• 138 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Current Big Event (447 votes)

DC's FOREVER EVIL / VILLAINS MONTH 45%
Marvel's INFINITY 21%
Marvel's X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM 17%
TMNT'S CITY FALL 13%
Other (If we missed a big event, please specify below) 1%
None of the above 3%

Big events have definitely been hit or miss over the years, but we're fortunate enough to have four with a whole lot of promise taking place right now. Marvel is keeping their big players busy, that's for sure. While the Avengers are handling dire cosmic matters that'll lead to "Inhuman," the X-Men are encountering their own set of massive problems with time travel. Meanwhile, DC is fully immersed in Villains Month, giving the bad dudes and dudettes time to shine and revealing who will stand with the Crime Syndicate and who will fight against them. Things aren't any brighter over in the TMNT world, either. Leonardo has seemingly become Shredder's right hand man and a massive gang war is about to break out in the Big Apple.

Four totally different stories, but which one are you digging the most and why?

Voting remains open until Thursday morning (ET). Shortly afterwards, a new feature with the poll results and more will hit the homepage, so be sure to check back then!

• 
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#51 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I want to vote for Trinity War even though its over. It was my favorite event in quite a while and that's because it was full of superheroes acting more reasonably than I can ever recall in a crossover. There were so many times where in other comics things would have gotten out of hand because people decided to punch instead of talk or forget that everyone else is also a hero, but the infighting was minimized (not counting things where people literally weren't in control of themselves) and characters remained intact. I thought it was great and it was a favorite for that alone. Also great though were the many times where an issue-ending reveal happened but then the issue kept going. Im pretty sure there was one comic I was reading where like halfway through the book that sort of reveal/cliffhanger was happening every other page but it just kept building. There were other good things - like a couple betrayals that were well-hidden because we'd been given an issue from the point of view of one of the betrayers but thought she was only a double agent and good at heart anyway, and the other was a character that didn't even know he was bad - but those first two are what i'd like more of in events: Conflicts that don't sacrifice the character or intelligence of the heroes involved and surprises that aren't ending points.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Forever Evil/Villains Month, hands down for me.

First issue of Infinity made me cry with boredom, I actually regret falling to peer pressure and buying that issue. I'm going to wait and see how people's reviews and opinions of the series develops as the series progresses, but until then I'm dropping it - simply because there are much better titles at the moment where I would happily invest my money for.

CalebTheSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Other!!! Because I'm a Trade Waiter and won't read any of these for a year or so, but I'm most excited about City Fall.

Michael_Moran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All four are really good.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The title alone says it all Forever evil.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said TMNT but I am looking forward to the Outsiders War coming in Green Arrow

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@viin said:

I said TMNT but I am looking forward to the Outsiders War coming in Green Arrow

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

arw1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... I'll say Forever Evil for first.

City Fall's been pretty goo so far, but it'll go into second.

Because of funds, I'll wait on Battle of the Atom.

.... What's Infinity? A car of some sort (lol)? Yes, I'm not getting it for now.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

City Fall is by far the most interesting and well written events from any universe as of late.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Forever Evil. I have consistently enjoyed DC's events more than Marvel's.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lifeofvibe

aeternus malum!!!!!

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

The fact that City Fall is last makes me sad for everyone. Just cuz I feel like its because not everyone is reading it. Forever Evil has a chance to be as good, but there is no way the other two are better than City Fall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

City Fall. The easiest choice I've made in a long time.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity, for sure. It's been a long time since an event has honestly warranted the term "epic", as Infinity does.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

City Fall is by far the most interesting and well written events from any universe as of late.

QFT. It's a shame more people don't read it because it's a really good event storyline. More innovative than what the Big Two have been doing in the past 5 years event wise IMO.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity is by far better than Forever Evil. The art in that book is atrocious an the story is meh. All the villains books for the most part have been subpar to downright terrible. Hickman>>>Johns in my opinion. There must be a lot of DC fans on this site for the voting to be that much in favor of FE.

detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever Evil of course but City Fall is a very close second. The last Marvel event I read was Shadowland and I dont plan on picking up anymore of their garbage

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

City Fall is easily the best, but then again that's because TMNT is one of the best books out there right now. Not a DC guy in the slightest, couldn't care less about anything going on over there not much interest in Battle of the Atom either, Infinity was off to a good start, but I'm behind on that.

Dm225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forever Evil is the only one I'm reading.

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is evil winning, I didn't love it but it was a descent start with okay art. I'm a X-Men fan but judging on not just the writing but the artist on the series, Jim Cheung, Jerome Opeña, Yu, & Deodato Imma have to go with Infinity.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

Uh, I'm only reading the villain month stuff right now so I guess it wins for me.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Tough to say.

City Fall has been great, but I would also vote for Forever Evil. The Villain's Month titles have individual varied heavily in quality, but I really like the main Forever Evil title.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

BotAtom. Slightly better than Fevvill

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The only one I'm reading at the moment is Forever Evil

cresentking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By cresentking

forever evil

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

What is it exactly that makes something an 'event?' I mean, pretty much every event story has its own main miniseries and then a bunch of tie-ins. I'm not saying it isn't excellent or epic, but what exactly makes City Fall an 'event' as opposed to just a major story arc?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Evil.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Is there is a DC bias on Comic Vine (not that Im coplaining considering I voted 4 Evil(, cus its whooping butt here and beats both Marvel Titles combined, Its a nice contrast to Newsaramas comment page full of constant complaining about the new 52 and how Forever Evil is boring.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to be "that guy" but does city fall really qualify as a big event? Don't get me wrong im sure its great, but usually big events spill into other titles. And City Fall is just a TMNT story right?

HeckTate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm usually a DC guy, but Battle of the Atom is off to a great start and Forever Evil is really only prologue deep so far. If we're factoring in villains month with Forever Evil, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with most of the villain titles so far.

Avatar image for flyinggrayson22
FlyingGrayson22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FlyingGrayson22

Really close between Forever Evil, Battle of the Atom, and City Fall. Ultimately I went with City Fall, mainly because of how happy the last page of the last issue made me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 the_stegman  Moderator

Infinity is by far better than Forever Evil. The art in that book is atrocious an the story is meh. All the villains books for the most part have been subpar to downright terrible. Hickman>>>Johns in my opinion. There must be a lot of DC fans on this site for the voting to be that much in favor of FE.

OR, maybe people just like FE more than Infinity, your opinion isn't fact you know. Just cause you say Hickman is better than Johns doesn't mean it's so. I'm tired of going onto polls and hearing people whine about this site having "too many DC fanboys" everytime DC is ahead in the polls.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Deranged Midget

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

QFT. It's a shame more people don't read it because it's a really good event storyline. More innovative than what the Big Two have been doing in the past 5 years event wise IMO.

Without a doubt. Marvel and DC have just been dishing out flashy, big scaled and predictable events lately and it's really caused quite the fatigue for me. The only event I've really, really enjoyed from Marvel recently was Spider-Men.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 the_stegman  Moderator

What is it exactly that makes something an 'event?' I mean, pretty much every event story has its own main miniseries and then a bunch of tie-ins. I'm not saying it isn't excellent or epic, but what exactly makes City Fall an 'event' as opposed to just a major story arc?

I actually agree. To me, an ''event" has to have a large crossover feel, it sweeps across the entire universe that it's in, Forever Evil is an event because it's affecting all of the DCnU. Infinity is an event because it affects all of the MU, Battle of the Atom is (kinda) a event cause it's affecting all of the X-Men universe. I wouldn't consider City Fall an event since, it's just another story arc, granted it might be the largest threat the TMNT have faced yet, but still not a event, I think Gregg included it just cause he really, really likes the TMNT series.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trinity was a great lead in, and Forever Evil has potential, but come on, Infinity all the way! It feels necessary. Hickman writes layer upon layer when crafting a story, and he's been building to this for so long. He changes the mythology of his subjects while staying true to their character. It feels like he's going to do with Black Bolt's will/discipline, what he did with Franklin Richards' powers, and have him live up to the potential which has always been hinted at. Not to mention the fact that between Thanos AND The Builders, the stakes feel so high for both The Avengers and New Avengers. City Fall second; it just feels so fresh and FUN! something other events lack. It perfectly blends reverence of TMNT mythology, with the fact that it's creating, what is sure to be, the go-to guide of all future TMNT writers.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

City Fall

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I'm not actually reading City Fall, but it seems actually inspired, unlike most of the other events that are going on. So I gave it the benefit of the doubt and voted for it rather than just picking none of the above.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lifeofvibe

heh even after all the weining and more voting aeternus malum is still taking first place

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MakkyD
@k4tzm4n said:

I see someone voted other but didn't specify? If there's another big event, I'd like to know what I missed :/

Valiant's Unity of course!!!

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Supreme_Maj

Infinity all the way it makes me think on what is going to happen and there is too much variable so you can guest where it will lead you and this is awesome but forever evil too predictable doesn't make my brain work much the same can be said about Battle of the atom but Hickman work on Infinity master piece any think can happen.

raythelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Forever Evil and City Fall

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@the_stegman: Nah, it's included because it was heavily promoted as the franchise's first "event" and has been referred to as a"seven-part event" on a few occasions. It's a huge story aiming to change the respective universe and the tie-ins need to be read for all of the details -- so I'd say that can be considered an "event." None of the other stories have been like this, and like I said, the publisher and creative team recognizes this based on the way they've promoted it and talked about it. Sure, it doesn't hut that I love it, but I asked around before making this poll to see if there was anything else that could be considered an event at the moment and no one could think of anything else.

@maccyd said:
@k4tzm4n said:

I see someone voted other but didn't specify? If there's another big event, I'd like to know what I missed :/

Valiant's Unity of course!!!

That's not out yet!

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

@k4tzm4n: There are tie-ins to City Fall? because that's all that needed to be said to fully classify it as an event.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Valiant is awesome enough that being out yet doesn't matter!!!!

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All are so early on, it's kind of tough to say. I love all of them except for the TMNT event, but that's just because I don't read it. It's one of those books I always hear good great things about, and know I'd like it, but I still never get around to reading it. Maybe I will tomorrow.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Wait, wait, so the tie ins are needed for City Fall?? Cause I know the usual micro series aren't. I'm about an issue or two behind on the main title.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

OR, maybe people just like FE more than Infinity, your opinion isn't fact you know. Just cause you say Hickman is better than Johns doesn't mean it's so. I'm tired of going onto polls and hearing people whine about this site having "too many DC fanboys" everytime DC is ahead in the polls.

I have noticed a DC bias on this site, but it's nothing to get worked up about really.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: There are tie-ins to City Fall? because that's all that needed to be said to fully classify it as an event.

@k4tzm4n: Wait, wait, so the tie ins are needed for City Fall?? Cause I know the usual micro series aren't. I'm about an issue or two behind on the main title.

I wouldn't say they're mandatory, but yes, Old Hob, Karai, Alopex, and Hun's micro-issues have all had direct connections to City Fall.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers