This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite DC Villain (593 votes)

Bane 5%
Black Adam 5%
Black Hand 0%
Black Manta 2%
Brainiac 1%
Cheetah 1%
Crime Syndicate of America 2%
Darkseid 10%
Deadshot 2%
Deathstroke 7%
Doomsday 2%
Harley Quinn 2%
Joker 24%
Lady Shiva 0%
Lex Luthor 7%
Poison Ivy 2%
Ra's al Ghul 3%
Riddler 3%
Sinestro 8%
Talia al Ghul 0%
The Rogues 5%
Trigon 0%
Two-Face 2%
Zod 1%
Zoom 1%
Other (Specify Below) 5%

*Recommended listening while contemplating who you'll vote for*

Villains Month is officially over and this week we're treated to the second chapter of FOREVER EVIL by Geoff Johns, David Finch and Richard Friend. Now that we've all spent some extra time with the evil characters in the universe, we want to know who your favorite foe is. Would your answer be the same if this question was posed a month ago or has Villains Month changed how you feel about certain fiends? Has it made you like a character less or has it turned you into a fan of someone you never truly cared for? The DC universe is loaded with bad people, so we obviously couldn't fit them all on the poll. If your selection isn't there, go ahead and cast your vote for "other" and tell us who earned your support.

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once the poll is locked, a new article will hit the homepage with the results and more. And, if you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and share with the community some "must read" stories for the character who earned your love. That'll allow other people to potentially check 'em out and see why you dig the character so much. Spread the love villainy, Viners.

#151 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2311 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide.

#152 Posted by bladewolf (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

Me can understand why Bizarro was on the list! Bizarro is worst hero ever! Me no vote for Bizarro!

#153 Posted by Zatara21 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Felix Faust!

#154 Posted by spacemanspiff85 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm shocked Sinestro doesn't have more of the vote.

#155 Edited by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

#156 Edited by nappystr8 (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man, this was sooooo soooo close for me. I ended up choosing Black Adam, since he is probably the most complex, other than maybe Luthor. Close second was Black Manta. Close third would have been a write in for Scarecrow. And if The Rouges count as one choice, they'd be four. It probably wouldn't be so close, but I'll give Braniac spot number five.

#157 Posted by DareHulk (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane takes the top for me. While Two-Face, Joker and Zod are runners up.

#158 Posted by Immortal777 (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

He's the villain for the entire DCU.

#159 Posted by mightyrearranger (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

#RoguesRepresent

And by Rogues, I'm talkin' the core crew: Len, Mick, Mark, Evan, and Alex

From this list, Zoom and Sinestro get my honorable mentions.

#160 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

Other. Pre-Flashpoint Mr. Freeze.

#161 Posted by TDK_1997 (15765 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker and Darkseid are almost even in my mind for the Number 1 spot.

#162 Edited by Shadowmyst (49 posts) - - Show Bio

WHERE'S CIRCE IN HERE?

SERIOUSLY, I BELIEVE SHE'S A BETTER VILLAIN FOR WONDER WOMAN THAN CHEETAH

#163 Posted by JamesScott (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Grodd

#164 Edited by Fresh Prince (5270 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro ALL DAY

#165 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15323 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone really surprised about the way the poll is going?

#166 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (7893 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rogues :)

#167 Posted by LCazT1996 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Since Maxwell Lord wasn't on here

This. I voted for Sinestro.

#168 Posted by Wolverine08 (47663 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised Joker is stomping Lex Luthor so badly, I expected him to be in the lead, but not by three times the amount Lex is pulling.

#169 Edited by mk111 (3148 posts) - - Show Bio
#170 Edited by Trodorne (2718 posts) - - Show Bio

I was SOOOOOOO torn between Black Manta, Riddler and the Rogues.... so I went with Manta.

oh and Joker, is DC's most over rated villain.

#171 Posted by CheeseSticks (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

So much hate on the Joker, he's an awesome villain get over it.

#172 Edited by thaalsinestro (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure Joker is going to take this easily and I'm ok with that, he's the most popular/well known dc villain out there and probably in my top 3, but my vote goes to Sinestro (obviously).

#173 Posted by RustyRoy (14858 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker closely followed by Darkseid and Ra's al Ghul.

#174 Posted by Justthatkid (5794 posts) - - Show Bio

So many great choices :(

#175 Posted by Jasoninthewoods (146 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker hands down.

#176 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (699 posts) - - Show Bio

@superior_prime_maybe said:

Sigh...

i hope its not joker. That would be too predictable.

Disregarding villain's month (I think Doomsday rocked villains month), Joker clearly deserves to be the victor. Pre-new 52 and even in the New 52 Joker has always been hands down the best villain (best villain sound a little weird...).

Just a few reasons why Joker deserves to stomp:

"You see it doesn't matter if you catch me and send me back to the asylum... Gordon's been driven mad. I've proved my point. I've demonstrated there's no difference between me and everyone else! All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once, am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up as a flying rat? You had a bad day, and it drove you as crazy as everybody else... Only you won't admit it! You have to keep pretending that life makes sense, that there's some point to all this struggling! God you make me want to puke. I mean, what is it with you? What made you what you are? Girlfriend killed by the mob, maybe? Brother carved up by some mugger? Something like that, I bet. Something like that... Something like that happened to me, you know. I... I'm not exactly sure what it was. Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha! But my point is... My point is, I went crazy. When I saw what a black, awful joke the world was, I went crazy as a coot! I admit it! Why can't you? I mean, you're not unintelligent! You must see the reality of the situation. Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"

"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever"

"Losing your temper yet, Lex? I'll let you in on a little secret. I lost my temper long, long ago, and I've never found it. Maybe it's under one of the sofa cushions! Pain? You can't stop me by hurting me! Don't you know me at all? Pain is my boon companion! My stalwart friend! I am alive with pain every moment of every day, Lex! Ever since that fateful day when I was baptized in a vat of chemical goo, that corrosive stuff has burned through my skin like fire. Pain is my One True Love! I admire your willingness to do violence, Lex. Because you have no problem doing it when you have to. But I'm different, Lex. I do violence because it's fun! You're good at your job, Lex. But me? I LOVE MY JOB! "

PS: imagine joker with a power ring... the thought scares me...

Yes. I know he would win. we should have a poll with less obvious choices. Without Joker, Lex or Darkseid

#177 Posted by MatteoPG (1950 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew Joker was going to take the lead, he is a terrific character. It's good that Sinestro is getting some love... I would have liked a little more, but since there are Luthor, Darkseid and Joker I am cool ;)

#178 Posted by QuintisMaximus (7 posts) - - Show Bio

How did Mongul not make the list? This guy's a first rate badass!

And if that's not enough to convince you, I have two little words: Black Mercy.

Also no Scarecrow or Mr Freeze? That's disappointing.

#179 Posted by MaxSchreck (144 posts) - - Show Bio

"A criminal mastermind more dangerous than the Joker and Luthor put together." - Batman

Ra`s al Ghul , he is a badass who has humbled some of the greatest crimefighters and villains in the Dcuniverse , Red Robin , Bane , Batman ... even the Justice League . Unlike some other villains on this list , Lex Luthor for example , he is also usually able to escape before the hero can punish him for his crimes . All in all I would say Ra`s is on of Dcs greatest characters .

#180 Posted by mightypug78 (361 posts) - - Show Bio

brutaal all the way

#181 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted "Other" for the Anti-Monitor. Or maybe it was Crazy Quilt. I don't even know.

#182 Posted by CheeseSticks (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

"A criminal mastermind more dangerous than the Joker and Luthor put together." - Batman

Ra`s al Ghul , he is a badass who has humbled some of the greatest crimefighters and villains in the Dcuniverse , Red Robin , Bane , Batman ... even the Justice League . Unlike some other villains on this list , Lex Luthor for example , he is also usually able to escape before the hero can punish him for his crimes . All in all I would say Ra`s is on of Dcs greatest characters .

Having no good stories doesn't really help him.

#183 Posted by NeilR (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather like Zoom, myself.

#184 Posted by hart7668 (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Darkseid, but I do love me some Black Adam. 52 really cemented it for me.

@soa said:

#185 Posted by cameron83 (7770 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid done right. Not the alien dictator. Not the bland brute. The cold, focused malevolence that personifies evil and corrupts everything around it with its mere presence.

This completely.

He causes hell on earth. Not Joker. Joker can be described as an agent of evil. Darkseid IS evil incarnate.