Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Arkillo vs. Hulk

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Arkillo vs. Hulk (462 votes)

Arkillo 35%
Hulk 63%
Too close to call 3%

Welcome to the third Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and they begin 50 feet apart.
  • Both characters have standard gear.
 • 
Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I think Hulk would win cause...

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk is probably stronger than Arkilo, but due to the versatility of the Ring I'd give it to Arkillo

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I'd dare say Arkillo even has the higher base strength.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Arkillo wins this one.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Very tough for me, I want to lean towards the Hulk but Arkillo's durability is undefined as of now (or so does his character page read) but I don't know on this one. I'm going to say Hulk wins, because although Arkillo is strong, Hulk is constantly growing stronger as he gets angrier.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By DonFelipe

Hulk gets stronger over time and the angrier he gets while the yellow power ring (like every ring) needs to be recharged at some point. Hulk smashes the yellow lantern in a long hard fight. Arkillo's best chance is to make use of the mind controlling power of the ring. However, I'd still give the green monster the edge.

halovsmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By halovsmarvel

@gunmetalgrey: Impossible. Arkillo has no feats of pure strength that outclass Hulk on his worst day

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By doombot890

if this was against a green lantern who's powers rely on will, I could see them losing badly. The Lantern with his arm outstretched willing constructs and projectiles at hulk who is just getting angrier and angrier smashing through each one till he gets to the poor sod and crushes his ring hand.

But since this is Akrillo...same story but it'd take longer to get to hulk crushing his ring hand.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This would be so cool against a red lantern! But in this case ill give it to Hulk.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkillo fosho.

But due to Hulk's popularity, he'll win. Not because he is more powerful but just more popular and well known.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dondave

Arkillo fosho.

But due to Hulk's popularity, he'll win. Not because he is more powerful but just more popular and well known.

This

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@halovsmarvel: You're either exaggerating or you haven't read enough Hulk. That's the problem with characters who've been around as long as Hulk has, they're littered with more than a handful of terribly low showings over the years.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I voted to close to call because I don't know that much about Yellow Lanterns never mind Arkillo and voting for Hulk without knowing his opponent would just be a popularity vote

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't know much of either character, so I'll hold off until I read arguments from both sides. Let the convincing begin!

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Arkillo would fly up high to make the hulk chase him by jumping, soon as hulk got close, Arkillo would blind him with constructs and fashion a temporary bubble and leave him in the vaccuum of space and watch him slowly die from lack of oxygen.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Arkillo fosho.

Yep.

Plus the ring i based on fear, there is something the hulk is scared of, Losing Betty.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sinestro_GL

Got a freakin' power ring!

Arkillo can make constructs like a mile away, or he can just blast Hulk with energy beams until Kingdom Come.

No contest!

But OF COUUUUUUUUUURSE Hulk will win because everybody loves the Hulk

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Hulk.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk will probably win due to popularity.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

RE: "Hulk wins just because he's more popular" posts

Instead of complaining about it, why not do something productive to support your character? PROVE why you think Arkillo wins. Share scans and win over potential voters. Complaining won't help his odds at all.

SuperSlayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If this were a fist fight, Hulk would win hands down. But the ring swings it totally in Arkillo's favor.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clemj

technically, the edge belongs to arkillo, you can fairly tell that hulk's strength is a bit over arkillo's, but the yellow power ring can crush the hulk.

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am by no stretch a huge fan of the Hulk but he has shown the ability to take a serious and prolonged beating by guys like Zeus without dying. He has traded blows with the likes of the Sentry and Juggs. I just don't know if Arkillo would be able to take Hulk out of the fight. Over time I think both Arkillo's body and ring would wear down and Hulk would kill him. On the other hand Arkillo might fling him into space and once in the void of space the Hulk's strength would have no mass to push against move around and Arkillo could dispose of him in a sun or something. Not really Arkillo's style though.

badgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are gonna bash each other out of their minds for hours until Arkillos power ring is out of juice, then Hulk SMASH!

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FlashDamn

Arkillo isn't in hulk's level of strength but he is definitely in his league.But Strength isn't the deciding factor here the deciding factor will certainly be Hulk/Bruce's fears cause even if hulk is not scared of anything Bruce is which is something arkillo will use to cause hulk to revert back to Bruce from sorrow if he Bruce remembers something sad or feels regret which has been shown before.In short even if Hulk is more powerful Arkillo's fear power would certainly render Hulk Defenseless.So ARKILLO

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@capfan80 said:

I am by no stretch a huge fan of the Hulk but he has shown the ability to take a serious and prolonged beating by guys like Zeus without dying. He has traded blows with the likes of the Sentry and Juggs. I just don't know if Arkillo would be able to take Hulk out of the fight. Over time I think both Arkillo's body and ring would wear down and Hulk would kill him. On the other hand Arkillo might fling him into space and once in the void of space the Hulk's strength would have no mass to push against move around and Arkillo could dispose of him in a sun or something. Not really Arkillo's style though.

I am pretty sure Zeus made it perfectly clear that Hulk would have died any time Zeus felt like killing him. It was not a very good showing for Hulk.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Hulk will win in the fight, but I agree it's not going to be easy.... I'd say 7/10 Hulk wins.

Can't believe people actually voted for Arkillo....

but again, these "vote-for-win" threads are no use, just depends on how popular are those characters.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

even if arkillo doesn't get too creative with constructs, he could still make himself some weapons and armor out of light, and put him above hulk. I think arkillo wins, mainly because of his ring, even i fhe has a tendency not to use it to full power. if this were sinestro, he could probaly dig deep down and pull out one of banner's fears, and sqush the cowering human, but i dont think that's the kind of fear arkillo instills.

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CaseyJustice

Now, I'm not sure, I'm gonna have to fact check on this...

But I'm REASONABLY certain that Hulk is Strongest There Is.

Furthermore, Madder Hulk Gets, Stronger Hulk Gets.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#33  Edited By Extremis

Being as objective as possible...

I think Hulk takes this. Barely though as this would be one hell of a fight. Arkillo could simply BFR, but judging on the character it's more within him to want to go toe to toe with hulk on land like he did with Wog before even thinking about BFR. He'd hang in for quite a bit, using constructs and what not but ultimately I don't think he'd expect the Hulk to be so durable; not for his strength to grow so significantly. I think by the time Arkillo realizes his strength is bested (which he wouldn't openly believe as he is a beast character) Hulk would be too angry, too strong and Arkillo's chances of removing Hulk in a construct become very very slim. Hulk could probably easily break such a construct at that point as not only for his increased rage and strength, but because Arkillo's power ring charge would surely be waning.

Hulk wins by a nose, and basically Arkillo's hubris, in a fight for the ages. If this was a more thought out lantern, this would be a completely different story as BFR would easily take this. Someone like Hal, Sinestro or Kilowog would pull this out. Ultimately though, that makes this a great battle choice!

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Arkillo isn't in hulk's level of strength but he is definitely in his league.But Strength isn't the deciding factor here the deciding factor will certainly be Hulk/Bruce's fears cause even if hulk is not scared of anything Bruce is which is something arkillo might use to cause hulk to revert back to Bruce from sorrow if he Bruce remembers something sad or feels regret which has been shown before.In short even if Hulk is more powerful Arkillo's fear power would certainly render Hulk Defenseless.So ARKILLO.Hope this does it.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kid Apollo

HULK wins imo. hes the strongest person in Marvel, he survives everything (including nuclear explosions and fallout), he isnt afraid of anything, in almost every. a good way to judge is by comparing their past opponents. Hulks fought Sentry, Juggernaut, Zeus, Hyperion, the Thing, etc and hasnt fallen to any of them. Sure Arkillo and the lanterns are strong, but i cant think of a rival his size that he actually won against, both Kilowog and Mogul won their respective fights

Drummer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Very good battle but i think Hulk would win. Stan Lee wanted to crate a character that more powerful than Hulk and said the only thing that could beat the Hulk was a god, so he created Thor.

Schmalzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If what is true about Akrillo not being the tactical threat that the other Lanterns are, Hulk could survive long enough til the Lanterns ring runs out and then Hulk goes to town. Would be a very tough battle until then.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hmm. I voted for Arkillo, however he'd probably try to kill Hulk. Which he wouldn't be able to do. So he'd spend time until his ring ran out. So... I voted wrong. I would prefer Arkillo to win though.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

Hulk.

Can't believe arkillo has so many votes!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Hmm. I voted for Arkillo, however he'd probably try to kill Hulk. Which he wouldn't be able to do. So he'd spend time until his ring ran out. So... I voted wrong. I would prefer Arkillo to win though.

Being knocked out or incapacitated counts as a loss in this feature.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@k4tzm4n: Oh. Then Arkillo definitely wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The New 52 seems to have weakened Arkillo slightly. The Hulk seems to have been amped in Marvel NOW! I'll go with Hulk. I mean,he is Indestructible...

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what are you talking about ? it was a great showing for hulk. while i agree that Zues could eat hulk , hulk wanted a fair hand to hand battle, Zues not only amped himself and didn't fight hulk hand to hand, but he also sapped hulks durability and strength.

I am sorry but I disagree. Hulk did nothing but get beat around like a pinata the entire time. You could no more say Batman's fight with Darkseid was a great showing. Hulk didn't want a fair fight. If I recall correctly, he wanted Zeus to kill him as a sacrifice for his friends and family. I am not sure why you would think Zeus amplifying his strength matters at all. Hulk still put up little fight and was literally getting murdered.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RalfvdH

Hulk, offcourse. Why? 'cause Hulk is Hulk. And Hulk smash big yellow lizard every day of the week....

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azura_thena said:

@theacidskull said:

what are you talking about ? it was a great showing for hulk. while i agree that Zues could eat hulk , hulk wanted a fair hand to hand battle, Zues not only amped himself and didn't fight hulk hand to hand, but he also sapped hulks durability and strength.

I am sorry but I disagree. Hulk did nothing but get beat around like a pinata the entire time. You could no more say Batman's fight with Darkseid was a great showing. Hulk didn't want a fair fight. If I recall correctly, he wanted Zeus to kill him as a sacrifice for his friends and family. I am not sure why you would think Zeus amplifying his strength matters at all. Hulk still put up little fight and was literally getting murdered.

It matters. Hulk wanted to die yes, and he knew Zues wouldn't play fair. and he didn't fight back on perpous, he could have done more but the conclusion would have been the same, no arguing that. It was a great showing because Zeus went back on his word, amped himself, and weakened hulk so he could win the fist fight, and and hulk took a beating and was still conscious and then we was tortuted for days while his healing factor was weakened.

Forgive my brass response but you are assuming much here in that you think Hulk could have done more. The fight seemed rather definitive in that Hulk not only lost but lost very badly. I see you acknowledge that he would have lost either way but to say he could have made it closer had he wanted to is the stretch based on what I guess is a personal investment in the character and there is no evidence to support the claim.

Zeus going back on his word does not make it a great showing for Hulk. It only shows a lack of character for Zeus, but it is Zeus so no real surprise there. I suppose if you are dead set on labeling this a great feat, you could make a case for his pain threshold but even then, it is hardly one of Hulk's better feats in that regard either.

Also, it has been some time since I read the issue. Perhaps you have scans of the fight that you would be willing to include in your next reply? I do not recall Zeus sapping Hulk's power, only the amplification.