• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Arkillo vs. Hulk (455 votes)

Arkillo 35%
Hulk 63%
Too close to call 2%

Welcome to the third Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and they begin 50 feet apart.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
#101 Posted by nigravirum1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

It would honestly depend on what kind of Hulk it is but I still voted for him. Arkillo would need to instill fear in the Hulk to come close but Hulk doesn't fear anything.

#102 Posted by mark15 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Mongol beat Arkillo who wasn't wearing his ring, if he was wearing it he would have won, Hulk has no ring, but Arkillo does. Arkillo isn't second to Sinestro without reason

#103 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

If this can happen to Hal, I think Arkillo has a problem.

Hulk wins. Popularity aside, I just don't see how it could be any other way.

#104 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio
Plank

@reignmaker: I don't think breaking a construct proves anything. Think about this, you can probably break a 4x4 plank but that doesn't mean that if someone attacked you with that plank they cant beat you enough till you get knocked the F@#k out or die, being able to break it doesn't make it any less dangerous.

So unless the objective is trying to keep Hulk in a box I don't see how him possibly breaking a construct matters at all.

#105 Posted by Supreme_Maj (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Too easy for the hulk not more than 5 mimutes of beating his strength will be too much for the ring to handle . i think the ring will even ask Arkillo to run after the first punch of the Hulk .Please this is not a fight is a massacre you should have selected Doomsday or even mongul with the rings(plural) like french people use to say "Une vraie bastonade pour le pauvre Arkillo" the score even surprises me people don't really know the hulk.

#106 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are people using the scan of Superman shattering Hal's shield as something to support Hulk doing the same. The new 52 Superman has been shown to be considerably stronger than the pre 52 Superman. The new 52 Superman has been shown to support the weight of the Earth for 5 days straight. This is several magnitudes beyond Hulk moving tectonic plates. Additionally the old adage, 'The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets" still holds true. In 99% of fights, his strength does not go from base to insane level instantly. It builds with time, as does his anger, in face of the strength of his opposition. As his anger ramps so it appears does his durability and healing rate, in line with his strength.

Unlike many heroes it appears Arkillo attacks at close to full power from the outset (instills more fear). I think he will handle the Hulk from the outset and if this fight is just about putting the other down (via an effective KO for a short period of time) I think he could do this as they Hulks physicals won't be high enough fast enough.

Should Arkillo not use his full power from the outset, to say torment the Hulk, this will elongate the fight time, enabling the hulk to then pose a real threat. Even then Arkillo will, like every other living being, fight for his survival, using every means at his disposal, even if this means punching / throwing hulk in to space to remove this obstruction. He is smart enough to realize this. It may take time to realize but he and his ring have sufficient power to hang in the combat until this tipping point is reached.

#107 Edited by Supreme_Maj (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass: this is a guy who spend a lot of time fighting the hulk. When you use to fight somebody after sometime you come up with new tricks and besides he attacked the hulk by surprise after they made peace so it was a cheap shot.

#108 Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: Yes, victory can be accomplished via knockout or incapacitation.

Staff
#109 Posted by Supreme_Maj (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: why he didn't thought about it when he was fighting Mongul? Please they are characters we can't compare Arkillo is a brute not a genius. You thing Arkillo will be the first guy who can fly hulk fights? or the only one who can create construct he has fought? What about Quasar or Doctor Spectrum of the squadron sinister? And Hulk can jump to reach Arkillo when flying.

#110 Posted by Dernman (14888 posts) - - Show Bio

@supreme_maj: I'm not taking either side for the record. Just want to say I don't think Arkilo is simply a brute. I don't see Sinestro making Arkilo the trainer of his corps and opposite to Kilowog if he was.

#111 Posted by Supreme_Maj (278 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: said

I'm not taking either side for the record. Just want to say I don't think Arkilo is simply a brute. I don't see Sinestro making Arkilo the trainer of his corps and opposite to Kilowog if he was.

you might be right but most of his fights are brawl fight so i don't expect him not to do what he does best and Sinistro also might as well consider the fact of his physical appearance because we are talking about fear bringer. You meet a guy like Arkillo one on one the first thing you will thing about is to run away.

#112 Edited by Flopsop200 (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: That was a great issue! Honestly though Zeus would of take Hulk to school any day of the week. He is just above his station in terms of abilities and instant access to power. That being said the reason why this is a great showing for Hulk Strength wise is because Zeus tried to play Hulk's game of hand to hand and was put on his ass. Hulk knocked him through a pillar and he literally fell on his ass. Not many people in Marvel can say they've done that. Also you can interpret this however you like but from that point on Zeus amped his own physical strength and swiftly dispatched Hulk. Hulk went from sending Zeus flying to being a helpless child. The stat up made the difference. Maybe he could of beat Hulk without the amp while going hand to hand, maybe not, but he didn't. Scans are on Google if your interested.

#113 Edited by Mr_Winchester (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a pretty good battle.

The Hulk wins IMO.

- Both characters are pretty damn strong but it is common sense to assume Hulk is obviously stronger as such, engaging in hand to hand with Hulk would be little more than foolish on Arkrillo's end.

- From a physical stand point The constructs may not be much of a challenge to Hulk for two main reasons

1) Arkrillo's constructs mostly tend to be of a melee nature ones that are used at close to mid range, we have seen Hulk tank attacks of a much devastating nature so we can assume that attacks such as these won't really be that effective.

2) Arkrillo's brutish character in general limits his usage and creativity when it comes to constructs, in other words don't expect Arkrillo to make a gamma absorbing machine (like the one used at the end of WWH).

- HOWEVER: Arkrillo does have one saving grace in this battle:

* This is current Hulk therefore, we can assume he does not posses the same level of psychological stability as Green Skaar or Gravenge Hulk as he appears to be in his trademark brutish persona.

* Given that Hulk is in this persona it is possible that Arkrillo can in fact detect and even feed off the inner fears which reside in the Hulk i.e. daddy issues.

* Even when Hulk was in his green scar persona, his daddy issues did in fact emerge when he was fighting Skaar (his son). Now, granted this happened because scar triggered the memory of his father however, for a yellow lantern that fear simply needs to exist and they pull it out.

* The detection of fear and amplification of ones power as a yellow lantern does not require said yellow lantern to be a tactician as all yellow lanterns have an affinity to fear.

* Therefore I feel Arkrillo's only possible route to victory lies in powering his constructs through Hulk's inner fear.

- In conclusion: Arkrillo can take advantage of Hulks inner fears to strengthen his constructs however I feel that if he decides to engage Hulk at a close range even with empowered constructs, Hulk will still prevail as he not only has the physical edge with his durability and strength but also because Dr Banner's psyche will also act to overcome the manipulation of his fears whereby eventually cutting off Arkrillo's strengthening factor.

#114 Posted by joewell (6284 posts) - - Show Bio

I know almost nothing but basic knowledge on these characters other than what has been posted in this and the other thread.

With this info i think Hulk would take the win. Arkillo seems like a brute ( unless someone could post some scans of him fighting tactically or any scans at all, i really wanna see this guy in action ) and if he charges Hulk head on he's going down.

But again, i haven't seen any feats for Arkillo and i could be converted

#115 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the talented Mr. Tom Ripley

#116 Edited by Omega_Buggz (32 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Hulk, I mean the way Mongul just demolished and humiliated Arkillo shows me that he is not ready for the fury that is the Jade Giant! He'll have his tongue around his neck again

#117 Posted by BATMAN9797 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkillo would beat the crap out of the Hulk, if the fight starts 50 feet apart Arkillo could just use his Sinestro corps ring to create long range weapons

#118 Edited by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator: why he didn't thought about it when he was fighting Mongul? Please they are characters we can't compare Arkillo is a brute not a genius. You thing Arkillo will be the first guy who can fly hulk fights? or the only one who can create construct he has fought? What about Quasar or Doctor Spectrum of the squadron sinister? And Hulk can jump to reach Arkillo when flying.

He is a 'brute' who has managed to still create a variety of different ring constructs. And even the animalistic intelligences remove themselves from harms way. Simply encasing the Hulk and projecting him in to space is simply removing the danger and the ring responds to the users mental commands. Doctor Spectrum is not in the same league as a Lantern, especially one like Arkillo. And the Hulk has a limitation when he leaps - he can't change direction.

#119 Edited by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Hulk, I mean the way Mongul just demolished and humiliated Arkillo shows me that he is not ready for the fury that is the Jade Giant! He'll have his tongue around his neck again

Did Arkillo have his ring for that fight?

#120 Edited by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@omega_buggz said:

I'll make scans right now for you.

Staff
#121 Posted by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_creator said:

@omega_buggz said:

Staff
#122 Posted by halovsmarvel (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: Ive read plenty of Hulk and Green Lantern. Arkillo goes down hard

#123 Edited by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_creator said:

@omega_buggz said:

Ouch. Yeah Thats a pretty big embarrassment, can he not talk now? Not only that, but he doesn't even use his ring as much as I thought. That was what might have swayed me, because he's not on the hulk's level strength wise. Yeah I don't see him beating the hulk under any circumstances. My vote goes to hulk.

#124 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Thanks. So Arkillo had 1 ring and Mongul had 6......and it was still hard on Mongul.

#125 Edited by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: To be fair, it seemed like there was a mutual agreement that was a "no rings" fight and they just relied on brawling (even though both still wore them). Arkillo uses constructs quite often. They're never particularly advanced or anything (he's used a net to smash someone with debris and created various things for stabbing/blasting), but he's by no means shy when it comes to using it.

Staff
#126 Edited by k4tzm4n (38831 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_creator said:

@k4tzm4n: Thanks. So Arkillo had 1 ring and Mongul had 6......and it was still hard on Mongul.

You're welcome. Despite both wearing rings it appears neither used them in the battle. I guess there was some sort of mutual understanding due to the nature of the challenge, or at least that's how I view it.

Staff
#127 Posted by JReed2008 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle is kinda a toughy. On the one hand you have Arkillo, whose power ring would make him a high level threat to hulk, he can use it to create constructs to hurt Hulk from a distance, or try to instill fear into hulk, or bring out his inner fears. Now the Hulk being the Hulk idt he has any fears, I remember in a WWH one-shot Trauma tried to used Hulks fear against him, and that almost got him(Trauma) killed. But then again this is Arkillo we're talking about, not some human. So he, not being able to use Hulks fears against him, would then revert to just using constructs to beatdown Hulk, and depending on how long Arkillo allows this to go on for, Hulk could just get madder and madder enough eventually to just smash all the constructs that come out of the ring. I feel like this scenario would happen long before Arkillo's ring ran out of juice. And if Arkillo's smart enough, he would then BFR Hulk, knowing he wouldn't stand a chance anymore. So with BFR Arkillo wins, but without it, I say Hulk wins. I haven't voted yet, so please someone chime in and lmk if i'm right or not, and if BFR is allowed during this fight.

#128 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@novi_homines: To be fair, it seemed like there was a mutual agreement that was a "no rings" fight and they just relied on brawling (even though both still wore them). Arkillo uses constructs quite often. They're never particularly advanced or anything (he's used a net to smash someone with debris and created various things for stabbing/blasting), but he's by no means shy when it comes to using it.

yeah I missed that part. From what i've seen from him though, I don't think he has the ability to end hulk early in the fight. Since he can't do this, hulk ends up winning. The longer the match, the shorter the amount of time for hulks inevitable victory

#129 Posted by imthegreenbatern (1 posts) - - Show Bio

imo hulk would crush arkillo simply because arkillo isnt one for quick kills when he sees a challenge and that just plays into hulks style. arkillo would try to cause as much pain as possible before the kill which gives hulk too much time to... SMASH!!!

#130 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17774 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@azura_thena said:

Forgive me but I fail to see how a quantum molder designed to soften adamantium has anything at all to do with piercing or slashing durability. Molders, as far as I know, deal with temperature and pressure.

Wolverine has not always been able to cut Hulk. In the very issue you previously mentioned, Wolverine was unable to cut Hulk at all. This has since been retconned however. I imagine the retcon applies to all previous piercing/slashing feats as that is exactly what was indicated. So these feats you list may have applied before, but no longer. They are now healing factor feats.

I never said he had to be outwardly displaying anger to gain strength but deception and subtlety have never really been in Hulk's toolbox with few exceptions. At least not in the traditional or current incarnation and no evidence was provided to indicate that Hulk was using such tactics in the fight currently under discussion. That is unfortunately, an assumption.

Even in your elaboration, pain is not the cause of Hulk's power increase. Pain potentially leads to anger but anger is still the cause of strength gain. I question the validity of Hulk being able to "unleash" all his strength at the flick of a finger. If this was the case, there would never be any sort of slope in his strength growth. He would just go from base strength to shattering planets in an instant but he never really operates like that. When faced with something that is stronger or more durable than his current strength, he gradually gains strength until he can overcome. So even if I suspend my disbelief on his instant access to the full range of his "limitless strength", which I think has problems all of its own, it would still be grossly out of character for him to act in such a way due to CIS.

Well It wasn't PIS, you see the events of planet hulk, and WWH lead to the creation of a new incarnation. Each hulk differs from the other, and WWH regressing his pain, an then letting it out is not CIS, it's actually pretty Valid. Let me elaborate.

In planet hulk was sent by his "friends" to another planet, where he was enslaved, weakened and had to fight for his life. then he managed to find love, and settle down, no more anger, no more anguish, but then the shuttle detonated, killed his wife, and his unborn child. Having been greatly angered he, set out and bashed their skulls in ( relatively speaking of course), and then he found out that one of his friends tricked him to do this. Thats strike 5. He goes world breaker but manages to hold it back in. Then for a while banner becomes without the hulk, and he is all alone, but when he comes back, he found that that his wife, was still alive, until galactus ate sakaar. Strike 6. Then he saves the world during chaos war along with hercules and the others, while at the time seeing his own father who brutally abused him, and now was a demon who demolised the hulk with his magic. add all that, and tell me that how the hulk could not have been angry? During the fight with Zeus he was angry, but he cared more about his family than his anger. also, then, his wife ran of with his enemy, making hulk even angrier, so the fact that he went world breaker by will makes a lot of sense, it wasn't out of nowhere, it was just focused, and it showed that hulk knew the dangers of his anger.

Pain does increase his anger, and Hulk, personality wise is the kind of guy who gets annoyed when he gets shot by bullets, which don't even hurt him, at all. so it's completely in character for him to get mad when he gets hurt, hence why is say pain increases his anger.

As for marvels retcon, there have been numerous instances where hulk shrugs of sharp objects, such as tank shells and etc, and i doubt it\d make sense if all this was because of a healing factor since they bounce of him, i take feats more into consideration rather than what marvel retcons. besides, hulk has had been feats after that statement, the Clash of titans was one example. as for the molder which i brought up, i find it illogical when a guy can take something that can soften up ADAMANTIUM without any damage but then get priced by a knife or something. see what i'm getting at? :)

I am always happy to have genuine, calm discussions. So the pleasure is all mine. :)

Likewise ^__^

I'm sorry but I never indicated that I felt it was PIS by any means. Quite the contrary actually. WWH had it's flaws but I wouldn't call it PIS. I do however, question the interpretation that he can unleash limitless strength at the flick of a finger. The entire story was one giant buildup of anger. There was no instant transfer from base strength to world shattering strength.

I understand what you are saying but whether or not you are aware, your explanation does actually make the claim that anger (which is called into question since you also claim he always has limitless strength to use on a whim), not pain, causes his increase in strength. I believe you may have misunderstood my previous post as well because I never made the claim that he is not angered by pain. I imagine he reacts to pain much like any human in that it CAN lead to anger. But just because it can, does not mean that it always does. Even Hulk is capable of some measure of control. He would have to be in order to your claim to be accurate anyway.

I agree that there are multiple instances where he shrugs off sharp objects. What information I am trying to pass on to you is that you need to interpret those feats differently now. The retcon does not invalidate the feats, it adjusts how they are to be looked at in order to modernize them.

It is not illogical for a character to have different types of durability at different levels. There are several characters that operate like this.

ohh, sorry for my misinterpretation :P

#131 Edited by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I did my reading and my initial gut feeling still stands. Hulk should win the majority due to Arkillo's flaws. Don't get me wrong, I think Arkillo is much superior on paper. However, he just seems to lose his toughest match-ups due to lack of creativity or just lack of thinking. Arkillo had the opportunity to kill Kilowog, but lost due to getting distracted by bystanders. He had the opportunity to finish Mongul, but mistakenly assumed that his opponent was down and out. He has such a Thor-like syndrome in which he fails to utilize one of the universe's most powerful weapons at its utmost potential. You have a planet-busting ring on your finger, but you allow your pride and stupidity get the better of you.

Hulk has a lot of pride, but unlike Arkillo, it actually lies in his greatest attribute: physical combat. I don't think that Hulk's base-level strength is greater than Arkillo's. However, his end-game strength is pretty much unparalleled apart from a few exceptional comic book characters. The yellow lantern might get a couple of good hits in, maybe even inflict some injuries with his constructs. However, Arkillo has never been illustrated to use BFR tactics or quick-kill constructs on heavy-hitting opponents. Hulk is someone you never want to engage in an endurance match with. Thirty minutes into the match, and Hulk will reach a level of power that Arkillo won't be able to keep up with. He certainly can but he won't due to CIS.

Vote: Hulk

#132 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

first of all hulk is afraid of losing bettybut his rage would far outweigh that if someone threatened her. Hulk smashes arkillo after a long fight. No bfr thats the only way for the loser of the fight to win. Op made it sound like they would be brawling and no one is better tgan that than the hulk

#133 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

What sucks about Arkillo is that hes a jobber, hes only had about 4 major fights and hes never won any of them. It sucks because he is a strong character and in all those fights he was very close to winning until he Jobbed at the end. His strength is consistent in all those fights though so you're not going to see him getting owned by monkeys anytime soon like a certain green guy in this match. But because the power of that certain green guy is extremely inconsistent he'll probably win because "he'll just get really mad", I still think Arkillo can take it, I mean if a monkey and wolverine can own Hulk then why cant Arkillo? Hes not the leader of the Yellow Lanterns for nothing.

#134 Posted by Highball792 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Hulk. If you read the Sinestro Corps War, Kilowog defeats Arkillo eventually by using brute force (in this case throwing an aircraft carrier on him)... Hulk can do this easy.

#135 Edited by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

#136 Edited by dondave (35936 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkillo can make Hulk constructs to distract him long enough for him to get the KO as seen when used them against the Guardians of the Universe

He also makes constructs when he's fighting which can be used against the Hulk

He can also use Hulk's greatest fears against him such as his father as shown when he used it against Invictcus and use Kyle's fear for Ganthet to break through his shield's

He also made battle armour that was durable enough to protect him from the Third Army who had already broken through the shields of Lanterns before

He was also able to briefly fight the Archangel Invictus a being who capable of destroying planets and almost defeated Larfleeze

#137 Posted by BuNKiTZ (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk. I don't know that much about Arkillo, but I'm still confident with my answer. I mean, sure, he's really strong and has a power ring and all that, but the longer the fight gets, the less energy his power ring will have. And as soon as it runs out, he's definitely finished. Also, Hulk will most likely get angrier as the fight progresses, thus getting even stronger. I'm pretty sure Hulk is strong enough to break through Arkillo's constructs. I mean, if Superman (that's not even serious) and Wonder Woman (that's pissed) can break through one of Hal's constructs, who is known for his great willpower which powers his constructs, then I'm pretty sure Hulk can break through Arkillo's. Then again, I guess Hal might not have been going all out during those times as well... Ehh, either ways, I vote Hulk. I mean, come on, it's the Hulk.

#138 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

No street levelers :(

#139 Edited by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

So...now I wonder how many people know very little about Arkillo even after they voted.

Just sayin'...

#140 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

....someone call Saint Walker we need a new tongue asap

#141 Edited by eisemanb (4 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk owns a unicorn....Arkillo doesn't have a chance.

#142 Edited by marvelftw (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Short of a miracle, I think Hulk's gonna win the vote lol Arkillo would almost have to double his vote count to beat him.

#143 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

So...now I wonder how many people know very little about Arkillo even after they voted.

Just sayin'...

Please, I been through the same crap with Deathstroke winning by Fan Vote over Ultimate Cap. No tears will be shed for Hulk popularity vs Arkillo.

For once DC fans are crying over the lesser known character being shown up.

#144 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: That was a great issue! Honestly though Zeus would of take Hulk to school any day of the week. He is just above his station in terms of abilities and instant access to power. That being said the reason why this is a great showing for Hulk Strength wise is because Zeus tried to play Hulk's game of hand to hand and was put on his ass. Hulk knocked him through a pillar and he literally fell on his ass. Not many people in Marvel can say they've done that. Also you can interpret this however you like but from that point on Zeus amped his own physical strength and swiftly dispatched Hulk. Hulk went from sending Zeus flying to being a helpless child. The stat up made the difference. Maybe he could of beat Hulk without the amp while going hand to hand, maybe not, but he didn't. Scans are on Google if your interested.

Apologies but I don't see how Hulk punching a character through a pillar is an impressive feat, especially when that character has a base strength of 90 tons vs Hulk's supposedly incalculable strength. No one would say it is a great showing for Deathstroke to punch out a child, so I just don't see how Hulk knocking down a 90 ton character is supposed to dazzle. Anyone with around or well below 90 ton strength could conceivably do the very same thing in a H2H with Zeus. I don't want to come off as accusatory but I think you might be inflating the value of this feat.

#145 Posted by caladbolglight (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to go with Hulk. I mean, other than when faced with telepathy, Hulk is practically invincible. I get the whole power ring factor, but has Hulk ever been scared in a story? And even if he was afraid, wouldn't he just angrier, and therefore stronger. I don't even like the hulk, but I have to admit that along with characters like Juggernaut and Thor, he literally is the strongest there is.

#146 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Plank

@reignmaker: I don't think breaking a construct proves anything. Think about this, you can probably break a 4x4 plank but that doesn't mean that if someone attacked you with that plank they cant beat you enough till you get knocked the F@#k out or die, being able to break it doesn't make it any less dangerous.

So unless the objective is trying to keep Hulk in a box I don't see how him possibly breaking a construct matters at all.

An interesting argument. You might be on to something. However, everything that comes from the ring is a construct. Even if it's "weaponized" it's still a construct being generated from the ring.

Regardless, I think the previous scans establish that Arkillo isn't going to be able to heavily rely on the ring for defensive purposes in this fight. The question then becomes, can Arkillo out-damage the Hulk from an offensive standpoint? Perhaps over a greater area, but not in single-target damage. That and the Hulk has proven to be much more durable than Arkillo when it comes to sustaining damage.

Arkillo's fighting style is also that of a brawler. If he engages the Hulk the way he engages most of his foes, I think this fight will be over fast.

#147 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
#148 Posted by young_beamer (127 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk's strength actually grows and he has fought energy projectors like arkillo before. unlimited strength overcomes strength and energy anytime. hulk wins

#149 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6570 posts) - - Show Bio

Obvisouly Hulk will win because he's more popular.

#150 Edited by sinestro_GL (3121 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinestro_gl said:

Just sayin'...

Please, I been through the same crap with Deathstroke winning by Fan Vote over Ultimate Cap. No tears will be shed for Hulk popularity vs Arkillo.

For once DC fans are crying over the lesser known character being shown up.

Hey man, get off your high horse.

I'm giving a viewpoint after reading the above comments.

Don't like it? Fine. But you don't have to act like Mr. Superior.