This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (39341 posts) 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Arkillo vs. Hulk (456 votes)

Arkillo 35%
Hulk 63%
Too close to call 2%

Welcome to the third Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and they begin 50 feet apart.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
#51 Edited by Outside_85 (11329 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit mystified by those who claim Arkillo wins through simple BFR;

1. Because it's stated in the OP that Arkillo is less likely to actually try that than other ring slingers
  2. To me it sounds out of his character to do it, he does what he does to prove to everyone that he's a God of Terror, if he BFR's him it's more like Terrified God.

And to those who say; Power Ring = win... no, not really, Lanterns of all colors seems to be dying in droves almost regardless of what type of threat rises against them, they mostly overcome them sure, but fact remains a Power Ring doesn't grant auto-wins.

#52 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (879 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a big ol fan of the Lanterns. All of them. But no one beats HULK.

#53 Posted by JamesKM716 (2018 posts) - - Show Bio

The abilities of the Ring should allow Arkillo to win, BUT as K4tzm4n points out, Arkillo often goes down and dirty. Overall i give it to Arkillo

6/10

#54 Posted by deadpool25mm (662 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Battled the sentry to a tie in WWH. so he is basicly unbeatable.

#56 Posted by Azura_Thena (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena said:

@theacidskull said:

@azura_thena said:

@theacidskull said:

what are you talking about ? it was a great showing for hulk. while i agree that Zues could eat hulk , hulk wanted a fair hand to hand battle, Zues not only amped himself and didn't fight hulk hand to hand, but he also sapped hulks durability and strength.

I am sorry but I disagree. Hulk did nothing but get beat around like a pinata the entire time. You could no more say Batman's fight with Darkseid was a great showing. Hulk didn't want a fair fight. If I recall correctly, he wanted Zeus to kill him as a sacrifice for his friends and family. I am not sure why you would think Zeus amplifying his strength matters at all. Hulk still put up little fight and was literally getting murdered.

It matters. Hulk wanted to die yes, and he knew Zues wouldn't play fair. and he didn't fight back on perpous, he could have done more but the conclusion would have been the same, no arguing that. It was a great showing because Zeus went back on his word, amped himself, and weakened hulk so he could win the fist fight, and and hulk took a beating and was still conscious and then we was tortuted for days while his healing factor was weakened.

Forgive my brass response but you are assuming much here in that you think Hulk could have done more. The fight seemed rather definitive in that Hulk not only lost but lost very badly. I see you acknowledge that he would have lost either way but to say he could have made it closer had he wanted to is the stretch based on what I guess is a personal investment in the character and there is no evidence to support the claim.

Zeus going back on his word does not make it a great showing for Hulk. It only shows a lack of character for Zeus, but it is Zeus so no real surprise there. I suppose if you are dead set on labeling this a great feat, you could make a case for his pain threshold but even then, it is hardly one of Hulk's better feats in that regard either.

Also, it has been some time since I read the issue. Perhaps you have scans of the fight that you would be willing to include in your next reply? I do not recall Zeus sapping Hulk's power, only the amplification.

Don't get me wrong man, i know Zeus would stomp hulks arse to oblivion, he is after all a skyfather, but hulk is pretty powerful, and he was still walking after a couple of hits, he wouldn't have done much but i am certain that from his feats he could have done more, rather than just charge in a let Zeus punch him over and over.

It's a good damage soak Feat, hulks durability was weakening and he still managed to at least pull himself together before the inevitable. it was a good showing in a sense thate he managed to take such a beating from none other than a skyfather.

Two points to support my claim. One was the fact that hulk was impaled on a rock, thats a big durability drop mind you, the rock should have crumpled, while in hulks skin was scraped deeply by it.

Look at the last scan, thats what i meant. and the second is that Hephaestus basically tells hulks this, that " Your strength won't return for a while. you've been punched by Zeus" , here is the scan.

I assure you that i am not, as one would say" talking out of my arse" Lol :D!

Hope this scans helps :)

Hulk's durability is fairly inconsistent throughout the years though. He has been pierced by as little as aluminum pipes before. In fact, I am fairly sure they (Marvel) addressed this by saying he doesn't really have much for piercing and slashing durability. He just heals so fast, it appears as though he does. His durability, like Wonder Woman, lies in blunt force durability. So with that in mind, Hulk being impaled on a rock doesn't seem to be a durability sap at all.

As far as Hephasaestus' words, to me, it seemed to indicate that Hulk wont be at full strength for some time because he was beat so badly, not because of a power sap.

#58 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the whole argument of why Hulk wins is " because he'll get mad"? that's pretty lame, why does Hulk have fans?

#59 Posted by Azura_Thena (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena: HUlks durability does vary but he has been fairly great with Sharp things, only exceptions are with adamantium type metals and magic. When hulk was pierced by a lead pipe it was because his durability had dropped, i'm assuming that was when he had a little fight with deadpool . Wade even expresses how surprised he is at this ight, to which hulk says" you're not the only one with problems". This was time where hulk was hurt by a missile, which never happens. hulks durability was really low at the time.

When hulk takes a beating his durability increase, so does his strength. Wolverine has mentioned this two times, saying that hulks skin was becoming harder to cut. Hephaestus makes it clear that it was because " Zeus" punched him specifically other wise he would not have been weakened, in fact, it's quite the opposite. Pain makes hulk stronger.

our interpretations may vary i guess. :P

That is what I am saying though. Marvel seems to have retroactively retconned Hulk's durability into purely blunt force and piercing and slashing attacks just have healed so fast that it only looked like he had the durability.

Wolverine was the issue I am specifically thinking of, so thank you for bringing it up. In the original issues, Wolverine expressed frustration at being unable to cut the skin with his claws. In a fairly recent Wolverine issue where he is thinking back on the fight, he realizes that he in fact did cut Hulk. Hulk just healed so fast from the cuts, that Wolverine mistakenly thought his attacked was rebuffed.

Hephaestus did make it clear that Hulk was weakened by Zeus' punches. He did not make it clear that it was from some vague power sap ability however. I agree that it seems our interpretations seem to go in separate directions. To me, it seems far more likely that after a severe beating, one would be less "strong" than they would be at full health. As far as I know, pain doesn't make Hulk stronger but rather it is anger that increases his strength. Hulk didn't seem very angry at the climax of his beating. In fact, he seemed decidedly submissive.

#60 Edited by Pyrogram (42525 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena said:

@capfan80 said:

I am by no stretch a huge fan of the Hulk but he has shown the ability to take a serious and prolonged beating by guys like Zeus without dying. He has traded blows with the likes of the Sentry and Juggs. I just don't know if Arkillo would be able to take Hulk out of the fight. Over time I think both Arkillo's body and ring would wear down and Hulk would kill him. On the other hand Arkillo might fling him into space and once in the void of space the Hulk's strength would have no mass to push against move around and Arkillo could dispose of him in a sun or something. Not really Arkillo's style though.

I am pretty sure Zeus made it perfectly clear that Hulk would have died any time Zeus felt like killing him. It was not a very good showing for Hulk.

what are you talking about ? it was a great showing for hulk. while i agree that Zues could eat hulk , hulk wanted a fair hand to hand battle, Zues not only amped himself and didn't fight hulk hand to hand, but he also sapped hulks durability and strength.

Lol

#61 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why Arkillo cant do the same thing to The Hulk with a simple construct, Hulk went down really easy.

#63 Edited by FlashDamn (969 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn: sinestro corps war (both volumes)

Blackest night

Blackest night: green lantern

Green lantern: new guardians

Brightest day: green lantern

#65 Posted by Azura_Thena (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena said:

That is what I am saying though. Marvel seems to have retroactively retconned Hulk's durability into purely blunt force and piercing and slashing attacks just have healed so fast that it only looked like he had the durability.

Wolverine was the issue I am specifically thinking of, so thank you for bringing it up. In the original issues, Wolverine expressed frustration at being unable to cut the skin with his claws. In a fairly recent Wolverine issue where he is thinking back on the fight, he realizes that he in fact did cut Hulk. Hulk just healed so fast from the cuts, that Wolverine mistakenly thought his attacked was rebuffed.

Hephaestus did make it clear that Hulk was weakened by Zeus' punches. He did not make it clear that it was from some vague power sap ability however. I agree that it seems our interpretations seem to go in separate directions. To me, it seems far more likely that after a severe beating, one would be less "strong" than they would be at full health. As far as I know, pain doesn't make Hulk stronger but rather it is anger that increases his strength. Hulk didn't seem very angry at the climax of his beating. In fact, he seemed decidedly submissive.

I disagree on that point, why recently hulk basically took a shower of a quantum molder that softens up adamantium, and he didn't seem at all affected. And wolverine has always been able to cut the hulk, i've never denied that, adamantium is just among tha few things that can price hulks skin, but bullets and regualr knives and spears re basically not effective when it comes to hulk, expect planet hulk, but he was weakened there. so yeah.

Hulk also doesn;'t have to be raging to be angry, he is always pissed about something, just because he didn't show it doesn't mean he wasn't actually angry. Pain has increased hulks power because pain makes hulk anrgy. also Pak basically ended with the message that all that anger could be let out with a flick of a finger, in incredible hulks 634 he became world breaker at will, because all that anger was let out. If this had been the savage version, he'd would have shown his anger, but WWH was more of a worrier than a savage hero. Hulks anger is the equivalent of spider-man making quips, if that makes sense. Hulk is ALWAYS angry, he doesn't show it , not always anyways. great talk BTW ^___^

Forgive me but I fail to see how a quantum molder designed to soften adamantium has anything at all to do with piercing or slashing durability. Molders, as far as I know, deal with temperature and pressure.

Wolverine has not always been able to cut Hulk. In the very issue you previously mentioned, Wolverine was unable to cut Hulk at all. This has since been retconned however. I imagine the retcon applies to all previous piercing/slashing feats as that is exactly what was indicated. So these feats you list may have applied before, but no longer. They are now healing factor feats.

I never said he had to be outwardly displaying anger to gain strength but deception and subtlety have never really been in Hulk's toolbox with few exceptions. At least not in the traditional or current incarnation and no evidence was provided to indicate that Hulk was using such tactics in the fight currently under discussion. That is unfortunately, an assumption.

Even in your elaboration, pain is not the cause of Hulk's power increase. Pain potentially leads to anger but anger is still the cause of strength gain. I question the validity of Hulk being able to "unleash" all his strength at the flick of a finger. If this was the case, there would never be any sort of slope in his strength growth. He would just go from base strength to shattering planets in an instant but he never really operates like that. When faced with something that is stronger or more durable than his current strength, he gradually gains strength until he can overcome. So even if I suspend my disbelief on his instant access to the full range of his "limitless strength", which I think has problems all of its own, it would still be grossly out of character for him to act in such a way due to CIS.

I am always happy to have genuine, calm discussions. So the pleasure is all mine. :)

#66 Posted by mewmdude77 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the Hulk would win, since he doesn't really fear anyone, and yellow rings are powered by fear. Since a steady stream of fear isn't feeding the yellow power ring, Arkillo will run out of power eventually. the Hulk doesn't run out of strength, he just gets angrier and angrier. If he was going against a Red ring user, this would be a lot closer.

#67 Edited by jwalser3 (5717 posts) - - Show Bio

Constructs? Mongol level strength? Easily Arkillo.

#69 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2772 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by GLforHIRE (474 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dont see the conversation..its a planet level threat vs a galactic level threat. Thats like comparing a street leveler vs a high end mutant. They start 50 yards apart? With no prep or knowledge? Would it really be hard for Arkillo to keep Hulk at a distance? Its not like the hulk is citizen steel and cant be knocked over or knocked back so whats stopping a giant fist or huge monster construct from tossing hulk? And its not like Arkillo has the morals of hal where'd he'd worry about destroying stuff or killing anyone. He could float above and bring down the city on hulk. Speaking of which, flight plays a big part considering Arkillo doesn't even have to stay in the atmosphere really. Do contrusts really have a distance limit? So whats to stop him from just staying in the clouds and picking apart the ground based hulk? sure he can jump but not fast enough to catch a elite level lantern. Now if they just get into a smash out brawl i'd give it to hulk 7/10. Arkillo is strong but his ringless strength feats dont match up to hulks as we all know. But that being said, unless hulk one shots him (which I doubt to to arkillo being who he is AND his force field), after seeing how strong the hulk is, Arkillo wouldn't just punch it out with him. Thats when the ring and contructs make this pretty one sided. IF Arkillo can keep his distance thanks to the ring, and overall lantern flight speed, it shouldnt be a hard fight. If this was Hal or John they'd just make a giant slingshot and launch Hulk into orbit and let him float around till someone goes and gets him. Kind of like recently happened to him in the avengers assemble comic where hulk rushed the omega level kid and got blasted into orbit. Tony's told thor to go get the hulk as he floated in orbit.

#72 Posted by dum529001 (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a bit mystified by those who claim Arkillo wins through simple BFR;

1. Because it's stated in the OP that Arkillo is less likely to actually try that than other ring slingers
  2. To me it sounds out of his character to do it, he does what he does to prove to everyone that he's a God of Terror, if he BFR's him it's more like Terrified God.

And to those who say; Power Ring = win... no, not really, Lanterns of all colors seems to be dying in droves almost regardless of what type of threat rises against them, they mostly overcome them sure, but fact remains a Power Ring doesn't grant auto-wins.

Exactly.

And with that, given all that Hulk has done and can do, I say Hulk smashes Arkillo.

#73 Posted by Immortal777 (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

If Arkillo like Thor didn't go H2H and actually used his ring he could beat Hulk but in character Arkillo is a brawler. Arkillo has had a few decent fights against Mongul and Kilowog he lost though. I think Arkillo will give Hulk a run for his money but ultimately lose.

#74 Posted by BlueLanternBeast (75 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I would want Hulk to win, it's gotta be Arkillo. The ring is just a huge advantage.

#75 Posted by Cakeman3000 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk would eat him.

#76 Posted by Azura_Thena (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena said:

Forgive me but I fail to see how a quantum molder designed to soften adamantium has anything at all to do with piercing or slashing durability. Molders, as far as I know, deal with temperature and pressure.

Wolverine has not always been able to cut Hulk. In the very issue you previously mentioned, Wolverine was unable to cut Hulk at all. This has since been retconned however. I imagine the retcon applies to all previous piercing/slashing feats as that is exactly what was indicated. So these feats you list may have applied before, but no longer. They are now healing factor feats.

I never said he had to be outwardly displaying anger to gain strength but deception and subtlety have never really been in Hulk's toolbox with few exceptions. At least not in the traditional or current incarnation and no evidence was provided to indicate that Hulk was using such tactics in the fight currently under discussion. That is unfortunately, an assumption.

Even in your elaboration, pain is not the cause of Hulk's power increase. Pain potentially leads to anger but anger is still the cause of strength gain. I question the validity of Hulk being able to "unleash" all his strength at the flick of a finger. If this was the case, there would never be any sort of slope in his strength growth. He would just go from base strength to shattering planets in an instant but he never really operates like that. When faced with something that is stronger or more durable than his current strength, he gradually gains strength until he can overcome. So even if I suspend my disbelief on his instant access to the full range of his "limitless strength", which I think has problems all of its own, it would still be grossly out of character for him to act in such a way due to CIS.

Well It wasn't PIS, you see the events of planet hulk, and WWH lead to the creation of a new incarnation. Each hulk differs from the other, and WWH regressing his pain, an then letting it out is not CIS, it's actually pretty Valid. Let me elaborate.

In planet hulk was sent by his "friends" to another planet, where he was enslaved, weakened and had to fight for his life. then he managed to find love, and settle down, no more anger, no more anguish, but then the shuttle detonated, killed his wife, and his unborn child. Having been greatly angered he, set out and bashed their skulls in ( relatively speaking of course), and then he found out that one of his friends tricked him to do this. Thats strike 5. He goes world breaker but manages to hold it back in. Then for a while banner becomes without the hulk, and he is all alone, but when he comes back, he found that that his wife, was still alive, until galactus ate sakaar. Strike 6. Then he saves the world during chaos war along with hercules and the others, while at the time seeing his own father who brutally abused him, and now was a demon who demolised the hulk with his magic. add all that, and tell me that how the hulk could not have been angry? During the fight with Zeus he was angry, but he cared more about his family than his anger. also, then, his wife ran of with his enemy, making hulk even angrier, so the fact that he went world breaker by will makes a lot of sense, it wasn't out of nowhere, it was just focused, and it showed that hulk knew the dangers of his anger.

Pain does increase his anger, and Hulk, personality wise is the kind of guy who gets annoyed when he gets shot by bullets, which don't even hurt him, at all. so it's completely in character for him to get mad when he gets hurt, hence why is say pain increases his anger.

As for marvels retcon, there have been numerous instances where hulk shrugs of sharp objects, such as tank shells and etc, and i doubt it\d make sense if all this was because of a healing factor since they bounce of him, i take feats more into consideration rather than what marvel retcons. besides, hulk has had been feats after that statement, the Clash of titans was one example. as for the molder which i brought up, i find it illogical when a guy can take something that can soften up ADAMANTIUM without any damage but then get priced by a knife or something. see what i'm getting at? :)

I am always happy to have genuine, calm discussions. So the pleasure is all mine. :)

Likewise ^__^

I'm sorry but I never indicated that I felt it was PIS by any means. Quite the contrary actually. WWH had it's flaws but I wouldn't call it PIS. I do however, question the interpretation that he can unleash limitless strength at the flick of a finger. The entire story was one giant buildup of anger. There was no instant transfer from base strength to world shattering strength.

I understand what you are saying but whether or not you are aware, your explanation does actually make the claim that anger (which is called into question since you also claim he always has limitless strength to use on a whim), not pain, causes his increase in strength. I believe you may have misunderstood my previous post as well because I never made the claim that he is not angered by pain. I imagine he reacts to pain much like any human in that it CAN lead to anger. But just because it can, does not mean that it always does. Even Hulk is capable of some measure of control. He would have to be in order to your claim to be accurate anyway.

I agree that there are multiple instances where he shrugs off sharp objects. What information I am trying to pass on to you is that you need to interpret those feats differently now. The retcon does not invalidate the feats, it adjusts how they are to be looked at in order to modernize them.

It is not illogical for a character to have different types of durability at different levels. There are several characters that operate like this.

#77 Posted by marvelftw (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

Being as objective as possible...

I think Hulk takes this. Barely though as this would be one hell of a fight. Arkillo could simply BFR, but judging on the character it's more within him to want to go toe to toe with hulk on land like he did with Wog before even thinking about BFR. He'd hang in for quite a bit, using constructs and what not but ultimately I don't think he'd expect the Hulk to be so durable; not for his strength to grow so significantly. I think by the time Arkillo realizes his strength is bested (which he wouldn't openly believe as he is a beast character) Hulk would be too angry, too strong and Arkillo's chances of removing Hulk in a construct become very very slim. Hulk could probably easily break such a construct at that point as not only for his increased rage and strength, but because Arkillo's power ring charge would surely be waning.

Hulk wins by a nose, and basically Arkillo's hubris, in a fight for the ages. If this was a more thought out lantern, this would be a completely different story as BFR would easily take this. Someone like Hal, Sinestro or Kilowog would pull this out. Ultimately though, that makes this a great battle choice!

I stand by this statement.

#78 Posted by ShadowX (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going too close to call.

#79 Posted by XImpossibruX (5526 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why Arkillo cant do the same thing to The Hulk with a simple construct, Hulk went down really easy.

Owned.

#80 Posted by emmbro30 (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk strongest there is...Hulk SMASH glowing space man...RRAAAAAGGHH!...Nuff said.

#81 Posted by csantilli27 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

#82 Posted by Pokergeist (23181 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the whole argument of why Hulk wins is " because he'll get mad"? that's pretty lame, why does Hulk have fans?

Because of Gravage Hulk, Professor Hulk, and Grey Hulk that use tactics and intelligence with brawn to win.

Why do Non Hulk fans think Hulk is some dumb brute? Savage is sure, not the rest of the versions.

#83 Posted by Darkseid_Prime (208 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by JediXMan (32055 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkillo took on Mongul without the rings.

I'm siding with Arkillo.

#85 Posted by Kid_Nacho (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the two don't know about each others limitations, it's fair to say they'd both start swinging and swinging hard, but the facts are the Hulk has potentially limitless power, whereas Arkillo's yellow ring is a finite resource. Whilst it's doubtful Hulk will be at Green Scar levels of strength, he's still strong enough to move tectonic plates with his bare hands

With BFR not an option, I highly doubt the Hulk will be stopped in a one on one fight with someone who has no idea what he's capable of.

#86 Posted by JediXMan (32055 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass said:

Because of Gravage Hulk, Professor Hulk, and Grey Hulk that use tactics and intelligence with brawn to win.

Why do Non Hulk fans think Hulk is some dumb brute? Savage is sure, not the rest of the versions.

Because default Hulk isn't that smart. Fine, some versions are; those are not the versions typically used. Nor is WWH or Worldbreaker.

Default Hulk is overrated by his fans.

#87 Posted by Pokergeist (23181 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@cadencev2 said:

@tacos_kickass said:

Because default Hulk isn't that smart. Fine, some versions are; those are not the versions typically used. Nor is WWH or Worldbreaker.

What is default Hulk tho?

Gray Hulk has been in the Late 80s to Early 90s for around 6+ Years.

Professor/Merge Hulk been around Early 90s to Late 90s for like 6+ years.

Smart/Banner Hulk been around for 2+ years of Comics.

WWH/Planet Hulk been around for like 5 Years.

Then its been all Gravage Hulk from mid 2000s to current.

What is default Hulk? Savage? That guy is barely been around barely in the past 30 years.

#88 Posted by k4tzm4n (39341 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass said:

Just fyi, these are always current unless otherwise stated. So yeah, in this case, Hulk is a dumb brute ;)

Staff
#89 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@cadencev2 said:

@tacos_kickass said:

Just fyi, these are always current unless otherwise stated. So yeah, in this case, Hulk is a dumb brute ;)

And the most current Hulk got owned by a gorilla... lol

#90 Posted by JediXMan (32055 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@cadencev2 said:

@tacos_kickass said:

Figured as much.

I reiterate:

@jedixman said:

Arkillo took on Mongul without the rings.

I'm siding with Arkillo.

#91 Posted by Azura_Thena (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@cadencev2 said:

@tacos_kickass said:

What is default Hulk tho?

Gray Hulk has been in the Late 80s to Early 90s for around 6+ Years.

Professor/Merge Hulk been around Early 90s to Late 90s for like 6+ years.

Smart/Banner Hulk been around for 2+ years of Comics.

WWH/Planet Hulk been around for like 5 Years.

Then its been all Gravage Hulk from mid 2000s to current.

What is default Hulk? Savage? That guy is barely been around barely in the past 30 years.

At most, that is 27 years out of 51 years of publication history and that is being generous. What version filled the other 24 years? Because if it was Savage Hulk, that is far and away the default version.

#92 Posted by jashro44 (28618 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass said:

Current hulk is savage hulk. I don't recall any explanation for him reverting back to savage hulk but he is. He does have some bannertech all though that hasn't been explored much from what I recall.

#93 Posted by bladewolf (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact Arkillo has a ring means he wins. Pull Hulk into space, let him suffocate, win.

#94 Edited by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

The fact Arkillo has a ring means he wins. Pull Hulk into space, let him suffocate, win.

How would he know Hulk can't breathe in space? And why would a brute like Arkillo use such a cowardice tactic?

#95 Posted by Damren (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if Arkillo fought more like a Green Lantern, he might have a chance - but, as I recall, he seems to have a tendency to rely on brute force and that's not a good place to be when fighting the Hulk. As both are 'in character' I think the Hulk would win as Arkillo would likely underestimate the Hulk's sheer power. I also think it would likely be a quicker fight than most people think. And, if the Hulk is in 'smart character' (saying 'in character' with him is such an open question in & of itself) it's very likely the Hulk would wipe the floor with Arkillo. Ark's ring might even try to take the Hulk (due to his capacity to cause fear) before being crushed in his emerald grip.

#96 Posted by Pokergeist (23181 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@cadencev2 said:

@tacos_kickass said:

Figured as much.

What? When? I thought Marvel Now Hulk was Gravage with the brains and brawn as he was in his fight vs Zeus.

WTH!?

#97 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

How would he know Hulk can't breathe in space? And why would a brute like Arkillo use such a cowardice tactic?

Probing: The ring can probe the Lantern's or another person's mind, allowing him to uncover memories or the person's thoughts.

#98 Posted by danhimself (21226 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a tough call but I just don't see how Arkillo could win this...we've seen Arkillo fight without his ring before when he fought Mongul and Mongul beat him down and ripped out his tongue...I don't like using ABC logic but Mongul couldn't beat Hulk in a hand to hand fight and neither could Arkillo...the only advantage Arkillo has is his ring which would definitely hold Hulk back for a while but could it take him down? No

#99 Posted by bladewolf (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

Not cowardly. Arkillo does 90% of his fighting in space, so it's normal for him. He'd fight the Hulk on the ground, grab him with a yellow lasso, throw him as high as he could (i.e. into space) and plan to engage in fisticuffs there...only to see his foe had already expired. He'd probably still smash the corpse a few times for good measure, though.

#100 Posted by Vance Astro (89265 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladewolf said:

Not cowardly. Arkillo does 90% of his fighting in space, so it's normal for him. He'd fight the Hulk on the ground, grab him with a yellow lasso, throw him as high as he could (i.e. into space) and plan to engage in fisticuffs there...only to see his foe had already expired. He'd probably still smash the corpse a few times for good measure, though.

Fighting in space is normal for him but taking an earthbound character to space to fight him is not.