Comic Book Spending Problem

cmyers1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cmyers1980

As of now I'm struggling with a situation so I'm asking you guys your opinion on what I should do. Where I live there are 2 comic stores...... 1 that is only open on the weekend and constantly has 50 percent off sales, the other is open all week and is where I buy my various titles as they come out. Also they have a large amount of trade paperbacks but as you know they cost a lot of money. Since I only have an limited amount of money I have to try to balance out what I buy from both comic stores including a few trade paperbacks I plan on buying. I hate falling behind on my comic titles but on the other hand at the other comic store I can buy 3 times the amount of comics for the same price because they constantly have 50 percent off sales. I try to balance it out equally but it still is troubling so what should I do?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Wish I could help, but I have the same problem.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By blur1528

@cmyers1980: It has gotten to the point where I only go out of my way to buy when there is a sale. Normally there is enough back issues and I can catch up to where I left off.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'd stick with the sale. You'd be behind sure, but technically, if you can buy more quantities of comics, then you could catch up quickly, if not more. Plus you can expand your interests more, so if you see anything else that catches your eye you might be able to purchase it, unlike the weekday one that costs lots of cash and you'll have to let it go.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

They'd only be a few days behind, unless they don't buy new comics?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I'd stick with the sale. You'd be behind sure, but technically, if you can buy more quantities of comics, then you could catch up quickly, if not more. Plus you can expand your interests more, so if you see anything else that catches your eye you might be able to purchase it, unlike the weekday one that costs lots of cash and you'll have to let it go.

this. also, technically you won't be behind. you just need to wait a few days until you can get your hands on the new issues