comic book video games

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

what characters would you guys like to see immortalized in their own videogame. list what features you would want in the game as well as how you would want certain mechanics to work. I think the "infamous" series set a great foundation for any developer as far as making a proper proper super hero game.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

I would love if Rockstead was following up their work on Batman in the Arkham games with a Superman game titled Metropolis. I'd have it be heavily inspired by the first several issues of Grant Morrison's Action Comics, including the jeans and t-shirt costume. It would depict Clark at the absolute beginning of his career as Superman, with his powers still in their infancy (as in Skyrim, powers would be upgraded based on usage). He would not even have the ability to fly, at the very least initially, or perhaps even at all in the game.

In addition to sharing similar gameplay with Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, it would employ dynamic choices and cinematic dialogue, a la Mass Effect. It would not allow for an evil or even renegade Superman through such, but it would allow you to shape relationships with characters such as Lois and Lana. Moreover, there would be sections of the game in which you play as Clark Kent in his guise as a reporter, not merely focusing solely on the superhero aspect of the character.

Essentially, the game would be inFamous meets Mass Effect, starring a young Superman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By SOG7dc

@rideaspacecowboy:

that actually sounds really really good. I disagree about the flying part tho. at the beginning I wouldn't mind not being able to fly....but eventually if im playing with superman im gonna want to fly