#1 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio

Here, you can gripe or celebrate the biggest cliches in comics that stick out to you. Here's an example:  

I HATE: Domino masks. 

Why? Because they're totally impractical! Granted, they look freakin' cool, thinking about it ruins the whole thing. It doesn't conceal a damn thing and it would probably be a bitch to put on right. I mean, you have to stick it on with something, and after that, if you were to move your eyebrows, it'd either start to peel off or get really uncomfortable. Not to mention, you have to wait for the glue to dry. And by that point, you probably just let the bank robbers kill everyone. Bravo.  

I LOVE: Capes. 
Yeah, I know, almost as impractical as the domino mask, but they add a whole new level of awesome to a character's look. If Batman were standing on a rooftop in the middle of a dark Gotham night with the wind at his back, it just wouldn't be the same without the cloak. The cape is obviously one of the coolest comic cliches out there.
#2 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Love: Secret identities. It adds depth, and obviously, makes for some great storytelling.

Hate: Two dimensional villains. Take Spider-man's b-list gallery, Electro, Rhino, Scorpion, those kind of villains. Good potential, but they have no personality aside from getting paid to do bad sh!t.

#3 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Two dimensional villains. Gotta agree with you on that one.
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio

Love:  Mantles. It gives a sense that time moves on instead of being something static.

Hate: Comic book deaths and resurrections. It has been used so many times, it has become an annoying gimmick. Plus they don't even stay dead for a year.

#5 Posted by thegreatfour (12933 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate: the stop you dead weakness. Kryptonite would be fine if it weakened Superman to an extent but it makes him so weak he can't really do much.
Love: I'll think of that later

#6 Posted by thegreatfour (12933 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Captain America comes to mind
#7 Posted by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreatfour: A recent example, yeah.
#8 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: Or at least when they have no logical explanation. Like, when they just sort of "arrive". It's like "Hey, my death meant absolutely nothing!"
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147057 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: True.
#10 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Love:Retcons 
Hate:Retcons

#11 Posted by lagoon_boy (10878 posts) - - Show Bio
Love: Some costume remakes
Hate: Jeff Loeb.
#12 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy: You didn't even like Hush?
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" @lagoon_boy: You didn't even like Hush? "
I'd hope he means recent Loeb. :p
#14 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Yeah, because Hush was freakin' great. 
#15 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
I LOVE: Frank Miller

I HATE: Frank Miller
#16 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock said:
" @InnerVenom123: Yeah, because Hush was freakin' great.  "
Although I do believe that Ivy seducing Catwoman was pure fan service and nothing more :p
#17 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: Yeah, it kinda was. But it at least had a point in the plot and no one was any more naked then they usually are.
#18 Posted by Mercy_ (91888 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @CaptainCockblock said:
" @InnerVenom123: Yeah, because Hush was freakin' great.  "
Although I do believe that Ivy seducing Catwoman was pure fan service and nothing more :p "
How do you figure. xP
#19 Posted by CaptainUseless (728 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" Love:  Mantles. It gives a sense that time moves on instead of being something static. Hate: Comic book deaths and resurrections. It has been used so many times, it has become an annoying gimmick. Plus they don't even stay dead for a year. "
Agreed.