Comic Book Question of the Week: Scariest Marvel/DC Character

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week: Scariest Marvel/DC Character (471 votes)

Abomination 0%
Batman 2%
Carnage 15%
Cheetah 0%
Crossbones 0%
Darkseid 2%
Dark Phoenix 2%
Gorilla Grodd 1%
Green Goblin 1%
Joker 23%
Killer Croc 1%
King Shark 0%
Lady Deathstrike 0%
Mephisto 1%
MODOK 1%
Parallax 3%
Professor Pyg 6%
Punisher 1%
Red Skull 1%
Sabretooth 1%
Scarecrow 11%
Sinestro 1%
Solomon Grundy 1%
Thanos 1%
Venom 7%
Wolverine 1%
Zsasz 5%
Ghost Rider 2%
Atrocitus 1%
Other (Specify Below) 7%

Seeing as it's Halloween this week, it could be fun to think about the most frightening and scream-inducing characters Marvel and DC has to offer. Who would make you pee your pants if you ever bumped into them in a dark alley? Is it an individual would could turn you into dust with the blink of an eye, or is there something far more fearsome about street level characters who subject their enemies to all kinds of horrors? We have quite a few on the list, but it's absurd to think we'd get every scary creature from both companies. So, in the event the person you have in mind isn't on the list, vote "other" and tell us who you're thinking about.

The poll will stay open until Thursday morning (ET). Once the poll is locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Why'd you vote for a certain character and what exactly makes them so scary? Do any specific examples immediately jump to mind? Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

• 
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By TommytheHitman

Black Manta. There's something about him swimming underwater and trying to kill me that freaks me out.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I don't care if you don't agree....GREEN GOBLIN!!!!!...although it's Norman Osborn,i find most frightening

I find this....

No Caption Provided

...scarrier than this...

No Caption Provided

U catch my drift?!

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A savage, rampaging Hulk since his strength limits know no bounds. Or Galactus. That's always a good answer. Of course since Joker seldom has a reason behind his madness that's pretty scary as well.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Punisher Marvel Swim Suit Issue Made my hair turn white o.o

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

none of them scare me really, but Imma go with Batman.

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Geez, this is a hard question.

The Joker, Scarecrow, Professor Pyg and Darkseid are characters that scare me the most.

The Joker for his unpredictability, Scarecrow for making you think that your nightmares are real, Professor Pyg for being just plain creepy and Darkseid for being able to take over a planet by lifting a finger.

But my vote will have to go to Scarecrow. I would never want to breath in his fear toxin.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MakkyD

@iaconpoint: Joker's reasoning is whatever the plot calls for!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#58  Edited By Outside_85
No Caption Provided

Imagine him writing your favorite character. (just to get it out of the way)

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Patera_All

He isnt popular enough to win, but with his methods and MO, it should be Pyg. There are fates worse than death, and he pulls "Human Centipede" stuff on the daily!

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By thespideyguy

When I was a kid Venom scared the socks off of me.

Wpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Carnage nuff said

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lifeofvibe

lets be honest here even if anybody as most likly the joker or zasz or carnage wins theres a reason the scarecrow was created so its gotta be scarecrow

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted Carnage for scariest, but would vote MODOK for creepiest.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Joker. Zsasz and Scarecrow are second and third.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost Rider, Venom and Carnage. Not really sure why people find the Joker scary.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine, because Wolverine.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Parallax. He is fear itself. With most people you have a chance, but when you come face to face with him, like what are you supposed to do lol.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Ultraman

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broo1232: Hell yes to Doctor Dee. None of my choices are in the poll. Zombie Mr. Fantastic (absolutely insane even before he turned), Dee, The Corinthian, Kryb, Low, etc...

Anyone wanna explain why Crossbones is listed over any other generic assassin-type?

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I voted Zsasz. I just think he's creepy because he's a very realistic type of crazy serial killer.

Urthiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#71  Edited By Urthiln

@maccyd said:
No Caption Provided

Humanity's greatest fear is the unknown. Hence why we fear ghosts, ghouls and demons, we don't know what they are, what they want and how to stop them. So what happens when humans discover they're in a universe full of gods who could swat them like flies? Beings whose only thought is hunger, hunger for your planet and you are but a speck? Least your life is significant to a psychopath, to this unstoppable being, you are what humans feel for cows when at McDonald's and the one thing humans fear most is being forgotten.

That's all I got, so VOTE GALACTUS!!! :P

Know me, Annihilus. Know me...and KNOW FEAR.

KingSolomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for joker but totally forgot about arcane from swamp thing. Dude is like the re-animator but in a far more sick way.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carnage or Scarecrow

PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

pretur22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pretur22

mad hatter

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

Joker. There's nothing worse than someone viciously and slowly killing you while smiling the entire time.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Joker. There's nothing worse than someone viciously and slowly killing you while smiling the entire time.

Exactly this. The guy is seriously demented.

No Caption Provided
VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted Green Goblin. He's super smart, manipulative, powerful enough physically to dismantle pretty much anyone in real life. Insane enough to perform truly gruesome acts, but sane enough that he can fool the entire world into believing that he's just an innocent businessman.

The fact that he's pretty much broken his son beyond repair, and all of the awful things he's done to Peter in attempts to break him, coupled with the very potent physical threat he presents makes him pretty terrifying.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpool_9: @thecannon: @jrjoanes: @flazam: @godtriggerhulk: @allstarsuperman: @richardjohngrayson: @jwalser3: @crashbang: @thecannon: @fil123: @skyfire: @admiral_ironbeast: @the_stegman: @omnicrono:

Hello, my fellow viners. By the end of my post i hope you will all be convinced of WHO is truly the scariest character of all time. And the answer is.....

No Caption Provided

Who is Carnage you say? Well lets start off with the man within the symbiote. Cletus Cassady. Before the phycopathic symbiote bonded with him, Cletus was a serial killer. Right off the bat, you have reasons to be scared of him. A serial killer is a person with no soul or remorse,no heart or conscious and 100% evil. They kill for fun, torture for laughs and will bathe in your blood like its a pool. Little children to old women to your average day Joe, a serial killer WILL kill ANYONE. Cletus is crazy. The scan below shows a fight with Flash Thompson aka Venom, where he laughs at a knife through his arm and laughs viciously while biting flesh out of Flash's neck! Bottom line, even without the symbiote im scared terrified of this guy.

Sorry its small!
Sorry its small!

After he acquired the symbiote, he went on rampages with nonstop bloodshed, gore and death in his footsteps. Making a grown man piss his pants and having villains of the RAFT running in fear is proof of his title as Scariest. Again, double check that scan, villains are running away scared out of their minds.

No Caption Provided

Murder, death this guy is ultimately the true evil. How can you say different, he murdered a little girl in cold blood!!

No Caption Provided

Still not convinced? How about his long time loyal woman Shriek being terrified out of her mind just at the sight of him!?

And this is the cherry on top......

No Caption Provided

Well their you go ladies and gentlemen. I've proven my point and thats why Carnage deserves the title......

No Caption Provided

CARNAGE: SCARIEST COMIC BOOK CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Dabee

I was kind of scared of Carnage when I was a lot younger, mainly because of the Ultimate Carnage side-scroller. (A game which I recommend) No Marvel/DC character really scares me much anymore, so I have to go with that.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mightyrearranger

@cyclonus_the_warrior: Kinda like what The Corinthian does...except he's smiling at you 3 times, since there are teeth where his eyes should be.

HE HAS MOUTHS FOR EYES, PEOPLE, COME ON!

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Tell me when he carries dozens of tongues with him and has villains running scared

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 the_stegman  Moderator

I'll go with Joker, even people cosplaying as him are terrifying

No Caption Provided

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oreoassassin: Mongul wore a monster tongue around his neck and he was still a chump. :p

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Joker...always Joker
Joker...always Joker

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By OreoAssassin
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman: Did you see m post? Carnage killed little girl as well.

yup, but Birthday Boy has a basement filled with little girls bodies. thats worse then some tongues.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

seriously, the Joker? The dude is HILARIOUS.

OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker scary? No not at all. A clown that we could possibly outrun is not scary in my eyes

nigravirum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this is probably the hardest question yet. I'm a major horror movie buff so this is like my ultimate question. Okay so I know a lot of people are going to right off the bat say someone like Joker or Carnage. While I do believe that insanity is a key factor in being horrifying (like it pretty much determines my answer), there are more factors I like to consider. Joker and Carnage may be homicidal maniacs, but honestly, I also find them pretty funny sometimes. You can't deny that Joker is also a comical genius. As far as power goes, I would say Dark Phoenix is extremely scary. Just the amount of power that she/it holds is scary. Scarecrow is also another honorable mention in here because he literally lives off of fear. He uses your greatest fears against you. I think Ghost Rider would make anyone crap their pants if they turned around the corner and saw him. Killer Croc has always been pretty much considered a joke in the comics because of his lack of intelligence, but as he has mutated, hes become a lot scarier (such as in like the Arkham games). But my final answer to the scariest? I have to go with Mr. Zsasz because he honestly scares the crap out of me. The man shows no conscience. He has no sense of right and wrong unlike the Joker who knows whats wrong and chooses that. He is a true sociopath. And also he has what I like to call the "zombie drive" in the sense that no matter what happens to him, he never gives up. Like a zombie, he doesnt seem to feel pain when he gets hit so he pretty much unstoppable. His drive to kill keeps him going far above anything else. I would rather turn around the corner any day and face Joker, than see Mr. Zsasz. That man scares the crap out of me.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically, it should be Parallax. :P

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By infantfinite128

Oh wow! I voted for the Joker, but I didn't think he'd get so many votes!

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't want to get eaten,I'd much rather be beaten than eaten alive. So as I look at this list I narrow it down to Grodd ,Cheetah and King Shark. King Shark doesn't scare me much.I may just fight back if I could .I couldn't out run Cheetah but she's kinda sexy so I wouldn't try too hard anyway so Its Grodd for me. Damn ape wouldn't even eat me raw.naw not his style,he would slow roast me in my own juices as I scream and cook . He would probably taunt me with his creepy ape voice.

zmija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you seen Sugar Man? All the ones listed look like teddy bears compared to him. I voted "other" with that in mind. http://marvel.com/universe/Sugar_Man_%28Age_of_Apocalypse%29

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Onemoreposter

Wow, joker taking nearly a quarter of the votes. Can't say I'm exactly surprised though...

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Joker, especially during the Killing Joke and Death of the Family story lines .

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided