Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who's Your Favorite X-Men Character?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who's Your Favorite X-Men Character? (548 votes)

Angel 2%
Beast 3%
Colossus 5%
Cyclops 16%
Dazzler 0%
Emma Frost 1%
Gambit 7%
Havok 1%
Iceman 4%
Jean Grey 3%
Jubilee 1%
Kitty Pryde 6%
Magneto 8%
Nightcrawler 11%
Professor X 1%
Psylocke 4%
Rogue 3%
Storm 3%
Wolverine 12%
X-23 3%
Other (Specify below) 6%

When the X-Men made their debut back in 1963, Professor X's team consisted of only 5 characters: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, and Angel. Fast forward 51 years and the iconic team has expanded just a wee bit. Dozens upon dozens of characters have technically been part of the roster, and, seeing as the new X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer dropped this week, we want to know who your favorite X-Men character really is. Will it be one of the classics? Will Wolverine's popularity slice apart the competition? Or will it be a close race between quite a few of them? We want to hear from you, so gaze at the options above and then cast your vote!

We've added 20 X-Men to the list. Look, we know there's a whole lot of characters and it's possible your favorite might not be on there. So, instead of posting a generic "WHERE'S ___?" kind of comment, just go ahead and vote "other." After doing so, tell us who you have in mind and why you think they're more awesome than the 20 we've provided on the poll. Got it? Cool. As for the poll, voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET).

Thursday's updated article will not only have the poll results and explain why the winner deserves the praise, but it'll also include exceptional posts made for the winning character and, if possible, impressive posts for the runners ups, too! So, don't simply teleport away after casting your vote. Leap into the comments and explain why a certain mutant is receiving your support. After all, there's a chance it'll convince others to vote for the person and potentially get featured in Thursday's article.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday to see which X-Men character wins and if your post will be highlighted!

• 
hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@wolverine08: I'm not questioning anything. I'm simply scoffing at the predictable responses.

Muahaha >:D

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Magneto.

No Caption Provided

wundagoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

This one is SO UNBELIEVABLY HARD. It's really like a 7-way tie, but I ended up voting Fuzzy Elf.

Enderof295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Enderof295

I always liked Chamber. He was cool before all of the Clan Akkaba stuff, just a guy who had his jaw blown off by his power.

A close second is Synch, because of his potential abilities and his general good natured attitude towards life.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#105  Edited By SynCig

I gave my vote to Kitty but it is really close between her, Emma Frost, and Gambit

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By viin

This is tough...so many choices. I like Jean Grey, Beast, Storm, but Im gonna go with Nightcrawler. BAMF!

Psylocke and Bishop are up there too.

Azjenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Azjenco

I find Wolverine extremely overrated.

I'm not merely saying that to anger the Wolverine fans, as I'm sure they'll be growling in indignation that someone dared attack their favorite hero. This is not meant as an attack, I really just don't see what all the excitement surrounding him is about.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

always been my favorite.......................though I have others that I like very, very much...............

No Caption Provided

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TheBlackHood

@theblackhood said:

This was a really tough one for me. Magneto is my single favorite comic book character, period. However, when talking about my favorite "X-man" I think it really doesn't matter whether Magneto is on the team or on his own. I also used to love Psylocke but the way she has been written the last couple years like people by Aaron has left a bad taste in my mouth. Fantomax.... really, Elizabeth? So I had to vote for THE X-men. The person that makes the team and holds it down for what it really is: A rogue group of heroes fighting against the government as often as they fight villains. And that's Cyclops. Unlike some furry little sellouts, he doesn't like Fury's eyepatch or Cap's shield.

Cyclops was right!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What is it with Cyclop's extremists and this whole "sellout" shtick they keep passing on about Wolverine when they have problems with him being more popular than Scott? The biggest problem with the X-Men and Marvel Universe is the "us vs them" attitude mutants have. You either got to be completely anti human like Marvel has been pushing Cyclops towards to make him edgy, or if you work with others like Wolverine has, you're a sellout. That kind of logic led to crappy events like Avengers vs X-Men.

I like that you say "Cyclop's extremists" when you post an animation of Wolverine punching Cyclops. And to be fair, I started reading X-men in the mid-eighties when they were still outsider heroes fighting the government and with the general public believing they died after "Fall of the Mutants". Back then I actually liked Wolverine because he was used sparingly so his "rage" had more impact. Now he has been washed out like someone's favorite shirt they wear every other day. The X-men should be outsiders and mavericks, that is WHAT they represent, people on the fringe. They shouldn't be hanging out with the Avengers or doing jobs for SHIELD.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Wolverine008

@theblackhood:

I like that you say "Cyclop's extremists" when you post an animation of Wolverine punching Cyclops.

It's called a joke. I don't have to telegraph it.

And to be fair, I started reading X-men in the mid-eighties when they were still outsider heroes fighting the government and with the general public believing they died after "Fall of the Mutants". Back then I actually liked Wolverine because he was used sparingly so his "rage" had more impact. Now he has been washed out like someone's favorite shirt they wear every other day.

Well, you're going to have to write a letter to Marvel about that. The made the business decision to use Wolverine a lot because he makes money. It happens with every extremely popular superhero like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. More people like seeing Wolverine everywhere rather than sparingly like you want according to the numbers Marvel has, so things shall stay that way.

The X-men should be outsiders and mavericks, that is WHAT they represent, people on the fringe. They shouldn't be hanging out with the Avengers or doing jobs for SHIELD.

I understand that the X-Men are outsiders, what I was pointing out that your post represents is the gratuitous amounts of focus pushed on the outsider part of the X-Men to the point where it becomes eye roll worthy. Throwing around the word sellout because one feels like looking at both sides of things in the Marvel Universe in regards to the mutant situation like little kids in a playground fight, etc. that's the silliness that has become prevalent in current X-Men comics that is exemplified with your post.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BIG X-Men fan but I actually don't have a particular favorite X-Men.

BUT going with either Kitty or Nightcrawler.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By YoungJustice

Kitty has my vote, when they put me under the illusion she had died I almost cried IRL.

The only other time I have cried at a comic type thing previously is when Jean sacrificed herself in X-Men TAS, although I did recently cry at Damian Wayne's death.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote go for Nightcrawler :)

My second vote is Madrox, The Multiple-Man. Madrox is totally my favorite Mutant off all-time, but I don't see him as a real X-Men...

Third choice? [and first Female]: Kitty Pride! *_*

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@theblackhood:

And to be fair, I started reading X-men in the mid-eighties when they were still outsider heroes fighting the government and with the general public believing they died after "Fall of the Mutants". Back then I actually liked Wolverine because he was used sparingly so his "rage" had more impact. Now he has been washed out like someone's favorite shirt they wear every other day.

Well, you're going to have to write a letter to Marvel about that. The made the business decision to use Wolverine a lot because he makes money. It happens with every extremely popular superhero like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, etc. More people like seeing Wolverine everywhere rather than sparingly like you want according to the numbers Marvel has, so things shall stay that way.

I believe the problem lies in the way Marvel uses Wolverine more than how often.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@theblackhood:

I believe the problem lies in the way Marvel uses Wolverine more than how often.

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been Psylocke ever since Uncanny X-Force.

It's a shame everything she's been in after that hasn't been as good.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was between Magneto and Gambit for me. Went with Magnus just because his powerset is un-f*cking-real and I've always found myself cheering for him

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#119  Edited By ChocolateFrogs

I had to go with Nightcrawler, but it was a tough choice between him and Gambit (and Kitty, of course :3 ). I have fond memories of Gambit from being 4 years old watching the cartoon, but Nightcrawler was so cool in X-Men: Evolution.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Park

@theblackhood said:

This was a really tough one for me. Magneto is my single favorite comic book character, period. However, when talking about my favorite "X-man" I think it really doesn't matter whether Magneto is on the team or on his own. I also used to love Psylocke but the way she has been written the last couple years like people by Aaron has left a bad taste in my mouth. Fantomax.... really, Elizabeth? So I had to vote for THE X-men. The person that makes the team and holds it down for what it really is: A rogue group of heroes fighting against the government as often as they fight villains. And that's Cyclops. Unlike some furry little sellouts, he doesn't like Fury's eyepatch or Cap's shield.

Cyclops was right!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What is it with Cyclop's extremists and this whole "sellout" shtick they keep passing on about Wolverine when they have problems with him being more popular than Scott? The biggest problem with the X-Men and Marvel Universe is the "us vs them" attitude mutants have. You either got to be completely anti human like Marvel has been pushing Cyclops towards to make him edgy, or if you work with others like Wolverine has, you're a sellout. That kind of logic led to crappy events like Avengers vs X-Men.

The biggest problem the X-men have is probably all those mutant killing robots that SHIELD has been stockpiling. Cyclops hasn't become anti-human, he's just doing what he believes he has to in order to protect mutants. He has shown he has no issue with open communication with either heroes or just regular people and is exhibiting one of the most publicly transparent super teams in the marvel universe using social media and public appearances to try to get his side of the story out. Wolverine's school makes no sense to me. He split from Cyclops to keep kids from being in danger but it seems like all they do is be put in constant peril. Still he's not a sellout just because he wants to work with the people who have created giant death robots with the sole purpose of killing mutants, he just wants to compromise with them.

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#121  Edited By MannEffest

This is becoming a Team Wolverine or Team Cyclops smack down…

So to remain civil, and give my favorite X-Man the respect he deserves, I went with the Blue Elf :p Nightcrawler FTW!

*bamf*

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Cyclops
Cyclops

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By IcePrince_X
No Caption Provided

Rachel Summers

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#124  Edited By ScrappyDont27

Colossus all the way

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Cyclops winning.

Surprised about Nightcrawler being equal to Wolverine. Also surprise to see Colossus so high.

This poll prove that Rogue, Storm, Jean Grey and Emma Frost really lost popularity in the past years. Just like Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Psylocke gain popularity. Gambit is still high, but he was way higher before.

Cyclops, Magneto and Wolverine were always top 5.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#126  Edited By DanialCarroll

Beast is my favourite, with Gambit a close second. They've been my favourites since the 90s cartoon.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

They're all awesome, Cyclops is just the best, though.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ComicStooge

So badass!

No Caption Provided
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Wolverine008
greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By greenlucario

Nightcrawler! And then Gambit.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ComicStooge
Cuboid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see Cyclops winning, though I voted Magneto.

Also love the Magik support in the comments.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Wolverine008

One of the most beautiful relationships in comics.

Loading Video...

Cyclops is so passionate!

ShockTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ShockTrooper

No Caption Provided

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops all the way.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By hart7668

I really don't like Cyclops. I think they're all just a bunch of whiney little biznitches. It's always, "we're being persecuted this" or "no one likes us that."

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

The best there is

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

I really don't like Cyclops. I think they're all just a bunch of whiney little biznitches. It's always, "we're being persecuted this" or "no one likes us that."

Wolverines take that persecution and turn it into badass rage!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

:p

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Wolverine008

@hart7668 said:

@wolverine08 said:

@hart7668 said:

:p

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

SNIKT!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Gracetrack

My favorite used to be Wolverine back in the 90's when the awesome X-Men animated series was still in its prime. Unfortunately, I have to admit that my love for the character has been stymied a bit over the years... probably due (in part) to his overuse in the movies at the expense of other proper character showings.

That being said, I had to vote Gambit. He was always a close #2 growing up, and I've come to appreciate the character even more over the years. He's just too cool, mysterious, and has that classic Han Solo charm when he's done right. (I think he has a great power set too.)

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By hart7668

I liked Cyclops from the 90s, but ever since, I dunno, Kieron Gillean, he just seemed to want to be a rogue state like him against the world. It always felt..unsettling.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Wolverine008

My favorite used to be Wolverine back in the 90's when the awesome X-Men animated series was still in its prime. Unfortunately, I have to admit that my love for the character has been stymied a bit over the years... probably due (in part) to his overuse in the movies at the expense of other proper character showings.

That being said, I had to vote Gambit. He was always a close #2 growing up, and I've come to appreciate the character even more over the years. He's just too cool, mysterious, and has that classic Han Solo charm when he's done right. (I think he has a great power set too.)

I wish Remy could get a consistent solo up and running. Dude is awesome when he gets the right attention. Also:

I will get you back into the Wolverine cause infidel!

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Violens

Longshot

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ComicStooge

@hart7668 said:

RACIST!

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Gracetrack

@wolverine08 said:

I wish Remy could get a consistent solo up and running. Dude is awesome when he gets the right attention. Also:

I will get you back into the Wolverine cause infidel!

I hear you, man. I hear you.

I did enjoy Asmus and Mann's run for the most part (I have the first 8-9 issues paperback), but it just didn't quite hit all the right notes to be a truly stellar series... which is probably why it was cancelled. It was just kind of "good but not great" most of the time.

Heh, yeah... I hope Marvel can somehow rediscover the awesomeness that was Wolverine back in the 90's. Not sure that's ever going to happen though. :)