This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite DC Villain (593 votes)

Bane 5%
Black Adam 5%
Black Hand 0%
Black Manta 2%
Brainiac 1%
Cheetah 1%
Crime Syndicate of America 2%
Darkseid 10%
Deadshot 2%
Deathstroke 7%
Doomsday 2%
Harley Quinn 2%
Joker 24%
Lady Shiva 0%
Lex Luthor 7%
Poison Ivy 2%
Ra's al Ghul 3%
Riddler 3%
Sinestro 8%
Talia al Ghul 0%
The Rogues 5%
Trigon 0%
Two-Face 2%
Zod 1%
Zoom 1%
Other (Specify Below) 5%

*Recommended listening while contemplating who you'll vote for*

Villains Month is officially over and this week we're treated to the second chapter of FOREVER EVIL by Geoff Johns, David Finch and Richard Friend. Now that we've all spent some extra time with the evil characters in the universe, we want to know who your favorite foe is. Would your answer be the same if this question was posed a month ago or has Villains Month changed how you feel about certain fiends? Has it made you like a character less or has it turned you into a fan of someone you never truly cared for? The DC universe is loaded with bad people, so we obviously couldn't fit them all on the poll. If your selection isn't there, go ahead and cast your vote for "other" and tell us who earned your support.

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once the poll is locked, a new article will hit the homepage with the results and more. And, if you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and share with the community some "must read" stories for the character who earned your love. That'll allow other people to potentially check 'em out and see why you dig the character so much. Spread the love villainy, Viners.

#101 Posted by EnigmaLantern (773 posts) - - Show Bio
#102 Edited by RazzaTazz (11939 posts) - - Show Bio

It is fairly simple, Wonder Woman is the best superhero therefore Cheetah is the best supervillain.

#103 Posted by fran24ksawtgpb (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker's got this all the way

#104 Posted by Admiral_IronBeast (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh...

i hope its not joker. That would be too predictable.

Disregarding villain's month (I think Doomsday rocked villains month), Joker clearly deserves to be the victor. Pre-new 52 and even in the New 52 Joker has always been hands down the best villain (best villain sound a little weird...).

Just a few reasons why Joker deserves to stomp:

"You see it doesn't matter if you catch me and send me back to the asylum... Gordon's been driven mad. I've proved my point. I've demonstrated there's no difference between me and everyone else! All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once, am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up as a flying rat? You had a bad day, and it drove you as crazy as everybody else... Only you won't admit it! You have to keep pretending that life makes sense, that there's some point to all this struggling! God you make me want to puke. I mean, what is it with you? What made you what you are? Girlfriend killed by the mob, maybe? Brother carved up by some mugger? Something like that, I bet. Something like that... Something like that happened to me, you know. I... I'm not exactly sure what it was. Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha! But my point is... My point is, I went crazy. When I saw what a black, awful joke the world was, I went crazy as a coot! I admit it! Why can't you? I mean, you're not unintelligent! You must see the reality of the situation. Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"

"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever"

"Losing your temper yet, Lex? I'll let you in on a little secret. I lost my temper long, long ago, and I've never found it. Maybe it's under one of the sofa cushions! Pain? You can't stop me by hurting me! Don't you know me at all? Pain is my boon companion! My stalwart friend! I am alive with pain every moment of every day, Lex! Ever since that fateful day when I was baptized in a vat of chemical goo, that corrosive stuff has burned through my skin like fire. Pain is my One True Love! I admire your willingness to do violence, Lex. Because you have no problem doing it when you have to. But I'm different, Lex. I do violence because it's fun! You're good at your job, Lex. But me? I LOVE MY JOB! "

PS: imagine joker with a power ring... the thought scares me...

#105 Edited by blkson (788 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't imagine how a street leveler villain should win this poll , regardless of what they have done! Someway or another I feel like the Bat fan base which is overwhelming o he Vine will vote for the Joker! No disrespect but I think he's overrated and would have been killed of in the Marvel U. Just saying! Oh I voted for Darkseid!

same.

#106 Posted by chalkshark (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

The Psycho Pirate

#107 Posted by Sachmoo (1578 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6496 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker.

#109 Edited by The_Vein (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Shockingly the Joker will win--who saw that coming.

#110 Edited by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we all know who's going to win...

I vote Joker too

#111 Edited by MonsterStomp (24135 posts) - - Show Bio
Deathstroke

Hands down.

#112 Posted by PopRock123 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I love the other villains I just couldn't help but vote for the clown prince of crime.

#113 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1438 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker.

@wolverine08 said:

Lex Luthor reigns supreme.

Followed by Luthor

#114 Edited by M3th (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

Torn between Bane, Brainiac, and RA's Al Ghul. MetH voted for Magneto on tHe Marvel one not because MetH loves Magneto as a villain but because MetH loves Magneto as a Anti-Hero.

MetH loves Bane as a Anti-Hero but loves Brainiac and Ra's Al Ghul as villains botH Have interesting motives.

BotH villains believe wHat tHey are doing is rigHt. Brainiac is more selfisH but wants to obtained all knowledge of tHe cosmos. Ra's Al Ghul wants to create tHe perfect world, he's like Apocalypse except more human and less over powerful.

RA'S migHt just get my vote

-ABstract4$$#073-

#115 Posted by M3th (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: Your logic is tHe same logic 99% of tHe people wHo voted for tHe Joker used to vote for tHe Joker.

-ABstract4$$#073-

#116 Posted by JLDoom (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

#117 Posted by Jake Fury (21272 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rogues!

#118 Posted by JuliusTakalua (337 posts) - - Show Bio

big New Gods fans. Still liked DS' new origin... Kinda cringed at first but it's comics... things change but I hope they keep this new badass Darkseid the same. He's powerful, intimidating, and scary. I would have gone for Joker but I knew he'd win so I had to chose between Black Adam, Darkseid, Bane, and Two Face.

To me it's this:
Joker
DS
Bane
Adam
Two Face
Hush
Zod

#119 Posted by Xwraith (25007 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he's new, but I voted for "other" with my choice being Komodo.

#120 Posted by RazzaTazz (11939 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

@razzatazz: Your logic is tHe same logic 99% of tHe people wHo voted for tHe Joker used to vote for tHe Joker.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Well it should be, the question is not "best" but "favourite". It should be different for each individual reader.

#121 Edited by Darth Paul (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Another vote for Riddler right here!

#122 Posted by Kuyamu (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Always a FUN read

#123 Posted by SupBatz (2014 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Flashpoint Harley Quinn all the way!

#124 Posted by The Stegman (28551 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I can't imagine how a street leveler villain should win this poll , regardless of what they have done! Someway or another I feel like the Bat fan base which is overwhelming o he Vine will vote for the Joker! No disrespect but I think he's overrated and would have been killed of in the Marvel U. Just saying! Oh I voted for Darkseid!

same.

You don't need to be an uber powerful god to be a good villain, that's terrible logic.

#125 Posted by kilomac29 (327 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going Black Mask (also most underrated) Deathstroke is a close second for me.

#126 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5951 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid and it isn't even close.

#127 Posted by blkson (788 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Joker is over rated, should have been killed by now, and Darksied is a far better villain is all I'm saying.

#128 Posted by Wolverine08 (47857 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, Joker is stomping...............

#129 Posted by Provehito (61 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shame how the Deathstroke New 52 series sucked for a while. Justin Jordan was giving him a good run, but...this Deathstroke is different. Pre new 52 Deathstroke had a certain level of ethics, and that made him awesome apart from simply being awesome.

#130 Posted by The Stegman (28551 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@the_stegman: Joker is over rated, should have been killed by now, and Darksied is a far better villain is all I'm saying.

No villain is overrated as this is an opinion based question, just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's a bad character. Darkseid is a STRONGER villain, not necessarily a better one.

#131 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuyamu said:

Always a FUN read

Nice Bane pic!

@blkson said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

same.

You don't need to be an uber powerful god to be a good villain, that's terrible logic.

That's very true, I'm just not a fan a character who would have been put out of his misery ages ago if he was in the MU! Nothing personal Stegman!

#132 Posted by viin (853 posts) - - Show Bio

This is tough theres too many I want to include. If only we could get like 3 votes....Im assuming Joker will win but my favorite is Ras al Ghul. Im a League of Assassins fan.

#133 Posted by silkyballfro94 (2934 posts) - - Show Bio

Chose Darkseid, but Bane and Joker there too with Braniac and Ra's Al Ghul close behind.

#134 Edited by GraniteSoldier (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

This was tough, I'm not big on a lot of the DC powerhouses so a lot of the big baddies (Darkseid, Doomsday) I don't read much and have little interest in. For me, my three favorite Batman (who I do like) villains were Bane, Two-Face, and Riddler. It was hard to choose, but I went with Bane. He has instilled a level of fear in Batman no one before, or since, has or seemingly will ever do.

#135 Posted by AmazingWebHead (6656 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call.

#136 Posted by Jayso4201 (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course Joker stomps, in my opinion he is one of the most original and creative characters ever created. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of fun villains on this list, Black Adam, The Rogues, Darkseid, and of course Lex Luthor. Lex was a close call, and let me tell you why. There is a reason that these two are the most popular, they speak to people just like the heroes that mirror them. Superman, Batman, Lex and The Joker are characters that appeal to people on a higher level than just us fanboys, they speak to the multitude of people. Yes I love the other characters but if it wouldn't have been for the popular ones the others would have never been discovered and as villains and characters go The Joker is the best, in my opinion.

#137 Edited by scouts1998 (646 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by fullmetaladam (58 posts) - - Show Bio

The winner of this one gets to fight the winner of the "Favourite Marvel Villain" Poll right? That's why I voted for Lex Luthor because I think a fight between him and Doctor Doom would be off the hook!!!!!! Joker versus the same opponent wouldn't be anywhere near as epic although we all know Joker's going to win. :(

#139 Posted by Zadoulo (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed reading Count Vertigo in villain's month.

#140 Posted by blkson (788 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

No villain is overrated as this is an opinion based question, just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's a bad character. Darkseid is a STRONGER villain, not necessarily a better one.

Never said Joker was a bad character.

Never said I didn't like him either

Now you're just projecting

#141 Posted by The Stegman (28551 posts) - - Show Bio

@blkson said:

@the_stegman said:

@blkson said:

Never said Joker was a bad character.

Never said I didn't like him either

Now you're just projecting

Usually when someone says "X is overrated' they mean "I don't particularly like this character and I don't think he/she should be as popular as he/she is."

#142 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6958 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course the Joker's gonna take this. Joker's not only the most beloved DC villain but probably the most beloved villain in all of comic-dom!

#143 Edited by Grey56 (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Freeze. Paul Dini's version to be specific.

#144 Posted by batsymyplaything (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at Him! I'm already on my knees, worshiping this God.

#145 Edited by ComicStooge (16506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@citizenbane said:

Darkseid done right. Not the alien dictator. Not the bland brute. The cold, focused malevolence that personifies evil and corrupts everything around it with its mere presence.

Despite the major shortcomings of Final Crisis as a convoluted and contrived mess, Morrison gets my respect for doing Darkseid justice for once.

But as for me, no one tops the tyranny, cruelty and egoistical attitude embodying the worst aspect of human nature than Lex Luthor. He is to humanity's bad side what Superman is to our good side and he makes for a truly awesome, complex villain.

Agreed.

The worst part of him is that he really believes he's humanity's saviour.

It's often said that the worst acts of evil are done under the guise of righteousness and that perfectly embodies Lex Luthor.

#146 Posted by SoA (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

#147 Posted by SoA (5733 posts) - - Show Bio

@clawfist: i agree , swamp thing got his , where is the animal man love?

#148 Posted by Dstick88 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

The joker will forever have my vote but this mini series opened my eyes to alot of villains i didnt think i liked or was unaware of all together

#149 Edited by entropy_aegis (15980 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid,Luthor,Cyborg Superman,Black Adam,Bane,Deathstroke are my favourites right now and lol at people complaining about the Joker.

#150 Posted by fofasin_apuro (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke