Comic Book Rape...

DarkDoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By DarkDoon

Thor was also "raped" by Moon Dragon.  She used her mental telepathy to manipulate him.  Apparently, this took place in Avengers # 219 or 220.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DarkDoon: 
Moondragon, Enchantress and Lorelei, separate instances for Thor.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@aztek the lost said:
"2 for 2!

I'm on a roll!

and if adult comics were allowed, wow, my examples would be endless "
Is that a clown?
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@aztek the lost said:
" @White Mage: yes, yes it is "
.................................................where the hell are you finding these??!! 

DarkDoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By DarkDoon

Here's the scene with Nightwing and Tarantula.  Incidentally, the story was written by (female author) Devin Grayson.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/548/nightwingpyratedcppg21tz6.jpg

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@aztek the lost said:
" @White Mage said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @White Mage: yes, yes it is "
.................................................where the hell are you finding these??!!   "
in comics?  I'm trying to be bias here for the sake of sarcasm, I actually think most of these are great, intelligent comics, I simply take the one scene that can give the wrong idea since this thread is all about rape and I think people's point of it being realistic and therefore okay to be ridiculous "

LOL Ok
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#111  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Crossed has like ten on panel rape scenes I can recall off the top of my head. No Hero has a rape or two in it as well I think.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Doesnt Johnny Sorrow have a rape or two under his belt?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#115  Edited By Darkchild
@aztek the lost said:
" to be honest I really have no problem with rape in comics, however if your goal is to relate to comics and your comics are full of rapists, you've got more issues then I can help you with

however, I read comics moreso for critique on society so rape is to be expected 

a perfect example however where rape is actually taken seriously and portrayed as the issue it should be is in...wait for it, Transmetropolitan, a critique on the filth in society

No Caption Provided
"
greatest issye if Transmet
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont know if they were mentioned but Foggy Nelson was raped by a girl  who committed suicide afterwords.
Rogue in X-Men 236. 
R'Chell aka Rachel Summers statutorily raped Franklin Richards several times hen he was 4 in
Days Of Futures Present.
Hulk was raped in Future Imperfect. Hulk later has a break down in a therapists office. 
He was also raped by Dormmamu's sister Umar, and two guys attempted to rape Banner at a YMCA
another time.

No Caption Provided
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Darkchild
@aztek the lost said:
" @Darkchild: agreed, as much as Spider can be hilarious, the true gem issues are the ones that make you think (which to be honest is basically all of them) "
THat issue which was fourty right? was hands down the issue that had me set on keeping Transmet as my favorite comic ever
DarkDoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By DarkDoon
@CATMANEXE: 

Rachel did no such thing to Franklin Richards.  She only interacted with Franklin's future counterpart (an adult) from her timeline.  
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@CATMANEXE said:
" dont know if they were mentioned but Foggy Nelson was raped by a girl  who committed suicide afterwords.
Rogue in X-Men 236. 
R'Chell aka Rachel Summers statutorily raped Franklin Richards several times hen he was 4 in
Days Of Futures Present.
Hulk was raped in Future Imperfect. Hulk later has a break down in a therapists office. 
He was also raped by Dormmamu's sister Umar, and two guys attempted to rape Banner at a YMCA
another time.

No Caption Provided
"
I really don't remember that.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I found this site about Rogue

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:AyZU2ohvP0QJ:stason.org/TULARC/art/comics-xbooks/30-Was-Rogue-raped-by-the-guards-in-the-first-Genosha-storyl.html+X-Men+rogue+rape&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#122  Edited By NightFang3

I know Sue Dibney and Dick Grayson were raped, so was Green Arrow.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By CosmicSpiral

God, this is turning into an unhealthy thread. 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DEGRAAF
@CosmicSpiral:
how do you mean?

@Crom-Cruach:
I agree. Cassidy (carnage) always seemed like he would be a rapist  

@The Mast:
i do have to agree with that about freedom of speech and expression. i would say the only problem with it is that readers should be able to decide if they want to read it or not and not knowing whats going to be in the comic each month makes it hard to decide

@Nerx:
also you forgot Dr Light raping Sue dibney and trying to rape Kimiyo

And eddie brock raping Beck Underwod    

Explosive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Explosive
@CATMANEXE: Damn, no wonder he is angry most of the time
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#126  Edited By Nerx
@DEGRAAF: Thanks and adding brock to my list
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#127  Edited By Primmaster64

Wait Rogue was raped?

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#128  Edited By sexy_merc

To be fair Devin Grayson's run on Nightwing sucked. I mean she completely changed the character of Tarantula randomly. It was so inconsistent and disappointing that I didn't even consider it canon.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Venatio

Hmm, did not know that rape was used this much in comic books, well I guess I'm fine with it

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#130  Edited By Caligula

Then you would absolutely hate Sam Keith's the Maxx the story, and main characters are all created because of a Rape. 

I don't think rape is a good thing, but it's just a story, I don't understand why it's so offensive, I mean if i saw it happen to someone in real-life I would kick the person's ass. But as far as comics or movies go man it's not real it's just a story, don't get bent out of shape over something that never really happened.
Shadow Dex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Shadow Dex
@aztek the lost:
@Vance Astro:

What the hell is wrong with you people!! Yeah rape is a real thing but its protrayal in comics is a load of bullshit mixed with aload of horse shit, then mix with the shit of the writer's head. The victims reaction and trauma are never acurately protrayed in comics. Now why the hell do you say it dosn't bother you. Why the hell would some thing as serious as rape bother you when show in comics. I know the Japanese havea culteral fetish for it and that you can find that crap around the world but still hell is going on here. 
oh and Aztek thanks for mentioning that little bit.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#132  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Primmaster64 said:
" Wait Rogue was raped? "
Yes.  When Genosha was a growing power that relied on mutate slaves, she was captured & had her powers temporarily removed by Wipeout.  When thrown in prison, she was attacked by the guards.  It isn't explicitly clear because of the Comic Code Authority.  However, the text boxes make it pretty clear when they talk about Rogue had always dreamed of her first time being a beautiful moment & that she desperately tried to shut it all out. 
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#133  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
Yes.  When Genosha was a growing power that relied on mutate slaves, she was captured & had her powers temporarily removed by Wipeout.  When thrown in prison, she was attacked by the guards.  It isn't explicitly clear because of the Comic Code Authority.  However, the text boxes make it pretty clear when they talk about Rogue had always dreamed of her first time being a beautiful moment & that she desperately tried to shut it all out.  "
That's really awful. That may be the most awful thing I've ever heard concerning comics. 

However, it does make me like the retcon made in the Sentry: Fallen Sun much more than I did. At least Rogue's first time wasn't unconscionably horrible now.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By xerox_kitty
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
Yes.  When Genosha was a growing power that relied on mutate slaves, she was captured & had her powers temporarily removed by Wipeout.  When thrown in prison, she was attacked by the guards.  It isn't explicitly clear because of the Comic Code Authority.  However, the text boxes make it pretty clear when they talk about Rogue had always dreamed of her first time being a beautiful moment & that she desperately tried to shut it all out.  "
That's really awful. That may be the most awful thing I've ever heard concerning comics.   However, it does make me like the retcon made in the Sentry: Fallen Sun much more than I did. At least Rogue's first time wasn't unconscionably horrible now. "
Although I haven't read it, from what I understand about the scene in Fallen Sun is that he was the only one who could touch her while her powers were on... That doesn't retcon her sexual history.  Otherwise it would undo all the intimate moments she's shared with Gambit in the past (that she telepathically broadcasted to the whole of Utopia in a recent issue of X-Men: Legacy).  So as it still stands, Rogue was raped when she lost her virginity.  The story is in Uncanny X-Men #235 - 237 (or 238, I can't remember how long that story went on for).   
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#135  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@xerox-kitty said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
That's really awful. That may be the most awful thing I've ever heard concerning comics.   However, it does make me like the retcon made in the Sentry: Fallen Sun much more than I did. At least Rogue's first time wasn't unconscionably horrible now. "
Although I haven't read it, from what I understand about the scene in Fallen Sun is that he was the only one who could touch her while her powers were on... That doesn't retcon her sexual history.  Otherwise it would undo all the intimate moments she's shared with Gambit in the past (that she telepathically broadcasted to the whole of Utopia in a recent issue of X-Men: Legacy).  So as it still stands, Rogue was raped when she lost her virginity.  The story is in Uncanny X-Men #235 - 237 (or 238, I can't remember how long that story went on for).    "
Oh. That makes sense. Now I feel bad again. :( Poor Rogue. I know she's just a fictional character, but poor Rogue.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Precise
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Primmaster64
@xerox-kitty: Dang.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By The_Martian

I believe Apollo was raped as well.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@Nobody: I believe so, though it was implied.
Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#140  Edited By Rothschild

The fact that some people have a problem with rape in comics confuses me, it happens in real life, ALOT more than is reported or exposed. I detest anyone who has to impose themselves on another person, sexual or for the power. I also feel the JLA shouldve drawn and quartered Dr.Light for what he did, mindwipe was too good for him

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Precise said:
" @xerox-kitty: The link White Mage provided states differently though. I wouldn't know since I haven't read the comics. 

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:AyZU2ohvP0QJ:stason.org/TULARC/art/comics-xbooks/30-Was-Rogue-raped-by-the-guards-in-the-first-Genosha-storyl.html+X-Men+rogue+rape&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us "
So...?  I'm not going to rely on how other people interpret the text.  You have to remember that in the days of the Comics Code Authority story telling was limited.  Those were the times when Northstar wasn't gay or suffering from Aids, but it was okay to call him a 'fairy'.  So Chris Claremont wrote something a little too scary for the CCA & was forced to throw in a 'Carol Danvers took over moment to say everything was okay'.  If Carol Danvers was in control, then Rogue wouldn't have been aware of what physical interaction there'd been.  It's a cheap 1980's style CCA cover up of something that might upset kids... 

The fact that people still desperately cling on to the possibility it didn't happen sadly proves that the CCA were right.  It's also sad that in this day & age people need cold had fact delivered in full view to accept something.  Subtlety in story-telling shouldn't be compromised just to make the masses happy.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Batman was raped , and Damien was the result

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Mercy_
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: Holy crap. What's that from?
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Dark Huntress: Batman 656, screwy huh? 
Really puts his relationship with Damien in a new perspective too. 
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just looked through the thread and interestingly enough I had a conversation about just that scene. 
Guess I owe Son of Magnus an apology

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Mercy_
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @The Dark Huntress: Batman 656, screwy huh? Really puts his relationship with Damien in a new perspective too.  "
Yeah, it does. That's crazy but I can't say that I'm entirely surprised. It seems like something Talia would pull. She's too much like her father. 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#147  Edited By InnerVenom123

BATMAN WAS RAPED? Wow.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#148  Edited By Dracade102

Does mind rape and surprise butt-secks count?

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Video_Martian

Green Arrow was raped =P

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#150  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@InnerVenom123:   yeah i know ,you would of thought he made anti rape plans of some sort.

I have read alot of Alan Moore and thers a hell of alot of rape in his stuff,league of extraordinary gentlemen and Killing joke for example