• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Moon Knight vs. Red Hood (564 votes)

Moon Knight 47%
Red Hood 46%
Too close to call 7%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (assume Marc has a pre-Bendis' run mental status, therefore he won't think he's one of the other Avengers).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them.
  • Both characters have standard gear (assume Moon Knight has his standard gear from the Civil War era).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
#1 Edited by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight wins. Jason's skill resume is a bit lacking in comparison to people like Nightwing; he lost to Batman rather rapidly once Bruce took him seriously in the original pre-Flashpoint Under the Hood arc (appeared to have the upper hand in the new 52, but that was one panel and no details were provided so virtually anything could have happened before that), and lost to a blind, disoriented (and gassed, if I remember correctly) Nightwing. Moon Knight's skill feats are better, and I'm ignoring that nonsense with Taskmaster here; even disregarding the fights while he had powers, he's done well against Deadpool, Swordsman, and as a high showing, against the useless Mac Gargan Venom. Neither of them have ever struck me as especially great marksmen along the lines of a Deadshot or Bullseye, but Spector has accuracy feats with his crescent darts that should match up well with the Hood's. Plus there's the bulletproof armor. What really sells it for me is Spector's more impressive damage soak. He's been on the receiving end of several gruesome beatings and continued to fight while bleeding profusely from a half dozen different places. He'll outlast Todd, if nothing else.

#2 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knights crazy ass ftw.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

Plus there's the bulletproof armor.

Just fyi, he doesn't have the carbonadium armor in this fight.

Staff Online
#4 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@citizenbane:

Then it should be closer, but I still think Marc at least scrapes the win.

#5 Edited by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what puts Marc over the edge is how he's crazy. this craziness makes him unpredictable, and that unpredictableness mixed with his skill, gadgets, and stealth helps him win this match.

#6 Edited by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight all the way.

#7 Posted by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Moon Knight.

But for the sake of curiosity which personality is he in during the fight?

#8 Posted by TellTaleGentleman (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Hand-to-Hand: Moon Knight, Jason is too... full of rage to see the big picture of the battle and Marc has demonstrated pain tolerance and high level of stamina without his powers, though both are violent.

Long-range: Debatable, if Moon Knight has his armor on, then he scores. If he doesnt and there is no cover, he wins...barely.

#9 Edited by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@citizenbane:

Then it should be closer, but I still think Marc at least scrapes the win.

Yeah, I figured as much based on your post.

That said, Deadpool vs Moon Knight never happened.

IT. NEVER. HAPPENED.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by TellTaleGentleman (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Could you tell us more about the downtown area? I mean, will they be able to climb on rooftops, or use parts of the scenario as weapons?

#11 Edited by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) - - Show Bio

@telltalegentleman: Yes, the entire downtown area is on limits. They can venture into alleys, rooftops, inside buildings, etc. Everything is on limits and it's unpopulated. If they want to use an item as a weapon, then there's nothing preventing them from doing so.

And fyi Moon Knight does not have his armor.

Staff Online
#12 Posted by Captain_Superior_Blue (39 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Jason Todd doesn't stand a chance, Moon Knight ftw.

#13 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2638 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight

#14 Posted by Carolina574 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight... Wasn't he like an army ranger or something

#15 Edited by dondave (37404 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Can Jason use his all-blades?

#16 Edited by nightwingnerd (323 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Red Hood

#17 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14414 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight.

#18 Posted by impossibilly (886 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood. Moon Knight would come up lame in this fight. ;)

#19 Edited by TellTaleGentleman (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@carolina574:

If you consider his older bio, it is CIA operator and mercenary, Jason could have been the wonder boy, but Moon Knight will cut his head and offer it to Khonshu.

#20 Posted by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway someone can summarize Moon Knght for me. What's his abilities, sensibilities, etc.?

#21 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to say that Red Hood wins, i really do. but i just cant. Both fighters have had years of combat training. Marc-boxer, CIA, Marine. Jason- what Batman taught him. However you rarely see Jason straight up fist fighting with people anymore, he uses the guns alot these days, some would say hes reliant on them. Moon Knight uses the throwing crescents but i dont think those represent a serious threat. i think this fight might actually end in a stand up fist fight

one big factor in this battle (IMO) is mental state. Moon Knight has always been a little nuts, and yet hes won hundreds of fights while being Cat-Lady-Crazy. the guy lives everyday crazy, hes used to it, he makes it work. unless youre the Hulk, anger is a negative in a battle. Jason is one angry young man, and time and time again this has been shown to screw everyone and anyone over. Jason's struggled with his anger and all the negative emotions that come with it, it can easily turn into a big distraction.

big question... is it night time? if it is then Moon Knight has quite an advantage because of his moon light healing factor.

in the end i hate to admit it but i think MK will take this battle. if worse comes to worse you could always crash the MoonCopter on top of Red Hood...

#22 Posted by xRonanx (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood wins. Moon Knight has had great military training, but Jason has had training from Batman. Spector is just outclassed.

Both Can be ruthless fighters, but Jason is more focused than Spector. His mental illness is a wildcard that may or may not help him.

Spector has taken people like Task Master and Bushman, but Jason has gone up against Batman's villains.

I love both characters, both are in my top ten, but I have to give it to Jason.

#23 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@telltalegentleman: Yes, the entire downtown area is on limits. They can venture into alleys, rooftops, inside buildings, etc. Everything is on limits and it's unpopulated. If they want to use an item as a weapon, then there's nothing preventing them from doing so.

And fyi Moon Knight does not have his armor.

He always wore armor but starting with issue #38, Moon Knight appears in adamantium armor rather than his Kevlar costume.

#24 Edited by Owie (3736 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight, he's pretty agile, very accurate with his darts, and as said by everyone, there are few other people who can take a licking and keep on ticking like Marc.

I'd probably go for Marc, 7/10.

#25 Posted by mattitude22 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

moon knight is defintly skilled but i think redhood is more skilled after all he was tranied by the best

#26 Posted by Chaos Burn (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

moon knight

#27 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

moon knight is defintly skilled but i think redhood is more skilled after all he was tranied by the best

that statement doesn't pass the litmus test - just because a teacher may be "the best" does not mean the student has acquired all the knowledge of the teacher or even that the student absorbed the teachings taught them by that incredible teacher

#28 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon KNight.Better skills and has won against people that are higher is skills than Jason.

#30 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon knight would win cuz marc is literally mother f*cking insane which means he would never give up in a fight

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33377 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight... Wasn't he like an army ranger or something

He was a Marine, mercenary, boxer and CIA agent

#32 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i must be forgetting something about Todd cause i honestly don't see him winning

Moon Knight has got distinct advantages like his night vision (which comes in hand 50 feet apart) and his shadow invisibility. I thought that maybe if Jason stuck to a long range assault he would keep the edge but then i remembered Moon Knights answer was TripWire guns which shoot his moon darts. This is not considering his natural moon light healing and above average -in moon light super- strength

I see MK having the mental patience of simple removing line of sight that Jason has of MK, then waiting for an opening in the building or shadows. This would take away Jason one advantage of long range combat, then MK would strike at a weakness and even if Todd reacted it would now be a hand-to-hand close range fight.

MK wins

#33 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

@monarch_chronicle: I thought Moon Knight didnt have his moon based powers in this battle.

#34 Posted by RedX17 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tough call. Jason is better in hand to hand[even before the new 52 pretty much made him the white Jet Li] but I'll admit that Marc's better marksmanship and experiance give him an advantage...I think this is just to close to call.

#35 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx said:

@monarch_chronicle: I thought Moon Knight didnt have his moon based powers in this battle.

I assume he would at least have a portion by the whole "at night" thing, but if someone said otherwise, i would not refute

#36 Edited by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

@redx17 said:

It's a tough call. Jason is better in hand to hand[even before the new 52 pretty much made him the white Jet Li] but I'll admit that Marc's better marksmanship and experiance give him an advantage...I think this is just to close to call.

Question

How do you feel Jason Todd would fair against significantly a stronger opponent? ( i mean Super Strength)

#37 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems like it would be a very very close match. I would probably say to close to call but i refuse to use that button unless it is like Hulk (green) vs Hulk (green). I would say that Moonknights mental state would be the game changer. If Jason picks up on Spectors mental instability he could try and play it against moon knight.

#38 Edited by greenlucario (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see this fight, despite a close match I'd give it to Moon Knight for staying power. And by that I mean he has consistently fought opponents when badly injured such as with broken knees and managed to win. See Moon Knight (2006) #1 and #2 for example. Also if it would count he fought Deadpool managing to hold his own, sword to sword with him. Plus Marc will do anything he feels is necessary, (such as carving off Bushman's face) to win. On many occasions he has fought "more skilled" opponents and proven that he can overcome their skills because he will do whatever it takes. Fights of that nature include Black Spectre, Bullseye, Taskmaster, Bushman, and others.

Also, though it's been said, it's irrelevant who trained Jason because he hasn't had the years of training that either his master or Marc for that matter have had. And yes Marc does have a good deal of martial arts experience under his belt.

#39 Posted by sentryman555 (771 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading Moon Knight's page because I don't know much about him I'm gonna have to give this one to Jason. He just has better training than Moon Knight.

#40 Edited by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#41 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: oh, but his reflexes and speed are still ace

he has stat advantages

#42 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Are u saying he does not in this battle or as a character?

#43 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've read, Moon Knight appears to be the more impressive skill-wise of the two.

#44 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that people are forgetting just how well trained Jason is....not only was he trained by Batman but Talia sent him around the world to be trained by the best gun experts and explosive experts the criminal world has to offer...then you have to include his All Caste training....he's had a much more versatile training than Marc has with the C.I.A. and as a merc

plus you can say that Moon Knight being crazy makes him unpredictable but I say it makes him crazy

#45 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading Moon Knight's page because I don't know much about him I'm gonna have to give this one to Jason. He just has better training than Moon Knight.

Bah- that's a joke... Moon Knight was a U.S.Marine and a CIA operative as well as a Mercenary and Heavy-Weight boxer. Jason's batman training does not measure up.

What this means is he shoots better than Jason, fights better than him, and coupled with his willingness to take some damage in order to land a killing blow- this is essentially in the bag... not to mention his SUPER STRENGTH FROM BEING KINDA CRAZY (yeah it's THAT kind of super strength- the crazy kind) and his gear, to include a kevlar costume to soak some damage. I don't see how a third (or is it fourth) rate Robin can match, or hope to beat, Moon Knight.

#46 Posted by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) - - Show Bio

Both. Moon Knight hasn't had moon based powers for years now.

Staff Online
#47 Edited by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@monarch_chronicle said:

I thought we were including everything pre-bendis in which case he would have his moon powers and enhanced strength?

And the last time i can remember was 2002, which was not that long ago when we are talking about feats.

#48 Posted by Autopsad (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I like Jason too, I vote for Moon Knight. This guy achieved to become an accomplished Batman-like on his own AND managed to do it while getting schizophrenic !

#49 Posted by comicace3 (5276 posts) - - Show Bio

It's too close to call.

#50 Posted by k4tzm4n (43911 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@monarch_chronicle said:

I thought we were including everything pre-bendis in which case he would have his moon powers and enhanced strength?

And the last time i can remember was 2002, which was not that long ago when we are talking about feats.

No, these are always "the standard current version" but when it comes to Moon Knight, that's obviously a complex statement due to the changes he's undergone in his 3 latest series. Due to the drastic changes over recent years, I opted to simply give him his Civil War gear instead of carbonadium as well because honestly, I feel that armor would make this quite unfair. Regardless, "moon powers" haven't been a part of his current character for years now and therefore he doesn't have them in this fight.

Staff Online