This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 3 months, 6 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Moon Knight Artist (97 votes)

Al Milgrom 0%
Alex Maleev 13%
Bill Sienkiewicz 24%
Bo Hampton 0%
Bong Dazo 0%
David Finch 23%
Declan Shalvey 24%
Don Perlin 0%
Gary Kwapisz 0%
James Fry III 0%
Jefte Palo 0%
Jerome Opena 6%
Mark Texeira 5%
Mico Suayan 0%
Mike Deodato Jr 2%
Ron Garney 1%
Sal Velluto 0%
Stephen Platt 1%
Other (Specify Below) 1%

Moon Knight Month continues! The Marvel anti-hero has been appearing in comics since 1975 and, since then, dozens of talented artists have brought the character to life in the pages of various volumes. This week, we want you to reflect on all of the talented people that have played a part in crafting Moon Knight's many adventures. We know it won't be an easy decision to make, but we want you to pick a favorite artist! Will you side with the talent behind a classic book or has one of the modern volumes won you over?

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET), so that means there's no need to make up your mind just yet! Sure, you may have a favorite in mind, but if you haven't seen some of the work by the other artists on the list, we strongly encourage you to check out their work (click the names below to teleport to their pages). Once you've given it a proper amount of thought, cast your vote and then tell us below why a certain artist received your love. If you want to go the extra mile, post your favorite Moon Knight picture they made, too! So, who will it be, Viners? The winner will be announced on Thursday!

Here's the options on the poll. Again, you can click their names to see samples of their work.

Feel free to share future question ideas in the comments below or via Twitter! Want to continue celebrating Moon Knight? We've posted his Best Covers, Best Battles, he's currently fighting Black Canary (vote here!), and his Must Read Stories will be posted on Friday.

#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, this is hard

#2 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, this is hard

Seriously.

I was between Finch and Shalvey, but went with Shalvey in the end.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Damn, this is hard

Seriously.

I was between Finch and Shalvey, but went with Shalvey in the end.

Went went with Sienkiewicz

#4 Posted by i_dont_like_comics (770 posts) - - Show Bio

finch. so easy.

#5 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14590 posts) - - Show Bio

Declan Shalvey

#6 Posted by JTKirk101 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerome Opena by far on Vengeance on the Moon knight.

#7 Posted by tparks (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

Can't beat a classic! Good choice.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Can't beat a classic! Good choice.

Yeah, he set the tone for everything to come

#9 Posted by PatMcgroin (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Declan, his artwork in the new issue is so trippy.

#10 Posted by Squalleon (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I just started reading volume 1, I have to say I am not extremely impressed with the interior art. Its ok, basic 80s like art.Of course I have only read three issues.Does it get better down the line?
The covers were amazing.

#11 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I just started reading volume 1, I have to say I am not extremely impressed with the interior art. Its ok, basic 80s like art.Of course I have only read three issues.Does it get better down the line?

The covers were amazing.

You don't like Bill's art? You crazy.

#12 Posted by YoungJustice (6846 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerome Opena by far on Vengeance on the Moon knight.

#13 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6345 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read a Moon Knight comic before in my life, but David Finch is by far my favorite artist on this list.

#14 Posted by Squalleon (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

The covers were amazing.

I did say "the covers were amazing", but the interior art at least were I am now isn't anything noteworthy.

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58031 posts) - - Show Bio

>not voting for Sienkiewicz

I hope you guys don't do this.

The covers were amazing.

At the time Bill was imitating Neal Adams' style, though later he started developing his own.

@squalleon said:

The covers were amazing.

You post a cover, yet he said that the covers were amazing.

BB

#16 Posted by greenlucario (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Finch, his art was gritty, dark, and at times down right brutal, perfect for Moon Knight. But Deodato, Texeira, and Sienkiewicz are all so great it was a tough choice.

#17 Posted by Owie (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

There have been many amazing artists, especially considering that Marvel has never put a huge priority on Moon Knight...I love Maleev and Finch and Shalvey...but Sienkiewicz for the win.

#18 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4248 posts) - - Show Bio

Tomm Coker, I only know of one issue he's on but I really dug his style.

#19 Posted by Squalleon (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon said:

The covers were amazing.

At the time Bill was imitating Neal Adams' style, though later he started developing his own.

Oh, Ok. Now that you mentioned I do see some similarities with Neal's Batman. I ended up buying the first essential volume because I found it very cheap, so I can see the art clearly :-)

#20 Edited by nigravirum1 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a David Finch guy myself

#21 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8735 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Texeira. God and Country and The Death of Marc Spector are beautiful stories. The art was light but still brutal, which worked because some artists made it so shadowy and dark that I couldn't figure out what was going on.

#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (44493 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy 3-way tie, Khonshu!

Staff Online
#23 Posted by Experio (16100 posts) - - Show Bio

Finch

#24 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

real tough but had to go with the classic, bill

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Deodato Jr. for me. Best of the bunch.

#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (44493 posts) - - Show Bio

Only 61 votes? Where'd all of the Moon Knight fans go?

Staff Online
#27 Edited by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Finch was the one who brought me into Moon Knight's world, and his gritty detail is second to none, but since going back and reading Moon Knight's earlier series, I've developed a certain fondness and appreciation for Sienkiewicz's work.

#28 Posted by webbcity (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Sienkiewicz for me. The first time I saw Finch's art it totally blew me away, but now a find it a bit overdone for my tastes.

#29 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

At 75 votes, Sienkiewicz is leading by 1%. Good work, people :)

#30 Posted by dontbelievethehyperion (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Finch was the easy pick for me. Moon Knight is his best work.

That said, hats off to Texeira, Opena, and Seinkiewicz... all produced great renditions of MK.

#31 Edited by movieartman (1232 posts) - - Show Bio

1.) DAVID FINCH

2.) FRANCESCO MATTINA

3.) CLAYTON CRAIN

4.) MIKE CHOI

#32 Posted by Jphu8414 (3764 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of good choices here but I'll go with David Finch

#33 Posted by Spideysense44 (3467 posts) - - Show Bio

Finch by a little

#34 Edited by Hit_Monkey (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Bill Sienkiewicz all the way. Once he got into the swing of it. His Moon Knight art was stunning. I loved all of Finch, Texeira and Shalvey's work on MK but Sienkiewicz's was something else. Some of his pages could literally be quite beautiful to behold. Like the last page of vol 1 #23 -

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33495 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: What you gonna do if it's a tie?

#36 Posted by Jessica_Spector (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Declan Shalvey,but love Jefte Palo's work too.

Hard choose :(