• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (36473 posts) 5 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Wolverine Story (219 votes)

Astonishing X-Men 3%
Dark Phoenix Saga 2%
Days of Future Past 3%
Enemy of the State 10%
Fatal Attractions 3%
Get Mystique 1%
Kitty Pryde & Wolverine 1%
Madripoor Knights 0%
New X-Men 1%
Old Man Logan 32%
Origin 5%
Vicious Circle 0%
Uncanny X-Force 16%
Weapon X 5%
Wolverine 9%
Wolverine Origins 3%
Other (specify below) 7%

Since making his debut back in 1974 (INCREDIBLE HULK #180), James "Logan" Howlett has been the center of dozens of memorable stories. Now the famous X-Man has been stripped of his healing factor and is back with an all-new volume this Wednesday (by Paul Cornell and Ryan Stegman). To celebrate, we want everyone to take a trip down Logan's bloody and tragic memory lane. We all have several Wolverine stories that we love, but if you had to pick one, which would it be and why? We've added some of the classics to the poll, but if your top story isn't there, be sure to vote "other" and tell us what you had in mind. Go on and vote, bub. Oh, come on, we had to say "bub" at least once.

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Two days is more than enough to think about which Logan stories you adore the most or even reread some of 'em, yes? Check the homepage on Thursday for the results and more. In the meantime, get your elaboration on. Tell us why a certain story earned your vote and, if that story wins, it's very possible we'll highlight your post in the updated feature. Anyway, go vote!

#1 Posted by nigravirum1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Enemy of the state easy answer

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32909 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38958 posts) - - Show Bio

Having a hard time choosing between Logan by Brian K. Vaughn, Wolverine by Chris Claremont, Origin by Paul Jenkins, Old Man Logan by Mark Millar, and Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith.

#4 Posted by ClawFist (305 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the whole Wolverine Goes to Hell storyline was my favorite. So I voted Other.

#5 Posted by bobgillinger (11 posts) - - Show Bio

The marvel knights 3 part series called Logan.

#6 Edited by Billy Batson (57799 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine & Doop.

Astonishing X-Men and New X-Men aren't (Wolverine) stories.

BB

#7 Edited by k4tzm4n (36473 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

Wolverine & Doop.

Astonishing X-Men and New X-Men aren't (Wolverine) stories.

BB

*insert one of the gazillion "deal with it" memes here*

Also, both have votes. So, booyah.

Staff Online
#8 Posted by SynCig (392 posts) - - Show Bio

I expected there to only be solo stories so I came here expecting to vote for Enemy of the State but then I saw Uncanny X-Force and the answer was clear. Remender's Uncanny X-Force is one of my favorite stories ever so it is clearly my favorite Wolverine story. He had a great handle on every one of those characters' voices and really built an incredibly captivating story from beginning to end.

#9 Posted by The_Tree (7243 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan. Such a fun, off the wall book.

#10 Posted by manwithoutshame (630 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man in the Pit! Issue 56 form Jason Aaron and Howard Chaykin. Been my favorite ever since the first time I read it.

#11 Posted by Captain13 (3281 posts) - - Show Bio

I clicked "other" just to see the results.

#12 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

old man logan... because blind hawkeye and wolvie+cap's shield

#13 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

#14 Posted by RisingBean (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

By Wolverine, I assume you mean the old 82' limited series.

#15 Posted by Cap10nate (2160 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me realize how few X related titles I have read as compared to the rest of the Marvel U. Of these, I have only read Uncanny X-Force (my vote), Old Man Logan, Dark Phoenix, and Days of Future Past.

#16 Posted by blazinasian112 (895 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (38958 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by TheBlackHood (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatal Attraction because Magneto has always known how to handle this Mary Sue. Or this: This might be the truest example of Wolverine as a character.

#19 Edited by IrishX (2325 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Wolverine08 (38958 posts) - - Show Bio

@irishx said:

Wolverine (1982)

Classic pick indeed. Can't go wrong with that one.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (38958 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32909 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by leokearon (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Dead Yet by Ellis and Yu

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (36473 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course!

Staff Online
#25 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (38958 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: You bastard! Eh, it wasn't that bad. WWH did managed to give James one of his best durability feats there :)

#27 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: You bastard! Eh, it wasn't that bad. WWH did managed to give James one of his best durability feats there :)

Yeah losses can produce good feats, good to look on the bright side!

#28 Posted by NICKXH (224 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, it's either Enemy of the State or Uncanny X-Men. I see a lot of people have voted Old Man Logan. I don't understand why because I f**king hate that run. It is such a depressing book.

#29 Posted by Erik (31697 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: I'm only allowed to vote on one!? This is stupid! I hate you for making me choose!

#30 Posted by Eivion (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Right Red Hand

#31 Posted by k4tzm4n (36473 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#32 Edited by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say the Yost/Kyle run on X-Force. I felt nothing but sheer exuberance reading that title. Get Mystique and Killable are up there as well. Oh, and the Hulk vs. Wolverine animated feature. I love that movie.

As for Uncanny X-Force, it always seemed more of a Psylocke, Archangel, and Fantomex focused book, rather than a Wolverine book. Other than getting owned in the Dark Angel Saga, and killing Daken in the last arc, I can't think of any stand out Wolverine moments.

#33 Edited by AllStarSuperman (20323 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Old Man Logan. Such a fun, off the wall book.

considering I loved it, and I dont think I have ever read anything else.

#34 Posted by j4zzm4n88 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it has to be the Final Execution arc of Uncanny X-Force. Really gave me the feels. Felt so bad for Logan and I really sympathized with how heart rending his failure with Daken was.

#35 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

this isnt really fair. Because a lot of the stories up there arent wolverine stories. I voted old man logan even tho uncanny xforce is like the best run ever

#36 Posted by Novemberx2 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan all the way!

i also really enjoyed Bendis Ultimate X-Men arc where Wolverine is being hunted around new york by ex-weapon x guys with guns, it was a simple idea so well executed.

I don't class uncanny x-force as a great wolverine because wolverine was never the main focus of the story, it was always psylocke and fantomex, which is why the last arc feels odd with the focus on wolverine and his son.

#37 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really hard to pick between Wolverine by Claremont,Enemy of the State by Millar,Old Man Logan by Millar and Origin by Jenkins.

#38 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatal Attractions

#39 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily the Wolverine mini series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. After that I'd say the first 20 or so issues of Wolverine's first ongoing series, then Larry Hama's run on Wolverine, Greg Rucka's run, Wolverine and Kitty Pryde, and then Mark Millar's run.

I also really enjoyed Whedon's portrayal of him and his appearances in the X Force books he's been in, but I would agree with someone else that said those aren't really Wolverine stories so much as they are X-Men (or X-Force) stories.

#40 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the one where Wolverine goes "snikt snikt" and "raaahhhh". Such depth and wordplay!

Joking of course, for him being so popular I really haven't read much with him as there have been other X-Men I've preferred. I'm picking his guest appearance in the pages of Scarlet Spider, their chemistry was excellently written by Yost.

#41 Posted by Erik (31697 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:
@erik said:

@k4tzm4n: This is a great poll and I can't wait to pick just one story!

Thanks and you're welcome.

LOL

#42 Posted by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

Enemy of the state, but....I have Old Man Logan upstairs waiting for me to open it on my birthday next week...so my choice may change!

#43 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Old Man Logan. It's not only my favorite Wolverine story, it's my favorite Marvel story.

#44 Posted by RisingBean (3603 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@risingbean said:

Of course!

Good. Because even after all these years I think that this may still be best. Nostalgia be damned.

Rucka's run, the first year or so of the 88' series, Remender's X-Force are other stuff I really like too...

@nickxh said:

For me, it's either Enemy of the State or Uncanny X-Men. I see a lot of people have voted Old Man Logan. I don't understand why because I f**king hate that run. It is such a depressing book.

People like Old Man Logan for the same reasons they like Fallout games and the Walking Dead. Post apocalyptic is big.

#45 Posted by VoraciousSouls (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatal Attractions, really because of the aftermath, the first appearance of the bone claws was epic and goosebump worthy, and it really showed another side of logan.

#46 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

Very hard decision here. I ultimately chose Origin as that was a story that I had waited on for a very long time. Weapon X would be a very close second though.

#47 Posted by Timotheus316 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost went with Enemy....but Old Man Logan was so cool. Could easily be made into an animated movie and would be totally awesome on screen. The comic read like story boards anyway.

#48 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7594 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gone for Old Man Logan but it was so close between that and Barry Windsor Smith's Weapon X, absolutely love that book.

#49 Edited by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe, "Get Mystique" is a option but Wolverine Goes to Hell isn't. I don't consider, "Get Mystique" to be a character defining story arc.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#50 Posted by k4tzm4n (36473 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

I can't believe, "Get Mystique" is a option but Wolverine Goes to Hell isn't. I don't consider, "Get Mystique" to be a character defining story arc.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Really? That's something you can't believe? Just vote other and get it over with :P

Staff Online