• 95 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) 4 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who Should Movie Thor Team-Up With? (313 votes)

Agent Phil Coulson 2%
Black Widow 1%
Captain America 10%
Drax 3%
Gamora 2%
Groot 3%
Hawkeye 5%
Heimdall 3%
Hulk 18%
Iron Man 8%
Iron Patriot 1%
Maria Hill 1%
Nick Fury 0%
Rocket Raccoon 11%
Sif 12%
Star-Lord 7%
Other (Specify Below) 14%

Thor: The Dark World's blu-ray/DVD is now available to purchase in stores and, even if the sales aren't worthy of a God, it's already been confirmed that the Son of Odin will get a third movie. We could speculate all day about which villain they'll pick or what story it'll be inspired by, but no, we'd much rather think of something way more fun than that. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is now populated with quite a few characters and we thought it would be pretty enjoyable to discuss who the Avenger should stand side-by-side with during his next adventure. I mean, who doesn't love a good team-up? Will you pick one of his fellow Avengers or does another character seem more appealing to you? We've added quite a few to the poll, so get your vote on!

After you vote, be sure to tell us why the character earned your support. Do you think they'd get along and have an awesomely badass team-up? Do you think it would be amusing because their personalities would clash? Don't be shy, let us know. You have until Thursday morning (ET) to cast your vote and elaborate. After that, an updated article will hit the homepage, so be sure to check back then!

#1 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14708 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Sif. Both her and the Warriors 3 were terribly underutilized in Thor 2. I want more of them.

#2 Posted by TommytheHitman (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye, He needs time to shine!

#3 Posted by westy206 (569 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules!!!!!!

Or Beta ray bill.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19516 posts) - - Show Bio

Maria Hill, she's pretty, but she needs to actually do something.

#5 Posted by nigravirum1 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

"Doth mother knoweth you weareth her drapes?" - duh! Iron man of course!

#6 Posted by KaliboooStew (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously??? Nobody wants to see Thor and Drax?

Two heavy hitters that could take on an army - count me in!

#7 Posted by tensor (3832 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange for me, this could be epic if done right.

#8 Edited by EnigmaLantern (707 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be original and say Sif, just because there's a hidden chemistry between them, somewhere. Even moreso if Sif was played by Natalie Portman, just because I think she's amazing. (Obviously I know Natalie Portman is playing as Jane Foster but I'm just being hypothetical)

#9 Posted by leokearon (1751 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Sexy Sif!

#10 Posted by LCazT1996 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously??? Nobody wants to see Thor and Drax?

Two heavy hitters that could take on an army - count me in!

My thoughts exactly!!

#11 Posted by Stefano (334 posts) - - Show Bio

beta ray bill!!!!!!!!!

#12 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11417 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#13 Posted by KingAres109 (1226 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc..Everyone on that list is a joke or boring..My personal opinion of course.

#14 Posted by Batman404 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Aries or Hercules. Clash of the egos then they battle against the Wrecking Crew.

#15 Edited by Lvenger (17876 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk needs some screen time and the banter Thor and he had on screen could rival the hilarity of the Thor and Hulk exchanges Waid delivered in the Gods and Monsters arc. Plus seeing Hulk fight Asgardian monsters and creatures would be a real treat and give Hulk the screen time he deserves.

#16 Posted by Z3RO180 (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked other because of one little character who everyone loves, He is Beta Ray Bill. Bill is not just Thor with a horse head he is every bit the warrior that Thor plus he is a cosmic hero.

#17 Posted by Krypton-115 (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Oof, so many great options. I loved the chemistry between Thor and Hulk in The Avengers, and after that one little cameo of Captain America in Thor: The Dark World I could only imagine how a Thor/Cap team up would be. But I gotta go with Iron Man, he brings his technology, smarts and humor to the team-up. Just imagine a smart billionaire in the most advanced weapon on earth with an alien who has the power of a demigod. Your argument is invalid.

#18 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Sif!

#19 Posted by judasnixon (6092 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by iaconpoint (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Bill for his power or Cap since Thor respects him more than anyone else alive or dead.

#21 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill a thousand times, Beta Ray Bill!

#22 Edited by LightPsyche (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm torn between Hulk and Captain America...but I rolled with Hulk.

#23 Posted by calibretto23 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Beta Ray Bill... He needs a cameo in Guardians so bad...

#24 Posted by CF12793 (2877 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Hulk. to me it seems like the only team up that makes sense. Odds are him and the Hulk aren't too different when it comes to battle strategies

#25 Posted by CommanderShiro (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill gets my vote.

#26 Posted by MaccyD (3394 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose Other: Ant-man! Since he's be existing in the MU by the time of thor, he needs all the exposure he can get to make up for his absence.

#27 Posted by dmessmer (356 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard the Duck is really the only choice.

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32138 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket obviously

#29 Edited by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, if you're going to vote other, make sure it's character who is at least confirmed to appear in the Marvel Cinematic U. If anyone was fair game, the list would have included a few choices like that. I thought that should have been obviously enough...

Staff
#30 Edited by JediXMan (29286 posts) - - Show Bio

The Guardians in general, but I voted Drax.

#31 Posted by Army2442 (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc or bill.

#32 Posted by ShadowX (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to see Valkyrie introduced.

so either her or Sif.

Hercules or Hulk would be great too.

#33 Posted by PunyParker (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

SPIDER-MAN! (the answer to everything)

#34 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always found Thor a lot more interesting when he interacts and learns from humans. That's why I pick Hawkeye, I'm pretty sure Marvel's resident archer has a thing or two to teach Thor.

#35 Posted by Experio (13425 posts) - - Show Bio

Enchantress, I hope Thor dumps Jane in the process.

#36 Posted by RybackStun (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Beta Ray Bill or Spider-Man.

I'd also love to see Enchantress and Skurge shenanigans with Thor

#37 Posted by Jphu8414 (3104 posts) - - Show Bio

I would actually like to see him team up with someone new that is outside of the Avengers. Sif and the Guardians of the Galaxy are good candidates. I can actually already picture it right now lol

#38 Posted by Wolverine08 (38093 posts) - - Show Bio

I think either Star Lord or Hulk would have some funny reactions with Thor.

#39 Edited by k4tzm4n (36124 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Guys, if you're going to vote other, make sure it's character who is at least confirmed to appear in the Marvel Cinematic U. If anyone was fair game, the list would have included a few choices like that. I thought that should have been obviously enough...

Staff
#40 Posted by The Stegman (22751 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man. So much potential.

#41 Posted by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor and the entire Guardians of the Galaxy team.

#42 Posted by wundagoreborn (311 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more Sif.

#43 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (877 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say Loki but I guess they already teamed up in Thor 2. I say Hulk. I like how they acted towards one another in Avengers. Like buddies picking on one another

#44 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

ROCKET RACCOON!

#45 Posted by AirDave817 (805 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I would like to see Mark Ruffalo and Chris Hemsworth erase the memory of The Return of The Incredible Hulk. Where Don Blake is a slacker and cries "Odin!" to summon the Thunder God. That was a travesty. Funny, but wrong; very, very wrong. Especially the part where Blake and Thor bond by hitting a biker bar - really! - actually going into a biker bar and getting drunk and starting a fight! Genius. Uhhhhh, no.

Actually, I think a Thor-Iron Man film would be good. Or War Machine/Iron Patriot...

#46 Posted by Jayc1324 (8904 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted the hulk and because they are both powerhouses, had awesome interactions in the avengers, and because the hulk hasn't had a movie in six years and has not been pushed as much as the others.

#47 Posted by ImpurestCheese (4552 posts) - - Show Bio

Songbird LOL

#48 Posted by Xwraith (14563 posts) - - Show Bio

You can add me to the Beta Ray Bill brigade.

#49 Posted by frogjitsu (476 posts) - - Show Bio

I want some more Lady Sif.

#50 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova Prime would be cool as hell.