Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Will You Buy 'Batman: Arkham Origins?'

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Will You Buy 'Batman: Arkham Origins?' (321 votes)

Can't wait! I'm going to a midnight release. 13%
Yes! Buying it sometime on launch day. 44%
Tempted but I'm in no rush. Might wait for the price to drop or ask for it as a gift. 31%
Not sure. I'll wait to see what the reviews say. 4%
Looks disappointing, but I may still give it a chance. 1%
No thanks. Pass. 6%

A new Arkham game is only 3 days away! If you can't tell, we're really excited. It's hard not to be after they've released a 17-minute gameplay video and a breathtaking TV spot. We're obviously going to dive into the game right when we get our hands on it, but do you share our enthusiasm for this upcoming video game? That's exactly what we want to find out this week. Are you going to rush out to a midnight release and then play until the sun comes up... or are you just going to skip out on this one? We've provided a few options in the poll, so cast you vote and speak your mind below!

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Once the poll is locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

• 
Kangaxx_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Kangaxx_54

Pre-ordered on Steam, though it might be a week or two before I jump on it. I have just played through Asylum, and have just started on City. I'd be done by now if not for that sneaky GFWL patch. I were 75% through Asylum when it hit, and I really wanted to complete it again, so I restarted before finding out that it is actually possible to convert the save games.

Launch day for me.

THis has been my most anticipated title since I beat Arkham City.

Although i am a bit dissapointed at the fact that thsi was supposed to be a silver age themed game with like Superman and green lantern and stuff remember? lol buti guess things change hopefully for the better :)

I've heard rumors that Rocksteady is developing exactly that. Origins is made by WB Montreal, who've had nothing to do with either Asylum or City.

YoungDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By YoungDoctor

Getting it on payday the following Friday.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By deathstroke19

2 HOURS OF WALK THROUGH FOOTAGE... COURTESY OF @rogueshadow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNTc5gU2-g4

I was super excited about it until watching this gameplay.

Its a person that has never played any of the Arkham games so he had no idea what he was doing. Let that sink in for a moment...

Okay so now I'm going to give some info on the game that really isn't a spoiler but I'm warning you I'm about to talk about the game.

Here we go:

You fight deathstroke within an hour and forty five minutes and its a terrible boss fight. All that you do is counter counter counter counter counter punch counter counter counter punch battles over. DS goes down so easily it's too unrealistic to watch and slades voice... Terrible. anyway after DS goes down ridiculously easy batman ties him up and the cops come and pick him up. So idk if they are going to bring him back or not later in the game but still terrible DS design especially if it takes a kid that's never played an arkham game before one try.

Pelenar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already have it pre-ordered. :D

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Launch day son.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Sometime on launch day

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Preordered it.

EscGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucky I have no class that day, I can't wait!!!

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Also i preordered it the day it was first available to be preordered cause it said you get to play as DS but then they changed it after i purchased it to DS only in challenge maps. Its a bit disappointing that he's not like cat woman was in city.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm more excited for Lego Marvel :)

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was in the country, I'd be there for the midnight release getting the collector's edition. As it stands, though, I'm hoping my dad remembers to find one.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Game looks great but I'm in no rush to play it and I am on a budget so it'll have to wait

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only reason I'm not picking it up at midnight is that we don't have midnight releases here :P

I've never been this excited for a game before and I'm glad that the first Collector's Edition I'll ever be getting is from my beloved Arkham franchise!

mkukie68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely I pre-ordered it within a week of it being able to pre-order it.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SuperJedi17

I'll wait for Arkham chaos,at least I'll know that Kevin Conroy will be batman in that game. And there may be a chance of nightwing showing up as a story character.

BadLuckCoderre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was so excited for this game when it was announced and ever since then, I was following the news about it. But then, last week, I was at Gamestop and I had the chance to pre-order, but something told me to just wait and see. Not sure why.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. The frame rate in the video was ROOOOOOUGH plus I was a little burned out by the end of the last one.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6% of you people are retarded.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't have much free time to spare on Arkham Origins currently and the game hasn't blown me away like Arkham City did. Guess I'll wait a while for the price to drop or ask for it as a Christmas present.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered it for only £30.

hugebone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hugebone

There was no option for my situation. Which is "Yes. I have it in my hands right now and am going to play in an hour."

(First post by the way!)

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By bladewolf

I'd buy it...if I had a system to play it on :/

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In between the first and second option. I'm keen as hell but probably won't be picking it up until a few days after release.