• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Comic Vine Battle of the Week: Daredevil vs. Nightwing (506 votes)

Daredevil 52%
Nightwing 42%
Stalemate 5%

Welcome to the first Comic Vine Battle of the Week! Who do you honestly think would win if these two characters faced off?

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules:

• Combatants will be in character.
  • This is a totally random encounter. This means neither character has knowledge on the other in this case.
  • They're fighting in a traditional downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night.
  • Even if they're both heroes, this won't be a match that ends in talking. Both have the objective to defeat the other character.
#101 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3324 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving this to DD 7/10 due to his radar sense and although I think they are just about even in agility DD IMO is the better h2h combatant.

#102 Edited by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_money_christmas:

umm yes. if you look at marvels official rankings DD is only a 2 in speed. that is not very fast at all. while I could not find anything official for Graysons speed, I would like to note that on the guide Dare Devil is listed at an Olympic level in acrobatics, while Dick Grayson is officially regarded as the best in the entire world. bullets are nothing for Nightwing he has proven to be able to dodge Superman's heat vision. as we all know lasers are faster than bullets, i doubt you can dodge something that fast will only a level 2 speed

http://marvel.wikia.com/Matthew_Murdock_(Earth-616) <----- check the official scale

@floopay @ferro_vida <--- this should also settle your dispute, Grayson is fast enough to dodge something faster than bullets i.e. lasers. this is not the only scan i have of Nightwing doing this by the way

#103 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33885 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb: power rankings are faulty at best, how good a character is should be determined by feats not in some manual I'v seen official manuals that say Wolverine is a world class computer hacker.

#104 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb said:

@g_money_christmas:

umm yes. if you look at marvels official rankings DD is only a 2 in speed. that is not very fast at all. while I could not find anything official for Graysons speed, I would like to note that on the guide Dare Devil is listed at an Olympic level in acrobatics, while Dick Grayson is officially regarded as the best in the entire world. bullets are nothing for Nightwing he has proven to be able to dodge Superman's heat vision. as we all know lasers are faster than bullets, i doubt you can dodge something that fast will only a level 2 speed

http://marvel.wikia.com/Matthew_Murdock_(Earth-616) <----- check the official scale

Lasers? What you are trying to suggest is that Nightwing reacts at light speed? I... disagree to say the least.

#105 Edited by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena:

its hard to argue something that is a direct feat. am i saying he moves at light speed, no. However it shows his extreme speed in being able to get out of the way. so he is indeed capable of dodging extremely fast attacks. can he dodge lasers 100% of the time, maybe or maybe not but he has done it before. you also cant take actual physics into account when discussing comic books because grayson has been shown holding up a 1000lbs in debris, something that is certainly not possible for a regular human regardless of athletic level

#106 Edited by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

this is why i really dislike these debates

if something is not official than others say it doesnt count because its not official,

if you give something official, the official source is flawed.

if you post a scan, it is always either claimed to be either out of context, something that cant be repeated, or they find one miinute detail to try and debunk it

there is really no way to win.

#107 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@ferro_vida said:

@reignmaker said:

Until Nightwing is treated like a tier one hero in his own universe, he'll never be a serious contender in voting contests like these. Daredevil wins.

Read more about it here.

That's not the reason that Nightwing loses. Nice plug, though.

It is the reason he doesn't get enough votes, which is what I was commenting on. Whether he'd actually win or not is what you commented on.

My money is still on DD, but once again, you have one character that's been handled by great writers and given great villains, and another that's been typically regulated to sloppy seconds. If you don't think these things raise a character's stature when it comes to conversations like this, I'd like to introduce you to a mere mortal man who goes by the name of Bruce Wayne.

#108 Posted by Mr_Tedward (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing Hands down

1. One of the DCu's finest hand to hand fighters

2.Trained by batman so he's A tactical genius

3. Impeccable ability to read body language (Would pick up on DD's blindness and abilities very quickly)

4.Amazing acrobatic skills

5.Gadgets out the Wazoo

#109 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb said:

@azura_thena:

its hard to argue something that is a direct feat. am i saying he moves at light speed, no. However it shows his extreme speed in being able to get out of the way. so he is indeed capable of dodging extremely fast attacks. can he dodge lasers 100% of the time, maybe or maybe not but he has done it before. you also cant take actual physics into account when discussing comic books because grayson has been shown holding up a 1000lbs in debris, something that is certainly not possible for a regular human regardless of athletic level

There are two possibilities here for the feat you listed with the assumptions you have made on the speed of the heat vision. Either Nightwing can react at light speed, or he was able to anticipate where the heat vision was going to be fired and moved out of the way beforehand. In either case, it is not a very good display of his speed because one makes the feat very clearly PIS and the other is not beyond the skill of any street leveler.

As far as real world physics are concerned... I never brought up physics, so I apologize but I don't understand why you are here.

#110 Posted by PetePeteOC (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, too many weapons ion his zelda-like bag(belt) of tricks. (and he can see)

Either way, i'd pay to see these two fictional characters fight it out. It's probably be a good tactical matchup. Not just smash and smash. A good artist could do wonders with this.

#111 Edited by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena:

you have to consider one of two things either Nightwing can dodge lasers or he cant. you can whine all you want about how you disagree but the fact is that i have already posted twice on his ability to dodge lasers. second why are you here if you do not read the posts and see the 5-6 long posts argument of wither or not Nightwing can dodge bullets.so by posting two clear examples of him dodging lasers (since lasers are faster than bullets) i believe that argument has been settled. go ahead and disagree or make up some whiny excuse why you wont accept it but either way look at the damn scans and i proved it twice.

second how is that not a good display of speed? are you telling me that a normal person can calculate in their head where something like a laser is going to be and then get out of the way? honestly out of all the villains superman has fought, how many have you seen dodge his heat vision? when someone fires a laser at you with the intent to kill you must be very fast to get out of the way

#112 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. This is a random encounter, so Nightwing has no proof Daredevil is using radar sense.

#113 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7336 posts) - - Show Bio

DOUBLE D

#114 Posted by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb said:

@azura_thena:

you have to consider one of two things either Nightwing can dodge lasers or he cant. you can whine all you want about how you disagree but the fact is that i have already posted twice on his ability to dodge lasers. second why are you here if you do not read the posts and see the 5-6 long posts argument of wither or not Nightwing can dodge bullets.so by posting two clear examples of him dodging lasers (since lasers are faster than bullets) i believe that argument has been settled. go ahead and disagree or make up some whiny excuse why you wont accept it but either way look at the damn scans and i proved it twice.

second how is that not a good display of speed? are you telling me that a normal person can calculate in their head where something like a laser is going to be and then get out of the way? honestly out of all the villains superman has fought, how many have you seen dodge his heat vision? when someone fires a laser at you with the intent to kill you must be very fast to get out of the way

But the problem is that you have not been able to prove that he was actually dodging lasers. You merely showed that lasers did not hit him when fired upon him. Why that happened is what is in question. I am willing to accept that Nightwing can move at lightspeed once proof can be established that he is a meta. Until then, either the "lasers" are not actual lasers and thus the feat is invalid due to lack of an ability to measure their speed, or he anticipated the lasers before they were fired and the feat is decidedly unimpressive.

I am not interested in the bullet discussion, I am sorry if that offends you but I am just not interested in debating something that is not relevant to the topic. No bullets are here and Daredevil is able to dodge them too, so even if Nightwing can dodge bullets, it provides him no advantage.

I am telling you that a typical street leveler usually has a library of dodging feats when said street leveler doesn't have a healing factor or gadgets/powers that make the need for dodging feats moot. Lasers are not necessarily typical but then again, no one tries to make the claim that said street leveler has light speed reaction time.

If the heat vision moves at light speed, you are going to have to provide proof that Nightwing is a meta for the feat to have any validity. I apologize if this upsets you but your claim is that a human can move at light speed and I am not prepared to accept that on what you have provided.

#115 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil hands down. I'm sorry but the Kingpin of Hell's Kitchen outclasses Nightwing in nearly every way.

#116 Posted by Doctor_Whovian (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely, it's Daredevil. I'm a big fan of Nightwing, but he just couldn't pull it off.

#117 Edited by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil's Advantages

• Superior reflexes due to heightened senses. He'll be able to 'sense' his opponents moves as soon as they initiate them. If Dick tries to use his wingdings, grapple gun, etc., then Murdock should be able to dodge them.
  • He's blind, so smoke screen pellets won't effect his performance and neither will Nightwing's flashy movement style.
  • Has much better strength feats than Dick has. He can regularly go toe-to-toe with Kingpin in a fist fight and has lifted olympic bars (with weights added) pretty easily.
  • Would not hold back as much as Dick will. Daredevil typically is shown to be pretty ruthless even against common criminals. Nightwing is known to talk to criminals while toying with them. Matt can exploit this to get around Dick's nearly superhuman agility.

Nightwing's Advantages

• His escrima sticks discharge electricity to the point where he doesn't have to make physical contact with opponents to shock them. This is a work-around to compensate for Daredevil's near-superman agility.
  • His suit is armed with a 150k volt taser, which can be used when if the fight resorts to wrestling... and Daredevil's costume isn't insulated.
  • His suit is strong enough to withstand direct hits from CPD's assault rifles, so Matt's billy clubs won't exactly stun him unless if he gets struck in the head. Considering how Nightwing is arguably the most agile human being in the DC Universe, it would take an insane amount of skill (or a really good distraction) to land a hit on him.
  • Sonar-emitting technology. While he won't know off the bat that Matt is blind, Dick has used this tech against opponents who can see perfectly fine (two occasions alone in the New 52). If he finds himself in a clinch, who's to say that Dick won't just turn it on and send Matt into fetal position.

I don't think it'll be a stomp in either direction. I love both of these heroes since I grew up watching/reading their adventures. Nightwing is my favorite DC character, and Daredevil is a close second place character in the Marvel universe (Spider-man takes first). I don't think that one character is faster or more agile than the other, so I didn't list either trait as an advantage. While Nightwing is proficient at reading body language (helps him as a proactive fighter), Daredevil is equally skilled at detecting body movement (helps him as a reactive fighter). Since this fight includes gear, I believe that Nightwing will take a vast majority of victories here. You can try to explain to me how Daredevil will try to beat him, and I will easily throw up a counter tactic from Nightwing's standard arsenal. With that being said, had this fight specified that this was without gear, then I would vote that Daredevil would take a large majority over Nightwing.

One uncertain factor that I've refrained from mentioning is knockout gas. Daredevil doesn't typically carry a mask for this kind of thing so it makes sense. However, I can't think of a single moment when Nightwing used knockout gas, at least off the top of my head. I know Batman uses it frequently so it may seem logical to assume that his finest student would follow suit. Yet, without evidence, I can't say for sure that this falls within Nightwing's standard gear. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

#118 Posted by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@azura_thena:

its always something. I hate these ridiculous arguments. lets break is down this way. Amazo has Green Arrows accuracy, the Flash's speed and a host of other powers but still did not manage to hit Nightwing multiple times. it never stops " those aren't real lasers" " can you prove he did not just miss" " can you show me the actual clocked speed or Superman's heat vision?" let me put it this way in the official stats list DareDevil's speed at (2/5) which is not very fast, Grayson is known as the best acrobat in the world and has more agility than batman. there is no way batman has anything less than a 2 and grayson has always been considered more agile so even if that is a 2.1 grayson has the advantage in speed.

#119 Posted by Havenless (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Daredevil is right in between Nightwing and Batman. Daredevil is a superior combatant to both (mostly due to his supernatural elements), but he can't compare to Bruce's toys and intelligence. Nightwing has those too, but not at Batman's level. He falls to Mr. Murdock.

#120 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I wholeheartedly agree that Nightwing's laser-dodging feat should be counted, but it doesn't mean he's superior to Daredevil in the agility department. Matt has made Bullseye (probably the most accurate projectile-user in Marvel) look like a punk on multiple occasions by making him miss. Both characters have been shown to face down gangs wielding automatic weapons, and not get hit by a single bullet. You really can't say for sure that one is better than the other in regards to speed or agility.

#121 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing would win! He could wipe the floor with Murdock!

#122 Edited by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

what items does nightwing regularly carry on him? all i ever see him use is that staff/stick things whose name i forget. since this is a no prep fight i guess it means just what he carries on the regular

#123 Edited by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Great fight but I will go with Nightwing.

#124 Posted by Nightwing4 (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I would argue that DD wins the first battle and possibly second out of ten. Essentially, DD has the edge until Dick figures out that he relies on Radar Sense. After that, Nightwing doesn't lose again. It's a MASSIVELY exploitable weakness, and multiple members of the bat-family have been shown to carry sonic devices around in their arsenals regularly. I'd say Nightwing 6/10 or 7/10. Deducing weaknesses is what Dick and Bruce do.

#125 Edited by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil wins with experience and I think he's a bit more ruthless than Dick.

Dick is every bit as malicious as Daredevil. He sells this side of himself short but he's willing to cross the line. Care to wager?

#126 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing. Daredevil is too borderline self destructive and unstable. Nightwing always keeps himself together no matter the damage. Also, I like him more.

#127 Edited by Azura_Thena (139 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb said:

@azura_thena:

its always something. I hate these ridiculous arguments. lets break is down this way. Amazo has Green Arrows accuracy, the Flash's speed and a host of other powers but still did not manage to hit Nightwing multiple times. it never stops " those aren't real lasers" " can you prove he did not just miss" " can you show me the actual clocked speed or Superman's heat vision?" let me put it this way in the official stats list DareDevil's speed at (2/5) which is not very fast, Grayson is known as the best acrobat in the world and has more agility than batman. there is no way batman has anything less than a 2 and grayson has always been considered more agile so even if that is a 2.1 grayson has the advantage in speed.

I don't think it is a ridiculous argument to question your claim that Nightwing moves at light speed. It just doesn't follow that a human sans any meta abilities would be that fast. Cassandra Cain is nowhere near light speed and Nightwing isn't even as fast as her.

The problem is that Daredevil pushed the limits of his handbook stats but nowhere is anyone trying to imply that Daredevil is a light speedster. I am perfectly happy accepting that Nightwing dodged the lasers from Amazo. I am not willing to accept that he used meta speed to do it however, and the very best evidence you can provide does not prove that he can. It is, in my opinion, a radical misinterpretation on your part.

Nightwing is actually stated to be the best human acrobat in the DC universe, that was never in question so I am at a loss as to why you think it is valid in this discussion. However, I have yet to see him accomplish anything that Daredevil has not or could not do. What you have posted so far appears to be nothing more than anticipation to me and the evidence does not suggest otherwise. Bullseye has feats that eclipse Green Arrow and Daredevil manages to avoid getting hit more often than not. Does this mean that Daredevil is a light speedser? Hardly.

#128 Edited by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd consider DD at very near Batman's level of fighting skill, experience and physicality with the ability to take it up a notch in brutality if necessary.

Nightwing was trained by Batsy and has at times showed that he may not be as strong as him, but he is a bit quicker and very near his equal in sizing an opponent up so he may discover that DD is using his hypersenses and figure out how to neutralize them if the fight goes a bit longer..

For me this would be a close one and through the input of variables into my random encounter generator (ie. my brain :D ), DD would have a slight advantage of about 6 wins out of 10 fights.

This!

#129 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

what items does nightwing regularly carry on him? all i ever see him use is that staff/stick things whose name i forget. since this is a no prep fight i guess it means just what he carries on the regular

As an avid Nightwing reader, I can tell you that his current standard gear includes:

• Wingdings (essentially shuriken tailored towards his theme)
  • Grapple gun (similar, if not identical, to Batman's)
  • Escrima sticks (now able to discharge electricity strong enough to incapacitate multiple opponents simultaneously)
  • Handcuffs
  • Bolas
  • Gas mask

Those are items independent from his suit. He would actually have to take them out of... whatever hidden space he keeps them in (gloves, belt, boots, pockets, other places we shouldn't know about?) prior to using them in a fight. In a fight against someone as fast as Daredevil, the only tools list above that would actually prove useful would be his escrima sticks given that they are his default combat weapons. That, and the electrical discharges might prove too much for even Matt's agility. Wingdings and bolas are way too slow to catch Daredevil, and I'm almost certain that he can break free from handcuffs. Gas mask is useless in this fight unless if Dick carries knockout gas pellets, which have not been seen in the New 52 as of yet so we can't say that he carries it as standard gear. The grapple gun is actually pretty good since Dick's managed to harpoon opponents as they were falling. I'm assuming it travels much quicker than the wingdings and bolas.

Here's a list of what we currently know about Nightwing's New 52 suit and what it brings to this fight:

• Strong enough to take two direct shots in the back from CPD assault rifles, allowing Dick to get back up within the next panel. He claims its composition is more advanced than Kevlar... but Higgins didn't disclose the material's name itself. For now, we assume it's comic book science since he can still do acrobatic feats such as dodging machine guns, taser-whips, etc.
  • Insulation from electricity.
  • Nomex protects it from being burned.
  • Is wired with a 150,000-volt taser that can be discharged through his hands upon contact.
  • Gauntlets and boots appear to be armored, but this is judged solely on the artistic design. There are no feats to reinforce this notion as of yet.
  • Left gauntlet fires a sonic device that emits a pitch powerful enough to stun everyone inside of Gotham's clock tower.
  • Ear dampeners that protect him from sonic weaponry such as the one he carries. Should be noted that said dampeners were not sufficient enough to fully protect Dick from his own sonic device since he was obviously in a state of pain (although, he was capable of fighting).
  • Right gauntlet fires up to three explosive devices (each about the size of a coin) at once which are powerful enough to destroy the giant clock from said tower. Should be noted that the explosion somehow demolished the structure to the point where it took the form of dust as it fell onto the populace below. Again, this is probably comic book science.
  • His mask acts as a computer that feeds him information and analyzes it. It sends and receives radio signals, and capable of matching the same frequencies as the signals emitted from psychics in order to send them painful feedback. I would say that last part is comic book science, but I have no clue how a psionic mind operates in a real world scenario. Anyway, based on the most recent issue (#20), his mask can be hacked and shut down.

I personally believe that Nightwing's suit will be more helpful in this fight than the equipment from the first list. The time it takes to use his suit's weaponry is much faster, and therefore, could stand a chance against Daredevil's superhuman senses. Sonics are an obvious exploit of Matt's sensitivity to sound. While the explosives may be a hit of miss, real world science dictates that an explosion of that magnitude should be loud enough to damage a human being's ear drums (possibly permanently). Therefore, both weapons from Dick's gauntlets can be used to exploit Matt's weakness in a 1 vs. 1 fight. The taser is really a circumstantial weapon. He needs to actually make contact with, and hold onto, Daredevil in order for it to hurt him. The only plausible scenario for Dick to grab hold of him in this fight would be for them to be wrestling. They'd both need to lose their sticks, realize that their punches and kicks won't connect, then resort to the ground game.

Well, I just had to re-read Nightwing #1-20 in order to write this post. Again, I'm assuming this is only his New 52 incarnation, so anything shown from his previous ongoing was excluded from this post. I know you only asked about his equipment, but if you (or anyone here) is interested in checking out his capabilities as a character, feel free to visit this website that's dedicated to them:

http://nightwingfeats.blogspot.com/

In order to make a fair judgement for this battle, you should also check out Matt Murdock's feats to compare them against Grayon's:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingAvengerMarvel/news/?a=50676

Both superheroes are in my Top 10 list, and if anything can be taken away from this match-up, it should be knowledge on both of them. I hope this post helped you out!

#130 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake said:

Daredevil wins with experience and I think he's a bit more ruthless than Dick.

Dick is every bit as malicious as Daredevil. He sells this side of himself short but he's willing to cross the line. Care to wager?

True. The image to my left is Nightwing shooting Cheshire in the arm. Some of us may remember Nightwing threatening to drown a group of super-gorillas in order to stop Gorilla Grodd.

What about when this happened? ("Batman and Robin #3")

Dick Grayson's ruthless as they come.

#131 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a nightwing fanboy so i am a little biased.
But Dick is fast and intelligent he has a natural gift for reading motion so he would understand that DD is blind.
His equipment is better and he is a decent fighter and tactician.
I would give this to NW 6 to 10.
i think the equipment makes a difference.

#132 Edited by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing's Super Agility + Gadgets = Daredevil's Demise.

#133 Edited by Teerack (7055 posts) - - Show Bio

DD all the way. I don't even see this as being much of a contest.

They fight basically the same except DD has a superpower that allows him to jump around and throw his sticks with 100x more efficiently.

#134 Edited by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing would easily figure out that DD is blind and is using heightened senses, he reads body language. Daredevil's a beast, but he's know Nightwing. A better matchup in my opinion would be Red Hood vs Daredevil.

#135 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil but it would be a very close fight.

#136 Edited by DougCL (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, in these circumstances its gonna be Daredevil. They are pretty evenly matched physically, and have a pretty similar fighting style, so if these guys had no gear it would probably come out fairly even, if slightly in Dick's favor. thing is though, if this is their first encounter Nightwing would have no way to know to bring out Sonic weapons and one fight simply is not long enough to identify Matt's specific power-set. Especially because there have been people who have known Daredevil for years and still hadnt figured it out. people are talking about how is speed is much less, but DD pretty consistantly punks Bullseye, a man who supposedly never misses, so he can easily compensate the difference in raw speed with his enhanced senses. I also think that in a fight with two acrobatic guys the grappling hook, crook, and throwability of DD's billy clubs would outweigh the shock capability of the escrima sticks. You need to remember that the billy clubs are perfectly engineered and balanced, and can be thrown and bounced with a speed and accuracy probably greater that Cap's shield. DD could control space better with his weapon, and his radar sense would handily nullify any sealth and misdirection training Nightwing would have gotten from Batman. So again, Daredevil takes this fight.

#137 Posted by That60sGuy (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

Daredevil could win with his eyes closed!

HAR!

#138 Edited by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing wins read nightwing 19 and 20. His suit can take big bullets. He can fight blind. He can read peoples body's. Hed know DD is blind. He has better tech. Which include sonics.

#139 Edited by jashro44 (22788 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb said:

@azura_thena:

That was an amazo prototype IIRC. Batman managed to kill it with a bomb. I highly doubt it had the full powers of the league otherwise that wouldn't have happened.

Heres how it was defeated.

Fair to say it wasn't as powerful as the real amazo and didn't have flashes speed or green arrows accuracy. And the marvel grid also ranks people like quicksilver so obviously daredevil wont rank high on the grid.

#140 Posted by jashro44 (22788 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

You know, as nice as the Radar sense is, Nightwing does have his own advantage in senses. That is, he has vision.

I know it's great and all that Daredevil has the sonar thing going for him, and he's bested a list of opponents with vision I don't even care to start naming. But at the end of the day being blind is as much a disadvantage as an advantage.

Speed, and skill probably side with Daredevil. I won't deny that. But at best I would put him at a slight advantage in those categories. But at the end of the day I'd side with Nightwing's vastly superior versatility over any small advantage anywhere else. Even if he doesn't know Daredevil is blind he still has a list of gadgets that could give him the win.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I know that people all ready responded to this but I just want to say there is more to radar sense then just knowing his surroundings. It is also a warning sense. His radar sense will allow him to sense the trajectory of nightwings punch basically. Personally I think daredevils edge in speed and skill is a bit more then slight to be honest. Honestly with the gadgets nightwing uses in character I see no reason daredevil can't either dodge his shurikens (he has faced more formidable marksmen) and why he can't win in melee. Which is honestly the main gadgets that nightwing tends to use. I rarely see him use his more advanced stuff when he fights a notable martial artist.

#141 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: DD is a bullet timer IIRC, NW is just an aim dodger

#142 Posted by detective38 (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@reignmaker: a whole lot of DDs villians were "sloppy seconds" from spiderman especially silver age. just sayin

#143 Posted by jashro44 (22788 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

@jashro44: DD is a bullet timer IIRC, NW is just an aim dodger

To be fair nightwing has reacted to bullets after they are fired in the past. There is a scan in this thread of him dodging a sniper bullet after it has been fired and there is another set of scans of him perceiving bullets and using firefly as a shield. So I would say nightwing has bullet level perception.

All though I do agree daredevils reactions and reflexes are better then nightwings by a pretty good sized amount. Its not even a contest.

#144 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@detective38: NW also had villains who are batman's leftovers

@jashro44:

Dodging and deflecting are two different things, there are also scans here of DD deflecting bullets after they are fired with his billy club.

#145 Edited by jashro44 (22788 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Oh I agree with that. Daredevil has a lot of bullet deflecting feats where as I can't find a single one for nightwing.....

#146 Posted by comicace3 (5982 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh dang it's a random encounter... DD should win . Unless Nightwing has knowledge of his superpowers and has prep. But yeah it should go to DD 6-7/10 times

#147 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: here is a DD respect thread from 2010 that links to comicvine, in my opinion nightwing loses because he did not armor his head. Sure his suit is augmented, but his forehead is human (being human is a disablilty) when concerning supers. DD might not be as skilled in combat as batman, but he is faster.

#148 Posted by jashro44 (22788 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: I'm not entirely sure why your showing me this since I said daredevil wins.

#149 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#150 Posted by jashro44 (22788 posts) - - Show Bio