• 138 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36405 posts) 10 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Current Big Event (447 votes)

DC's FOREVER EVIL / VILLAINS MONTH 45%
Marvel's INFINITY 21%
Marvel's X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM 17%
TMNT'S CITY FALL 13%
Other (If we missed a big event, please specify below) 1%
None of the above 3%

Big events have definitely been hit or miss over the years, but we're fortunate enough to have four with a whole lot of promise taking place right now. Marvel is keeping their big players busy, that's for sure. While the Avengers are handling dire cosmic matters that'll lead to "Inhuman," the X-Men are encountering their own set of massive problems with time travel. Meanwhile, DC is fully immersed in Villains Month, giving the bad dudes and dudettes time to shine and revealing who will stand with the Crime Syndicate and who will fight against them. Things aren't any brighter over in the TMNT world, either. Leonardo has seemingly become Shredder's right hand man and a massive gang war is about to break out in the Big Apple.

Four totally different stories, but which one are you digging the most and why?

Voting remains open until Thursday morning (ET). Shortly afterwards, a new feature with the poll results and more will hit the homepage, so be sure to check back then!

#101 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil, Infinity a close second

#102 Edited by nigravirum1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Villains month is the greatest thing DC has ever done with the new 52! best thing since Flashpoint! Marvel... well they are crap right now... we can thank Bendis for that

#103 Posted by Saren (25277 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

Infinity is by far better than Forever Evil. The art in that book is atrocious an the story is meh. All the villains books for the most part have been subpar to downright terrible. Hickman>>>Johns in my opinion. There must be a lot of DC fans on this site for the voting to be that much in favor of FE.

OR, maybe people just like FE more than Infinity, your opinion isn't fact you know. Just cause you say Hickman is better than Johns doesn't mean it's so. I'm tired of going onto polls and hearing people whine about this site having "too many DC fanboys" everytime DC is ahead in the polls.

I have noticed a DC bias on this site, but it's nothing to get worked up about really.

Or, or, shock, horror, confusion, maybe Forever Evil actually is better than Infinity? I mean, it would help if I didn't want to tear out half the pages in Infinity because they're empty distractions from the story I want to read. Just.a theory.

#104 Edited by Wolverine08 (38585 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

Well, maybe it's just opinion, and neither is objectively "better". Just my theory.

#105 Posted by Saren (25277 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane:

Well, maybe it's just opinion, and neither is objectively "better". Just my theory.

Take your logic and reason somewhere else!

#106 Posted by ddrohan (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil didn't grab me. And Villains Month hasn't impresse me yet. Don't follow TMNT. I'm X'd out right now. So, that left Infinity. Actually, I've really enjoyed it.

#107 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

I am the low percent that voted for TMNT: City Fall. second I would say for me is my DC Universe Vs Masters of the Universe. the first issue is a great setup for what should be an great story. GO 80'S FRANCHISES FOR THE WIN!

#108 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity should be winning this poll

I read Forever Evil #1 and didn't see what was so great

#109 Posted by lordgawain (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive read forever evil and thought it was great. But cos the story has progressed more in tmnt and only 1 issue has come out of forever evil im gonna say city fall.

#110 Posted by kilomac29 (321 posts) - - Show Bio

I was interested in the Infinity event, but it was spread over way too many books I'm not currently reading. Will definitely pick it up in trade though. Same for Battle of the Atom.

#111 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

I say it all the time so Imma say it again... DC Fanboys run the Vine. I haven't even voted yet and I bet you Forever Evil is winning and not only that but I bet they'll win this week.

Lets see if I eat my words or not HUH!

EDIT:

*Ed Lover Face*

I am surprised though that City Fall votes.

( +)

#112 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1300 posts) - - Show Bio

I confess I don,t like big events any of them there billed as earth shattering and well change the whole comic universe as we know it but once there done nothing changes. Just a big let down IMHO.

#113 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Luckily, I don't suffer from event fatigue anymore. Well not from the Big Two anyway. It's really annoying that I have to give up City Fall two issues before it finishes. Fortunately I can buy the last two for Christmas and enjoy them then.

#114 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: Or maybe it's one of these two answers that is true and not your absurd theory that DC fanboys run the Vine

@citizenbane said:

Or, or, shock, horror, confusion, maybe Forever Evil actually is better than Infinity? I mean, it would help if I didn't want to tear out half the pages in Infinity because they're empty distractions from the story I want to read. Just.a theory.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's one of these views that is the more sound answer.

#115 Edited by Strider92 (16096 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n Valiant's Sect War is going to badass!

#116 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@yung_ancient_one: Or maybe it's one of these two answers that is true and not your absurd theory that DC fanboys run the Vine

Your Super-Illuminate can't hide forever!

#117 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Ha you cannot prove the existence of such a cabel of DC fans running this site! We are the secret in the night sacrificing Marvel fanboys to satiate Didio's appetite :P

#118 Posted by Mutie199 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the concept of forever evil but i havent read enough issues yet to be able to judge if i like it more than the others. BOTA is certainly very exciting and looks to be a promising crossover that i will probably absolutely adore in the end. But for now i think Infinity is awesome and is the best event marvel has published the last few years so i'll give it my vote because i think it deserves it.

#119 Posted by sasquatch888 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

forever evil has so much intensity with classic characters we all love or hate put in an unbelievable situation.....infinity seems all over the place ,,,,,within two issues of infinity i'm losing interest,,, ill see in through but as exited as i am for forever evil to come out ...i feel bored of infinity already ....dc seems so fresh right now....marvel seems like its hitting a wall ....the avengers in outer space ... boring ....the avengers fighting nameless aliens ...boring ...marvel had so many back to back events that they're losing peoples interest i think it shows right now ....dc forever evil 44 percent...marvel infinity 22 percent as of now even with battle of the atom at 17 percent they cant catch up with two events ...although battle of the atom seems better than infinity to me .... i love marvel best but this event is a dud so far ...the worst so far ...and that saying alot after haw lousy age of ultron was

#120 Posted by Hanson724 (552 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle of the Atom for me!

#121 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4567 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity. Forever Evil was good but, meh. Atom is also good.

#122 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

City Fall...easily

#123 Posted by anthonygiu (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil with Battle of the Atom a VERY close second.

#124 Posted by BeppoTheSuperMonkey (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil is the event I'm most enjoying and most excited to keep reading! Infinity is decent (excited for Inhumanity), but Battle of the Atom is at the top of my list at Marvel

#125 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: Luckily, I don't suffer from event fatigue anymore. Well not from the Big Two anyway. It's really annoying that I have to give up City Fall two issues before it finishes. Fortunately I can buy the last two for Christmas and enjoy them then.

What? Why do you have to give up the final issues? Picking up some new stuff for your pull list?

#126 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Why do you have to give up the final issues? Picking up some new stuff for your pull list?

Unfortunately no, it's the exact opposite. I'm dropping down from 8 titles to 4 titles a month for university. The increased workload along with the hopeful potential social opportunities isn't going to leave me as much comic reading time as before. And TMNT is one title that barely missed out on staying in my pull list. But the other 4 series I have are just too good for me to miss out on at uni. I'm writing a blog on it actually.

#127 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic superhero romp is pretty safe with me. I'll go with INFINITY despite its pacing problems.

#128 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Sorry to hear that buddy. Priorities do come first though.

#129 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I am too man. I'll really feel like I'm missing out even though the Internet and the Vine will be full of comic spoilers. It isn't the same as reading the issue for yourself you know?

#130 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: I am too man. I'll really feel like I'm missing out even though the Internet and the Vine will be full of comic spoilers. It isn't the same as reading the issue for yourself you know?

I definitely know that feel dude. It'll be largely similar for me in regards to video games and school. I'll still play but only when I'm confident I've worked and studied enough for University.

#131 Edited by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely know that feel dude. It'll be largely similar for me in regards to video games and school. I'll still play but only when I'm confident I've worked and studied enough for University.

Are you at university currently? You've mentioned you're at college and that's sometimes the American equivalent of what we Brits call a university.

#132 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Are you at university currently? You've mentioned you're at college and that's sometimes the American equivalent of what we Brits call a university.

Previously I was, I'm at the University currently. University in Canada is exactly the same as what you guys refer to it as :)

#133 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

Previously I was, I'm at the University currently. University in Canada is exactly the same as what you guys refer to it as :)

Some Americans call it college hence my attempt at clarification :P

#134 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Some Americans call it college hence my attempt at clarification :P

Yeah, it confuses me a lot as well.

#135 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

pstssspspspspsspppppppppptttshahaha Bhabahabhahahahaahaha

Hah hahaha Freaking Decoye man. You my friend are a funny fellow don't ever change.

Lvanger, I will say that this time I can see that Forever Evil or City Fall should win because I think everyone is tired of Marvel's events. However, I say it all the time because I truly believe that a huge majority of the users of the vine prefer DC over Marvel (which is fine) and that the staff also prefer DC over Marvel. Nobody can tell me different with 10 DC related interviews at ComicCon, but 3 Marvel related interviews. We always get "Beware the Batman" and "Teen Titans Go!" info but rarely do we get any other comicbook related shows info. I listen to the podcast and they talk a lot about DC.

Aint nothing wrong with it. I just want to point it out is all.

( + )

#136 Posted by Lvenger (18312 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one: In relation to Comicvine covering more DC news, I heard G-Man say that DC are more willing to publish their stuff and have dealings with Comicvine than Marvel is. Hence the so called DC bias in the newsfeed.

#137 Edited by shol (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Went with Battle Of The Atom. Forever Evil had a decent start. Have no interest in Infinity or that TMNT event.

#138 Posted by flazam (2470 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle of the Atom/Forever Evil

#139 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil FTW!