There are a few things im super thankful for in the realms of comics this year, but one thing that I am super thankful for is Valiant.
I only ever read Marvel and DC up until last year, when I decided to give Valiant a go and now read all Valiant titles and love them all. While I did actually start reading last year, they have consistently been stories I look forward to well into this year as well.
Infinity has been great. If all goes well tomorrow with issue 6 and New Avengers, it will be my favorite story of 2013 and probably of the past couple years.
Valiant has been a fantastic change of pace from the Big Two while staying in a shared universe. Harbinger Wars is currently my favorite story of the year.
- Lemire and Sorrentino -- Green Arrow
- Kirkman and Ottley -- Invincible
- Fraction and Aja -- Hawkeye
- Ellis and Shalvey -- Moon Knight
- Snyder and Capullo -- Batman
- Matt Kindt and Matt Kindt -- Mind MGMT
- Ales Kot and each issue's new artist -- Zero
- Waid and Samnee -- Daredevil
Thankful to have an often intelligent community, of like-minded individuals, who share my interests, and whom have provided me with countless hours of distraction during travel, slow days at work, and overall crappy days. Seriously, thanks to all the fanboys who keep this site running strong.