• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) 7 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Next Batman Animated Movie You Want (297 votes)

A Lonely Place of Dying 0%
Battle for the Cowl 7%
Batman Incorporated 1%
Batman Reborn (1st Morrison Batman & Robin arc) 1%
Court of Owls 23%
Death of the Family 2%
Gotham by Gaslight 1%
Hush 20%
Knightfall 6%
No Man's Land 4%
Streets of Gotham 0%
Ten Nights of the Beast 0%
The Black Glove (Includes R.I.P.) 3%
The Black Mirror 2%
The Killing Joke 18%
The Long Halloween / Dark Victory 8%
Tower of Babel 0%
Venom 1%
Year 100 1%
Zero Year 1%
Other (Specify Below) 1%

When it comes to animated comic book movies, it's pretty reasonable to say DC is doing terrific work. They've offered more than a handful of classics and there's plenty that are all kinds of enjoyable, too. We all want to see different characters get their fifteen minutes of fame, but it's understandable that this lesser-known dude called "Batman" tends to get a lot of attention. Seriously, he's one of the most iconic characters in comic book history and he's been the subject of dozens of great stories.

This year, DC Animated will release two more Batman movies: Son of Batman and Assault on Arkham. However, we want to know which Batman storyline you want to see turned into an animated movie. If the story you love isn't on the poll, vote "other" and tell us which one you had in mind and why. Now go vote. It's what Batman would want you to do.

In case you somehow missed it, here's the trailer for Son of Batman.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you feel like going the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. What exactly is it about the specific story arc that makes you love it more than the others? If your post is awesome enough and about the poll's winning option, we just may highlight it in the updated feature.

#1 Posted by bobgillinger (16 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the hardest decision I've ever made

#2 Posted by nigravirum1 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

No mans land would be an absolute dream come true...

#3 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

killing joke is like the best story ever why isnt that everyone's vote?

#4 Edited by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Doom was based on Tower of Babel.

#5 Edited by toplel (917 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, Court of Owls was pretty decent and would make for a decent adaptation as well, but really? Over all those other stories, one of which could give us Mark Hamill's last Joker?

#6 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, Court of Owls is a good story but so far from a classic. I think they should adapt the classics like Killing Joke, No Man's Land (maybe a 2 part movie, like Dark Knight Returns), Venom, Ten Nights of the Beast (this story needs adaptation, KGBeast is so underrated and not popular), Batman: The Cult (that would be awesome, a movie about breakin the dark knight's mind), Lonely Place of Dying (it would be awesome to see Tim introducted and grayson getting some attention), Knightfall or The Long Halloween. But my favorite would be Lonely Place of Dying (even when I voted for Ten Nights, didn't saw Lonely Place at first).

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Knightfall,The Killing Joke or Hush.Those three would be great.

#8 Posted by RedX17 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush, Court of Owls,and the killing joke are all awesome, but I had to pick battle for the cowl. It was the story that really got me addicted to Batman stores, and I love Jason Todd. Still, I hope all of the stories listed get a film, they are amazing.

#9 Posted by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so tired of court of owls...

#10 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush! :D

#11 Posted by The_Tree (7465 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Inc. would be really fun to see.

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (44234 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Doom was based on Tower of Babel.

Ha, slipped my mind because of how drastically different it was.

Staff
#13 Posted by JTKirk101 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of owls would be incredible, I want Killing joke as well, and almost as much.

#14 Posted by murderpool (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush is awesome!!!! Think of all the glorious cameos we would get from that.

#15 Posted by SynCig (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Court of Owls but I would love to see Black Mirror as well. Actually, I would love to see most of these turned into movies.

#16 Posted by Jonez120 (4330 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls would be great.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who voted that.

#17 Posted by The Stegman (24391 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked JL:Doom more than Tower of Babel.

Anyway, voted Long Halloween

#18 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8002 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide between Gotham by Gaslight, Hush and the Black Glove. I'm going to need some time to think on this one.

#19 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing joke or Court of owls. It'd be nice if they could get Conroy

#20 Posted by PunyParker (10952 posts) - - Show Bio

I am tired of saying the "Court of Owls" and the "Killing Joke" so for a change i'll say "Hush"

#21 Edited by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

KILLING JOKE NEEDS TO BE ADAPTED

Mark Hamill even said he'll do the voice!!!

#22 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Joke is one of my favs but so is hush and I've been begging for a Hush movie for so long and I will keep begging for it so Hush.

#23 Posted by Sawcesome (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'd love to see all of these get animated. But, I'd like to mention one that I think would be truly awesome, and it would also be a cool way to have a Batgirl movie at the same time: Thrillkiller. I'm having a lot of fun imagining how that world and the characters would look in animation.

#24 Posted by Jphu8414 (3731 posts) - - Show Bio

So...how about all of them :)

But if I could only choose five they'd be like this

1. Killing Joke

2. Court of Owls

3. Hush

4. Battle for the Cowl

5. Death of the Family

#25 Posted by The_Comebacks (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush or Battle for the Cowl are my top two choices. No Man's Land would be sweet too, but Graphic Audio already did an audio representation (which was fantastic, but that probably means no animated NML).

#26 Posted by RustyRoy (12718 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush or The Killing Joke from the list but seriously this one

#27 Edited by Nathaniel_Christopher (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

Knightfall

#28 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

The Long Halloween/ Dark Victory. As cool as Knightfall would be, they've already touched on a bunch of it in Dark Knight Rises. As much as that awful movie took away from that franchise, you had the breaking of the Bat, the origin of Bane, Bane taking over the city, Batman defeating him, and the emergence of Robin (it was Tim Drake in the book). I hated how that movie ruined the awesome trilogy that started with Batman Begins and the Dark Knight (in my top 5 favorite movies ever) and then DK Rises had to come and sh*t on the parade. I don't think I'll ever forgive Christopher Nolan. Sorry, thinking anything about that movie brings up some bad juju with me and makes me rant about it.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Knightfall, Hush and No Man's Land are on my list.

#30 Posted by LordoftheNorth (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a couple i want to say

A Lonely Place of Dying - the story that makes batman out to be wack job that needs some loser kid to make sure he dosnt kill anyone... ya no thank you

Battle for the Cowl - Bruce is the only Batman so no to this and the other Dick Batman stories

Court of Owls - it does have its flaws but its high action series so its great for animation than you add part when Batman is drugged and battered would be vey cool to see in animation so it gets my vote

Kiling Joke - i understand why peole voted for this but for animation it just dosnt work their really isnt any action the story is just to short

#31 Posted by conradoaccorsi (301 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so tired of court of owls...

high five, far overrated tought it's still good.

#32 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21867 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle for the Cowl or Batman Reborn, I like both Dick and Jason > Bruce.

#33 Posted by Wardishy (709 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure this will an unpopular opinion, but not only am I not that huge a fan of The Killing Joke, I don't think it would work as an animated feature either. It's not very long, and not much actually happens.

I voted The Black Mirror, because 1. it was my first Batman story I ever read, and 2. I think it would be incredible to see Dick as Batman. But I don't think that WB would go for a Dick-as-Batman story.

Other stories I think would be cool to see: Knightfall, Hush, Court of Owls, The Long Halloween.

#35 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8002 posts) - - Show Bio

I ended up voting for Long Halloween.

#36 Posted by fallbrigade (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw Court of Owls and almost picked that... then I saw Long Halloween/Dark Victory and I just had to vote for that. Both would be super awesome to see though. Just imagining them animated makes me happy.

#37 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Joke, Knightfall, or Hush. If I cpuld vote more than once.

#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24861 posts) - - Show Bio

@saren said:

Hush probably translates best, but only if they drop this irritating new anime-inspired style they've adopted.

I agree with this. But why are you not feeling the anime style animation?

#39 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6892 posts) - - Show Bio

owls

#40 Edited by Mangakid1995 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

The Long Halloween / Dark Victory, Batman Incorporated, Gotham by Gaslight, Zero Year, Hush, Knightfall, No Man's Land and Court/Night of Owls. But if I had to chose and I do because I can't pick multiple answers in this pole (unfortunately) I would have to go with the first Batman arc of the New 52 Court of Owls, this might be the best Batman story I have ever read and it needs the DC Animated treatment now please make it happen.

#41 Posted by Kuyamu (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of owls (awesome action sequences) -- Black Glove/R.I.P (A great way to open the way for...) -- Battle For the Cowl and Batman Reborn.

WB/DC gets to make money off us and we get sweet, sweet, entertainment off them. ^.^

#42 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna vote for Hush, but then I remembered Mark Hamill said he would voice The Joker if The Killing Joke was ever made, so Killing Joke got my vote.

#43 Posted by judasnixon (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Edited by Overlander (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Hush & Court of Owls definitely make sense.

#45 Posted by Dabee (2392 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke as an animated movie wouldn't make sense. They are made so that kids can watch them, and I don't see them making that... for kids...

#46 Posted by Cherly (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Knightfall, so much potential, plus it was the first Batman Graphic novel I read, really hope they do all of these though.

#47 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls is just too new and I can't see why people are voting for it.It would be better to see some classic story being portrayed and then the most recent ones like Court of Owls.

#48 Posted by viin (581 posts) - - Show Bio

Court of Owls

Killing Joke

The Man Who Laughs

#49 Posted by Cypher4 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a difficult choice. There are so many good ones. The Killing Joke, Knightfall (my pick), Battle for the Cowl, Batman Reborn. Unfortunately, I haven't read some of them, though No Man's Land is on my list next. Got the whole story, just haven't read it yet.

The Dark Knight Rises was a very, very loose adaptation of Knightfall (mostly just Bane coming to Gotham and breaking Bruce). I would love to see a faithful adaptation.

#50 Posted by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

I want "No Man's Land", but I don't want a movie; I want and epic mini/maxi series. That's the only way to do it justice.