• 183 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 28 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite DC Villain (591 votes)

Bane 5%
Black Adam 5%
Black Hand 0%
Black Manta 2%
Brainiac 1%
Cheetah 1%
Crime Syndicate of America 2%
Darkseid 10%
Deadshot 2%
Deathstroke 7%
Doomsday 2%
Harley Quinn 2%
Joker 24%
Lady Shiva 0%
Lex Luthor 7%
Poison Ivy 2%
Ra's al Ghul 3%
Riddler 3%
Sinestro 8%
Talia al Ghul 0%
The Rogues 5%
Trigon 0%
Two-Face 2%
Zod 1%
Zoom 1%
Other (Specify Below) 5%

*Recommended listening while contemplating who you'll vote for*

Villains Month is officially over and this week we're treated to the second chapter of FOREVER EVIL by Geoff Johns, David Finch and Richard Friend. Now that we've all spent some extra time with the evil characters in the universe, we want to know who your favorite foe is. Would your answer be the same if this question was posed a month ago or has Villains Month changed how you feel about certain fiends? Has it made you like a character less or has it turned you into a fan of someone you never truly cared for? The DC universe is loaded with bad people, so we obviously couldn't fit them all on the poll. If your selection isn't there, go ahead and cast your vote for "other" and tell us who earned your support.

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once the poll is locked, a new article will hit the homepage with the results and more. And, if you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and share with the community some "must read" stories for the character who earned your love. That'll allow other people to potentially check 'em out and see why you dig the character so much. Spread the love villainy, Viners.

#1 Edited by Saren (25917 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid done right. Not the alien dictator. Not the bland brute. The cold, focused malevolence that personifies evil and corrupts everything around it with its mere presence.

#2 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved Doomsday's villain's month issue, although it didn't feel like a true origin, it was still brilliant. Really enjoyed reading a story focused on, what I feel, is such an enigmatic character like Doomsday, never really cared for him before Villain's month. Would be happy if anyone knows any good story arcs featuring Doomsday seeing as I'm a newb to the character.

Another character I didn't really care for before was Zod but I though his villain's month issue was brilliant and a close second behind Doomsday. Can't say the film had anything to do with my opinion on Zod's issue because it was a great issue, loved it. I think the art in Doomsday just nudged Doomsday ahead of Zod, but close nonetheless.

I'm excited to hear what other people's opinions are. What's your favourite villain in villain's month @k4tzm4n?

#3 Edited by EnigmaLantern (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Have to say, the second speech bubble on the picture of Darkseid you put up sounded like Darth Vader would say. Jokes aside, I haven't read Darkseid but I heard his villain's month issue was pretty good.

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22317 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac, he was also my favorite for villains month:

#5 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22317 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope Joker doesn't stomp

#6 Edited by Saren (25917 posts) - - Show Bio

@enigmalantern:

It was a better villain's story than it was a Darkseid story, if that makes sense. It strips away huge parts of the character's classic mythos in favor of a newer interpretation that just doesn't compare. If you're a new reader, you'll probably like it. Fans of the New Gods probably won't. The best portrayal of Darkseid as far as I'm concerned was by Morrison in Final Crisis. I didn't like it at first, but subsequent revisits swayed me.

#7 Edited by k4tzm4n (49876 posts) - - Show Bio

@enigmalantern: Truth be told, there's still quite a few villain month issues I've yet to read. But based on what I have read, I'd probably say Deadshot was my favorite issue. Pleasantly surprised by how Kindt was able to change Floyd's origin yet still have it mold him into virtually the same character. It did, however, leave us in the dark on whether he still has a more complex relationship with Batman.

As for my vote... well, my avatar should give that away ;)

(Despite feeling rather "meh" on his standalone issue)

#8 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised to see that Joker isn't stomping. I voted Luthor

#9 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid done right. Not the alien dictator. Not the bland brute. The cold, focused malevolence that personifies evil and corrupts everything around it with its mere presence.

Despite the major shortcomings of Final Crisis as a convoluted and contrived mess, Morrison gets my respect for doing Darkseid justice for once.

But as for me, no one tops the tyranny, cruelty and egoistical attitude embodying the worst aspect of human nature than Lex Luthor. He is to humanity's bad side what Superman is to our good side and he makes for a truly awesome, complex villain.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor reigns supreme.

#11 Posted by The_Tree (7768 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Maxwell Lord wasn't on here and the Rogues counted as one vote, I went with them.

#12 Posted by darkbeam (2462 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke the terminator for me.

#13 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker

#14 Edited by TommytheHitman (3336 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to vote for the Joker! So Deadshot has my vote. Closely followed by Deathstroke.

#15 Edited by BIGALWILLIAMS (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid Is...

#16 Posted by LenSnart (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Love how Joker and Lex Luthor are neck and neck

#17 Posted by tensor (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

man there is no way you can pick one.I am having a hard time with joker, darkseid and lex

#18 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro

#19 Edited by GrandHarrier (122 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised to see that Joker isn't stomping. I voted Luthor

A lot can change quickly.

#22 Posted by inferiorego (27188 posts) - - Show Bio

No Joker's Daughter? She's the best thing ever! (This comment brought to you by sarcasm. Sarcasm: "I toooootally mean what I'm saying!")

I did vote for "other" though.

Staff
#23 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rogues

#24 Posted by McBig (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha Two-Face has 2%

#25 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm torn between Riddler, Manta, and Sinestro

#26 Edited by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

who can really beat joker here

#27 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15775 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor

#28 Edited by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by sentryman555 (797 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Bane. It's been shown in the comics at least Pre-New52 that Batman is still at least a little scared of Bane after he broke his back. You have to be a good villain to give Batman trouble sleeping!

#30 Posted by specialmonkey7 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, the only villains month book that really stuck with me was the one written about my favorite character; Bane. Every other issue I got, I ended up putting up for sale but Bane really went somewhere. Unlike many of the stories, I felt like I was reading the opening chapter of something new and interesting rather than a retread of things villains have already done before. Also, Tomasi finally did something with Bane that I have never really liked: he brought back Bane on Venom and made it work in that it has become a part of him rather than just a crazy drug that beefs him up.

#31 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't imagine how a street leveler villain should win this poll , regardless of what they have done! Someway or another I feel like the Bat fan base which is overwhelming o he Vine will vote for the Joker! No disrespect but I think he's overrated and would have been killed of in the Marvel U. Just saying! Oh I voted for Darkseid!

#32 Posted by MaccyD (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

:( The overrated clown is going to win isn't he.....

#33 Posted by nigravirum1 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay this was kinda stupid to ask... you know Joker is gonna win this one no matter... no one can resist the Clown Prince Of Crime.

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Beerminator1 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is still my favorite... Even thou I don't like his new origin story.

#36 Posted by Havenless (1390 posts) - - Show Bio

Trigon makes the poll and this guy doesn't? ................................

#37 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15775 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I have more pics like that if you want to check them out .

#38 Edited by Patera_All (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Because once KG Beast shows up, you know sh*t just got real... but no, seriously, Doomsday.

#39 Posted by SynCig (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate to be just another Joker vote but I couldn't resist. He is just too great of a villain. With that said I would also like to put forward that Sinestro, Darkseid, and The Rogues are all pretty close.

#40 Posted by Wolverine08 (44063 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (739 posts) - - Show Bio

Harvey Two-Face Dent for me. Based mostly on B:TAS and their rendition of the character. Plus the coin flip affect is one of my favorites. So much so that I carry a Two Face collector coin in my pocket at ALL times. I think I even have a picture of it in my pictures folder on this site.

Yep, found the picture:

#42 Posted by Patera_All (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, the only villains month book that really stuck with me was the one written about my favorite character; Bane. Every other issue I got, I ended up putting up for sale but Bane really went somewhere. Unlike many of the stories, I felt like I was reading the opening chapter of something new and interesting rather than a retread of things villains have already done before. Also, Tomasi finally did something with Bane that I have never really liked: he brought back Bane on Venom and made it work in that it has become a part of him rather than just a crazy drug that beefs him up.

#43 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (15775 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: I don't know if I have a lot for Lex but I will check.

#45 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Face!!

#46 Edited by Mulder15 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd: Yeah overrated..........sure

#47 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Sinestro just because I think in the last decade he's risen to become an A-lister among villains, but it's really too hard for me to pick an actual favourite. At least, it'd be impossible to pick a favourite villain of Batman and Superman.

#48 Edited by Omnicrono (1932 posts) - - Show Bio

The Riddler when done right. (After that - Darkseid.)

TAS

And I must say - I am really enjoying Snyder's Riddler so far.

#49 Edited by ClawFist (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother Blood really should of gotten a villain's month under Animal Man. He's only been in two issues but he's really laying it on and proving to be a threat to Buddy Baker's way of life.

#50 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (883 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't even have to think about it. The greatest villain ever, in my opinion, is the Joker.