Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Which DC Character Deserves a Feature Film?

• 158 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Which DC Character Deserves a Feature Film? (531 votes)

Aquaman 20%
Cyborg 1%
Flash 18%
Green Arrow 5%
Green Lantern 6%
Hawkgirl 1%
Martian Manhunter 8%
Wonder Woman 41%

DC and Warner Bros. are finally getting around to establishing a shared cinematic universe. It was quite a wait, but we're finally going to see SupermanandBatman together on the big screen. While that's obviously all kinds of exciting, we can't help but look beyond that as well. As we all know, there's so many more iconic characters who are worthy of not only appearing in a film, but also starring in one.

They're obviously aiming to boost Flash's popularity (Flashpoint was turned into an animated film, he's appearing in Arrow and later receiving his own pilot) and reports claim he's the next Justice Leaguer to get a film. However, is he the character you'd want to see for DC's next solo movie? If you were calling the shots, who would you push for and why?

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Who deserves that feature film and why? Who'd play as the lead? Would it be an origin story or continue a story from another movie? So on and so on. Make it awesome enough and we just may highlight it if it's about the poll's winner! Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

• 
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Out of this list, I would first go with Wonder Woman. Her appeal needs to be broadened to increase her fan base. A girl friend of mine, true story, said that she doesn't read comics because they seem tailored to men.....enter Wonder Woman.

My plan for DC's cinematic future would be something along these lines:

- MoS

- MoS 2 (Superman/Batman)

- Justice League

At this point DC will just go full force with their movies, releasing 2-3 a year:

- Batman

- Wonder Woman

- Green Lantern

- Aquaman

- Cyborg

- MoS 3 (MoS 2)

- Justice League 2 and so on.....

Avatar image for thelaughingfish
TheLaughingFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Booster Gold & Blue Beetle
that is all

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman. Because she can be a great source material. She's the second most interesting and important character in DC next to Batman. Important as in what stories she can offer. Great themes and stuff.

I would like DC to get someone like Nolan to make WW. When I mean like Nolan, I mean talented directors. Aronofsky, Nolan, and Paul T Anderson are three model directors I have in mind. Directors who have clear vision and artistic talent. Movies that will focus on story, theme, craftmanship, and vision above all else. I would love to see a diverse set of CBM. Not just dumb action-filled movies whose main purposes are to engage audiences to mindless action pieces. I love Marvel. All marvel movies are basically made for the average movie goers and for the entertainment for all. But shouldn't DC be more provocative in its approach? We already have the mindless action entertainment movies from Disney and Marvel. Do we really need to see it copy and pasted in Superman vs Batman (BTW if that is the title I am gonna flip out...)?i don't think so. So for the next few DC movies, we need some mature and serious movies. CBM movies will last longer this way too. And I think the best material to deliver such things outside of Batman and Superman is Wonder Woman. She is a big feminine figure. And I think feminism is out of hand nowadays and it's perhaps time to use Wonder Woman as a way of portraying equality, the way of the warrior, relatable events, old vs new, the new mythological approach with superheroes (something MoS should have been but effin failed at.... at least they tried), and perhaps introducing novel ideas in CBM movies like TDK did. Using Perez's and Azz's runs as inspirations are I think the best. They both used a lot of mythological themes, style, and stories at the same time writing incredible stories for Wonder Woman.

And DC in general should be focusing on the individual heroes as something more than just superheroes... Batman was more than just some guy in a costume. Superman is a god on Earth looking at Humanity as a stranger (best part of MoS that was never even developed >:[ !!!). And Wonder Woman should be something like a fish out water story but instead of just doing that she's questioning her old ways and the ways of "man" something that I really found interesting and fun to watch in Wonder Woman stories.

I want that Wonder Woman and DC. As a fan. I don't know if people here agree with me here but I really hope they do cus CBM really need some kind of diversity nowadays outside of being just mindless fun movies.

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonder Woman, followed by Aquaman.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By JuliusTakalua

BTW

As a big NEW GODS fan I would love to see some sort of respectful adaptation of the NEW GODS. That would be awesome. But the problem would be that it would only focus on Orion (cus he's awesome) and there's Thor already and it'll look like a Thor rip off... so..... probs never gonna happen

BUT if they do the title should be called The Dog of War (get it lol?). I would love to see Orion throw down on screen. show some unrestricted rage coming from Orion. No restraints. full on force!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

POOR Hawkgirl :( She's so underrated.

Any way Aquaman or Wonder Woman needs one ASAP!!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@patrat18 said:

Wonder Woman. DC needs their trinity.

Agreed. Although she's not one of my favorite characters, she's the one that deserves a film the most.

Gudvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer to see Flash or Aquaman (or even GL reboot) feature film, BUT Diana deserves her own chance to shine. Vote for her.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Black_Arrow

@thecannon said:

Wonder Woman.

Also, why are Cyborg, Hawkgirl, & Martian Manhunter here? There are several characters not listed that deserve films first (Static, Nightwing, Batwoman, The Question, etc.).

your opinion, Martian Manhunter is one of the big seven all the characters you named except Nightwing dont deserve a movie.

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

WW.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By SuperJedi17

Nightwing,with a character that's one of the oldest DC has in their pool of characters,Dick Grayson seems to get little respect,he's also the robin to leave(quit or fired,depending on continuity) and make his own name,in his own city,his way. And he's such a polar opposite from his mentor on personality,he's witty,upbeat and lively,while his adoptive father(again,depends on continuity) is cold,brooding and filled with sorrow. His movie would have elements of batman and spiderman,since that's kinda what Grayson as nightwing is,upbeat,but has a modus operandi similar,but not exatcly like his mentor. Having his own movie could also make for some terrific character moments,as Grayson get's close to people quite frequently,he'd also possibly be in bludhaven which is just close enough to gotham for maybe a cameo or two from bat girl,damina Wayne,or Tim drake,depending on the direction,and the continuity of the dcu movieverse. Dick Grayson is also a guy that,in my opinion at least,is just comedic gold,his quips are fun,his remarks timed perfectly(on a page at least) he's a justifiable character for moments of comedy without it going out of character. Also,since gray sons is a ladies man,he's not the worst looking guy in the world,but it wouldn't be so tough dragging a significant other to ones of these films if they saw someone,who was generally thought of as a attractive male,pretty boy or otherwise,of course the actor needs to play the part well,I'm just saying,Thor has Chris hemsworth......girls go nuts for that gu,non important. It could also show a few flashbacks in the movie(or even in the opening credits,similar to spider man 3) that show sometime of him as Robin, get fired/ quitting(ala "Old Wounds") though this would be tough since they'd have to get Ben in for what would essentially be a cameo when he plays the boss of the star character,guy's usually busy anyway.

Anyway,those are reason why I want dick Grayson to get his own nightwing movie,and why i think it could work in film. Also,I'd like a teen Titans movie......Booyah!!

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mtrakos

GL please followed by MM. Keep it cosmic.

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonder Woman

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115  Edited By Pokeysteve

Voted Flash.

Would have voted Wonder Woman but I have no faith that they'll nail it like they did Man of Steel. Took them that long to get him a good movie.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Hawkgirl, just because I felt she deserved the vote. In truth, other characters probably deserves a film more. But Hawkgirl definitely could use some more appreciation and screentime.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 the_red_viper  Moderator

Wonder Woman DESERVES a film more than anyone else on the list, but I'd be much more excited if an Aquaman film was announced, so I voted Aquaman.

On the other hand, GL's last movie had a teaser ending scene.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much all the other important characters other than Superman and Batman. Especially Wonder Woman.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

1. Aquaman

2. Wonder Woman

3. Flash

4. Green Lantern

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW. This was the easiest vote I've done on this website in weeks.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman for me; a film or trilogy based on his New 52 run would be amazing. I've never really cared much for Wonder Woman.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@captain13:

I agree with your last point about Marvel getting Captain Marvel and Panther on the screen before DC is likely to get Wonder Woman on there. DC appears to feel as though Wonder Woman can't sustain a movie alone, that she doesn't have the name-power. I don't know if that's really how they feel, but it seems that way. I like Marvel and DC equally, but Marvel is killing the movies vs DC. They are willing to branch out characters and even give lesser known ones some spotlight (Black Widow/Hawkeye). Not to mention that Marvel is going to have a movie featuring/starring a talking Raccoon and walking talking tree-man. Yet DC doesn't want to give Wonder Woman a try, I'm not sure why they think she'd fail alone.

Honestly, I'd love to see a Nightwing movie as he's one of my favorite DC characters, but I don't see that happening. Nor is he a voting option in the poll (damn you @k4tzm4n !).

UrbanChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need an Aquaman movie because for some reason whenever hes mentioned (to non comic book readers) they always think of the crappy superfriends aquaman and think hes a joke

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By NukeA6

Wonder Woman, for crying out loud. We should be having a third sequel coming up but Warner Bros was foolish enough to ditch Joss Whedon's script for a first movie so we got nothing. Imagine how successful Wonder Woman would have been in the comic industry if Whedon had his way.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Black Canary or Starfire. Just to be difficult.

I guess I'll vote Hawkgirl, since Flash has been shown some love recently.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By frogjitsu

@shika1dude: Marvel will release films for Captain Marvel and Black Panther before WB ever releases a Wonder Woman movie...

Pretty soon all the little girls will think of Captain Marvel as the main Female Superhero ibstead of Wonder Woman. Dollars to donuts. Just watch.

I thought Captain Marvel was the main female Super heroine. Who's this Wonder Woman you speak of? Is she like the female Wonder Man or something?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By deaditegonzo

Wonder Woman, and there is no other answer.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has to be Wonder Woman. She's part of the trinity and an important member of the DC Universe.

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a Hawkgirl film, Shayera Hol version, the movie starts on Thanagar with her and her people, and we see what got her to Earth.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman by far

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Flash

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

As long as there's no need to make it a trilogy then Wonder Woman. Unfortunately studios like to do things in three's which takes about seven years and asking a woman to put her life on hold for seven years is asking a lot.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

voting for wonder woman but i think aquaman, flash, martian manhunter, green lantern (that travesty doesnt count) all deserve movies. im used to seeing the story of hawkgirl as a byproduct of hawkman but it would be interesting to see their story unfold from her point of view

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash is my favorite character on the list so I went with him but I realize a iconic character like Wonder Woman could use a movie too and should've had one by now.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie:

I wonder why there never was a wonder woman film. Isn't it strange, that even nowadays that there are no super-heroine movies? It's time for DC and WB to seriously consider that. It's ambitious and novel to make a WW movie. And do you think there'll ever be another super-heroine movie after WW? how many iconic and relevant super-heroines are out there other than WW?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman for sure. I think it could be visually beautiful with Atlantis.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing,with a character that's one of the oldest DC has in their pool of characters,Dick Grayson seems to get little respect,he's also the robin to leave(quit or fired,depending on continuity) and make his own name,in his own city,his way. And he's such a polar opposite from his mentor on personality,he's witty,upbeat and lively,while his adoptive father(again,depends on continuity) is cold,brooding and filled with sorrow. His movie would have elements of batman and spiderman,since that's kinda what Grayson as nightwing is,upbeat,but has a modus operandi similar,but not exatcly like his mentor. Having his own movie could also make for some terrific character moments,as Grayson get's close to people quite frequently,he'd also possibly be in bludhaven which is just close enough to gotham for maybe a cameo or two from bat girl,damina Wayne,or Tim drake,depending on the direction,and the continuity of the dcu movieverse. Dick Grayson is also a guy that,in my opinion at least,is just comedic gold,his quips are fun,his remarks timed perfectly(on a page at least) he's a justifiable character for moments of comedy without it going out of character. Also,since gray sons is a ladies man,he's not the worst looking guy in the world,but it wouldn't be so tough dragging a significant other to ones of these films if they saw someone,who was generally thought of as a attractive male,pretty boy or otherwise,of course the actor needs to play the part well,I'm just saying,Thor has Chris hemsworth......girls go nuts for that gu,non important. It could also show a few flashbacks in the movie(or even in the opening credits,similar to spider man 3) that show sometime of him as Robin, get fired/ quitting(ala "Old Wounds") though this would be tough since they'd have to get Ben in for what would essentially be a cameo when he plays the boss of the star character,guy's usually busy anyway.

Anyway,those are reason why I want dick Grayson to get his own nightwing movie,and why i think it could work in film. Also,I'd like a teen Titans movie......Booyah!!

If WB continued with the Nolan-verse, I think I would agree with you. But it would've been a Grayson Batman (remember the time after Knightfall and after Final Crisis?) with it's own uniqueness coming from the prev. TDK movies and stuff.But I think it would be too confusing and annoying for the filmbuffs, film-goers, and critics (the general audience) since we have a new universe. It would be understood by us, the comic book people, but the general viewers would still go "wha... Huh?" even with all the flashbacks. The point is NOT trying to get people to UNDERSTAND the comic-verses but instead to like, enjoy, and delve into them. Remember, films are a different art than comics. the tools and techniques are VERY different. A great graphic novel that does what you said would be ... great. People will rate it highly and sh8t. but it won't necessarily work in a movie. It'll work in a graphic novel since we all generally KNOW who Nightwing is in the DCnU but it won't work a movie. The movie would be too much of a history lesson and, really, who wants that? it would be regarded as bad filmmaking for being this truncated 2 hour mess.

Before WB announced that the MoS-verse is NOT TDK-verse, I would have fully agreed with a sort of Nightwing movie. But now it's just impossible. Perhaps it's better to just use NW in Arrow or a new CW show.

PS what happened to that NightWing webisode series? did the kick-starter work? Are there any new episodes? It started off really good, it'd be a shame if it just ended with the first episode....

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

Wonder Woman of course. She needs a movie. I am not a huge fan of Wonder Woman, but she would be essential when making any DCU. My other choices would be the Flash and Martian Manhunter. I am a huge fan of both of those characters.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#139  Edited By nappystr8

Aquaman. Because his power set is the most unique. There really never has been a big budget merpeople movie to my knowledge.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

Aquaman or Wonder Woman would be nice.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman.

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though I understand the desire for an aquaman film I am scared it would turn into Waterworld 2. I'm not sure they can make it look good enough or realistic enough.

Kelevra216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose Martian Manhunter. There might be a disconnect/an identifiability problem being an extraterrestrial and because I really think they should start with an origin story with J'onn, even though I'm strong supporter of "rolling with it." But if they start with an origin story with J'onn the audience can develop a relationship with the J'onn and his tragedy. Different from Superman being an adult and witnessing it first hand.

After J'onn, I'm going to have to go with Wonder Woman, then The Flash and Aquaman.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not complete the Trinity already ? Wonder Woman then Aquaman and The Flash

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the changes to Aquaman's powers I would love to see a movie on him.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie:

I wonder why there never was a wonder woman film. Isn't it strange, that even nowadays that there are no super-heroine movies? It's time for DC and WB to seriously consider that. It's ambitious and novel to make a WW movie. And do you think there'll ever be another super-heroine movie after WW? how many iconic and relevant super-heroines are out there other than WW?

Well, they have tried to make Super-heroine movies. Catwoman, Supergirl, and Electra, for instance. It's just that they flopped, which is probably one of the reasons why DC is afraid to make another one.

Also, there's definitely the chance that we'll see another super-film with a female lead if DC bites the bullet and goes ahead with Wonder Woman.

Anthonior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First and foremost Wonder Woman

...then Flash (wich we'll see how it goes in the Arrow episodes and the possible pilot for his own show) then Aquaman and finally reboot Green Lantern if they are including him in the future Justice League movie.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#148 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@granitesoldier: Ha! I figured I'd leave all Batman/Superman related characters off this one and limit it to the characters who could build-up to a Justice League movie.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliustakalua said:

@battle_forum_junkie:

Well, they have tried to make Super-heroine movies. Catwoman, Supergirl, and Electra, for instance. It's just that they flopped, which is probably one of the reasons why DC is afraid to make another one.

Also, there's definitely the chance that we'll see another super-film with a female lead if DC bites the bullet and goes ahead with Wonder Woman.

Those movies flopped because they were bad movies, not because they had female leads.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gordyman: That's what I'm saying. There's definitely a chance to see another movie with a female lead, but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon if DC doesn't make a Wonder Woman movie. Not that no other female superhero could hold her own movie, but I don't think it would work if they tried with anyone else first.