Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who's Your Favorite Robin?

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who's Your Favorite Robin? (544 votes)

Dick Grayson 33%
Jason Todd 11%
Time Drake 29%
Stephanie Brown 2%
Damian Wayne 22%
Carrie Kelley 2%

Six Robins enter, one Robin leaves as the winner. Unless there's a tie, then, well... two or more Robins can walk away! But hey, you get the point, right?

The Dark Knight has had several close allies over the years, but the various Robins have always held a particularly strong place in his heart. Five characters are well-known for stepping into the costume in the primary DC universe and one most definitely left an impact in Frank Miller'sThe Dark Knight Returns, but we want to know which one you -- yes, you -- like the most.

Dick? Jason? Stephanie? Carrie? Tim? Damian? YOU MUST CHOOSE!!!

Odds are many of you already have your mind made up on this one, but just to be safe, the poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). That way if you're not 100% certain on who's your #1 Robin, it'll grant you a little extra time to give it some proper thought. Or, if you don't like the way the poll is going, it gives you a little extra time to spread the word and cheerlead for the character you want to win. Also, don't simply cast your vote and then vanish like Batman. After selecting one of these characters, leap into the comments and tell us why the individual earned your support. If your post is awesome enough, there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's article. And, if that happens, we won't judge you if you want to print the article and stick it to your fridge.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday to see which Robin wins and whether your post will be highlighted!

• 
Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tim Drake. I was totally expecting Dick Grayson to be in the lead. I can't believe Tim is.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Man, you guys sure to love Time "the true Clock King" Drake!

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By asjmooney

This is so tough! Has to be Jason or Damien for me. I'll most likely vote for Jason just because I don't think he'll do very well in this.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think Gregg is trying to buy Damian some TIME and throw off the Tim Drake fans.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Damian.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@g_man said:

I think Gregg is trying to buy Damian some TIME and throw off the Tim Drake fans.

It backfired! I can't help but wonder if a couple votes went his way just because of the typo...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Tim. Dick may have been the original, but didn't really do anything before he became Nightwing. The others range from amusing to offensive non-options.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

none

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Dick Grayson is my favorite character of everyone here. However, I never really liked him as Robin and didnt come to love hos character until he became Nightwing. My favorite Robin is Tim Drake. He was, and is, the only one who ever seemed to be near Batman's level of intuition and detective skills. Hell, he deduced Bruce Wayne is Batman. He idolized the Bat and wanted to be like him. Drake gets my vote.

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By eldestrisk

I like Dick and Tim better as characters. But Damian gets my vote, as Robin he was constantly interesting.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It was tough choosing between Tim and Damian

But I chose Tim, he is the quintessential Robin for me

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Grayson's cool as Nightwing.

Jason Todd's totally Red Hood.

Damian as the son of Batman is badass.

Stephanie Brown should be Batgirl. Her or Cassandra Cain.

Barbara Gordon should be Oracle.

Carrie Kelley was perfect in the Miller story.

But Tim Drake is the best Robin.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While I'd love to see Steph or Carrie as Robin at some point, my fav is Damian.

SlamAdams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

Tim Drake is definitely my favorite. I really like Grayson too, but I prefer his tenure as Nightwing than Robin.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake. All the way.

Aside from being my favorite, he's the "definitive Robin" for me.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Baskin Robin

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n:

The poll has a new Robin called Time Drake in it :D

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've liked all the Robin's since I started reading comics. There's no real "loser" here but Nightwing is the man, Red Hood rocks, Red Robin is pretty sick, poor Damien, and the ladies always rocked too.

detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By detective38

All these other robins only exist from the archeytpe that was created by Dick Grayson. Golden and silver age batman would not have been remotely the same without the original boy wonder especially without great stories like "Robin dies at dawn". Dick Grayson is the epitomy of what it is to be raised up a hero and become one of the best. Batman and all of DC comics would not be tge same today without the influence of the first and best robin.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Damian Wayne. For the longest time I thought Dick Grayson would always be my number one but Damian proved me wrong. He is just too awesome.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#72  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Tim Drake. I grew up with him, he made being Robin be cool. He has my favorite version of the Robin origin, he had the best costumes, he led my favorite version of the Teen Titans as well as Young Justice,he's really one of the nicest guys there is and one of the smartest members of the bat-family. There's more but I don't feel like listing it all.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet 80% of the people voting Dick Grayson have never even read a comic with him as Robin.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough one.Dick is an icon. The first sidekick ever. A great Robin. He set the standard for all sidekicks. He was the First hero we saw grow up. But man Tim drake sure stood out from the other Robins. He wasn't defined by his role as sidekick or Batman The Way The Others Are. He's the best Robin.

But Dick may be the best hero there is, but that's for another day.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I vote for Stephanie, more so because of the missed opportunity. If she hadn't been steered towards (yet another) comic book death, they might have actually broken some new ground with her.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer Jason mostly because of the character evolution since becoming redhood.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson easily gets my vote. To me, he's had more character growth out of any of the robins which is due to the advantage of having the longest publication history. His role as a sidekick is underrated by a lot of readers because they only remember the cheesy puns, but he's actually had a lot of moments where he shined as the boy wonder. Let's also not forget that as Robin, he was a founder of the original Teen Titans, a team whose legacy continues to be very well-known today. As Nightwing, Dick proved that a sidekick was capable of breaking free from the shadows of his mentor. The guy was skilled enough to clean up his own city while continuing helping out in Gotham as well as helping out with the Titans/Justice League. Then there's the fact that he was the obvious choice for becoming Batman after Bruce died, and he did a good job at carrying the mantle even after the latter returned. Team Grayson FTW!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Dick > Jason > Carrie

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Breadspread

Grayson.

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#80  Edited By Nightw BR

Tim and Dick both but since I couldn't vote for both, I voted for Tim, because I chose randomly, but for me out of the two its really really really hard. The characters are like children in a since, you like them equally and its really really hard to just choose one especially since for me Dick and Tim are two of my favorites in the DCU. Infact the past few months for me with Forever Evil have been very hard not knowing what is going to happen to Dick and worrying about how whatever happens to him will affect the Bat-Family. I was really worried about losing one of my faves. As much as I both hate and love to admit this though, I've been giving a thought about voting for Tim and I think I was right, because he is a really good detective, athletic, and really smart.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake no doubt, but Damian comes close second.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Alak

I'm genuinely surprised that Jason Todd doesn't have more votes. He seemed to have a huge surge of fans after picking up the whole Red Hood identity.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Had this question been asked who I thought was the "best" Robin, the answer would be Tim Drake. However, Dick Grayson has been, and continues to be, my favorite to don the tunic. He is neither the smartest, nor the strongest, of the Robins (I'd say Tim and Jason, respectively). However, he has an unwavering amount of charisma that makes him instantly likable. He was targeted for death by Dan Didio during Infinite Crisis because it would cause the greatest emotional impact both within the story and for fans. And now that he is again the target of a DC event - Forever Evil - fans have been pretty vocal about their thoughts at the notion of possibly losing Dick.

Like his mentor, he has connections with just about everyone. However, unlike his mentor, everyone seems to like him as a person. I bring up how well liked he is, not because of some wish-fulfillment to be well-liked myself, but because it easily paints a picture of who the character is. It's meaningless for Superman to think someone's an okay dude - he sees the good in everyone. But when Guy Gardner or Hal Jordan also think that, there's some weight behind it.

Dick is easily the most well-adjusted member of the Bat Family. To steal from another's sentiment, he is an everyman who walks among gods. He rose above tragedy to become a hero without losing his sense of what is right and, perhaps most importantly, his optimism. It is that optimism which truly sets him a part from the other Robins. Jason was (and at times continues to be) perpetually angry, Tim started optimistic but eventually fell down the rabbit hole of brooding (thanks to Identity Crisis). Stephanie was Robin for an hour. Damian had a fascinating character arc but was cut down before he could fully embrace the hero he'd become. Dick, meanwhile, has been optimistic from the start, providing a striking contrast to Batman during his tenure as Robin. It has only helped him stand apart from the other Bat Family characters when he struck out on his own. And that's why he's my favorite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8cea74082a2
deactivated-5a8cea74082a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Dick as Nightwing. He's so badass and shows that he doesn't always need to be in Batman's shadow.

But as Robin, I gotta go with Tim.

CrashBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I voted Dick Grayson, even though I like him best as Nightwing.

Same here pretty much. Kyle Higgins made me fall madly in love with Grayson. But I also adored him as Bats and I wish Morrison had kept that going for a lot longer.

josai21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim Drake as well. As others have said, Dick Grayson is amazing but Tim made the role his own. I cannot wait for Batman Eternal in hopes that his character will be retconned from the travesty of the N52 titans. Fingers crossed.

jorelliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-New52 Tim Drake. A very important distinction to make.

Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@k4tzm4n Doctor Who + Batman = the true Time Drake

arw1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By arw1985

I voted form some guy named Time Drake. I don't remember him at all. LOL

I voted for Tim because he was a different sort of Robin. Instead of becoming Robin because of tragedy, he became Robin because Bruce needed one. He also had his own book for a long time and was a part of one of my favorite Teen Titans iterations. Here's my ranking of the Robins:

1. Tim - just stated

2. Dick -

3. Damien

4. Jason

5. Stephanie Brown

6. Carrie Kelly

BraveKnight99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BraveKnight99

@gabranth said:

Damian Wayne...

See below...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Can you tell me where that's from?

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Time Drake" XDDDDDDDD *SNICKERS*

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

Stephanie Brown is pretty much the ONLY member of the Batman Family who hasn't become Dark and Brooding. Even though Nightwing makes tons of jokes, he's DEFINITELY not above some seriously heavy brooding. Steph is the only one left who still TRIES to be happy and upbeat, and it's not like she doesn't have as much reason to be dark and brooding as everyone else.

Red-X17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason all the way! Red Hood is a beast!!!

BalooMamalu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@xwraith: Dick Grayson is by far my favorite comics character, but I think of him as Nightwing and like him best in that role.

I went with Tim Drake as Robin

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By RustyRoy
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim drake. He was forced out. of the robin role because of that brat Damian and actually figured out bruce Wayne was batman. Plus he always gets the short end of the stick. I'm surprised he's even tied with dick right now. Also, Jason and Damian died, and dick quit.

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the best Robin, but Jason Todd is definitely my favorite. His backstory and on going journey as a vigilante found its way into my heart and he is just so badass.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Dick ftw!

(that's what she said)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dick Grayson for me, the fact that it's such a close contest between Dick and Tim doesn't surprise me. Dick was the original and arguably the most iconic Robin of them all and although most of his character growth came as Nightwing and Batman he's probably had the widest exposure in the various medias depicting Batman.

Tim was the Robin of the 90's when comics were experiencing their biggest boon and when a lot of the 20 and 30 something readers got into comics so he was the Robin they grew up with. It doesn't hurt that he acclimated to the role better than arguably any other Robin. I could see it going either way honestly.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tim for the win.