Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Next Batman Animated Movie You Want

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Next Batman Animated Movie You Want (298 votes)

A Lonely Place of Dying 0%
Battle for the Cowl 7%
Batman Incorporated 1%
Batman Reborn (1st Morrison Batman & Robin arc) 1%
Court of Owls 22%
Death of the Family 2%
Gotham by Gaslight 1%
Hush 19%
Knightfall 6%
No Man's Land 4%
Streets of Gotham 0%
Ten Nights of the Beast 0%
The Black Glove (Includes R.I.P.) 3%
The Black Mirror 2%
The Killing Joke 18%
The Long Halloween / Dark Victory 8%
Tower of Babel 1%
Venom 1%
Year 100 1%
Zero Year 1%
Other (Specify Below) 1%

When it comes to animated comic book movies, it's pretty reasonable to say DC is doing terrific work. They've offered more than a handful of classics and there's plenty that are all kinds of enjoyable, too. We all want to see different characters get their fifteen minutes of fame, but it's understandable that this lesser-known dude called "Batman" tends to get a lot of attention. Seriously, he's one of the most iconic characters in comic book history and he's been the subject of dozens of great stories.

This year, DC Animated will release two more Batman movies: Son of Batman and Assault on Arkham. However, we want to know which Batman storyline you want to see turned into an animated movie. If the story you love isn't on the poll, vote "other" and tell us which one you had in mind and why. Now go vote. It's what Batman would want you to do.

In case you somehow missed it, here's the trailer for Son of Batman.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you feel like going the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. What exactly is it about the specific story arc that makes you love it more than the others? If your post is awesome enough and about the poll's winning option, we just may highlight it in the updated feature.

• 
vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I voted for Death of the Family because the other day I began reading it and it was just absolutely amazing. It is easily one of the most terrifying Joker stories I have ever read so far. Also all of the other Bat-Family members have been established over time in other movies so it would make sense to do this movie. However, this was a tough decision because I would also like to see Knightfall and The Killing Joker made into movies as well. I especially want Knightfall so I can see the story of Batman getting broken by Bane done right instead of what TDKR gave us.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

aw i voted for court of owls but then i noticed hush...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Hush vs Knightfall for me. I say Hush.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would like to see the story of Nightwing. I want it to start off with Robin (Dick) on a mission with Bruce and quitting. I want to see a whole movie based off of this point in Dick's life

Loading Video...

If i had to pic one from the list above though it would probably be Hush

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#55  Edited By amazing_webhead

I was tempted to say Killing Joke or Hush, but I went with Knightfall

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I voted for the Owls, but anything that could put Cassie on screen

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#57  Edited By spidermonkey2099

1. No Man's Land

2. Killing Joke

3. Knightfall

4. Court of Owls

5. Long Halloween or Hush

Strelnikov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a perfect world The Cult and Year Two would at least be on this list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Picked Black glove because I just wanna see Batman wearing bright purple, red and yellow while talking to bat mite.

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By .Longshot.

I wanna see an adaptation of that one story where Batman had a goatee and a bow and everybody called him "Green Arrow". That'd be really cool to see animated.

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!!! The two I want to see the most are leading the pack! J/K I know this poll doesn't mean anything it's just nice to not be in the minority for once. I'll say though out of Hush and Court of Owls I'm leaning more towards the latter. I just think, if done right, it would provide us with a Batman animated movie in which we can have a "have our cake and eat it too" type of situation where we get a Batman centered movie that will also include the whole Bat-family as well (maybe even introduce my favorite member Batwing). For it to be done properly and have as much of the whole story included as possible I think it would be best done in two parts like Dark Knight Returns was.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hush.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By ComicStooge

Reborn!

Darwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Court of Owls

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So many to choose from. I ended going with Killing Joke, but it was hard. I think Long Halloween could be an incredible movie if done right. No Man Land and Knight fall could be interesting. Court of Owls doesn't really need a movie as it's to recent and was short unless they added Night of Owls as well. Hush I could see working, and there was actually plans to make one back around the time The Batman was on TV and The Batman vs. Dracula came out.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing Joke, Knightfall, or Hush. If I could vote more than once.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Azrael_Online

I'd love to see them do Knightfall, but done right, not like how they screwed up Superman Doomsday. If they did Knightfall at least half as good as they did the animated version of TDKR, that would be incredible since they actually stayed REALLY faithful to the book. It would be cool to see Bruce get beat by Bane, hand the mantle over to Jean Paul Valley, see him beat Bane, lose his mind and watch Bruce do his Rocky thing training himself back to full strength to reclaim the mantle. After that my choice would be Killing Joke, because Hamil doing the Joker one last time would be awesome.

Larbac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't deside between Hush or The Killing Joke. It took me a long while to make up my mind.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote went to Hush, it was too good to resist.

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#71  Edited By Nightw BR

I voted for Killing Joke, because Mark Hamill said he'd come back if they did that, but I'd also like to see Court of The Owls and Battle for The Cowl and then a movie with Dick Grayson as Batman.

@degraaf: I think that would be great we need a movie about Dick or even a TV series.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nigravirum1: No man's land would have to be an entire series, but yes, that would be amazing.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I heard that Jay Olivia is pushing for a Gotham by Gaslight, that would cool.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Battle for the Cowl would be epic!

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By asjmooney

Court of Owls all the way but they'd have to feature the best of the tie in titles as opposed to just the Batman stuff.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Court of Owls, baby! Loved that storyline, loved the fact that they are making some movies based after New 52 stuff.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Court of Owls is the one arc where Batman is truly tested and really brings the question of how well does he know Gotham.

Avatar image for thecoolestnerdd
TheCoolestNerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first reaction was Knightfall, which in my opinion is one of the must-read Batman stories, but then I realised that for an animated film, I should really go with something that couldn't be done justice in a live action format, and that is hands down No Man's Land, my favourite Batman arc yet, although the Alakham Asylum Deluxe Edition was the first comic I ever owned so that has a special place in my heart

Wilbertus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79  Edited By Wilbertus

Wow this is a hard one. Hush, Long Halloween, Killing Joke ... or perhaps Knightfall or A Lonely Place of Dying? .. I vote they make animated movies of all of these!