Comic shops

TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheOmegaMan

Why is it, the only local shop I have is run by a doofus? Everytime I go in there he follows people around trying to get them to buy comics they don't want. I see it every week!! I wish I had an option of comic shops but there is nothing else around me, and getting them over the internet isn't as cool.  

If I want Haunt #1 I would pick it up! Don't wave it in my face!! 

What is your local place like? 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Sorry to hear that.  If you hate the place so much, I'd really recommend online.  It may not be as satisfying as going out to pick it up, but its often cheaper.  The guy may just be really passionate about comics and is honestly trying to promote what he thinks you may like.  Then again, you could just pull a Family Guy (Stewie to Gym trainer) and let him know he's coming on too strong.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Oh but to answer your question, I go to midtown comics in times square, nyc.  The great thing is its never really sold out of new issues.  The bad news?  There is always a sea of people blocking the new releases wall, just standing around and reading issues...Oblivious to the fact that some people actually want to grab an issue and purchase it.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Agent Buttons
@k4tzm4n said:
" The bad news?  There is always a sea of people blocking the new releases wall, just standing around and reading issues...Oblivious to the fact that some people actually want to grab an issue and purchase it. "

I hate it when that happens. >:[ 

The comic shop here is merged with a sports store, but the guy who owns it is pretty cool.
Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

The shop in my area has a sign, no in store reading.   If you're a regular customer he won't say much at all. 

Also, he will hold comics and other items you order longer.  

Borders or any book store has comics and TPBs.   Have you tried any in your area?
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King Quisling

Oh man Haunt #1 was so awesome! ^_^

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Drafta

I kinda want to pick up Haunt.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor

we have none of these problems in my local shop in england they know me by name and face and have my orders in a file for me lol , as for the people reading that doesnt happen at all lol its just like any other shop with the ocassional discusion

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Ya that guy sounds alittle pushy for my tastes. My local comic guy he ain't so bad, but he isn't open at very convenient times. The only other store close enough is like a 45 minute drive, which isn't bad cause they always have what I am looking for and they are pretty cool guys to talk to about comics and how much we dislike Loeb :) Although I'd always wondered if it would be worth opening my own store, I like the idea of running my own business, I'm just not sure how profitable it would be.

TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10  Edited By TheOmegaMan

I wouldn't mind opening up one myself, but I don't think I could ever be a business owner. Unless money wasn't a concern.
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

My local shop is staffed by a rather awesome collection of individuals, i do tend to hang around in there quite a while some days, always come away with more than i planed on getting but its all good

ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ComiCCloseup
@TheOmegaMan:
My comic shops are both over an hour away in opposite directions.  I onl;y go there if I'm in town for something else.  So I have to go on Ebay which isnt as fun as going each week, although it is cheaper and with shipping I get them in 2 days which isnt bad.  My previous supplier took anywhere between a week and 2 but if your interested its horizon comics they also bag and board and not gross used bags brand new current ones