• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (39501 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Will You Buy 'Batman: Arkham Origins?' (321 votes)

Can't wait! I'm going to a midnight release. 13%
Yes! Buying it sometime on launch day. 44%
Tempted but I'm in no rush. Might wait for the price to drop or ask for it as a gift. 31%
Not sure. I'll wait to see what the reviews say. 4%
Looks disappointing, but I may still give it a chance. 1%
No thanks. Pass. 6%

A new Arkham game is only 3 days away! If you can't tell, we're really excited. It's hard not to be after they've released a 17-minute gameplay video and a breathtaking TV spot. We're obviously going to dive into the game right when we get our hands on it, but do you share our enthusiasm for this upcoming video game? That's exactly what we want to find out this week. Are you going to rush out to a midnight release and then play until the sun comes up... or are you just going to skip out on this one? We've provided a few options in the poll, so cast you vote and speak your mind below!

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Once the poll is locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

#1 Posted by PeppeyHare (4326 posts) - - Show Bio

Picking it up on launch

#2 Posted by LaserLambert (641 posts) - - Show Bio

probably pick it up off steam at some point. no rush.

#3 Posted by NoahMcnasty (43 posts) - - Show Bio

neh next gen consoles come out in a month im saving all my dough for xbox one games.

#4 Edited by LCazT1996 (576 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these fit my situation...

"YES! Just... gonna wait a few weeks." is what I am doing.

#5 Posted by leokearon (1943 posts) - - Show Bio

I am in no rush, I'll wait for reviews and the Game of the Year edition

#6 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (902 posts) - - Show Bio

I almost never play video games anymore but I loved the Arkham series so I'd wait until the price goes down or I can rent it but I may definitely pick this up. I'd like to see the reviews first too.

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (39501 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these fit my situation...

"YES! Just... gonna wait a few weeks." is what I am doing.

Well, you're technically in no rush if you're okay with waiting a few weeks, so I'd say that option applies. :P

Staff
#8 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1661 posts) - - Show Bio

Gettin it on launch day.

#9 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Ordered the collectors edition on amazon and CANNOT wait for it to arrive. I am getting the UK statue and am loving it. Hope the game is as good as the first two.

#10 Posted by Saren (26844 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm anticipating it, but I'll have to wait for some free time before I can think about buying it. Probably a couple of weeks after the release.

#11 Posted by HeckTate (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Have it pre-ordered, won't be picking it up at midnight, but definitely same day as release.

#12 Posted by dondave (39949 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm anticipating it, but I'll have to wait for some free time before I can think about buying it. Probably a couple of weeks after the release.

#13 Posted by sentryman555 (866 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in the waiting for reviews camp. It's like for superhero movies. The third one always makes or breaks it for people. And honestly I'm not a huge Deathstroke fan or Black Mask for that matter. So this game doesn't have a lot pulling me towards it.

#14 Edited by tensor (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

I am getting it.Part one and two was really good.Love the riddler challenges,gameplay,story,graphics just all around Perfect.

#15 Posted by Superguy0009e (2404 posts) - - Show Bio

If only I had the money and the time.

#16 Edited by Mucklefluga (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-ordered from the Amazonians a while back. I cannae wait.

#17 Posted by nigravirum1 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm literally going out and buying a X-box just to get this game because I dont usually play video games... but when i saw the 17 minute preview, I immediately decided I was going out and buying an X-box just to get this game... it looks so awesome!

#18 Posted by Black_Claw (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get it for Christmas.

#19 Posted by impossibilly (913 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely buying it, but I'm not sure when. If Amazon offers it for $30-$35 on Black Friday like they have with the previous two Arkham games, I'll might jump on it. Otherwise, I may just hold out for the inevitable later edition that includes all the DLC.

#20 Posted by Maxpower00044 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight release purchase of the Collector's Edition + Season Pass.

#21 Posted by SynCig (888 posts) - - Show Bio

I pre-ordered this game months ago and I can't wait to play it but I ordered it off Amazon so I will be waiting at least until after I get out of class on Friday.

#22 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! I play PC and I hate that I have to wait two weeks after everybody else!

#23 Edited by RogueShadow (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Same day delivery b*tches!

#24 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (860 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone said "No thanks. Pass"

#25 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (860 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Hawkguy (624 posts) - - Show Bio

My answer is "Yes! But I have &#@$ing University now so I won't be able to play until this semester is over, which is when I'll probably get it!" but it wasn't an option so I went with the next best thing

#27 Posted by Caladorcp (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I will probably get it eventually, but the new consoles are coming out soon. I'm not going to shell out $60 for this game and then $400 dollars for a PS4 shortly after.

PS4 FTW!!!

#28 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (10171 posts) - - Show Bio

Tempted but I'm in no rush. Might wait for the price to drop or ask for it as a gift.

#29 Posted by AllStarSuperman (27443 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm literally going out and buying a X-box just to get this game because I dont usually play video games... but when i saw the 17 minute preview, I immediately decided I was going out and buying an X-box just to get this game... it looks so awesome!

This, except im a Play station guy, so ill get a PS3

#30 Posted by patrat18 (11589 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-ordered from the Amazonians a while back. I cannae wait.

#31 Posted by LCazT1996 (576 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah that's the one I picked. xD

#32 Edited by k4tzm4n (39501 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#33 Posted by SirMethos (1415 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-ordered it on Steam.

#34 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Ordered it back in May, so yes I'm buying it and can't wait!

#35 Posted by Bluefox170 (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Collectors edition. Couldn't pass up the assassin content among all the other cool stuff.

#36 Edited by The_Vein (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks just like Arkham City but with snow. It's not being developed by Rocksteady. No thanks. Maybe when it's 10 bucks on a steam sale, otherwise I'll wait for something new.

#37 Posted by RustyRoy (14938 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Edited by comicvine_is_jericho (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Launch day for me.

THis has been my most anticipated title since I beat Arkham City.

Although i am a bit dissapointed at the fact that thsi was supposed to be a silver age themed game with like Superman and green lantern and stuff remember? lol buti guess things change hopefully for the better :)

#39 Posted by iaconpoint (1382 posts) - - Show Bio

My old ps3 broke and I won't be able to get another until a couple of weeks after the game is released but I'm still getting my preorder.

#40 Posted by akbogert (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

Preordered it, and it shipped an hour or so ago.

Considering how common preordering is, I'm a little surprised it wasn't one of the options (since I'm not going to a midnight release... or going to a store at all).

#41 Posted by LCazT1996 (576 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by War Killer (20885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be picking it up sometime on launch day.

#43 Posted by staypuffed (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Busting out of my skin to get it. Pre-ordered the collector's edition.

#44 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (2084 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for reviews, trailers and cherry-picked gameplay can make anything seem good. It'll probably be awesome but I don't want to take a chance on wasting money.

#45 Posted by clumsyninja (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes...you can never get enough Batman. Unless is the Batfleck!

#46 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be picking up this as well as the Vita game. I was thinking of getting the portable version for 3DS instead, but that big beautiful Vita screen is just begging for a new game. Haven't played anything on Vita since MK9 and Persona Golden.

CAN'T WAIT!!! But I don't do midnight launches unless the letter G, T, and A are in the title or if it's a new Halo. I'm old and midnight is my nemesis. :P

#47 Edited by nappystr8 (1292 posts) - - Show Bio

Eventually...

#48 Edited by AmazingWebHead (6982 posts) - - Show Bio

You bet your ass!

#49 Posted by MuyJingo (2756 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to wait for the reviews.

The first game in the series was incredibly overrated, short and repetitive IMO. Second game was a lot of fun and very well done.

Now the 3rd game is being done by a different studio...although everything released fo far looks impressive.

#50 Posted by Kiltro95 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

What if your already Pre-Ordered off of amazon? 2-months ago