#1 Posted by markslurpee (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I've recently started reading comics and I'd like to get into more and I'm currently into:

• Talon
  • The Walking Dead
  • Uncanny Avengers
  • Avengers
  • Old Man Logan
  • Criminal Macabre
  • Avengers vs. X-Men

Any others I should check out? Preferably new stuff, but old stuff is welcome as long as the story arcs aren't impossible to catch up on.

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
Rice Boy.  
I'm determined to get as many people to read this thing as possible.
#3 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend New Avengers. The recent series that Jonathan Hickman is writing. It's only 2 issues in. Great if you like sci-fi in your comics. You might need to look up who the characters are even though they do introduce them in issue 2. Batman has been good ever since the New 52 reboot. You should like the first arc if you're reading Talon now. Also Saga is really good. Only 9 issues in and the first trade paperback is out that's only 10 bucks.

#4 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Sandman. I will always recommend Sandman.

#5 Posted by markslurpee (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: I've been looking into New Avengers, I'll start that one soon. I'll definitely check out Saga and the new Batman, thank you.

@FalconPuuunch: I've been meaning to check out Sandman, I read a book where it was reference multiple times and I do like Gaiman.

Thanks, keep the suggestions coming!

#6 Posted by markslurpee (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Literally reading that right now, i like it so far.

#7 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@markslurpee: Also, if you like The Walking Dead I recommend you give Y:The Last Man a quick look. It was my first graphic novel and I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

If you like post-apocalyptic virus stuff I recommend 28 Days Later: The Aftermath. It may sound lame because it's based off of a movie, but it was really creepy.

And finally we have Crossed. This last one is extremely graphic and disturbing in every imaginable way, so if you have a weak stomach or a light heart ignore this recommendation.

#8 Posted by markslurpee (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch: Perfect! Crossed looks amazing, by the way, I'll definitely give all of your suggestions a look.

#9 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

Sandman. I will always recommend Sandman.

@markslurpee: I second Sandman. Really good.

@FalconPuuunch: I love your screen name. Those two words are liberally used by me on a daily basis :)

#10 Posted by markslurpee (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: @FalconPuuunch:

markslurpee: bringing people together and creating friendships one day at a time

#11 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake:

Thanks man! I make it my personal mission to Falcon Punch at least three people a day.

@markslurpee:

:P

#12 Edited by Tuffy11111 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Another new comic user so this thread is good. Yay.

For OP, I would recommend invincible. Its sooooo good. #100 is coming out this week, but it won't take long at all to get caught up.

Oh, another one is saga. The TPB is $10 and will get you caught up. I wasn't too into it but when I got the TPB everyone in the store was like "ermgerd saga!!!!" So it has to be good. I just didn't get it I guess.

#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (15834 posts) - - Show Bio

@markslurpee said:

I've recently started reading comics and I'd like to get into more and I'm currently into:

• Talon
  • The Walking Dead
  • Uncanny Avengers
  • Avengers
  • Old Man Logan
  • Criminal Macabre
  • Avengers vs. X-Men

Any others I should check out? Preferably new stuff, but old stuff is welcome as long as the story arcs aren't impossible to catch up on.

Uncanny X-Force

X-men #1

#14 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

@markslurpee:JLA, Batman, Thor: God of Thunder, Deadpool, Uncanny X-men, Justice League, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Superman ( Since Scott Lobdell), Red Hood and The Outlaws, New Avengers, All New X-men, Superior Spider-man, Indestructible Hulk, Justice League Dark, Green Arrow 9once Jeff Lemire starts

#15 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@markslurpee: All New X-Men, Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men, and Red Hood and the Outlaws are what I recommend.