Comic Book Sharing

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By blur1528

I think this would be a fun thing to do on the site with the people we talk to on a regular basis and trust. Now the way I see the shipping working would be you pay to send a book to someone and then they pay to send a book to you. You would have to pay for shipping twice but I think in the long run it would be worth it to pay around $6 for a good read.

Leave your thoughts in the usual place.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

It's a sweet idea, but I've lost items that I've loaned to so-called friends in person. There's a lot of trust involved in this idea.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

Neat idea, has anyone ever tried trading through the site this way?

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By EdwardWindsor

se@xerox_kitty said:

It's a sweet idea, but I've lost items that I've loaned to so-called friends in person. There's a lot of trust involved in this idea.

Seconded, its a good idea but not all people are trustworthy and realible

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Timandm

I'm sorry to say I have to agree with everyone else on this. It IS a great idea, but things WILL get lost... It's not that people are evil (which they are) but things happen, mistakes get made, and comics WOULD get lost... And that's not even including the comics that the post office would lose in the mail...

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By _Zombie_

@xerox_kitty said:

This. My friends are still my friends, but one of them returned my Fear Itself: Avengers #14 with two or three pages loose and almost falling out. It's a great concept, but there's too much trust involved.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Vortex13

I lent a friend my V for Vendetta trade and never got it back, because he had lent it to someone else which I didn't give him permission to do and I had to buy a new one. I have another friend that I'll lend my graphic novels to all the time though because he A) won't steel them since he's not actually a comic fan and B) knows that to incur my wrath is to gamble with your life >8)

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blur1528

I understand the fear. One of my friends reads comics like a magazine meaning that he folds it back and holds it with one hand. I mean come on it's only held together by two staples. Something's about to get torn.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blur1528

I do not want to sound like a broken record but I think this will be possible through Marvel's digital copies... a Comic Book Sharing 2.0 if you will.