Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Aquaman vs. Thing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Vine Battle of the Week VOTING: Aquaman vs. Thing (482 votes)

Aquaman 70%
Thing 26%
Too close to call 4%

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (this is New 52 Aquaman).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in our version of Manhattan (this way there's no Baxter Building for a potential advantage but both do indeed recognize where they are). It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 20 feet apart and visible in Times Square. This means the Hudson River is about 5 avenues over and the East River is a bit farther away.
  • Thing is unarmed and Arthur has his trident.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.
 • 
DangoJett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By DangoJett

Wasn't sure how Thing beat Namor in AVX (in water no less) but if he can do that then I'll take him over Aquaman.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#202  Edited By comicfan11

@dangojett: Problem is a) that fight was PIS and contradictory to Namor's powers b) Thing cannot do the same thing to AQ since at the very least AQ is much faster than Namor.

Also in that fight Namor tried to control some sort of huge fish and use it against Thing. He failed. AQ's telepathy is ridiculously higher than Namor's so no chance for that.

And finally did I mention this fight was PIS? Like Spider-man vs Firelord PIS?

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ground and pound

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11:

Furthermore unlike you I never defended DC's continuity concerning power levels (go ahead search the whole thread). They are like Marvel (so no need to mention specific examples of bad DC continuity, I already acknowledge them, unlike you when it comes to Marvel). Writers mess up all the time. That's the point. But to say you like Marvel because of the continuity, that's ridiculous. Also here's the fight between Tiger Shark (class 80-90) Namor villain vs normal human Punisher, in water. So much for Marvel not messing up again.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hear that? That's your entire ridiculous argument cracking, like Tiger Shark is choking against a normal human in water. To put it simply in the Marvel universe where you claimed continuity powerwise is so good, we have a normal human, fighting, surviving, outmuscling and KOing a class 80-90 character (who gets stronger underwater I believe) in water. Keep in mind this feat is so ridiculous that in a different forum, in the Punisher thread, this feat is mentioned BUT NOT POSTED DUE TO it being inconsistent with power levels. TS should oneshot Punisher. But again Marvel never messed up power levels as you claimed.

Yeah i agree here the writer mess up bad. I accept your point on continuity it goes for you even the editor agree to publish this shit? Ok those two are the same (Marvel & DC) the is no way Frank could own Todd Arliss you are right on this continuity debate and i was wrong.