• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe Character (428 votes)

Abomination 0%
Agent Carter 1%
Agent Coulson 5%
Black Widow 3%
Captain America 22%
Darcy Lewis 0%
Hawkeye 3%
Hulk 9%
Iron Man 21%
Jane Foster 0%
Loki 17%
Maria Hill 0%
Nick Fury 3%
Odin 1%
Pepper Potts 1%
Red Skull 0%
Sif 2%
Thor 10%
Trevor Slattery 1%
War Machine 0%
Whiplash 0%

The Marvel Studios universe is returning to the big screen and we here at Comic Vine think that's worth cheering about. So, what better way to celebrate than being all kinds of topical with our weekly question, right? Thor: The Dark World is already out in some nations and hits here this Friday (you can read Tony's review here), but we want to know if he's your favorite character in the cinematic group. Or, does another person hold the top spot for you? Gaze at the options in the poll, think it through and then cast your vote!

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Why'd you vote for a certain character and what exactly makes them so fantastically awesome to you? Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

#1 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk

#2 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

nick fury! he holds so much mystery in his character.

#3 Posted by Elwoodtoast (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for hulk, but to clarify, I only meant mark ruffalo hulk, the others sucked.

#4 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#5 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj: ugh... honestly in the movies it just feels like lack of character development. (much like wolverine since X2)

#6 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, Ironman, Ruffalo Hulk! In this order!

#7 Posted by War Killer (20293 posts) - - Show Bio
The Living Legend Himself.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22720 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America was easily my favorite Marvel movie so I got to go with Cap

#9 Posted by Olqavtoras (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Cap.

#10 Posted by Professorreid (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Hulk but Cap is a close second.

#11 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

Darcy Lewis in a landslide win!

#12 Edited by SynCig (659 posts) - - Show Bio

It was really close between Loki and Iron Man for me. RDJ and Hiddleston completely embody their characters more than any of the other actors/actresses in the MCU. Both of them steal the show in every scene that they are in. I ended up voting for Loki but it was a tough one. I should also mention that Thor is third for me for the same reason. Hemsworth is perfectly cast.

#13 Posted by reaperOnyx (1177 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like any of these....

#14 Edited by Wilbertus (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, although it is more Tony Stark who I enjoy. Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect person to cast for the role of Tony. Never has a person so mean been so likable.

#15 Posted by DonFelipe (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor, and Tony Stark... can't vote for both so Thor it is.

#16 Posted by Arkbound (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki got this, but my vote is still for the Eye patch of Fury!

#17 Posted by scottlagan (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron-man. In the comic-verse he's not my top guy, but in the movies he is absolutely the most enjoyable part of the whole franchise. Though I am actually happy that Loki is beating him, because that character and actor's awesomeness came completely by surprise to most of us. But, it is fair to say that Stark/Downey's persona sold the masses to the fact that Marvel can make amazing movies and made all this possible to begin with.

#18 Posted by HumanRocket (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think Chris Evans was going to do a well job playing him but he proved me wrong so can't wait til Winter Soldier comes out

#19 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to switch my vote. I voted Thor, I want to change it to Loki.So, Thor has 1 less, Loki has 1 more. Everyone count that

#20 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@clemj said:

nick fury! he holds so much mystery in his character.

My vote ended up going that way as well. I came in expecting to vote for Cap. The cinematic universe has been kind to old Steve in it's representation of him. Loki was another frontrunner. He's been given so much character through his appearances thus far. But end of the day, Nick has always been a compelling character. He always seems like an architect of a house of cards and he makes you feel like it's up to you (meaning whoever he's speaking with) to keep it from collapsing in on itself.

And hey, who doesn't love Sam Jackson, amiright?

#21 Edited by MuyJingo (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish this included Skye from the TV show, which is an extension of the MCU.

Strictly from the films, It has to be Loki.

I'm surprised Cap is getting so many votes. I get why people like him in the comics, but in the movies he just seemed so corny...

#22 Posted by Lykida (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehe, who voted for Trevor?^^

#23 Posted by nickxfrye (27 posts) - - Show Bio

This is such a hard decision! But in the end, it has to be Loki.

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (34941 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykida said:

Hehe, who voted for Trevor?^^

Definitely not me.

Nope. Most certainly not me.

#25 Posted by GraniteSoldier (9008 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Ruffalo's Banner/Hulk nailed it for me.

Captain America/Nick Fury/Black Widow/Loki are all very close seconds.

I find a lot of the MCU casting great to be honest.

#26 Edited by Shallbecomeabattoo (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor. Before the Hemsworth movie I really had no interest in the character and thought he was dumb. Since the Hemsworth movie Thor is actually one of my top 3 Marvel characters of all time.

I love how noble he is and at the same time how arrogant and how much he enjoys battle! The way he cracks a smile when faced with a big opponent. Just great.

He is followed by Captain America, just because I like the character generally and because he is a street level guy, which tend to be my fave characters most of the time. I love his inherent goodness and the whole man out of time thing. Hope they build on that well in the next movie.

Iron Man is kinda cool, but somehow he is starting to annoy me a bit, no matter how well RDJ does him.

Hulk is great when played by Ruffalo, but I normaly hate the character.

Loki is great too.

The only one I highly dislike is Hawkeye, because he is NOTHING like the comic version. Its just Jeremy Renner with a bow.

Black Widow is pretty meh.

#27 Posted by The_Vein (169 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one I highly dislike is Hawkeye, because he is NOTHING like the comic version. Its just Jeremy Renner with a bow.

Made all the clearer by how awesome Hawkeye the comic is.

#28 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Thor.

seriously, before 2011 Thor movie, I have no idea how Thor is on the big screen... I've never been so happy proven wrong :))

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (15104 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man and Cap.

#30 Posted by JTKirk101 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America then Iron man, Loki, Hulk, Thor, Red Skull

#31 Posted by NoahMcnasty (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I haven't been overly impressed with any of them. It seems that Disney is more concerned with keeping things more campy and family friendly than showing how impactful a character can be. but then again they are just focusing on avenger characters and I could care less about them.

#32 Posted by darkrider (463 posts) - - Show Bio

is it wired i like movie iron man but not comic iron man

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie between Hulk and Iron Man.

#34 Posted by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#35 Posted by kennybaese (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

Coulson for this guy, but then I have a disgusting man crush on Clark Gregg, so what can I say?

#36 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say Coulson, just because I can't choose :P

#37 Edited by Gordyman (622 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki, he is able to outsmart the heroes better than any other villain I've ever seen. In addition, he has a tragic backstory to the point where you almost wanted to root for him in the Thor movie.

#38 Edited by KingStandup (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for the God of Mischief! After Loki, I'd probably choose Iron Man then Hulk.

#39 Posted by Chaos Burn (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Chose Iron-Man, even though he was a bit lame in IronMan 3

#40 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they have to ruin hawkeye ;.;

Voted iron man

#41 Edited by Xwraith (21595 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Thor.

#42 Edited by MuyJingo (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

Loki, he is able to outsmart the heroes better than any other villain I've ever seen. In addition, he has a tragic backstory to the point where you almost wanted to root for him in the Thor movie.

Was he actually shown outsmarting anyone?

They made a big effort to make it look like he was..with the whole scheming to get captured thing....but they never really explained why he did that and there wasn't really any reason for it. In the end he got beat down by the hulk and captured at the end.

Who did he outsmart exactly?

#43 Edited by Gordyman (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:

@gordyman said:

They made a big effort to make it look like he was..with the whole scheming to get captured thing....but they never really explained why he did that and there wasn't really any reason for it. In the end he got beat down by the hulk and captured at the end.

He was trying to get them to fight amongst each other. While they were busy being at each other's throats, it would be easier for him to take over the world. It worked for a while. In addition, he is a master manipulator and liar.

#44 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23008 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Cap, didn't think he'd be winning, I though it would be an Ironman stomp.

#45 Posted by MuyJingo (2184 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@muyjingo said:

@gordyman said:

He was trying to get them to fight amongst each other. While they were busy being at each other's throats, it would be easier for him to take over the world. It worked for a while. In addition, he is a master manipulator and liar.

I mean...that was the scepter though, it wasn't his manipulating skills.

So..his plan amounted to get caught with the scepter...hope it works on them...and hope I can escape?

Gotta say, not a great plan.

#46 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (16519 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America.

#47 Posted by RogueShadow (12011 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised at the results.

#48 Posted by HeckTate (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm guessing the X-Men movies aren't considered to be part of the same Universe? That's a shame since either Xavier or Magneto blow this list of characters out of the water.

Iron Man for me, though it was tempting to throw in with Nick Fury.

#49 Posted by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man... He helped me love new CBM's again.

#50 Posted by Admiral_IronBeast (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, although it is more Tony Stark who I enjoy. Robert Downey Jr. was the perfect person to cast for the role of Tony. Never has a person so mean been so likable.

this. the casting of the avengers was perfect... at first I was mad they went with ultimate fury but they made it work