• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Arkillo vs. Hulk (455 votes)

Arkillo 35%
Hulk 63%
Too close to call 2%

Welcome to the third Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and they begin 50 feet apart.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
#151 Posted by XLR87T3 (2830 posts) - - Show Bio
#152 Posted by MonsterStomp (18186 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl said:

So...now I wonder how many people know very little about Arkillo even after they voted.

Just sayin'...

Please, I been through the same crap with Deathstroke winning by Fan Vote over Ultimate Cap. No tears will be shed for Hulk popularity vs Arkillo.

For once DC fans are crying over the lesser known character being shown up.

:O So hurtful you guys.

Bahahaha..

#153 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey man, get off your high horse.

I'm giving a viewpoint after reading the above comments.

Don't like it? Fine. But you don't have to act like Mr. Superior.

Please, I dont care either way. Im just happy to see I am not the only one who recognizes Popular Character >>> to Lesser know Character in votes.

I could care less about view points or who wins, cuase Hulk is going to win the votes no matter what anyone posts.

#154 Edited by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

I originally put its a draw. But some people are having me lean towards Arkillo. To bad i already voted :/

#155 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk smash with ease I say.

#156 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: I would love to see Deathstroke punch a baby lol. Mabey someone else could send Zeus flying with a punch. What I'm saying is not many, and I haven't seen it. No matter how you cut it dropping a sky father, if even momentarily, is impressive.

#157 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@flopsop200 said:

@azura_thena: I would love to see Deathstroke punch a baby lol. Mabey someone else could send Zeus flying with a punch. What I'm saying is not many, and I haven't seen it. No matter how you cut it dropping a sky father, if even momentarily, is impressive.

The amount of times Zeus has actually fought people in strictly H2H is just as finite as the amount of characters that have knocked him down. So how can it be impressive? Is it impressive when Batman beats up Joker in H2H? I just don't see how this could be anything special when quite literally any character with comparable strength to Zues' mere 90 ton base could do the same. Not only was Zeus limited initially in his strength level, but he also was not using any other ability that would have otherwise prevented Hulk from getting anywhere near him. If Wolverine binds himself so that he can't move his arms and legs, lies down and then agrees to fight you on those terms and you drag him out of the ring thereby getting yourself the win, would you try to make the claim that your victory was impressive? That is essentially, the kind of claim you are making with Hulk vs base strength Zeus in H2H.

#158 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: So far you've compared Hulk momentarily putting Zeus on his ass to Deathstroke punching a baby, Batman physically beating a frail insane man, and Wolverine being beaten by some weird type of bondage BFR. How much more do you want to undersell it?

#159 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@flopsop200 said:

@azura_thena: So far you've compared Hulk momentarily putting Zeus on his ass to Deathstroke punching a baby, Batman physically beating a frail insane man, and Wolverine being beaten by some weird type of bondage BFR. How much more do you want to undersell it?

I don't believe it is underselling it at all. Zeus without amplifying his own strength is only 90 tons. How is Hulk knocking over a character with only 90 ton strength supposed to be impressive? Are you suggesting that Hulk only has comparable strength to a character with a 90 ton base? The comparisons are an attempt to show you reason, that is all. I apologize if you drew some kind of uncomfortable parallel with my example but I don't feel it's really my fault that you made it "weird".

#160 Posted by MYadidas (24 posts) - - Show Bio

You have a Corp......Great!!!! I have a HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#161 Posted by Flopsop200 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: I don't think he is a 90 tonner really. Marvels official website has him listed as incalculable. He's physically trashed Thor and has picked up and slammed Mount Etna. Also by your logic, Hulk being so immensely stronger than him, the punch should of outright killed him, much as if Deathstroke punched a baby.

#162 Edited by Pop123 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk should win. I base on the long history of uber powerful baddies he has beaten.

#163 Posted by comicace3 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@sethysquare said:

Arkillo fosho.

But due to Hulk's popularity, he'll win. Not because he is more powerful but just more popular and well known.

This

YUP

#164 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@flopsop200 said:

@azura_thena: I don't think he is a 90 tonner really. Marvels official website has him listed as incalculable. He's physically trashed Thor and has picked up and slammed Mount Etna. Also by your logic, Hulk being so immensely stronger than him, the punch should of outright killed him, much as if Deathstroke punched a baby.

Marvel's website measures overall potential strength, somewhat inaccurately I might add. Nevertheless, I am in agreement with its listing of Zeus' strength being incalculable because he can amplify himself to an unknown degree. Do you have evidence that he performed these feats while only relying on his base strength? I would be very eager to see any kind of evidence to support the suggestion.

Strength does not equal durability so forgive me for being the bearer of bad news but that is not following my logic at all and instead is showing a failure on your part to understand the difference between the two stats. Hercules is arguably on Hulk's level yet he has been pincushioned by machine gun fire.

In any case, you have moved from making arguments that the feat is mighty to now making the argument that the feat cannot really be measured. Whether or not that was intentional is unknown to me and I have no idea why you would go that route when it really only serves to show that I was initially correct in saying it is not really a good feat.

#165 Posted by S0n_0f_j0r_E1 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how the outcome of this match is going to be determined by who has the most number of fans, then the Hulk is going to win based on popularity alone. Which is kind of sad. I'm hoping that a good percentage of people who voted actually researched each character before making their decision, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong, I voted for Hulk because I know that the Hulk has defeated characters who are much more powerful than Arkillo. Plus the Hulk has even fought Superman to a stand still in several Marvel/DC crossovers and I'm sure that Kal-El could handle the Yellow Latern leader.

As interesting as this match up is, I still agree that Hulk vs Doomsday would've been a better match.