• 138 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (35171 posts) 7 months, 6 days ago

Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Current Big Event (447 votes)

DC's FOREVER EVIL / VILLAINS MONTH 45%
Marvel's INFINITY 21%
Marvel's X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM 17%
TMNT'S CITY FALL 13%
Other (If we missed a big event, please specify below) 1%
None of the above 3%

Big events have definitely been hit or miss over the years, but we're fortunate enough to have four with a whole lot of promise taking place right now. Marvel is keeping their big players busy, that's for sure. While the Avengers are handling dire cosmic matters that'll lead to "Inhuman," the X-Men are encountering their own set of massive problems with time travel. Meanwhile, DC is fully immersed in Villains Month, giving the bad dudes and dudettes time to shine and revealing who will stand with the Crime Syndicate and who will fight against them. Things aren't any brighter over in the TMNT world, either. Leonardo has seemingly become Shredder's right hand man and a massive gang war is about to break out in the Big Apple.

Four totally different stories, but which one are you digging the most and why?

Voting remains open until Thursday morning (ET). Shortly afterwards, a new feature with the poll results and more will hit the homepage, so be sure to check back then!

#1 Posted by Saren (24284 posts) - - Show Bio

EEEEEEEVIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

#2 Posted by Mucklefluga (2428 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil!! But I'm a DC guy ahaha...

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (35171 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#4 Edited by Saren (24284 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity: I like the Thanos story, I like the Cull Obsidian, I like Black Bolt, I dislike the boring-ass Builders story that's just a complete distraction from the story I actually want to read. It's just an extension of the fact that Hickman's New Avengers run is a lot more interesting than his Avengers run.

BOTA: Who in their right mind votes for X-Events any more? Has the Phoenix made its mandatory appearance yet?

City Fall: This is my fault, I haven't read the last two chapters yet out of sheer laziness.

Forever Evil: Lex 4ever

#5 Posted by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's still too early to tell. So far, I've enjoyed Forever Evil the most, but with only one issue of the series out so far, I can't really call it my favorite.

#6 Posted by longbowhunter (5831 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle of the Atom, no contest.

#7 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1027 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever evil is my 1st choice

BOTA would be my second

city fall is my 3rd

infinity Zzzzzzzzz

#8 Posted by Mapuia_Ralte (65 posts) - - Show Bio

City Fall by far, not a very hard choice for me at all

#9 Posted by bladewolf (553 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a hard choice for me between Battle of the Atom and Forever Evil, but I chose the latter since you included Villains Month.

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (13552 posts) - - Show Bio

As correctly pointed out the Builders story is seriously mundane and kills the momentum of the story that is actually exciting.

#11 Posted by ColaNicole (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil.

#12 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh damn, big difference. I expected Infinity to take the lead... That's my vote. I like Forever Evil but Infinity is the main one I'm following.

#13 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil, very closely followed by Battle of the Atom

#14 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity

#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (35171 posts) - - Show Bio

I see someone voted other but didn't specify? If there's another big event, I'd like to know what I missed :/

Staff
#16 Edited by RustyRoy (9191 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

I see someone voted other but didn't specify? If there's another big event, I'd like to know what I missed :/

Maybe he/she just wanted to see the results.

#17 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

City Fall!

#18 Posted by lifeofvibe (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

me to i wonder what it is your missing

p.s i am FOEVER EVIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Edited by Caladorcp (60 posts) - - Show Bio

City fall wins...though I know it won't win in the polls. There aren't enough readers for TMNT to pull the kind of vote it would need to beat Forever Evil or Infinity. I'm surprised its beating Battle of the Atom.

Scarlet Spider REALLY surprised me in the Favorite Spider Title vote. I voted for it, but wow...it must have a cult following over here on the Vine to beat out Superior.

#20 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

DC for the win

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't really choose between Infinity and Forever Evil.I liked the first issue of Forever Evil while the first one of Infinity disappointed me but hte second one was great but the biggest problem is the Builders story - it's too boring.

#22 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (7999 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil

#23 Posted by SavageDragon (2161 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity Rocks.

#24 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

I see some complain that the Builders story is boring, but I guess alien superheroes attacking gods is enough to please me :3

#25 Edited by Cyborg6971 (166 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil for me.

#26 Posted by Overlander (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving Battle of the Atom. It has a great Back to the Future vibe right now and it doesn't have crossovers into every title under the sun. Wide enough to be interesting, focused enough to be manageable.

#27 Posted by TommytheHitman (2450 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wait what about Zero Year? Isn't that technically an event? ...maybe?

#28 Posted by k4tzm4n (35171 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wait what about Zero Year? Isn't that technically an event? ...maybe?

Great point, although I guess I would personally wait to call it one until it spills into the other titles.

Staff
#29 Posted by Outside_85 (7072 posts) - - Show Bio

None... Because I find most events to be nothing more than a shallow spectacle that just derails the normal flow of other books.

#30 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity: I like the Thanos story, I like the Cull Obsidian, I like Black Bolt, I dislike the boring-ass Builders story that's just a complete distraction from the story I actually want to read. It's just an extension of the fact that Hickman's New Avengers run is a lot more interesting than his Avengers run.

Yeah, that's exactly how I felt. I've only read two issues of his New Avengers, but I got more out of only those two than I did out of six issues of his regular Avengers.

#31 Posted by kostisfire (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a Marvel guy but i'll go with Forever Evil.

#32 Edited by Samuel_Simmons (118 posts) - - Show Bio

If this gets updated and includes zero year as an event, then i have a tie between that and forever evil.

To be fair though I haven't read any of the other events, I'm sure city fall is great, but tmnt is pretty far so catching up would be difficult. Definitely not a big X-men fan so not reading BOTA, and well I really don't read much Marvel at all so Infinity is meaningless to me too, although it looks great.

#33 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Man City Fall is spanking Infinity and Forever Evil. Of those latter two I'd pick Infinity over Forever Evil, of course I like Hickman more than Johns, by a lot.

#34 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

To Infinity and beyond! Infinity gets my vote. Also liking BOTA alot too. I have yet to check out Forever Evil yet, but I'm not entirely sure if I will. I don't read TMNT.

#35 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (352 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeeguy91: funny. It seems I am the only one in the world who actually likes Avengers more than New Avengers. New Avengers is good, but way too slow for my taste.

Anyway, I vote for Forever Evil, because Lex LUUUUUUUTHORRR!!!

#36 Posted by impossibilly (876 posts) - - Show Bio

Chapter 1 of Forever Evil really pulled me in, while the first chapter of Battle for the Atom didn't. I'm not sure if I'll read the rest of Battle for the Atom before it hits Marvel Digital Unlimited many moons from now.

#37 Posted by Lvenger (15969 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more of a DC/Marvel fan but I'm not wholly sold on their events. Forever Evil is decent, Infinity is a bit too complex and I don't care about BOA. City Fall is a much better written event with a fresh plot, plenty of twists and great character work. This one gets my vote.

#38 Posted by The Stegman (20710 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

BOTA: Who in their right mind votes for X-Events any more? Has the Phoenix made its mandatory appearance yet?

City Fall: This is my fault, I haven't read the last two chapters yet out of sheer laziness.

Forever Evil: Lex 4ever

#40 Posted by Cavemold (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity how Forever evil is winning is beyond me. Not even close.

#41 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

City fall is just better. Then Forever Evil tied with BOTA and last Infinity but they are good

#42 Edited by RageEx2 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil is interesting, but Trinity War just wasn't that good so I don' have high hopes for it. Marvel's events are MUCH better right now.

#43 Posted by MajorJay (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the evil - can't wait to see how the heroes come back and beat the villians down!!

#44 Posted by Wolverine08 (26264 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity and City Fall.

#45 Posted by CrashBang (110 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a tough call between Forever Evil and Battle of the Atom but FE gets it because Villains Month is a wonderfully fresh idea. Plus nobody does events like Johns.

#46 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

If Infinity didn't focus as much on the Builders and their war with the Avengers, then I would say Infinity. But that part of the comic kills it for me.

#47 Posted by Wilbertus (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever Evil for me. Especially if you throw in Villains Month too!

#48 Edited by monsterduc (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy event stories such as Saga and East of West because these books are so AMAZING that they are an event in themselves!!! And you don't have to go out and by other books in order to get the whole story :)

#49 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: That's what I've been scrolling through the comments to find. If there's an event I don't know about I'd love to... know about it.

#50 Posted by TheHipKid (7139 posts) - - Show Bio

Aeternus Malum