• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (39413 posts) 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Current Animated Series (409 votes)

Avengers Assemble 7%
Beware the Batman 22%
Teen Titans Go! 13%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 30%
Ultimate Spider-Man 10%
I don't enjoy any of them 19%

Welcome to the latest 'Question of the Week!' The question is pretty self-explanatory, right? Vote for the show you love the most and if you want to, say why it earned your vote in the comments below!

Which do you adore the most?

#1 Posted by GraniteSoldier (10860 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of any really. My favorites were the original Spider-Man cartoon and Batman Beyond. I'll be honest I've never given Avengers Assemble a chance though.

#2 Edited by MrMazz (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

has avengers arena gotten any better? I watched the first two episodes and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE im out it was juvinile with no thought of characterization or how to build tension. It was "and than this happened"

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39833 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT is amazing the rest are crap

#4 Posted by Revendawn (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to be a curmudgeon or "that guy", but right now I think we're missing that X factor that existed with some of the previous incarnations Super hero cartoons. Every single one on the list has something that is just a big enough hurdle that I can't get over to fully enjoy. Some pander too much to kids, some have art styles and looks that just turn me off, some are piggy backing off a previous incarnation, but simply not surpassing it. No matter what the reason I feel like this selection is weaker than what would have been put up years ago.

#5 Posted by Squalleon (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't enjoy any of them :-(
TMNT is probably the best of the bunch but all of them are for kids.
Marvel cancelled the vastly superior Avengers EMH and Spectacular Spiderman for shows that i can't even watch the opening sequence!

#6 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really been enjoying Avengers Assemble I don't understand all the hate it gets. Although Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a far better show Avengers Assemble is a great succesor and so far I'm really digging it. The rest are crap. TMNT is meh for me.

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell is Beware the Batman winning!?!?! TMNT> all the others

#8 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz said:

has avengers arena gotten any better? I watched the first two episodes and was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE im out it was juvinile with no thought of characterization or how to build tension. It was "and than this happened"

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't even finish the 2nd episode. I have no interest in watching that crap version. EMH> Avengers Assemble.

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (86127 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Assemble!

#10 Posted by PunyParker (14542 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen an episode of Beware the Batman.It knocks it out of the park!

#11 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7482 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans Go is the only show I enjoy.

#12 Posted by TheHeat (485 posts) - - Show Bio

How the hell is BTB winning? Must be those idiotic "Batman always win" votes. TMNT is best animated show today. And I do miss EMH.

#13 Posted by MrMazz (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

@madeinbangladesh: Jeff Leob's involvement in agents of shield is the one thing that has me worried about it. I trust Jes Wheron and his Co. And they have Joss on speed dial to say hey I made you a 1.8 billion dollar film. but man him + abc could ruin that show by making it so ncis becaus hey they have quippy banter as well

#14 Posted by cyberchop979 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT is awesome, BUT Teen Titans Go! is AMAZING. Had to go with Teen Titans Go!

#15 Edited by longbowhunter (8480 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying Teen Titans Go quite a bit. I don't really think of it as a comic book show. Its more Regular Show and less Young Justice.

#16 Posted by Breadspread (771 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that Beware the Batman is very polarizing, most people either love it, or, hate it, with very few in between. I personally really enjoy the risks they're taking with both the art direction/character design and character choices/ development.

#17 Posted by Trevel8182 (755 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything Marvel is doing animation wise is god AWFUL!!

#18 Posted by blkson (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, although I'm tired of seeing Batman so damn much. I love the Turtles but, Batman feels more mature to me. Mikey's one-liners are better than Parker's on the new Spidey show but they are still lame

#19 Edited by Trevel8182 (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz said:

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't even finish the 2nd episode. I have no interest in watching that crap version. EMH> Avengers Assemble.

No Avengers Assemble is still awful this week's episode with Hyperion was the best but this show's best episode is Earth's Mightiest Heroes worst episode.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (47867 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT and Beware the Batman.

#21 Edited by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't really like any of them that much, but I choose TMNT and Beware the Bat

#22 Posted by War Killer (20798 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, out of that list, I have to go with Beware the Batman. Not into TMNT and USM and Avengers Assemble both suck...

Honestly, there aren't really any good animated series out right now...

#23 Posted by Bonzi161 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

All about ulti spidy... PAUL DINI DAMMIT

#24 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT definitely!

#25 Posted by patrat18 (11589 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

avengers assemble is marvel milking the hell out of the avengers movie, the cheesy jokes the same quotes, the avengers building, it's pathetic hell they even made a trailer about it the show sucks hard.

#26 Posted by CEO_OF_FRESH (379 posts) - - Show Bio

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

#27 Edited by RedLantern23 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont enjoy any of them. Honestly its kind of a hard time for comic book fans in the cartoon area. I would say this is nostalgia talking (I grew up on 90s cartoons) but I've enjoyed recent series such as Young Justice, Spectacular Spider Man, Green Lantern: TAS, etc.

Thank the heavens for Netflix!

#28 Edited by Raw_Material (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Close one between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ultimate Spider-Man, but I went ahead and chose TMNT.

#29 Posted by cuddles667 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT is amazing the rest are crap

So true it hurts! We'd all be humming a different "toon" if Spectacular Spidey, Avengers: EMH!, and Wolverine & the X-Men hadn't met with such tragic, untimely ends!

#30 Posted by tigerkaya (1375 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT no contest the rest are crap. Beware the Batman, stick to hand drawn animation your city is as lifeless as your color palettes. Only Green Lantern Animated did CG animation better over this new Batman series.

#31 Posted by Eivion (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Went with TTG. I like the black humor it has tendency towards. Don't dislike any of the other shows mentioned, but none of them have built upon a bigger story in an interesting way the way shows before them did.

#32 Posted by mkukie68 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Beware the Bat is pretty good, Teen Titans Go is a mockery of what it replaced. They don't fight any villains... Man am I nostalgic for the 90's Batman animated series. That show is timeless

#33 Posted by ptigrusmagus (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Transformers season just ended but it was BOSS

#34 Posted by cameron83 (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen all of the following except TMNT and I must ask...why the f*** is ult. Spiderman and AA up here.Both shows are not only garbage but full of PIS (like the Hyperion episode...I mean freaking really? Iron Mans missiles and Thors attacks do NOTHING, yet Captain America's shield throws manage to knock him back 10 feet and cause him great pain? Not even Ult. Captain America has the strength to do that. And they use halfass movie references to try desperately to tie it into the movies. Such a cheap technique, especially because it's done so poorly. What a pity. Don't even get me started on Spiderman... basically they use cheap gimmicks like electric webs as if they are showcasing toys. And the shows are obviously aimed at children, but there is nothing but cheap low comedy.Especially with those friggin stupid deformed chibis.

Beware the Batman is the best imo. ..how is TMNT? Is it any good?

#35 Posted by HumanRocket (10678 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving Avengers a chance. I don't like the new teen titans stuff the ultimate spider man is meh. The avengers is okay but no were near as good as EMH. I will say they so have Hawkeye down.

#36 Posted by cameron83 (7774 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by butters911 (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spidey!!

#38 Posted by NightCrawler358 (202 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty behind on modern cartoons, the only one I've seen is TMNT so I chose that. I'll get around to watching the other ones sometime, but it seems they're all remakes/downgrades from the things that came before them :/

#39 Posted by The Stegman (28603 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot.

#40 Posted by jorgeareizaga (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Spiderman is trash!!

#41 Posted by dondave (39834 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT is by far the best series out although Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H premiere was very good

#42 Edited by SupBatz (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT most definitely... Still missing Young Justice though. Blows everything else out of the water.

#43 Edited by SynCig (876 posts) - - Show Bio

I adore the TMNT series so that gets my vote. I have enjoyed Beware the Batman though. Especially with that last League of Assassins episode. Not a fan of the other three options though. Teen Titans Go is fine but not my style. Ultimate Spider-Man is bad and Avengers Assemble has not been very good so far.

#44 Posted by SynCig (876 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also like to add that I am re-watching the Justice League cartoon on Netflix and I wish modern cartoons were handled in a similar fashion. The show really gets the characters right and they all have very profound personal character arcs throughout.

#45 Edited by maxicere (998 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like this shows. The only I can say is Avengers Assemble is the worst of them.

#46 Posted by bookerman20 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Where can I write in Young Justice on my DVR???

#47 Edited by PeppeyHare (4314 posts) - - Show Bio

People voting for Ultimate Spidey and Avengers make me very sad. TMNT is the only good show on this list imo

#48 Posted by BritishMonkey (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this seems pretty unanimous. TMNT by far.

#49 Posted by Xwraith (25077 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen any of them, but TMNT is the only one I find interesting at all.

#50 Posted by sync1 (3062 posts) - - Show Bio

Non of them. All garbage in my opinion.