#1 Posted by Kross (5 posts) - - Show Bio

List 5 or less books you recommend getting this week, with a brief explanation of why. Ready, go!

1. DMZ #16 - Simply one of the best, most relevant titles on the shelf.

2. Local #8 - Also by Brian Wood. Great one and done stories for the indie comic fan.

3. Civil War #7 - I don't think anyone really needs this recommended to them. You're either on board, or not. As for me, I'm itching to see how this ends.

4. Battle Pope #13 - The most completely irreverent fun you'll find anywhere.

5. Wasteland #7 - I've only read a couple issues of this, but they were pretty good. Its an otherwise slow week, so its definitely worth checking out if you see it.

#2 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 52 Week 42 - It's been an amazing trip so far, and only 10 weeks left! Plus, Countdown starts in 11!

• Superman #659 - Kurt Busiek's Superman has been great, and better than Johns' Action Comics. It's only getting better!

• Wasteland #7 - I've bought the whole series so far, and frankly, I've only been ecstatic at the end of each issue, and anticipate the next a whole lot. This reminds me, I've only put up the first issue so far, and need to submit the rest.

• Immortal Iron Fist #3 - A book by Ed Brubaker speaks for itself.

• Ultimate Fantastic Four #39 - Been loving Mike Carey's run, especially since we were introduced to Ultimate Thanos in the last arc. Can't wait to see what happens when Reed finishes making the Ultimate Cosmic Cube.

#3 Posted by Kross (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad you mentioned that Wasteland has been good as a whole series. For some reason I can't find Oni Press books anywhere, so the only issues I've gotten to read are the few I've downloaded on the internet. I'll have to make sure I pick up the trade whenever it comes out.

#4 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely do that. I believe they have its release date on their website. These peeps need all the mulah they can get so that I can read more!

#5 Posted by G-Man (30679 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #538! I think it's gonna be huge.

Staff
#6 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"* Immortal Iron Fist #3 - A book by Ed Brubaker speaks for itself."

Scoodle's my man!