Comic book subscription service?

redpiano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redpiano

Does anyone know of a service similar to Heavy Ink where I can subscribe to various comic books and have them shipped to me on a regular basis. So far Heavy ink has been complete poo, three damaged shipment and one 12 days late out of only six orders so far!

Avatar image for theselfproclaimednerd
theselfproclaimednerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DC's direct subscription service isn't too bad. 

Pros- You save 25%, comics arrive within a week after they are released in stores (depending on where you live), never had a damaged shipment 

Cons- Long wait between when you order the subscription and when they start coming to you. 7-8 Weeks! Then it takes a while for the shipments to catch up to the store releases, but it eventually did.  

I used it for a few months. I cancelled because there is a comic store by my house which offers a good discount. I was going every week anyway to pick up the flashpoint event, they they announced the relaunch, and I decided to stick with the store. 

Also, despite the customer service agents being very helpful, they don't know shit.

redpiano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By redpiano

Yeah but that's only DC offering I'm sure. What sucks for me in particular is that there isn't a comic shop within an hour of me so I can't do that, I need a service like heavy ink to keep up with singles.

TheDarkSide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheDarkSide

I've never tried any of these, but they do either offer heavy discounts on pre-orders, have a subscription service, or both.

• DCBService.com
  • MailOrderComics.com
  • MidTownComics.com
  • TFAW.com