This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 4 months, 4 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who's Your Favorite X-Men Character? (535 votes)

Angel 1%
Beast 3%
Colossus 5%
Cyclops 16%
Dazzler 0%
Emma Frost 1%
Gambit 7%
Havok 1%
Iceman 4%
Jean Grey 4%
Jubilee 1%
Kitty Pryde 6%
Magneto 8%
Nightcrawler 12%
Professor X 1%
Psylocke 4%
Rogue 3%
Storm 3%
Wolverine 12%
X-23 3%
Other (Specify below) 6%

When the X-Men made their debut back in 1963, Professor X's team consisted of only 5 characters: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, and Angel. Fast forward 51 years and the iconic team has expanded just a wee bit. Dozens upon dozens of characters have technically been part of the roster, and, seeing as the new X-Men: Days of Future Past trailer dropped this week, we want to know who your favorite X-Men character really is. Will it be one of the classics? Will Wolverine's popularity slice apart the competition? Or will it be a close race between quite a few of them? We want to hear from you, so gaze at the options above and then cast your vote!

We've added 20 X-Men to the list. Look, we know there's a whole lot of characters and it's possible your favorite might not be on there. So, instead of posting a generic "WHERE'S ___?" kind of comment, just go ahead and vote "other." After doing so, tell us who you have in mind and why you think they're more awesome than the 20 we've provided on the poll. Got it? Cool. As for the poll, voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET).

Thursday's updated article will not only have the poll results and explain why the winner deserves the praise, but it'll also include exceptional posts made for the winning character and, if possible, impressive posts for the runners ups, too! So, don't simply teleport away after casting your vote. Leap into the comments and explain why a certain mutant is receiving your support. After all, there's a chance it'll convince others to vote for the person and potentially get featured in Thursday's article.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday to see which X-Men character wins and if your post will be highlighted!

#1 Posted by Erik (31681 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 solos.

#2 Posted by Jphu8414 (3232 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto is a close 2nd but My favorite character related to the X-Men has always been Juggernaut. He's just that badass

#4 Posted by snarkybits (324 posts) - - Show Bio

BEAST!

#5 Posted by darkbeam (2155 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops of course.

#6 Posted by NoahMcnasty (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto, because he is the penultimate mutant.

#7 Edited by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

ik the popular vote is wolverine , so i went with second favorite:

#8 Edited by tejasclone (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Something about the pink-and-blue masked Archangel has always appealed to me.

#9 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1654 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine in the lead. Way to make FOX think they're doing it right. (Which they AREN'T!!!)

#10 Edited by jorok_goldblade (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Pulling for the fuzzy elf here.

#11 Edited by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

The Best There Is.

Surprised?

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine in the lead. Way to make FOX think they're doing it right. (Which they AREN'T!!!)

THEY ARE! :)

#13 Posted by Cloakx14 (2448 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Edited by judasnixon (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to go with the home team.....

#15 Edited by Renchamp (2289 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke.

Sexy. Intelligent. Powerful. Tragic.

#16 Edited by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

This is for all you Cyclops fans!

#17 Posted by LCazT1996 (521 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

It was between Cyclops and Magneto but I chose Magneto. I'm only a fan of post AvX Cyclops so Magneto wins.

#19 Posted by Lykida (181 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so hard. It really depends an the era. In the 90s when I started reading comics Cyclops was my favorite. Later Rogue became number one. When Emma became a core member of the team I was very attached to her (and still am). And then there's also Magneto...

But I think my all-time favorite X-Men is not even on the list. I really love Magik, because she is such an unusual character. Her power set is amazing and she was going through such an incredble metaphorphis from "Snowflake" to ruler of Limbo.

So, I voted for Cyke (mainly against Wolverine, because he's overated) but Illyana is my favorite^^

#20 Posted by Perfect 10 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

jean grey all the way. the first x-woman and the TRUE first x-man as professor x met her long before he met cyclops. she inspired him to open his school, without her there would be no x-men. sadly she doesnt get that respect she deserves.

#21 Posted by Overlander (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler & Cyclops, but I've always has more of a connection to the fuzzy elf.

#22 Posted by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykida said:

This is so hard. It really depends an the era. In the 90s when I started reading comics Cyclops was my favorite. Later Rogue became number one. When Emma became a core member of the team I was very attached to her (and still am). And then there's also Magneto...

But I think my all-time favorite X-Men is not even on the list. I really love Magik, because she is such an unusual character. Her power set is amazing and she was going through such an incredble metaphorphis from "Snowflake" to ruler of Limbo.

So, I voted for Cyke (mainly against Wolverine, because he's overated) but Illyana is my favorite^^

#23 Posted by Dstick88 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Was gambit or magneto for me. As a child Gambit was easily my favorite but i like the depth of magneto better

#24 Posted by RemiRose (8 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite X-men are Fantomex and Dr. Nemesis. I choose the answer: other.

#25 Posted by Peregrine (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey...hands down my favorite comic book character of all time

#26 Edited by comicbookfan93 (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Pyslocke, Gambit, Magik and Rogue are my top favourites

#27 Edited by SlamAdams (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Chose Other. If Deadpool counts, then Deadpool. If not, Madrox as a close second

#28 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. The ORIGINAL X-Man. The BEST X-Man. And the X-Man who has been plagued by horrible writing these past couple years. But he WILL over come. Just like he always does. Cyclops is my FAVORITE X-Man. He is a leader and a martyr. Without Cyclops, it is NOT the X-Men. He IS the X-Men.

#29 Posted by LaShrew (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman Voltron, enough said,

#30 Edited by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. The ORIGINAL X-Man. The BEST X-Man. And the X-Man who has been plagued by horrible writing these past couple years. But he WILL over come. Just like he always does. Cyclops is my FAVORITE X-Man. He is a leader and a martyr. Without Cyclops, it is NOT the X-Men. He IS the X-Men.

#31 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

nightcrawler but many of the X-men ladies come a close second.

#32 Posted by LiveForever (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to pick Cyclops but such a hard choice. Magneto, Beast, and Colossus all would've been comfortable choices.

#33 Posted by that_one_guy_at_the_comic_shop (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously its Wolverine, not only is he one of (if not the) most widely recognized members , but he's one of the only x-men, that really speaks of mutation. He's a savage creature, he evolves(as a mutant should) ,but not gracefully , its a pain ridden, disgusting process of change, that only a few could endure,dark humor surrounds this pointy haired, short, stubbled killer, he doesn't take crap, but one of his "friends" (wade wilson) is basically a massive crap producer! his personality is a popular one among comics as well. of all the x-men (and gosh darn there's a lot of them) he speaks out truer to his representation then any other to date.

#34 Edited by monsterduc (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Forge

#35 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11130 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

Touché Wolvie....touché

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THAT BASTARD CYCLOPS HAS THE LEAD!

#37 Posted by Jphu8414 (3232 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol are people just voting for Cyclops so they can spite @wolverine08?

....and Storm has no votes.....wat

#38 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20233 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (38888 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Edited by Grey56 (728 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable.

#41 Posted by Black_Arrow (2559 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#42 Posted by Captain13 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you not list Bishop?

Cyclops is a close second, but I had to go with "other."

#43 Posted by NukeA6 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty Pryde. Who knew a scared girl who can walk through walls would soon be more dangerous than Wolverine?

#44 Posted by k4tzm4n (36452 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you not read the article? :P

We've added 20 X-Men to the list. Look, we know there's a whole lot of characters and it's possible your favorite might not be on there. So, instead of posting a generic "WHERE'S ___?" kind of comment, just go ahead and vote "other." After doing so, tell us who you have in mind and why you think they're more awesome than the 20 we've provided on the poll. Got it? Cool.

Staff Online
#45 Posted by TheCannon (17942 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23

#46 Edited by Sawcesome (132 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no better, no truer, no more important X-Man than Cyclops. I even used him in a leadership paper I wrote for class one time. He’s tactical, powerful, and above all else, he strives for the survival of mutantkind nonstop. Sure, a lot of people think he went nutso during AvX, but I was team X-Men the whole time.

#47 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

It's out of wolverine and gambit...

i chose gambit

#48 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@captain13 said:

Why would you not read the article? :P

We've added 20 X-Men to the list. Look, we know there's a whole lot of characters and it's possible your favorite might not be on there. So, instead of posting a generic "WHERE'S ___?" kind of comment, just go ahead and vote "other." After doing so, tell us who you have in mind and why you think they're more awesome than the 20 we've provided on the poll. Got it? Cool.

BISHOP!!!

I voted Cyclops :D

#49 Edited by LegsMechanical (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Madrox (MadroxMadroxMadroxMadrox ...)

#50 Posted by Whirlwind_33 (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

It's between Cyclops, Iceman, Professor.X, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Gambit, and Beast. I chose Wolverine.