• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 5 months, 13 days ago

Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe Character (428 votes)

Abomination 0%
Agent Carter 1%
Agent Coulson 5%
Black Widow 3%
Captain America 22%
Darcy Lewis 0%
Hawkeye 3%
Hulk 9%
Iron Man 21%
Jane Foster 0%
Loki 17%
Maria Hill 0%
Nick Fury 3%
Odin 1%
Pepper Potts 1%
Red Skull 0%
Sif 2%
Thor 10%
Trevor Slattery 1%
War Machine 0%
Whiplash 0%

The Marvel Studios universe is returning to the big screen and we here at Comic Vine think that's worth cheering about. So, what better way to celebrate than being all kinds of topical with our weekly question, right? Thor: The Dark World is already out in some nations and hits here this Friday (you can read Tony's review here), but we want to know if he's your favorite character in the cinematic group. Or, does another person hold the top spot for you? Gaze at the options in the poll, think it through and then cast your vote!

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Why'd you vote for a certain character and what exactly makes them so fantastically awesome to you? Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

#51 Posted by The Stegman (20733 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark

#52 Edited by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

none are great so just went with the lesser of the evils: black widow

#53 Edited by Jayso4201 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't we already have this question today? Anyway, why are we leaving any non-Avengers off this list? I voted Hulk tho.

#54 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Today we find out who has the most fangirls, Tony or Loki.

#55 Posted by Nox_Arc (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap without a doubt.

#56 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.

#57 Edited by Gunners (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta vote for mah girl.. and I'm so excited for her new on-going series. Second I'd have to vote for Captain America

#58 Edited by Stefano (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor!

#59 Posted by Star_Boy616 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki, he is like the most fleshed out character of the bunch.

#60 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#61 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America or loki

i went with cap and im happy people here did too

#62 Posted by Gaza_Stripper (104 posts) - - Show Bio

#63 Posted by MasterBelmont (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted Cap because he's my favorite. Glad to see he's in the lead.

#64 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

am i the only one who liked nortons hulk?

#65 Posted by MuyJingo (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

He was trying to get them to fight amongst each other. While they were busy being at each other's throats, it would be easier for him to take over the world. It worked for a while. In addition, he is a master manipulator and liar.

He is a master manipulator and liar...except that was never shown.

His plan and motivation for getting caught was stupid.

He was out manipulated by Black Widow.

I love the character on screen...just saying, he didn't actually outsmart anyone, despite the movie trying to make it look as though he did.

#66 Posted by nappystr8 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

I had to look up who Darcy Lewis even was. I can't believe she is actually on the list...especially over Bucky. I'm not surprised that my choice, Cap, is in the lead right now. Cap is basically a carbon copy of who he is in the comics. The entire embodiment of what makes that character one of Marvel's greatest. Chris Evans nails it. Hemsworth as Thor is also very faithful, but Thor never had Cap's gravitas (oddly, since he is a god and all). Downey's great as Stark, but he's very much a movie adaption. Ruffallo was great as Banner, but Hulk is always just Hulk.

I wish there was more love for Whiplash. I might be in the minority, but I thought Mickey Rourke killed it in that role.

#67 Posted by Tyrus (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravisher said:

am i the only one who liked nortons hulk?

Nope - well I liked Norton's Banner anyway.

#68 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

IRON MAN

#69 Posted by eldestrisk (623 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Cap, but I think my actual favorite is Magneto. Loved him in X-2 and First Class.

#70 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#71 Posted by LouieXIIIth (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

I really hope Marvel gets to express how strong Thor truly is in the Marvel Universe in The Dark World. One of my favorite moments in Avengers is when Thor and Hulk fight it out and Hulk tries to pick up Mjolnir but he cant. So sick!

#72 Posted by Neon_Jackal (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to vote Sif.

#73 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man destroys em all

#74 Posted by jstndmnd (822 posts) - - Show Bio

#75 Posted by MannEffest (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo as Hulk all the way, but Hemsworth's Thor is my second. Overall the Marvel Cinematic Universe has casted great!

#76 Posted by Gordyman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

@gordyman said:

@muyjingo said:

@gordyman said:

Loki, he is able to outsmart the heroes better than any other villain I've ever seen. In addition, he has a tragic backstory to the point where you almost wanted to root for him in the Thor movie.

Was he actually shown outsmarting anyone?

They made a big effort to make it look like he was..with the whole scheming to get captured thing....but they never really explained why he did that and there wasn't really any reason for it. In the end he got beat down by the hulk and captured at the end.

Who did he outsmart exactly?

He was trying to get them to fight amongst each other. While they were busy being at each other's throats, it would be easier for him to take over the world. It worked for a while. In addition, he is a master manipulator and liar.

I mean...that was the scepter though, it wasn't his manipulating skills.

So..his plan amounted to get caught with the scepter...hope it works on them...and hope I can escape?

Gotta say, not a great plan.

No. He got Banner to Hulk out and destroy the plane and he had Cap, Tony, and Thor at each others throats. His plan was to get Banner to Hulk out, which is why he had his minions attack the ship. Loki knew from jumpstreet that the Avengers were a powder keg waiting to go off, and he exploited this.

#77 Edited by sentryman555 (650 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting Hulk based on Edward Norton's Hulk. The fight scene between abomination and Hulk at the end is still one of my favorite fight scenes ever. And I feel like Norton really nailed the nerdy science guy that Banner is more than Ruffalo.

#78 Edited by Alak (867 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote went to Captain America. While the movie wasn't the best we've seen from the MCU, I absolutely loved Chris Evans' portrayal of him in both First Avenger and The Avengers. I won't lie, it's probably due to the fact that I walked in with extremely low expectations because of Evans' previous roles as the stereotypical idiot. Therefore, I was really impressed and he continues to impress me with his performance as I click the replay button for the Winter Soldier trailer.

#79 Posted by MisterNefarious (53 posts) - - Show Bio

It's tough. Iron man is the easy answer because, well, RDJ.

Captain America is my favorite marvel super hero so I really WANT to vote him...

But I vote Hulk. The Norton Hulk film was awesome. I dug the tension and monstrosity of the character... Then Ruffalo happened

I loved the anger management spin he put on it, where even when Hulk wasn't around he really made me feel like the beast was bubbling up under the skin.

Hulk stole the show in avengers

#80 Edited by viin (493 posts) - - Show Bio

o wow I didnt expect Cap to be in the lead. Id figure it would be RDJ which was gonna be my vote then I remembered Iron Man 3 and I was not big on the Avengers. I went with my favorite moment which was when Nick Fury first appeared in Iron Man. So Samuel L. Jackson got my vote.

Why is nobody voting for Jane Foster?

#81 Posted by patrat18 (6745 posts) - - Show Bio

Norton's Banner.

#82 Posted by ScarletBatman (258 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki, Thor and Coulson, in that order.

#83 Posted by ScarletBatman (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@hecktate said:

I'm guessing the X-Men movies aren't considered to be part of the same Universe? That's a shame since either Xavier or Magneto blow this list of characters out of the water.

Iron Man for me, though it was tempting to throw in with Nick Fury.

Marvel Studios does not have the rights to the X characters (or the FF or Spidey). All of them are considered to be in their own unique universe.

I agree though - Sir Ian and Stewart blow everyone else out of the water for great casting.

#85 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

This list is poor. My vote goes to Agent Ward.

#86 Edited by Comicbookhoarder (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain america baby!!

#87 Posted by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n You have all these supporting characters to vote for, but no Heimdall?

#88 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is my favorite Marvel character. Easy pick.

The Living Legend Himself.

#89 Posted by CyberWarrior (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

#90 Posted by MuyJingo (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

No. He got Banner to Hulk out and destroy the plane and he had Cap, Tony, and Thor at each others throats. His plan was to get Banner to Hulk out, which is why he had his minions attack the ship. Loki knew from jumpstreet that the Avengers were a powder keg waiting to go off, and he exploited this.

No, he did no such thing. He isn't responsible for Banner hulking out, or any of them being at each others throats.

If he was responsible for that, the film didn't show it. Instead, fans of the character assume he was responsible because it is in line with the character.

#91 Posted by mk111 (3136 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by Hel (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

I rarely watch super hero movies but this actually impressed me. Entertaining and RDJ is the embodiment of Stark

#93 Posted by RazzaTazz (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow should have her own movie or tv show.

#94 Posted by bsavelli (57 posts) - - Show Bio

#95 Posted by LenSnart (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Why even bother putting up a vote, it's fairly obvious who's going to win

#96 Edited by Gordyman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

@gordyman said:

No, he did no such thing. He isn't responsible for Banner hulking out, or any of them being at each others throats.

If he was responsible for that, the film didn't show it. Instead, fans of the character assume he was responsible because it is in line with the character.

Then you should probably watch the movie again. Well naturally they were at each others throats, but Loki exploited this. His plan from the moment they arrested him was to get Banner to turn into the Hulk.

#97 Posted by MuyJingo (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

Then you should probably watch the movie again. Well naturally they were at each others throats, but Loki exploited this. His plan from the moment they arrested him was to get Banner to turn into the Hulk.

I've seen the movie several times. You're just wrong, in my opinion.

The movie did a fantastic job of making it look like Loki was behind everything, but he really wasn't. If he was, this was not shown.

Let's break it down.

• Loki gets captured/surrenders
  • Has a sly grin the whole time, making it seem like this is part of his plan
  • Gets outsmarted by Black Widow
  • The sceptre (NOT Loki) briefly influences Our Heroes to turn on each other. Some catty remarks really.
  • Evil Hawkeye attacks Helicarrier.
  • Team unites and saves the day
  • Hulk arrives.
  • Thor gets trapped, which couldn't have been planned.
  • Loki escapes.
  • Loki gets Hulk Smashed, and then sits the rest out.

So, where exactly is the evidence of the master manipulation and outsmarting people?

It MAYBE works if you assume he knew the team would be in the room with the scepter, and that the scepter would have that effect on them, but that's it.

He didn't know that Hulk would necessarily come, or that he would be able to trap Thor.

He didn't actually DO anything, and his plan was stupid.

#98 Edited by Omnicrono (978 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk gets my vote when talking about an actual super hero.

But I voted for Phil (Agent Coulson) in this case. Couldn't help it. Love that guy. (He's awesome on Agent's of Shield too.)

#99 Posted by 14NC3 (1569 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Iron man
  2. Thor
  3. Captain America
#100 Posted by Gordyman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

@gordyman said:

I've seen the movie several times. You're just wrong, in my opinion.

The movie did a fantastic job of making it look like Loki was behind everything, but he really wasn't. If he was, this was not shown.

Let's break it down.

• Loki gets captured/surrenders
  • Has a sly grin the whole time, making it seem like this is part of his plan
  • Gets outsmarted by Black Widow
  • The sceptre (NOT Loki) briefly influences Our Heroes to turn on each other. Some catty remarks really.
  • Evil Hawkeye attacks Helicarrier.
  • Team unites and saves the day
  • Hulk arrives.
  • Thor gets trapped, which couldn't have been planned.
  • Loki escapes.
  • Loki gets Hulk Smashed, and then sits the rest out.

So, where exactly is the evidence of the master manipulation and outsmarting people?

It MAYBE works if you assume he knew the team would be in the room with the scepter, and that the scepter would have that effect on them, but that's it.

He didn't know that Hulk would necessarily come, or that he would be able to trap Thor.

He didn't actually DO anything, and his plan was stupid.

So they all didn't like each other because of the scepter's influence? That's not how I remember it. In addition, you skipped the entire part where Hawkeye attacks the ship and Banner hulks out and destroys the ship. After Loki's minions attacked the ship Thor, Hulk and the rest of them went crashing down to the ground.