• 76 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, this was ridiculously close! Every 'Comic Vine Battle of the Week' has had a pretty clear winner so far, but this week, one of the combatants barely edged out a victory. In fact, he only took the lead by 1% and that single percentage point was often shifting back and forth between them during the week. After five days of debate, more than 550 Viners cast their votes and in the end, the people have declared a winner. Taking 47% of the votes, Moon Knight defeats Red Hood!

Jason definitely gave him trouble before going down for the count, though. The DC character earned 46% of the votes and 7% thought it was too close to call -- and based on the verdict, I can't blame them for thinking such. That said, my vote went to Moon Knight. The two are fairly comparable in a lot of factors (physicals, skill), but ultimately, Moon Knight's pain tolerance should keep him in the game longer than his opponent. Additionally, while they're in a similar level of skill, I do think Marc Spector has better feats under this belt even though Jason receiving training from Batman and many more in The New 52 (including the All Caste and Lady Shiva). But at the end of the day, training doesn't mean everything if you don't have the showings to actually prove you're more talented than your foe. And in this case, I think Marc's showings against a plethora of characters can support giving him a slight edge in that regard.

Viner Argument of the Week for Moon Knight is by CitizenBane

"Moon Knight wins. Jason's skill resume is a bit lacking in comparison to people like Nightwing; he lost to Batman rather rapidly once Bruce took him seriously in the original pre-Flashpoint Under the Hood arc (appeared to have the upper hand in the new 52, but that was one panel and no details were provided so virtually anything could have happened before that), and lost to a blind, disoriented (and gassed, if I remember correctly) Nightwing.

Moon Knight's skill feats are better, and I'm ignoring that nonsense with Taskmaster here; even disregarding the fights while he had powers, he's done well against Deadpool, Swordsman, and as a high showing, against the useless Mac Gargan Venom. Neither of them have ever struck me as especially great marksmen along the lines of a Deadshot or Bullseye, but Spector has accuracy feats with his crescent darts that should match up well with the Hood's.

What really sells it for me is Spector's more impressive damage soak. He's been on the receiving end of several gruesome beatings and continued to fight while bleeding profusely from a half dozen different places. He'll outlast Todd, if nothing else."

Unfortunately, no one from the comic industry was able to chime in this week. However, my fellow Comic Vine staffers were more than happy to share their thoughts.

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring:

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME, GREGG?! My two favorite b-list heroes fighting it out?

For me, this all depends on what version of Moon Knight we're dealing with. Is the the original MK that pretended to be a cabby to keep his ear to the streets? Is it the mid-2000s MK that was incredibly insane? Or was it the most recent incarnation of MK that thought he was hanging out with the Avengers, but it was all in his head? After looking at the rules, you picked the pre-Bendis run of MK? The one where Marc Spector tries to talk to his god all the time? The one that had some insanely brutal fights? The one that... wait... didn't he die?

What we have here is two character with incredibly confusing histories. Red Hood has a good amount of training under his belt, as well as a few fights, but I'm going to give the slight edge to Moon Knight simply because the new 52 version of Red Hood is a bit more sane and a tad more tame. How do you stop a crazy person in battle, unless you're a psychiatrist?"

It's okay, you're still a winner to me, Jason.

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder:

"Red Hood VS Moon Knight is about as close to "too close to call" as I'm willing to get, and even though I MAY have voted that way (then again, I may not have), upon closer examination: I think Red Hood takes this one by MICROMETERS. Marc Spector, somewhat ironically, has the scion of Batman beat in the gadgets department. Todd has often eschewed the more fancy trappings of his mentor, preferring pistols and hand-to-hand blades (the occasional mini-gun not withstanding), but what Todd lacks in versatility, he makes up for in training and sheer, hellish determination.

Moon Knight, in the time period we're talking about, is at his most ruthless, but he's also wracked with guilt and a sense of remorse over going too far and haunted by visions from his god, meanwhile Jason has never been more determined and focused. And we're talking about someone who trained under both Batman AND the Talia al Ghul. Spector can throw out all the moon-shaped shurikens he likes, you think Jason doesn't have a million and one ways to counter those after years of working with the Bat?

It will be a pitched and vicious battle, don't get me wrong, but every time Spector hesitates, Todd will be there exploiting the moment. This definitely degenerates into an UGLY slugfest between the two, and in that situation I ultimately see Red Hood taking this with a non-lethal victory."

Last but most definitely not least, here's a tease for next week's battle! Check the homepage on Monday to see who they are!

LET THE GUESSING GAMES BEGIN!

Previous 'Comic Vine Battle of the Week' results

Want to suggest a battle? Feel free to comment below or send it to Gregg via Twitter.

Staff
#1 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot vs. someone I don't know

#2 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one seriously good shop job.

Deadshot vs Grifter?

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32223 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh is that a team battle?

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

man with wrist guns vs man with regular guns. you have liefeld's attention.

#5 Posted by nigravirum1 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it might be Deadshot vs. The Punisher is my guess.... and YES MOONKNIGHT FTW!

#6 Edited by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Deadshot vs Grifter?

Thank you. My Microsoft Paint skills are slowly improving.

Staff
#7 Posted by Lvenger (17914 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent, glad Moon Knight won. But I can't quite make out who the blacked out figures are.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22223 posts) - - Show Bio

so yeah I don't know much about Moon Knight but can someone explain what kind of training he's had?

#9 Posted by Lvenger (17914 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot vs Grifter?

It looks like a team battle. Now that you mention it, the first figure on the right does look like Grifter. I think the other one might be Midnighter.

#10 Posted by comicace3 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

Is next week a team battle?

#11 Posted by Saren (25241 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Deadshot and King Shark on the left.

#12 Posted by Psycho_Soldier (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot+King Shark VS Punisher+Deadpool (?)

#13 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2108 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the outcome.

#14 Posted by AlKusanagi (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Yeah, that's who I'd guess. No clue on the other two.

#15 Posted by Mezmero (896 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been impressed with how close this one came but I think the right dude won. I voted for Moon Knight because he will -eff up anyone if he feels like it. Moon Knight definitely embodies vengeance better than Jason Todd. Red Hood couldn't even avenge his own death because of the goodness instilled by Batman.

#16 Posted by ShadowX (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

The one on the right looks like fantomex to me. But i could be wrong. I have no idea of the one on the left.

#17 Edited by Theorder14 (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh Nightwing, why does it feels like the only times he owns his enemies is when he's fighting blind

#18 Posted by HushoftheWind (779 posts) - - Show Bio

wow Thunderbolts vs Secret Six, put me down for Secret Six if thats the case

#19 Posted by HushoftheWind (779 posts) - - Show Bio

On the Red HoodvsMoonKnight debate/battle, i always felt like Jason would a feeling of "Haven't i seen this before?" being that his former mentor is a superior version of Moon Knight(yeah, i said it. that's what make Moon Knight so fun, he's a reckless Batman).

#20 Posted by torzone (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Punisher vs Deadshot

#21 Edited by TobyGoodman (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Green Hornet and Katoonthe right?

#22 Posted by SpectrumBlur (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Next week, I'm guessing Suicide Squad vs. Thunderbolts.

#23 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot vs ???

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

Awsome picture

#25 Edited by DocLuthorVonDoom (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, so MK won by 1%? I think this is the closest one I've seen.

#26 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot & Catman vs Punisher & Bullseye?

#27 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6738 posts) - - Show Bio

Was out doing field training so I didn't get to vote on this one. Looks like it was a great matchup. I think I would've sided Moon Knight, otherwise too close to call.

#28 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5759 posts) - - Show Bio

That picture is badass

#29 Edited by Strider92 (16034 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I can't guess who the two on the right are and the one on the left (aside Deadshot ofc). Time to start thinking like K4tz!

Thats Deadshot so it stands to reason that whoever is teamed up with him has some kind of history. Now I can see a big gauntlet on the right and a small blade on the left. At first I thought it was Batman but that seemed to obvious.

I'm going to say thats Deadshot and Scandal from Secret Six

On the right I can see a guy holding what looks like a throwing knife and a guy with a pair of guns. the only guy I can deducted from that is Bullseye and if thats Bullseye then going by the team thing it must be someone he's worked with and who could give scandal a tussle.

I'm going to say its Bullseye and Nuke/Scourge from Thunderbolts.

#30 Posted by LordRequiem (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight would be a great Marvel movie.

#31 Edited by jwalser3 (4796 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!

#32 Edited by DJ1107 (243 posts) - - Show Bio

So next battle appears to be Suicide Squad vs Thunderbolts. Can we try to make it a tie since both teams just plain sucked

#33 Posted by Bull_iod (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that Batman / Moon Knight mix up image

#34 Posted by Joygirl (18168 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool vs. Punisher.

#35 Edited by dscythe (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see some moonie support...maybe he does have enough of an audience for a new series :p

#36 Posted by TDK_1997 (14452 posts) - - Show Bio

On the left there;s Deadshot and probably Batman or King Shark but on the right I have no idea.I can see a guy with guns and a mask,probably a hockey mask.

#37 Edited by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by JamDamage (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going Deadshot vs Punisher just beause the Punisher looking pic is a guy without a mask. It's not Grifter because this is DC vs Marvel. That said. It's another to close to call. Deadshot is the better shot, but Punishers hand to hand will be destroying Deadshot all day long. Wait.............we can't vot yet. What ever. I CAN'T BELIEVE MOON KNIGHT WON!!! I I figured Red Hood would win by popular vote. Good for Moon Knight. Glad he won. He deserves it.

#39 Posted by Thelightprince (24 posts) - - Show Bio

@slade_wilson: its impresive you found the exact image the silhouettes came from. iiiiiiimpressive.

#40 Posted by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Strider92 (16034 posts) - - Show Bio

@slade_wilson: Nice job at finding the images. (well I got 2 out of 4 right lol). Who's the guy with Bullseye?

#42 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4801 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: The other guy is Punisher I believe.

#43 Edited by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by ThatOneKidWhoLikesComics (58 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by arw1985 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

On the left, it looks like Deadshot and Catman. I don't know who that is on the right though.

#46 Posted by redhood21 (772 posts) - - Show Bio

MALARKY!

#47 Posted by Onemoreposter (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to side with Catman because the Secret Six version was awesome! Dude runs around with Lions, all other arguments are invalid.

#48 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Kinda figured it would go this way :)

#49 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoo! So happy MK won, and rightfully so, too.