• 191 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) 6 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Who's Your Favorite Robin? (541 votes)

Dick Grayson 33%
Jason Todd 11%
Time Drake 30%
Stephanie Brown 2%
Damian Wayne 22%
Carrie Kelley 2%

Six Robins enter, one Robin leaves as the winner. Unless there's a tie, then, well... two or more Robins can walk away! But hey, you get the point, right?

The Dark Knight has had several close allies over the years, but the various Robins have always held a particularly strong place in his heart. Five characters are well-known for stepping into the costume in the primary DC universe and one most definitely left an impact in Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, but we want to know which one you -- yes, you -- like the most.

Dick? Jason? Stephanie? Carrie? Tim? Damian? YOU MUST CHOOSE!!!

Odds are many of you already have your mind made up on this one, but just to be safe, the poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). That way if you're not 100% certain on who's your #1 Robin, it'll grant you a little extra time to give it some proper thought. Or, if you don't like the way the poll is going, it gives you a little extra time to spread the word and cheerlead for the character you want to win. Also, don't simply cast your vote and then vanish like Batman. After selecting one of these characters, leap into the comments and tell us why the individual earned your support. If your post is awesome enough, there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's article. And, if that happens, we won't judge you if you want to print the article and stick it to your fridge.

Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday to see which Robin wins and whether your post will be highlighted!

#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anything else really need to be said?

#TeamDamian

Staff
#2 Posted by Xwraith (18201 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Dick Grayson, even though I like him best as Nightwing.

#3 Posted by Nahuel (391 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: for less, they killed Jason... Oh, wait.

I'll go for Jason, that's one tough Robin!

#4 Posted by impossibilly (886 posts) - - Show Bio

It's interesting, If this was asked to me 10 years ago, it would be a toss-up on who would get my vote between Tim, Dick and Stephanie (I'm a big Stephanie Brown fan). But after Damian took on the Robin mantle, he quickly became the ONLY Robin I wanted to read about. Damian Wayne gets my vote.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them?
BB

#6 Posted by NovemberHarris (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson, no contest for me :) I mean c'mon, Robin, Nightwing AND Batman, he took on some huge jobs and totally kicked ass whilst he was at it.

#7 Posted by Mapuia_Ralte (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok ok what the hell? Time Drake? Seriously? :P

Tim is definitely my favorite Robin. Intuitive, full of respect for Batman and his judgements, faithful and least cocky of the family while being enough of a smartass to not be labeled a boy scout. He's the rightful successor to Batman IMO.

#8 Posted by larfleeze1301 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian!

#9 Edited by IanPrime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be Stephanie.

#10 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

R.I.P

#11 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with the guy who actually had the common sense to figure out Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Who, post-crisis at least, was considered the greatest bo staff wielded on Earth. Including, Batman, Shiva, Deathstroke, all those dudes.

#12 Posted by chorvacommander (2 posts) - - Show Bio

No John Blake?

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, Dick Grayson and Jason Todd have always been better on their own (Nightwing and Red Hood respectively), Damian is okay..though I don't like him as much as some do. I like Steph more as Spoiler or Batgirl. And I just plain old don't like Carrie Kelly at all. So, my answer is Tim Drake. He can be funny when he needs to me, he can be serious, he's proven to be a good leader and teammate, he is the best detective out of them all imo, and I love how he actually...y'know, had a family, not an orphan like the previous Robins before him, makes for interesting stories seeing him balancing the two lives.

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (42255 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne.

#15 Edited by Wolverine08 (42255 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Wardishy (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n do we base this on who we liked the most in the Robin mantle? Or on who we like more as a character in general, regardless of whether their best developments were after they moved on?

Also, in tagging you I noticed that someone really has it out for you. Not sure if I'm amused or disturbed.

#17 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11592 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake!

#18 Edited by LiveForever (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Time Drake, or "Drake Time" if you will.

#19 Posted by Squalleon (4610 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

Time Drake, or "Drake Time" if you will.

Looks like someone had a John Travolta moment, lol.

And who the hell voted for Carrie???

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet 80% of the people voting Dick Grayson have never even read a comic with him as Robin.

#22 Posted by MasterBelmont (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian. When something needs to be done, he just does it. No irritating moral code getting in the way. All heroes should be willing to do whatever they need to get the job done, and Damian's just that.

#23 Posted by PowerHerc (84031 posts) - - Show Bio

Dick Grayson.

#24 Posted by havoc1201 (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim! And who the hell voted for Carrie Kelly worse robin in history I hate they brought her into the new 52

#25 Posted by Gabranth (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian Wayne...

See below...

#26 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim

#27 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Edited by Wolverine08 (42255 posts) - - Show Bio

"Time Drake"?

#29 Posted by CitizenJP (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian is probably my favorite Robin. As much as I love the others, and particularly Dick Grayson, he will always be Nightwing to me! I remember being kid and watching the Batman animated series and Dick finally appeared as Nightwing I remember I was blown away by how cool that was. I dunno, that's how I feel anyways. :)

#30 Edited by BlackSerenade83 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Dick. I like Jason as Red Hood but I really don't like him in his Robin days. I can't stand Stephanie and don't really like Damian either. I grew up with Tim as Robin and loved him in Teen Titans, but he's been partially ruined to me in the New 52. Carrie just really hasn't been around enough to make that much of an impact for me. Add in the fact that I've always loved Nightwing and grew up seeing him as Robin in things like Batman TAS and it's pretty easy for me to decide. Plus he was great as Robin, Nightwing and Batman. And he's just much more likable as a character.

#31 Edited by jstndmnd (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim all the way.

#32 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Dick Grayson. Can't believe that Time Drake is winning though.

#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) - - Show Bio

So yeah, "Time Drake" is obviously intended to be "Tim Drake."

Apologies :X

Staff
#34 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all these Robins, Dick Grayson is my favourite character without question. But that's because he evolved as a character and moved away from the Robin role, taking up his own mantle, identity and status as a hero when he became Nightwing. That's the definitive thing about Dick as a character. Damian is such a brilliant badass with some complex and emotional depth to his character.

But at the end of the day, the best Robin for me was Tim Drake. His unique desire to seek out Batman and assume the role of Robin was a fresh and innovative method of Batman gaining another Robin after what happened to Jason Todd. Tim made the Robin identity his own and increased his intellect, detective and leadership skills immeasurably under Batman's tutelage. He's funny whilst also being serious on and off the job. Tim Drake made for a refreshing kind of Robin. He had the skills to play the part whilst also balancing family life as well. So Tim gets my vote. I don't care about Stephanie Brown or Carrie Kelly and I HATE Jason Todd so none of them are earning my votes any time soon.

#35 Edited by ccraft (5270 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian, he would have made a great Batman, his future/elseworld version was badass.

I would like to see more of Carrie Kelly in the new 52.

#36 Posted by bladewolf (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, I voted for Jason Todd. Sue me.

#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardishy said:

@k4tzm4n do we base this on who we liked the most in the Robin mantle? Or on who we like more as a character in general, regardless of whether their best developments were after they moved on?

Also, in tagging you I noticed that someone really has it out for you. Not sure if I'm amused or disturbed.

Honestly, that's entirely up to you. Voting on what you thought of them as their time as Robin is preferred, but if you want to, you can obviously vote on where they afterwards since since their experiences as Robin obviously played a big role in who they became.

Also,

haters gonna hate animated GIF

Staff
#38 Posted by rmanthorp (42 posts) - - Show Bio
ALL DAY

#39 Posted by Jawshco (243 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Tim Drake. He had the longest and best Robin solo title ever. Robin was extremely uncool and hated until Tim took over. Tim's Robin changed everything about the way people looked at the character, and had the most interesting story that wasn't another Bruce clone.

Dick= Nightwing & Batman

Jason= Redhood

Steph= Spoiler

Carrie Kelly= Damian's Baby Sitter

Damian= Robin & Batman 666

Tim= Robin. Definitively.

#40 Posted by Wardishy (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: In that case, I think I have to go with Tim. Dick and Jason really came into their own as characters once they established their own identities, but in my opinion Tim's decision to go with Red Robin really says a lot to me about his relationship with Batman and the fact that he never really outgrew the role in the way Dick and Jason did (less relevant post-new 52, obviously, but screw continuity). Add to that him being the only Robin to have a solo ongoing as Robin and I think it speaks for itself.

As for Stephanie Brown, well, she was barely more of a Robin than Carrie Kelly was in my opinion. And while I do like Damian and find him an interesting character, I haven't known him long enough for him to be my favourite.

(+1000 points for the 'Dragons Forever .gif, by the way.)

#41 Posted by Phalcon05 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I bet 80% of people who visit a comic website and vote on a favorite character poll have read a batman comic with Dick Grayson as robin

#42 Posted by Wolverine08 (42255 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

So yeah, "Time Drake" is obviously intended to be "Tim Drake."

Apologies :X

You're not going to get off that easy!

#43 Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#44 Edited by viin (581 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jason Todd. A kid from the slums of Gotham becomes Batman's sidekick to fill the void of Dick Grayson to become filled with hate which leads to his death by one of Batmans arch enemies and then is brought back to life by another one of Batmans arch enemies and becomes a villain.

#45 Edited by Mapuia_Ralte (81 posts) - - Show Bio

#TeamDrake :D

#46 Edited by youknowwhattodo (1147 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake was the best Robin because he fit the role the best.

However Damian Wayne was pretty awesome too, especially when he was paired up with Dick Grayson.

#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by RustyRoy (12718 posts) - - Show Bio

Damian.

#49 Posted by TheBlackHood (341 posts) - - Show Bio

It has to be Tim Drake for me. I love that he was the only one to actively seek the role. Before Tim I hadn't really been a fan of DC but then his miniseries came out and I decided to take a chance on it as a starting point for reading Batman. Tim has been my favorite DC character since the beginning and I hope that he gets better treatment from the writers in the future.

#50 Posted by Gabranth (323 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackhood: Damian actively seeked the role as well. He believed it to be his birthright