Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Wolverine Story

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Wolverine Story (219 votes)

Astonishing X-Men 3%
Dark Phoenix Saga 2%
Days of Future Past 3%
Enemy of the State 10%
Fatal Attractions 3%
Get Mystique 1%
Kitty Pryde & Wolverine 1%
Madripoor Knights 0%
New X-Men 1%
Old Man Logan 32%
Origin 5%
Vicious Circle 0%
Uncanny X-Force 16%
Weapon X 5%
Wolverine 9%
Wolverine Origins 3%
Other (specify below) 7%

Since making his debut back in 1974 (INCREDIBLE HULK #180), James "Logan" Howlett has been the center of dozens of memorable stories. Now the famous X-Man has been stripped of his healing factor and is back with an all-new volume this Wednesday (by Paul Cornell and Ryan Stegman). To celebrate, we want everyone to take a trip down Logan's bloody and tragic memory lane. We all have several Wolverine stories that we love, but if you had to pick one, which would it be and why? We've added some of the classics to the poll, but if your top story isn't there, be sure to vote "other" and tell us what you had in mind. Go on and vote, bub. Oh, come on, we had to say "bub" at least once.

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Two days is more than enough to think about which Logan stories you adore the most or even reread some of 'em, yes? Check the homepage on Thursday for the results and more. In the meantime, get your elaboration on. Tell us why a certain story earned your vote and, if that story wins, it's very possible we'll highlight your post in the updated feature. Anyway, go vote!

• 
LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I loved loved lovedRemender's Uncanny X-Force. It might not be a 100% Logan story, but it's definitely my favorite story with him in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Uncanny X-Force. Not just my favorite Wolverine story, but my favorite mutant story.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: I voted for Old Man Logan. I just didn't see "Get Mystique" as a big character defining arc. It was a solid story but not anything special in my book.

Anyways, sweet Leo avatar/icon K4tz.

June'sVeryOwn

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DrLove

Old Man Logan

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Man Logan

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

I expected there to only be solo stories so I came here expecting to vote for Enemy of the State but then I saw Uncanny X-Force and the answer was clear. Remender's Uncanny X-Force is one of my favorite stories ever so it is clearly my favorite Wolverine story. He had a great handle on every one of those characters' voices and really built an incredibly captivating story from beginning to end.

Agreed. I just got volume 7 to complete the run, and re-reading the stuff with Daken... oh man it's so good.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fatal Attraction because Magneto has always known how to handle this Mary Sue. Or this: This might be the truest example of Wolverine as a character.

Loading Video...

That's great! I guess Wolverine would use guns, lol

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Man Logan. Why did they never make a sequel to this?!

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate wolverine for the very simply reason he's dead as a frigging door knob.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Weapon X was absolute ART

jjayduarte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jjayduarte

While I REALLY wanted to vote for Remenders Uncanny X-Force run, I had to go with Old Man Logan. It was a more about Wolverine .

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Admittedly I haven't read many solo Wolverine stories (though that changes next month when I get birthday money mwahaha) but I have read Old Man Logan and it was by far one of the best stories I've ever read in general. OML gets my vote.

SuperFan_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine by Claremont & Buscema which tell his first story in Madripoor its a great lil 80's comic where he's completely devoid of the X-Men. SNIKT

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clawfist said:

I think the whole Wolverine Goes to Hell storyline was my favorite.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OId Man Logan seems to be doing well.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By SavageDragon

Old Man Logan.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 juiceboks  Moderator

Origin for me. I never truly appreciated James as a character until I read that wonderful series.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Having a hard time choosing between Logan by Brian K. Vaughn, Wolverine by Chris Claremont, Origin by Paul Jenkins, Old Man Logan by Mark Millar, and Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith.

NO ENEMY OF THE STATE!!!!!!?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

Having a hard time choosing between Logan by Brian K. Vaughn, Wolverine by Chris Claremont, Origin by Paul Jenkins, Old Man Logan by Mark Millar, and Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith.

It doesn't really have the heartfelt character moments the other series I mentioned do. It is great for a representation of a dark, gritty Wolverine though. It succeeds wonderfully in that.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origin for me. I never truly appreciated James as a character until I read that wonderful series.

Despite all the b%tching Origin got for revealing James' mysterious past, Origin is undeniably a great, emotional story for Wolverine IMO.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

It doesn't really have the heartfelt character moments the other series I mentioned do. It is great for a representation of a dark, gritty Wolverine though. It succeeds wonderfully in that.

I chose it because The Gorgon.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

I chose it because The Gorgon.

Remember, his reign of jobbing soon begins!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

Despite all the b%tching Origin got for revealing James' mysterious past, Origin is undeniably a great, emotional story for Wolverine IMO.

I think that was my favorite part of the story to be honest. I didn't like how James had a vague origin story as I couldn't really understand him as a character(And thus..he was just a " grouchy furry guy with claws" to me). But as soon I got my hands on that arc, I realized how rough and complicated his past was and why he is the way he is today.

On a side note..what was the name of the arc where he loses his adamantium and has to go "retrain" himself with Master Po and Ogun? He also beats Shang Chi in three moves at some point or something along those lines.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Wolverine008

@juiceboks: Definitely agreed man. Origin really did give Wolverine a sweet backstory. It really made you emphatize with him in that such a nice kid had to toughen up when the world threw so much at him. As for you other question, I think you're referring to when Wolverine lost the adamantium skeleton during Fatal Attractions during the late 90s. His mutation started acting up faster with the adamantium impending him, and he started reverting to this more beast like state. He then trained with the Hand Leader Stick in issue 105 and 110 of Wolverine vol 2.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#75 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Very happy to see Old Man Logan is tearing up the poll.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 juiceboks  Moderator

@wolverine08 No doubt. I think he's gone through the most sh!t throughout his life than anyone else in Marvel with maybe a few exceptions..I just can't think of any atm.

And yea that's what it was. I was thinking about his training and the stories that expounded on that..but I couldn't name any at the time. Was there another one that was centered around that concept that I'm probably forgetting?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: You also have Manifest Destiny by Jason Aaron which chronicled James going back for a refresher course with Master Po, then you had him retraining with Silver Samurai during Origins, and he trained with Shang Chi during Origins and First Class. Flashbacks to his training with Ogun have also been shown during that Wolverine and Kitty Pryde mini series during the 80s.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Old man logan.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@wolverine08 Manifest Destiny! That's what I was forgetting. He goes back to Chinatown and finds that one of his many exs amassed an army of warriors including that one bald Akuma looking dude. At least that's what I remember of issue #2 (I think?). Preciate it man.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Wolverine008
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#81  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@irishx said:

Wolverine (1982)

Classic pick indeed. Can't go wrong with that one.

This.

I also enjoyed Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith and Old Man Logan.