• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) 4 months, 8 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Spider-Man Villain (393 votes)

Alistair Smythe 0%
Boomerang 1%
Carnage 6%
Chameleon 1%
Demogoblin 0%
Doctor Octopus 15%
Electro 1%
Green Goblin (Norman) 21%
Hammerhead 0%
Hobgoblin (Kingsley) 3%
Hydro-Man 0%
Jackal 0%
Kaine 1%
Kingpin 2%
Kraven 7%
Lizard 3%
Mister Negative 1%
Morlun 2%
Mysterio 5%
Rhino 1%
Sandman 1%
Scorpion 1%
Shocker 2%
Spot 0%
Tombstone 0%
Venom (Brock) 24%
Vulture 0%
Other (specify below) 0%

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has already released internationally and is quickly approaching here in the U.S. Not only is it featuring Electro, Harry Osborn, and Rhino, but we also know Sony will tease quite a few more villains and eventually create a Sinister Six movie. Spider-Man has a plethora of awesome villains in his gallery, but this week, we want to know which one is your favorite. Will Green Goblin or Venom dominate the poll or will another enemy sneak by and take a majority of the votes?

Voting will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). After you vote for your favorite fiend, jump into the comments and tell us why the character has earned your praise. If your post is excellent enough, there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's article. Well, what are you waiting for? Go vote!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is directed by Marc Webb and opens May 2 in the U.S. Be sure to check the homepage on Thursday for an updated results article!

#1 Edited by Wolverine08 (41164 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16818 posts) - - Show Bio

Every story that features Kraven or the Kravenoff family in my opinion is good and some of them are great. Can't say the same about any other Spider villain.

#3 Posted by RustyRoy (12018 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Ock

#4 Edited by Perethorn (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Experio (15400 posts) - - Show Bio

Shocker

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (57957 posts) - - Show Bio

Loop-di-loop gives Vulture the win.

BB

#7 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (13759 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Goblin

#8 Edited by k4tzm4n (40826 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#9 Posted by tparks (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven. It's awesome seeing a villain who physically has no business fighting Spider-Man, and seeing him get the upper-hand.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33064 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman Osborn, with Electro and Kraven close behind. Osborn has been causing a lot of havoc in Peter's ( Along with Otto recently) life since the 60's till today.

#12 Posted by DoctorThomasElliot (271 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always had a soft spot for the hobgoblin. Gonna give it to him. Sorry Kraven.

#13 Edited by Mrgreenlantern (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven has proven time and time again how much of a threat he is to the family of spiders my vote goes that way

EDIT: I gotta just say I do love some hobgoblin from time to time

#14 Posted by Wardishy (665 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to read any of the great Kraven stories people talk about so I can't comment on him.

Until recently I would have definitely said Venom, but the recent Doc Ock stories by Dan Slott up in Amazing right up until Superior have given me pause for thought. Killing Spider-Man and taking over his body kind of tops most other things...

#15 Posted by Omnicrono (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Venom kinda guy, myself. Always have been, probably always will be.

#16 Posted by SuperStar_sketcher (1423 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman osborn

#17 Edited by nightwingnerd (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the, "Master of the Arcane Odds" of course.

#18 Edited by Farkam (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard, Mysterio, Jackal, Grizzly, Shocker and Spot.

#19 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

My inner child will not let me vote for anyone who isn't Venom.

#20 Posted by Tohoma (1410 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom

#21 Posted by BeaconofStrength (5220 posts) - - Show Bio

Boomerang, due to Superior Foes of Spiderman.

#22 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Love all the spidey villains but I've always had a soft spot for Lizard :)

#23 Edited by theodixon9 (542 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really difficult to pick but I've voted Carnage. He may be a more recent villain but I think every hero needs that one villain who kills for the sheer fun of it, that one villain who needs to be stopped or people will die. Carnage is that villain. And he does psychopath better than many other bad guys, plus he's got cool powers. Cletus Kasady is a good nemesis without the symbiote, add Carnage and you get my favourite Spider-Man villain.

#24 Edited by Strider92 (16290 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by butters911 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Chameleon. Ive always loved him.

#26 Posted by kpung (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Very tough choice but I've got a soft spot for Scorpion.

#27 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Norman Goblin, but Ocks cool too. I have to say though, I was never impressed with Spideys villains. I dislike that recurring animal theme so many of them have and that so many of them are scientists.

#28 Posted by General_Pandemonium (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom, always Venom.

I think Spot's cool as well. Always loved his costume and his powers.

#29 Posted by Jphu8414 (3612 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough one but I think I will go with Doc Oc, with Green Goblin, Venom, and Mysterio pretty close behind.

I mean he managed to actually kill Spider-Man and take over his body, what other villain on this list can say that?

#30 Posted by The_Comebacks (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't go wrong with Spidy's big Three-Goblin, Doc-Oc, and Venom. I choose Venom by an inch.

#31 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

There is most certainly no shortage of great villains for Spidey, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Kaine, Jackal, Hobgoblin (both). All greats. I based my vote on who was truly the greatest villain as it relates to Peter/Spider-Man. No one else has had the impact on Parker's life that Norman has. Not even close. He is truly a horrible person and Spider-Man's greatest villain.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (41164 posts) - - Show Bio

@jphu8414 said:

Tough one but I think I will go with Doc Oc, with Green Goblin, Venom, and Mysterio pretty close behind.

I mean he managed to actually kill Spider-Man and take over his body, what other villain on this list can say that?

Well, Kraven did manage to one up Peter and put him on the shelf temporarily while being him during Kraven's Last Hunt.

Mother Russia prevails as per usual!

#33 Edited by jwalser3 (4900 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (41164 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by G_leno (991 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by AmazingWebHead (1859 posts) - - Show Bio

Like it's even a contest?

I mean, Venom is awesome, and all, but how much of an actual threat he is is way to inconsistent. One minute he's badass, the next he's practically c-list fodder, etc.

#37 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Lizard as i believe he was the first foe in a Spidey comic i bought many moons ago & have a soft spot for the character ever since :)

#38 Edited by Darkseid_Prime (169 posts) - - Show Bio
McFarlane + Venom = Winning

#39 Posted by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard was my childhood favorite. However Kaine and his recent redemption and transformation nto scarlet spider is awesome plus he can control spiders is awesome.

If Black Cat was on the list I would have voted for her, but I guess she stretches the line too more anti-hero/hero than the otherz

#40 Posted by Bezza (3522 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta be Green Goblin for me, he is Marvel's "Joker", one of the most iconic villains of all time. After him, I love the Sandman who hasn't got any votes.

#41 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh. I truly hope Doc Ock doesn't stay ahead of Norman. Don't get me wrong, Doc's a good villain, but the Spock thing has to get him demoted IMHO.

#42 Posted by Batman404 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Hypno-Hustler, nuff said.

#43 Posted by CaptainHoopla (989 posts) - - Show Bio

All of the Superior Foes of Spider-Man are now my favorites. Boomerang, Shocker, Speed Demon, Overdrive, and Beetle. What an awesome Sinister Six.

#44 Edited by greenlucario (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! How do you pick a favorite from one of the greatest rogues galleries in all of comics? If it were who is the best/greatest Spidey villain the answer is clearly Norman as the Green Goblin. But for a favorite? Gotta go with.... Lizard. He's been my favorite since the old 90's Spidey series. What's not to love about a tragic character who mutates into a giant green lizard in a labcoat? Although Hobgoblin (Kingsley) and Carnage do come in a close second and third respectively.

#45 Posted by Skyfire (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom wins. Sometimes I like him more than Spider-man himself.

#46 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spot........Not!

#47 Posted by MasterBelmont (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Lizard for me. Liked him since the 90s show. Screw Sony for what they did to him.

#48 Posted by DatHomieSilverSurfer (217 posts) - - Show Bio

kingsley is just so... classy. Something Green Goblin seems to lack.

#49 Posted by powerplay (106 posts) - - Show Bio

The lizard is my favorite. Not the terrible version in the last movie. I mean the tortured man trapped in the body of an absolute monster. He is like the Hulk if Hulk actually killed people. I dare you not to have fun while watching this:

#50 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite the sausage fest. Spidey could use a more notorious female villain, I'd say.

My vote goes to Kraven. Though Venom is pretty darn cool as well.