• 84 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Claws, blades, bullets and grenades... no matter who's left standing, this is sure to be a bloodbath. This week, we placed the fan favorite ninja from G.I. Joe against the incredibly deadly X-23. As always, the community had five days to present an argument, read the debate and then cast a hopefully educated vote. Well, the results are in and it's large percentage of Comic Viners were in agreement. X-23 took a whopping 65% of the votes. Meanwhile, 31% voted for Snake Eyes and only 4% thought it was too close to call.

No Caption Provided

It's clear the community valued power over technique in this case. While Snake Eyes is indeed more talented than X-23 (not to discredit her own abilities, X-23 is quite skilled as well), her healing factor is a massive factor. She's kept fighting after a bullet to the head, remained conscious after a large explosion and has kept her head in the game while enduring numerous other kinds of attacks. It's reasonable to think Snake Eyes could land the first volley of hits, but it's totally logical to believe X-23 could take them and eventually dish out attacks of her own, too. And if those adamantium claws do indeed connect, it's sure to spell trouble for Snake Eyes. Additionally, her foot claw could serve as a rather big wild card and very unfortunate surprise for her enemy if used properly.

While I think that's a fairly accurate review of how the popular vote views this one, I'd give a veeeeeeeeeeery small edge of Snake Eyes. I believe his skill combined with his very impressive reflexes and speed would allow him to overcome Laura's healing factor and incapacitate her. It wouldn't be easy by any measure, but I think it could happen in due time. Regardless, I'm clearly part of the minority in this one! Let's see what everyone else has to say.

No Caption Provided

Viner Argument of the Week for X-23 is by TheAcidSkull

"This is a very close call, and if it weren't or some seriously important factors, I might have even chosen snake eyes, but in the end, I’ll give x-23 a slight edge.

Both of them are very skilled, and when I say very I do mean VERY. In terms of speed, I think snake eyes Is a bit faster than Laura, which will give snake eyes a slight advantage, and even that is debatable, but ultimately, it will be futile . See Laura is not only skilled, but she is also a living weapon, everything about her leads towards a killing machine, she has all the qualities of snake eyes( maybe some not as good), and an insane healing factor to go along with all of it.

And that’s where the line is drawn, while this fight will last for a LONG time, Laura won’t get tired, her healing factor will keep her going, and so will her pain tolerance. It might not seem much but this is an important factor that will ensure Laura’s victory. Keep in Mind that she has commented on wolverine healing factor, saying that he “Heals to Slow”. And while I think snake eyes is more experienced, Laura has fought many skilled people, wolverine being one (He did however hold back), Daken was another example, He even comments on her amazing skills, saying that she is indeed a superb assassin.

Also Snake eyes won’t be able to put her down, not only because of her healing factor, but also because she is very tolerant to pain, to the point where she rarely even notice’s it. She had her arm cut clean off with chainsaw and x-23 barely batted an eye, and then there was the incident with the bomb, where her skin was burnt off and she was still standing along with Daken.

She’s not sloppy with strategy either, she managed to observe lady deathstrikes and flat out own her, while pretending to be beaten during the battle.

Like I said, snake eyes is going to be a real pain, but in the end, while the battle of course will be glorious , x-23’s healing factor and amazing skills will earn her a definite win."

Robert Atkins, SNAKE EYES artist

"The established perimeters of the fight already play against Snake Eyes' strengths a bit. If they are in visual contact to begin with that makes it harder for Snake Eyes to utilize his stealth ninja training. Even with X-23's enhanced senses, I think Snake Eyes would be able to mask his scent enough to get the drop on her. As it stands, a full head to head battle, I think Snake Eyes draws the first blood. At 50 paces, while ninja trained, he is a commando and will use guns and grenades for distance weapons. He's as skilled at this as he is with a blade. So before the hand to hand fight starts, you have to realize X-23 is already riddled with bullets from Snake Eyes' UZI and possibly shrapnel from well placed grenades."

To give X-23 credit, she is incredibly tough and willing to fight through the pain as her body begins to heal rapidly. If Snake Eyes knows about her healing factor ahead of time, he'll know to keep going at her and inflicting as many wounds as possible to reduce her healing factor or negate it completely. We've

seen many times where Wolverine's healing is so taxed he can be defeated and unconscious. Remember this isn't necessarily a fight to the death. Incapacitation counts as a loss as well. I'm sure I'm more than a little biased, but Snake Eyes' training and fighting ability is unprecedented in the GI Joe universe. How that crosses over to he Marvel, he is on par with Shang Chi, Iron Fist, or DC Universe's Lady Shiva. So if you're comparing hand to hand abilities, Snake Eyes is more trained and experienced than X-23.

What X-23 has in her favor is the adamantium claws and healing factor. The longer this fight takes, the more it's in X-23's favor. But I think with the opening salvo of bullets and grenades to throw her off, and Snake Eyes' superior fighting ability and speed he would be able to incapacitate X-23 enough to with the initial battle. How quickly X-23 recovers is a determining factor for winning a fight to the death."

Marjorie Liu, X-23 writer

"Let's face it, my friends...X-23 is a superb warrior, a born killer, with a healing factor that can resurrect her, no matter the injury. Hand-to-hand, it would be a stalemate -- but what would tip the scales in her favor? What she lacks in finesse (which I'll give to Snake Eyes) she gains in sheer, awesome, raw, stubbornness. This is a girl who will NEVER give up, not when she's decided to finish (and win) a fight. She'll crawl to the ends of the earth -- right through hell -- to finish what she started, and that determination is something that Snake Eyes can't battle, no matter how many decades of experience he has. X-23 would eventually wear him out."

Arune Singh, Marvel's Director of Communications, Publishing & Digital Media

"I love Marvel and I love Wolverine—we’re both Canadian born after all—so I’m pre-disposed to love X-23. My wife used to cosplay as her. My dear friend Marjorie Liu wrote an incredible X-23 series.

But here’s the thing—Snake Eyes isn’t just the best at what he does…he’s the best, period.

X-23 can heal, she’s a killing machine, but Snake Eyes is a master ninja with decades of experience fighting everything from terrorists to Cthulu to even Transformers. He doesn’t have to heal because he won’t get touched. And if that fails, he has Timber as his secret weapon.”

Images taken from http://robertatkins.deviantart.com/
Images taken from http://robertatkins.deviantart.com/

Corey 'Undeadpool' Schroeder, Comic Vine Staffer

"I can't imagine a scenario that Snake-Eyes takes this one. The two of them are evenly matched in terms of their stealth capabilities, with the difference being that with Laura's heightened senses, Snake-Eyes is going to have a hard time catching her flat-footed. Her weapons also have the advantage of being impossible to separate her from, while Snake-Eyes can be disarmed or even have them broken. Sure, he's got guns and kunai, but unless those are going to kill or incapacitate quickly (they're not), X-23's healing factor takes care of them. Plus, unless her trigger scent is somewhere nearby, Laura actually has a keen tactical mind. Remember that when she first fought Wolverine, she was actually able to take him down by outsmarting him rather than outfighting him. X-23 wins handily whether they're sparring or playing for keeps."

Mat 'Inferiorego' Elfring, Comic Vine Staffer

"Let's see... an over-rated ninja versus female Wolverine. While Snake Eyes is without a doubt a cooler character with a much more interesting back story, X-23's powers may put her over the top. When I say "may" I mean it truly puts her over the top. Sure, she doesn't have that adamantium skeleton that her genetic father does, but her healing factor is strong. While it's true that Snake Eyes has had more training than X-23, X-23's powers are what give her a big edge. This isn't a curbstomp, by any means, but X-23 gets a big edge here. GIRL POWER! If only someone would photoshop X-23 with the Spice Girls, it would truly slam this point home. Girl power>Ninjas."

Sara 'Babs' Lima, Comic Vine Staffer

"SNAKE EYES!"

And finally, here's a tease for next week's battle! Be sure to check the homepage on Monday to see who they are!

No Caption Provided

Previous 'Comic Vine Battle of the Week' results

DylanOfEarth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Red hood? and someone else.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

I think that's Jason Todd/Red Hood on the right. not sure about the left

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hmmm definitely Red-Hood but dunno who the left one is.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Moon Knight vs Red hood?

(And Snake Eyes was robbed by popularity)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackcobalt: Yeah you're right it is Moon Knight I recognize the picture now.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon knight vs red hood. Should be intresting and i cant wait to see the arguments

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992
sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a more even fight if it is moon knight vs red hood

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SideburnGuru

Aw, it's Moon Knight? Would've been interesting if that was Taskmaster vs Red Hood. Good stuff though, should be some good debates.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I agree with Marjorie Liu.

Redhood and Moon Knight?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Red Hood. Possibly Moon Knight on the left. Really surprised at the level of bias for X23 over Snake. I would've gone with Snake for a majority due to his arsenal an skill alone. Robert Atkins summed it up.

Rich711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By Rich711

Hood vs Red Hood

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@shadowx said:

Moon knight vs red hood. Should be intresting and i cant wait to see the arguments

lol me too, this'll be interesting.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

Moon Knight vs Red Hood.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

moon knight vs red hood?

umm ok

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Exactly as I called it :)

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight vs Red hood?

(And Snake Eyes was robbed by popularity)

Hopefully.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yehp, it's Red Hood for sure

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Robert Atkins says that Snake Eyes is on Lady Shivas level??? I call bullshit.

Oh and Red Hood vs Moon Knight is a good one! My money is on Jason.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Red Hood. Possibly Moon Knight on the left. Really surprised at the level of bias for X23 over Snake. I would've gone with Snake for a majority due to his arsenal an skill alone. Robert Atkins summed it up.

I'm not so sure. Atkins sounded like Snake eyes would win IF he knew about X-23's healing factor in advance. I thought this was supposed to be a random encounter and the two know nothing about each other.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Moon knight vs Jason Todd... hmm may to research for the poll

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shocker!

But I hope Moon Knight wins next weeks fight.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By McHotcakes

Moon Knight? Please, that's obviously Darkwing Duck

No Caption Provided

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to go Red Hood vs the Hood just because I think that would be awesome. Dual Pistol vs Dual Pistol battle.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gee, X-23 won. As I thought. Seriously she had more than Fan Vote, alot of people are fans of Snake Eyes (As the writers and artist showed) as well others. Many people people felt X-23 would win thanks to having some superior powers. I do.

This next match looks like a real epic close one in the making.

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

I'm not so sure. Atkins sounded like Snake eyes would win IF he knew about X-23's healing factor in advance. I thought this was supposed to be a random encounter and the two know nothing about each other.

Atkins also had them 50 paces apart, not 50 ft apart as it actually was in the challenge. BIG difference when he's referencing Snake Eyes' ability with distance weapons (NFL athletes can cover 50 ft in under 2 seconds, X-23 would be much faster). And I don't buy this at all: "Even with X-23's enhanced senses, I think Snake Eyes would be able to mask his scent enough to get the drop on her." Eh, no.

No big deal, really. No reason the man should be an expert on ComicVine battles or mutant abilities.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Would have voted for Snake Eyes.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sentryman555

@kerrigan: Definitely true. It's not a big deal. I've just been finding it irksome how everytime a person wins these battles someone has to say that character only won cause they're popular. I get sometimes its true but not nearly as much as people make it seem to be.

Crazy_Wilhelm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Snake Eyes is Iron Fist, Shang Chi, or Lady Shiva level; that comment kinda bothered me; they're masters of combat in worlds of demigods. I'm skeptical.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By queenfrost_

Why did I laugh out loud at Sara's argument for snake eyes

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like Moon Knight vs Red Hood. I think Red Hood is going to take this by popularity. I'll vote to close to call. If Bendis can't keep an outstanding Moon Knight title going with Alex Maleev on the art, but Red Hoods shitty shitty book can keep going who the hell do you think is going to win. I loved the last Moon Knight title too. So fresh. Oh well.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Its too closd to call! Corey made a good point about x23 breaking snake eyes blades, but robert makes a good point about using long distance weapons before x23 can even get close....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sentryman555: it is but Snake is a tactical genius, Snake definitely takes first blood and after that he would be able to pick up in the healing factor pretty fast.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamdamage: have you read Red Hood and the Outlaws recently? It was bad at the beginning but it has improved over time.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how Snake Eyes is Iron Fist, Shang Chi, or Lady Shiva level; that comment kinda bothered me; they're masters of combat in worlds of demigods. I'm skeptical.

What do demigods have to do with anything? Most demigods or even gods are much less skilled than those people mentioned. Heck the only people that I could think of as gods that might be more so are the people of K'un-L'un or the other cities of Heaven and even then I'm not sure they're Lady Shiva skilled. Also let me point out that Snake Eyes is pretty skilled. I'd never go Shiva or Iron Fist skilled, but I'd say easily at least good enough to give some of the best street levelers a fight in DC or Marvel.

As for the battle, I'm not really surprised. Honestly I'm not sure what my vote would be, Snake Eyes is a beast and while not everyone agrees I think he gets down played a good bit here by some folks. Even so X is smart, fast, she heals, has more stamina, and as was pointed out the foot claw is almost always a surprise and it's one she has always know how to take advantage of.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

Jason and moonlight hmm. Tough one.

I cant agree with Greg because , hes under estimated . X23 training a bit

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to pay attention to these. I think Snake Decapitates her. And as for pain factor? Snake Eyes Charlie Miked (continued a mission for the uninitiated) after an explosion burned off his face. No healing factor, just plain stubborn. Yeah, he takes it I think.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight vs Red hood...

hmmm......Moon Knight should take this, but, meh, Red Hood has more popularity, people would just vote for him for no f**king reason....

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ChillinNKillin

@risingbean said:

I need to pay attention to these. I think Snake Decapitates her. And as for pain factor? Snake Eyes Charlie Miked (continued a mission for the uninitiated) after an explosion burned off his face. No healing factor, just plain stubborn. Yeah, he takes it I think.

Yeah...X-23 has healed instantly from being bisected, has had her arm sawed off and been blown up by bombs and each time responded as if she taking a nice stroll in a park.

X-23 wins in this category.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw damn it. I missed the voting thread for this one. Oh well, I would have voted for X-23 anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Still, don't want to miss out on a chance to support Moon Knight so I better pay closer attention next week!

Thanks to Gregg for making these. They are always fun! :)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46 Lunacyde  Moderator

For everyone doubting Robert Atkins claim of Snake-eyes skill, what is your proof that he isn't? Chuck Dixon who has written Batman and Snake-eyes says they are equal in martial arts skill. Larry Hama, who created the character has made it clear that Snake-eyes is to be considered a master martial arts practitioner on par with the type of characters Robert mentioned. What we have here is a bunch of people who assume that just because he's not in marvel or dc he can't hack it. There's no proof to support this claim. There is a ton of proof to put him in level with characters like Batman and lady shiva

halovsmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By halovsmarvel

People should be ashamed of themselves for voting for X-23 without doing some background checking before voting. Snake Eyes should win. Its not a matter of opinion. IT'S FACT!!!!!

Foxdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If snake eyes can cut her limbs off, then he's got a hell of a chance to win. I'm a die hard X-23 fan but I ain't gonna count Snake short of a victory on this one.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I think people's comments about Snake-Eyes skill is interesting. I find for most he's popular on looks and the old cartoon show, but when it comes to his actual skills most don't know much. As Lunacyde said a shared author (i.e. wrote Batman and Snake-Eyes) claimed their skill is equal. Unfortunately in the world of comics, hyperbole must be taken as truth (especially when its the writer's claiming things). Anyway, I believe popularity won out, and like Katzman I still hold the idea that Snake-Eyes would win,although it would be a very slim majority. I take nothing from Laura's skills and powers, she is an animal of a warrior by all accounts.

As for next week, I think it'll be a very interesting one. I don't remember too much on Moon Knight (I know he's good, but can't recall how good) so I'll need to do some research and read some arguments before voting. At a glance it seems too close to call though.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice battle.