Comic Book Subscription Club

tdbgroup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tdbgroup

Hi everyone! My name is Felix. I tried to figure out what would be the best and most appropriate place on the forum to post this and I decided that this would be it. If I was wrong, I apologize and kindly ask the moderators to move it to the appropriate place.

I am starting a comic book subscription club and I wanted to get your opinions and thoughts about it. Here is what I am looking to do (read below) After you read it, I am 100% open to comments, suggestions, and any input that you may have. Thanks in advance.

Here it is:

I am starting a monthly comic book subscription club where we deliver amazing comics to you every month. You will receive comic books from the 2000s, 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, and even the occasional 50s. You’ll get Marvel, DC, and smaller Indy publishers like Dark Horse, Image Comics and Icon, as well as others. Since you never know what you will receive, it’s like getting a surprise birthday present every month!

Where do these comic books come from? We search out and purchase private collections. We then remove any comics that are in bad shape. There is absolutely no cherry picking! So you get a completely random mix of common, semi-rare, and rare comics. We then ship them to you in a protective bubble mailer. All comic books are in Fine or better condition and are individually bagged and boarded. And just to spice things up a bit, we seek out and separately purchase signed comic books which we randomly add into the mix.

We offer 3 subscription levels: $4.99/mo for 1 comic, $7.99/mo for 2 and $9.99/mo for 3 (shipping is included). There are no contracts, so you can cancel any time.

Please provide any input that you may have.

Thanks again,

Felix

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Funrush

That sounds pretty cool, I'd buy it if it I had the money.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@tdbgroup said:

We offer 3 subscription levels: $4.99/mo for 1 comic

So you only offer Marvel, eh?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

This could sound like a way to just get people's addresses.

tdbgroup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tdbgroup

To address your questions and concerns: "So you only offer Marvel" - No. It would be everything, not just Marvel. "just to get people's addresses" - Why would we want people's addresses?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@tdbgroup: Stalk

tdbgroup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tdbgroup

Stalk? Really? Because the millions of people that live in a 10 mile radius around me is not enough to find someone to stalk? I would need to create a business/company to collect random address so that I can stalk someone. You know they still print the white pages with millions of random address. So I wouldn't worry.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@tdbgroup: You still sound suspicious

tdbgroup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tdbgroup

So I have been getting positive feedback so far and have received a suggestion that I will be incorporating into the subscription club.

-Each subscriber will be able to choose which publisher(s) they want to receive. So you will be able to pick if you want to receive Marvel, DC, Indy, or a combination of them.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks

Felix