Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: What's Your Favorite Comic Book Movie Reboot?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: What's Your Favorite Comic Book Movie Reboot? (404 votes)

The Amazing Spider-Man 11%
Batman Begins 37%
Captain America: The First Avenger 10%
Dredd 21%
Fantastic Four 0%
The Incredible Hulk 2%
Man of Steel 16%
The Punisher 1%
Punisher: War Zone 1%
Transformers 1%

Reboots are definitely not in short supply nowadays. Some do a brilliant job bringing a franchise back, while others...well, let's just be nice and say they fail to capture what makes the source material special. Later this year, we'll see a whole new approach to Godzilla and TMNT, but this week, RoboCop is coming back to theaters (check out our review HERE). So, let's be all kinds of topical and reflect on the comic book movie reboots we've watched over the last decade or so. We've placed ten of these films on the poll (we've added Transformers because of the epic animated movie) and your job is simple: pick your favorite one and, if you're up for it, tell us why the reboot rocks. Go on, get your vote on.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Two days should be enough time to rewatch a few of these movies if you really want to, right? Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday for the updated article. Not only will it contain the poll's results, but it'll also highlight some of the best posts Viners made about these movies. That could be you. Yes, you, so go make an awesome post about why you love one of these films!

• 
Opipop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait a second...I checked the % and it was 21%...I then voted for Dredd, obviously, no contest there...but the percentage is still 21%....what gives?...maybe I'm not the one percent after all :(

aquajeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd had it all.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Jonez_

Tie between MoS and CA. Begins is overrated.

Edit- Is War Zone any good? I haven't seen it yet.

Riksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to go with Dredd. Although the two Schumacher Batman films were bad, especially Batman and Robin, which was abysmal, and the Nolan trilogy, starting with Batman Begins was excellent, I'll still say Dredd. Batman started strong with the two Burton movies. But Dredd only had one film, the -95 Stallone film Judge Dredd, which was a total misfire, and portrayed the character wrong. Dredd, on the other hand, totally got the character. Dredd (2012) has excised the memory, or I would even say, the stigma, of the Stallone movie, made the franchise a lot of new fans and for Karl Urban too, some of which have even found the original comics because of the movie. The Caped Crusader already had a lot of fans. All they needed was a good movie. Even though Dredd, about a relatively obscure comic book character (outside of UK) that was better known from the bad Stallone movie than the comics, failed at the comics, now that more and more people have seen it, it is selling well on home media and the anticipation for a sequel is rising each day. It's the total opposite of how it was when people were expecting Dredd to be a total fiasco based on what they knew of the Stallone movie. From zero anticipation for Dredd to tremendous anticipation for a sequel. There's even a fan petition hosted by 2000 AD (publisher of Judge Dredd) and a facebook page called "Make a DREDD Sequel"! Some of the new fans are very enthusiastic, to say the least. Dredd has thoroughly revitalized the franchise. For that reason, my choice is Dredd.

MasterBelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MasterBelmont

Man of Steel for me. It's just (IMO) a great representation of Superman and how he would fit in the real world (not in a grounded-in-reality way, though. And thank goodness, because I can't stand that), has a great cast, Henry Cavill plays the most human Superman yet, and the action is freaking awesome. Runner-up is a tie between Captain America and Dredd.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Captain America needs more love.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I voted for Batman Begins since it help relaunched the Batman franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Nolans realistic take on Batman so I had to vote for Batman Begins. I do want to mention though that Dredd was an excellent movie that I very much enjoyed. If Batman Begins were not on the list I would have definitely gone with Dredd.