• 148 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Man of Steel is finally here for most of us (apologies to some of our friends overseas) and, seeing as a wide amount of the general audience liked it and it raked in a lot of cash for Warner Bros, it's no surprise they're moving forward with a sequel. But now, that leaves us speculating like crazy over what'll happen from here.

Zack Snyder and company littered the film with quite a few easter eggs for us to catch, and while having Lex Luthor in the sequel certainly makes plenty of sense, I thought we could have some fun chatting about who we want to see. So, would you really want Luthor to be the big bad in the follow-up or would you love to see someone else from Superman's history take the focus? Are you itching for an epic Doomsday action sequence? Should Supergirl appear to bring back a connection to Kal's roots? Would you want the sci-fi to go into overdrive and introduce Brainiac? These are just some of choices we've added to the poll (15 characters + an "other" option) and now we want to see what you think! So, click the link below to vote and speak your mind, Viners!

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

GG, Zod.
GG, Zod.

Voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET) and an updated feature will hit the homepage shortly after. If you vote for Batman, we're not friends. I love the Dark Knight and all, but out of those options for Superman's sequel? COME ON, BRODUDE.

Beserkerfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No,Superman had his chance and he effed it up.

Anyway Batman should get another movie first, too much Superman eventually will equal stagnation.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain13

Mongul and War World, Superman's Arkham.

No Caption Provided

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Lex Luthor as to be in the second movie after what happen in metropolis (you did see his logo on the truck that was thrown at superman right?) The Military might work with Lex to build a weapon to destroy Superman if they distrust him out of fear, and that tech could come from the alien ship and can find ways to harm Superman. I still like to see Kryptonite in the second movie just to see how they can work with it.

LenSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LenSnart

@beserkerfury: Too much Superman? We didn't have a superman movie for 7 years, and you think having another Batman movie is the way to go?

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlickyMike88

I voted for Brainiac , I don't care about Lex Luthor:P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lensnart said:

@beserkerfury: Too much Superman? We didn't have a superman movie for 7 years, and you think having another Batman movie is the way to go?

Loading Video...

Beserkerfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should make a movie about Batman kicking Darkseid's ass!!!!!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Not Lex, he's been overdone in both film and TV, and in all honesty I've never found him that interesting as a character anyway.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex should rise to power but not become a big bad tell man of steel 3. Brainiac and mongol could provide some awesome fight scenes. But in a weird turn I think toyman could work. He could mentally push clark to his limits. But superman learned his lesson and cant bring himself to kill again. Like the batman movies the villians could match up.

Ras all gulf = Zod

Toy man = Joker

Brainiac = Bane

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10  Edited By fables87

Haven't seen the movie yet, but seeing Brainiac on the big screen would be cool.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond

Turn it into a thriller with Toyman.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided

Him...please.

toxin45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

how about composite version of Lex and Brainiac being the same person

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Hector and parallaz! I think not!

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Braniac for 2... Lex for 3? But Lex wouldn't make for a big battle. Perhaps another villain under Luthor's control could be a weapon against Superman?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n If you don't want anyone to vote for Batman then did you put him in the poll?

@allstarsuperman Only disagree with Toy Man.

Ra's al Ghul = Zod (Both are tied to villains past)

Joker = Lex (Arch nemesis, the ones who'll put the heroes beyond their breaking level)

Bane = Brainiac or Doomsday (ones who'll break the heroes)

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#17  Edited By Cavemold

brainac.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@rustyroy: ...because the comment isn't 100% sincere...?

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By novi_homines

I would like Lex to be the main villain, just seems right. Also, I would like Bruce Wayne to make a cameo somewhere in there. Whether it be at a Lex fund-raiser, or whatever rich people do. Lol, but i'll like to see bruce wayne in there somehow. It would make the fans go nuts.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Mucklefluga

Its too soon for another alien. Gotta be Lex!

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think there should be another Superman movie persey. It would be interesting to do a Trinity movie next and have Superman and introduce Wonder Women and reintroduce Batman. Then from Trinity go to justice league. After JL start doing more individual movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab3225fbce96
deactivated-5ab3225fbce96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cadmus Labs

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Lex but not as the main threat, I think I'd like to see Lex set up as a background villain and have him rebuilding Metropolis but be suspicious of Superman and have him come up with a plan to attempt to eliminate him, then you introduce Metallo and Kryptonite. Have the standard fight but end the movie with Superman discovering Lex was behind the whole thing but not being able to prove it. Then in part 3 have Lex and Brainiac both trying to use each other against Superman.

Ama_Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Braniac! I really want him in a movie... though I have to wonder if he would be better suited for the Justice League movie.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: My mistake but I seriously don't want Batman in MoS 2, if any hero deserves to be in the movie its Martian Manhunter.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supergirl.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dondave

Brainiac

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sasquatch888

@allstarsuperman:

Lex should rise to power but not become a big bad tell man of steel 3. Brainiac and mongol could provide some awesome fight scenes. But in a weird turn I think toyman could work. He could mentally push clark to his limits. But superman learned his lesson and cant bring himself to kill again. Like the batman movies the villians could match up.

Ras all gulf = Zod

Toy man = Joker

Brainiac = Bane

toyman ..... lousy idea ...superman's rouges gallery is pretty lame ..except for lex

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By BritishMonkey

Why not Braniac AND Lex Luthor?

You get earthly enemies and also still keep it in space. It works.

And I think Lex because he has the money and all to repair the destruction left after Zod's invasion. And the huge battle and all.

Sandshrew8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titano

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doomsday

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despero? Actually no, he should be kept for a Justice League movie.

Lex Luthor would be a terrible choice. If you want Lex Luthor hows about you go and watch the 4 or 5 other films with him in. Stagnation.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul and War World, Superman's Arkham.

No Caption Provided

Yeah I second this! With them taking a decidedly more Sci-Fi approach, I'd love to see a Mongul and War World on the big screen.

That said, Brainiac and Lex are the probably the smartest choices narrative wise. Personally I'm hoping that Lex get's introduced in the next one, but doesn't take center stage until the final movie in the trilogy, or however many they plan to make.

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illo_29:

You have a fantastic idea. Allowing other characters to be introduced, and integrated into the universe. Unfortunately the universe the newest batman belongs too and the universe this superman belongs too don't seem so compatible. Adding magic (Wonder Woman) seems like just another incongruous aspect to confuse things further.

Tyndall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Doomsday or Bizarro would be awesome but that'll never happen. These movies can't appeal to comic book fans only. A character like Bizarro would be way too hokey and no non-fans would like it. Same with Doomsday, he would just be a giant monster.

I think Warner Brothers would be smart to (sadly) stick to humanoid characters only. There have been incarnations of Brainiac where he isn't humanoid but probably his most famous encounter would be best fit for it. Lots of sci-fi and he would be more well accepted because of his human-esque appearance.

I figure they're going to do Luthor, though. That's the logical choice. I just hope they go against logic and really take it a step further to somewhere they haven't gone with Superman movies yet.

I'm gonna be pissed if they bring back Kryptonite, too. It's such a cop-out. Figure out a cool way to beat him, not a green mineral.

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcipher: I guess by re-introduce Batman I meant a new version Batman, that will mix better with what MoS has started. As far as Wonder Women, she'll have to make into a JL movie so Magic will have to be introduced at sometime unless they go the Thor route and make here some sort of alien or tweak the amazons to be more tech bases or just genetically superior to us.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

SUPERGIRL! with Brainiac as the villain. i had to vote for the Maid of Steel

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm...I don't think Supergirl should be in the sequel. In fact, she should be in a World's Finest sequel. In the first World's Finest film, Wonder Woman can be introduced. I don't think a solo Wonder Woman film would do well (look at her recent track record in terms of live action).

In terms of a Man of Steel sequel, I think it would be cool to see Lex in it, but he would need to have another "pawn". This is a hard one. It would be cool to either see Metallo, Brainiac, or maybe even Parasite if done right!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Jenkale

@beserkerfury: lol you batboys are HILARIOUS. batman just finished his trilogy and you want another one and that is ok but superman just getting a sequel and you think that is too much. seriously??! lol

MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK first of all; the producers/writers/director blew their wad on this movie. The sci-fi aspect of Superman was front and center. The movie was a huge spectacle - visually and philosophical.

To bring Lex in as a direct threat would be lame. He is a mere mortal and they've established mortals can't touch Supes. The "using kryptonian tech to make a weapon" angle is good, and could involve Star Labs, Cadmus, etc. along with Lex funding it. There would need to be an establishment for why Lex dislikes Supes in this incarnation though.

Brainiac was essentially already done with the two ships on either side of the planet. He (or his ship) would lprobably look something like those things with the metallic tendrils and beam weapons etc. Already saw this in the 1st movie - done.

Mongul is a fantastic choice as he preserves the sci-fi aspect and doesn't have to rehash anything we've already seen - Warworld tech could be very different than kryptonian tech. Warworld would be an interesting thing since it's very presence in orbit would screw up tides and weather patterns.

Metallo is also an awesome idea. Plenty of left over kryptonian tech around, a great way to introduce kryptonite, and a villain that could have ties to Lex, Cadmus, Star Labs etc. Also he's a single threat with added associated threats so something for Supes to directly focus on, and then peripheral stuff for Lois to investigate and to create sub-plots - also put her in danger and in need of rescuing.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor, Metallo, and maybe parasite for the next one

Avatar image for frost_the_giant
Frost_the_GIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Frost_the_GIANT
ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about this Lex Luthor and the military discover Braniac in the remains of the alien ship they make some sort of deal say Lex tells Braniac hey can study superman if he can destroy him in exchange for some of his alien tech. After the initial defeat of Braniac Lex can use the advanced technology to kick start Project Cadmus to find a way to destroy Superman. This would also be a way to squeeze other metahumans in to that universe as well.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@sasquatch888 said:

@allstarsuperman:

@allstarsuperman said:

Ras all gulf = Zod

Toy man = Joker

Brainiac = Bane

toyman ..... lousy idea ...superman's rouges gallery is pretty lame ..except for lex

Lame huh?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DarqKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in Australia and have yet to see the movie, but thanks to my forays on the internet spoilers have come and delivered me a few tidbits of information. As for a sequel, I would personally choose Brainiac and introduce kryptonite and hopefully Lex and Metallo in the third. Lex could lend himself as an anti superman advocate in the second preparing for a more prominent role in the third.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eternal19

Lex and Metallo would be the best combo in my opinion

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers