• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (35173 posts) 1 month, 29 days ago

Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Guardians of the Galaxy Character (310 votes)

Drax 10%
Gamora 15%
Groot 20%
Rocket Raccoon 28%
Star-Lord 27%

The Marvel cosmic team has been around for quite some time (the name technically dates back to '69), but with a new movie on the way, the group is quickly gaining more and more fans. Brian Michael Bendis is the man behind the team's latest volume, and seeing as a trailer for the upcoming movie will drop sometime today (keep checking the homepage!), we wanted to be appropriately topical and discuss the team with all of you.

The question is simple: who's your favorite character on the current roster -- which is conveniently the roster that'll appear in the film! Cameos and rotating members aside (here's looking at you, Iron Man, Flash and Angela), who's your favorite character in the group? Star-Lord? Gamora? Drax? Groot? Rocket Raccoon? We want to hear from you! So, get your vote on and tell us why you love one character more than the others.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Basic advice: if you're not happy with the way the poll is heading, making a positive post about why a character deserves more votes and spreading the word is way more effective than simply complaining about it. On Thursday, an updated article will appear on the homepage. It'll have the results, highlight a post or two from the community, and more. Check back then!

Guardians of the Galaxy is directed by James Gunn and opens August 1.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27280 posts) - - Show Bio

I am Groot!

#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (11520 posts) - - Show Bio

hey its almost like you planned this with the trailer release!

#3 Edited by MichealBentley (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I am shocked, shocked to see Rocket Raccoon winning by a landslide. No wait, the opposite of that. ;)

#4 Edited by GodOfMischief (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Star-Lord.

I've always loved his sense of humour and the way he does whatever it takes to save the galaxy. There's a lot more I like about him, but I thought I'd just keep it short and simple.

#5 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

Well here's hoping Flash Thompson will become a permanent fixture to the team, but since you've conveniently decided to make sure I couldn't pick him I'm going to go with Rocket Raccoon.

I've only recently started reading Guardians for familiarization for Flash's upcoming joining the team, but I've been hooked and beyond Bendis' current run I've dived into Abnett's run as well. Now all the members are great (I'll admit I'm a pretty big fan of Gamora and Groovy as well) but Rocky steals the show. Whether it was making Tony Stark look dumb, his obsession with "unfeasibly large" weaponry, tactical genius, leadership skills, or love of combat; Rocky has it all. The icing on the cake? All that bad*ssery is wrapped in the cute, furry raccoon exterior. Oh, and he outsmarted Thanos, if that doesn't make him awesome then nothing Marvel can do will.

I look forward to Rocky (hopefully) stealing the show on the big screen, and if he doesn't I'm sure he's got a Number Six Special for Hollywood.

#6 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

He may not say much (actually he says a lot) but Groot's presence just makes him a great character.

#7 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously? how is the talking rodent with guns twice his size not getting 100% of the votes?

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27280 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was aloud I would have voted Adam Warlock

#9 Posted by mak13131313 (412 posts) - - Show Bio

Star-Lord for me.

#10 Edited by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

DRAX! Mostly from his role in Annihilation. (I am not impressed by the movie version.)

Also, I love Rocket and Groot, but I have to give some props to the character created only to destroy my favorite super-villain!

#11 Posted by SynCig (320 posts) - - Show Bio

I am Groot! Groot is my favorite but Rocket and Gamora are tied for second and not that far behind

#12 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Star-Lord

#13 Posted by Jphu8414 (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot and Rocket Raccoon FTW!

#14 Posted by NICKXH (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora or Rocket Raccoon for me. Just love this awesome picture by the great Joe Mad.

#15 Posted by inferiorego (20577 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#16 Posted by CommanderShiro (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Racoon and Groot

#17 Posted by Amazing_Spiderman (15 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by thanosrules (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Strengthening my position...

#TeamDrax

#19 Edited by Wolverine08 (26321 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Iron Man part of the roster too?

#21 Posted by k4tzm4n (35173 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Iron Man part of the roster too?

"Cameos and rotating members aside (here's looking at you, Iron Man, Flash and Angela), who's your favorite character in the group?"

Staff
#22 Posted by longbowhunter (5831 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot!

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27280 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could vote for Major Victory...

Same here for Adam Warlock.

Immortal space wizard with gold skin >>>>> big rat with gun

#24 Posted by Hawkguy (559 posts) - - Show Bio

So little love for Gamora? Her and Groot are my faves, but the insanely skilled fighter takes the cake

#25 Posted by k4tzm4n (35173 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

.... Rocket Raccoon, not Rocket Rat, foo!

Staff
#26 Posted by zombietag (1480 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by ShadowX (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Disappointed that neither Phyla-vell or moondragon are there.... i guess I'll pick gamora

#28 Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Hehe... My bad, I should probably read before commenting.

#29 Posted by NukeA6 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

From that lame run, it's Gamora because at least she resembles her old self a bit. If this was the DnA run, it's three way tie between Rocket Raccoon, Mantis, and Cosmo.

#30 Posted by sagejonathan (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Star-Lord

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27280 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@inferiorego said:

.... Rocket Raccoon, not Rocket Rat, foo!

he shoulda been a rat

#33 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4478 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by mightyrearranger (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

WE ARE ALL GROOT. :)

#35 Posted by DCWarFan73 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole roster is pretty cool. Rocket Raccoon for me with his quick wit and BAM Murdered You sayings plus he has fuzzy ears. Gamora, Drax, Star-Lord and Groot all rock in my book.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15692 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by micah (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax "The Destroyer"

#38 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

With out hesitation it's mantis. But since she's not there gamora.

#39 Posted by greenlucario (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Star-Lord, the man is an amazing strategist who doesn't care what he does and who he ticks off while seemingly flying by the seat of his pants through it all. What's not to love.

#40 Edited by Perethorn (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Drax

2. Groot

3. Rocket

4. Gamora

5. Quill

#41 Edited by DEGRAAF (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see a one on one hand 2 hand fight between Gamora and Thanos then Drax and Thanos

#42 Edited by powerplay (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I would pick Cosmo if it was the DnA team (psychic + cosmonaut + dog= win) but with the choices I have I need to go with Drax. Not for the weak sauce version Bendis is pushing but the badass who cut his way through the unstoppable force of the Annihilation Wave to rip out Thanos' still beating heart with his bare hands. How do you not love a guy who can take this on without batting an eye:

#43 Posted by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

so only the movie cast? its a tie for phyla-vel and moondragon for me

#44 Posted by Perfect 10 (864 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: same for me except im abstaining from voting

#45 Posted by GraniteSoldier (4478 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazing_spiderman: Figured I'd add these in too, he seems like he'll be sticking around for quite a bit. Hopefully.

#46 Edited by MasterBelmont (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Was a tough choice because they're all great characters, but in the end, I went with Drax because he's a TOTAL FREAKING BADASS. The dude didn't even abandon a self-destructing ship he was so caught up in the fighting.

#47 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Cosmo was in the film now...

#48 Posted by Xwraith (10850 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon stomps.

#49 Posted by Jphu8414 (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Gamora would be getting more votes

#50 Edited by snarkybits (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon for me.

Though Groot is a close number two.