Comic Book Question of the Week Results: Who Do You Want in 'Man of Steel 2?'

• 122 results
dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Toyman ! Maybe earthly threat makes better. Luthor should be in second movie but shouldn't be sole villian. Bizarro was in list? or Atomic Skull makes good either. What about female villians like Silver Banshee , Livewire or Maxima ?

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barkley: No Lex Luthor and Braniac are too big of villains to be in the same movie. Lex is the best choice because its a more grounded villain after you have an alien invasion and it basically sets up Lex Luthor.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

I think Brainiac should be saved for the third movie. We've already seen an invasion in MoS, it would be better if they do something different this time, that's why I voted Luthor, he may have appeared in almost every Superman movie but we have yet to see the real Luthor from the comics.

this

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Lex Luthor with Metallo. Introduce Lex soaking up the attention while giving a press conference outside the newly built Lexcorp. Have Superman fly by in the distance but close enough to grab everyones attention away from Lex. Lex is jealous of being out-shined so he builds his own man of steel, Metallo, to take out Superman. Part of Metallos make-up is a battery made from Kryptonite which isn't yet known to be Superman's weakness. The end battle rivals that of MOS1 with Supes losing because of the Kryptonite until he punches Metallo out of sight where a unknown person jumps into action attaches a small lead case around the Kryptonite and then runs off. Supes then defeats Metallo and we later see that the unknown figure was Bruce Wayne who deduced that Metallo had to be made in part from an unknown element that could weaken Superman.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

It will be probably AFTER the JLA picture...(?)

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If we see Luthor I want him merely as a secondary role at best. Brainiac needs to be the main adversary for the Man of Steel sequel, and my fondest hope is they base it off of Geoff Johns' "Brainiac!" storyline. That would just be utterly perfect in my opinion.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I'd rather there not be a "Man of Steel 2." Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The only reason people like it is for the over-the-top action and because it is the first movie where Superman actually has over-the-top action. There is no story, no depth, no character, and terrible writing. Even the jokes in it are terrible.

This is pretty accurate

jason44143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jason44143

@aquahawk: Maybe...

Man of Steel 2: Braniac attacks Earth a couple of years after Superman has defeated Zod and helped the people in many ways since then. The attack triggers the U.S. government to ask him to destroy the invader, but Superman still feels remorse about what happened with Zod and tries to find a way to stop Braniac without destroying it. Superman, with difficulty, is able to defeat Braniac but causes the government to turn against him due to his refusal to destroy Braniac.

Man of Steel 3: Lex Luthor steps in and sways the government to believe that Superman is subject to destroying them all at any time after the events of the second film. He persuades them to work on a project that will create a creature that can destroy Superman called Doomsday.

I'm not downing your idea, but the reason this probably wouldnt work is 1.) We all need to give up on wanting to see Doomsday in a live action movie, seriously if they ever used him it wouldnt even be a good storyline. the some of the best parts of that story were the other heroes trying to take up the mantle after his death making you actually feel as though the guy died and isnt coming back, that cant happen in a 2 hour film. Metallo, Bizzaro, or Parasite would be a much more likely character for the idea you presented. 2.) After what happened in this Man of Steel there is no need for another attack from anyone to make the government mistrustful of superman. As far as the world knows kryptonians are freaking powerful and theres no way of stopping them. all we have is supermans word to rely on that he wont turn against us. But actions speak louder than words and this superman cant say he refuses to kill.

Pretty much I think you have the right ideas but that you should switch Man of Steel 3 with Man of Steel 2.

@equinox:

It has to be Lex. Brainiac really isn't different from Zod in the grand scheme of things (alien invader threatening the world). Lex is a different villain in that he would challenge Superman intellectually and politically at a time in which he really needs to establish his legitimacy. We could still get a power suit slugfest in the end, but Lex as the main villain, killing Superman's public credibility while using smaller villains like Metallo to try and duke it out w/ Superman would make perfect sense.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Lex and Brainiac, with Batman perhaps making at least an appearance if not help him to a small degree.

But I honestly am tired of the "cunning how do I outsmart Superman" lex like past movies and want a more direct Lex, for example ones we've seen in comics, Injustice, cartoons etc with the Lex Suit instead of just creating someone to fight Superman or trying to blow up various places at once...or making kryptonite islands.

Brainiac, if they do it any where nearly as good as the animated film was MOS 2 will be just as good if not better then MOS 1. I'd like to see Doomsday perhaps in MOS 3 or at the end teased at the end of MOS 3 or Justice League(since Darkseid is supposed to be the main villian in that)

jason44143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equinox:

It has to be Lex. Brainiac really isn't different from Zod in the grand scheme of things (alien invader threatening the world). Lex is a different villain in that he would challenge Superman intellectually and politically at a time in which he really needs to establish his legitimacy. We could still get a power suit slugfest in the end, but Lex as the main villain, killing Superman's public credibility while using smaller villains like Metallo to try and duke it out w/ Superman would make perfect sense.

This is exactly what i was thinking. Id love to see any other villain than Lex in the next movie but i just feel he makes the most sense

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

I was thinking Metalo, as the main antagonist, with Luthor in the background (an observer/ the military's private contractor in deciphering the kryptonian technology left in Metropolis from the seeding ship, and biology from Zod's corps, in the hopes of finding a killswitch for superman, who some still don't trust), and set about a year and a half/ 2 years after MoS.

Metalo could have been one of the soldiers on the bomber which fell into the phantom zone with the rest of Zod's men. The wied bald headed kryptonian tries to find a way for the kryptonians to escape the zone by experimenting on the very few surviving humans (becasue why test on your own people when you have lab rats) using a deadly radioactive core to punch a hole through dimensions, and programing metalo to find a opening to the zone from earth (the phantom drive aboard the seeding ship, which is currently in the custody of Lex Luthor). There would be a plot point involving how metalos radioactive Green-K core is slowly killing his remaining human side (but his job was only to find a way for the kryptonians to escape the phantom zone, so why keep him alive any longer) & that the battle between what's left of the human and the machine causes strife for the man of steel himself as (a plot point NEVER brought up in MoS, especually considering the end) he DOESN'T kill, yet it questions the nature of humanity (is he still human if he's mostly machine? and other problems involving that).

Plus it could start to examine Supermans intelligence in fighting (as we only saw him bashing through buildings in MoS), with a scene invoving a large armed bank robery (with one of Supe's C-list villains invovled as the roberrys big puncher) when Superman has to consider that if they open fire on him, yes the bullets will bounce off of him, yet considering the speed at which they would ricochey off of him they could harm or kill any of the hostages (or some such thing). This would then fall into the fight with Metalo where, him being weekend by the K-core he can't just bash Metalo through the wall as it would likely harm others around him and himself. + we could also get some damn good character development (Clark actually interacting with other characters in a friendly way, or him compeating with Lois for a scoop + the introduction of his pal Jimmy).

Thats what i was thinking of anyways. Show the compassionate, human and intellectual side of Superman in the second MoS, and then tease Braniac at the end for a MoS III (Braniac and Luthor).

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'd rather there not be a "Man of Steel 2." Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The only reason people like it is for the over-the-top action and because it is the first movie where Superman actually has over-the-top action. There is no story, no depth, no character, and terrible writing. Even the jokes in it are terrible.

Well, that sucks man. Can't please everyone. But the sequel is happening and it looks like a Justice League movie as well. I'm sure the sequel will be better. Besides there are far worse films(IM2, GR:SOV, Birdemic,GL, Thor, ect.)

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman should kill everyone in this next film.

Yup just to save some time

Stay frosty my friend.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Stormbox

@rustyroy said:

I think Brainiac should be saved for the third movie. We've already seen an invasion in MoS, it would be better if they do something different this time, that's why I voted Luthor, he may have appeared in almost every Superman movie but we have yet to see the real Luthor from the comics.

I agree

Lex has been nothing but a joke in the movies so far, time we had the real luthor in a movie

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id like Darkseid. He's my favorite DC villain and the royalties would really help the Kirby family

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope luthor NEVER gets to be in another superman live action movie. he was in 4 movie. he's had enough.

But all those times we've gotten real estate Luthor. It's time we get businessman Luthor, which would fit perfectly in this universe.

Luthor/Metallo is my choice for sequel antagonists.

Angelo2113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Angelo2113
@butters911 said:

Id like Darkseid. He's my favorite DC villain and the royalties would really help the Kirby family

I'd want Darkseid for Justice League. I think that could be amazing, possibly bring in some elements of the Anti-Life Equation/Final Crisis and Superman/Batman: Supergirl and have Darkseid take control of Superman. I would absolutely love to hear Darkseid say "If someone possesses absolute control over you...you're not really alive."

What was the Supergirl Easter Egg? I missed that.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex lex lex. I kinda think Braniac would have been a better villain for the first movie. Then Luthor, then Zod to bring things full circle.

M1cAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By M1cAL

We all know who Lex is, he does not need to be in another superman movie, at least not as the main antagonist. Metello or Brainiac for the 2nd movie & Doomsday or Darkseid for the 3rd.

Larcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Larcheese

I feel like it will end up being Luthor making Metallo or Cyborg Superman, and in all honesty as much as I would want Brainiac I do not want the plot for the next movie to be ANOTHER alien invasion.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Miss_Garrick

No more Luthor.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I heard rumors The villain might be Doomsday or Lex luthor for man of Steel 2.

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Lex and Metallo for the sequel.

I can Picture Lex Funding the restoration of Metropolis, and become a hero to the Citizen of Metropolis, second only to Superman.

Metallo and Lex's power amour can be based on technology, which Lex manages to reverse-engineer it, while others could not (To show of his brilliant mind).

The kryptonite could be a kryptonian powersource from one of their war fleets.

Poozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Poozer

I feel like Lex Luthor should appear in the sequel. But not as the main villain, just as the suspicious businessman helping to rebuild Metropolis. Superman doesn't trust him, but he fades into the background after Brainiac shows up. I think the movie could still have Supergirl if they followed the New Krypton story. Then we'd get to see epic, large-scale battles between humans and kryptonians and it would bring Superman's allegiance to Earth into question. We'd also get to see some more of Lex when things start heating up between Kandor and the rest of the world. Though they should include a post-credits scene where Lex and some of his cronies accidentally uncover Doomsday in his huge containment chamber while mining in the desert.

Avatar image for braynehurricane
braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75  Edited By braynehurricane

In my mind, an invasion by Brainiac would be too similar to the Kryptonian invasion in this film. I say have Luthor in the next film, perhaps accompanied by Metallo and/or Parasite, reacting harshly to Superman because of the collateral damage he inadvertently caused. Then in the third film have Luthor/Brainiac (maybe Supergirl as well?).

This way, in the second film you see Lex hating Superman because he fears him and has become, or already was, xenophobic. Following that, the third film could have him teaming up with Brainiac because his hatred of Superman has gone beyond xenophobia into pure loathing, jealousy, vengeance, etc.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#76  Edited By nappystr8

Braniac was easily my second choice after Luthor. If they did use braniac I hope they would go with a green skinned organic version and not one of the metallic varieties that have existed over the years.

MYadidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see. Luthor definitely; w/ Metallo as the muscle (terrorist/mercenary angle would definitely work) more Easter eggs for Batman. Supergirl would be awesome too. The comics always load up heavy on characters. Why can't movies do the same with cameos? Darkseid is definitely for the JL movie. But I enjoy this discussion. I loved the movie. I can see people's problems with it but, I thought it was a very realistic update. Kuddos for Snyder for being a bold comic fan.

HashbrownsCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By HashbrownsCV

You couldn't really call him Brainiac, right? You couldn't have an actor say that name in serious dialog. I adore the character from Superman the Animated Series, but that name... They could use the concept of a Kryptonian artificial intelligence and give it some Kryptonian name that wouldn't sound so ridiculous, and then MAYBE somebody on earth calling it "brainiac" like once as an insult.

To be honest, it'll be hard to introduce true aliens into this movie's universe, especially if we're talking about the "guy with mask/makeup" alien so common in comic books (Darkseid, Mongul). Actually, isn't it embarrassing how many aliens in comic books are so unimaginative considering they DON'T have a speical effects budget to constrain their design, nor do they have to fit actors into costumes?

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should kill everyone in this next film.

"Superman Kills The DC Universe"

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Supergirl!!!

aquahawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jason44143: I can roll with the points you make there.

AttitudeEraGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see Lex Luthor and Brainiac in the 2nd film.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Nova`Prime`

You can't possibly have back to back Superman movies without Lex Luthor. Hell bring back Kevin Spacey, he was the only bright spot from Returns.

clumsyninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By clumsyninja

Luthor, Brainiac and maybe a Bruce cameo at the end.

Avatar image for docmanhattan2001
DocManhattan2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've seen a lot of Luthor in past Superman movies - but, well, it's Luthor. My vote goes for a Luthor-Brainiac story. We need to see Luthor in the next movie (yeah, it totally makes sense that Luthor would be involved in the reconstruction of Metropolis and somehow turn it to his advantage). But Brainiac should be the main villain.

AkaBoAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could introduce both Batman and Wonder Woman (that would be awesome actually) but then, just call it a JL movie. I think Superman now needs to face Lex Luthor and showcase the idea of him having human qualities even though he's an alien.

VSG413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brainiac and Lex Luthor would be cool to see. However if they do Brainiac, I have a feeling that they are not going to do a Justice League. But to me if they could do Lex Luthor, they could some sort of Legion of Doom story arc.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Still surprised no Braniac cameo in Man of Steel.

yup

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind Luthor if it was a serious version of that character. I'm going to puke if I see yet another Gene Hackman / Kevin Spacey interpretation.
But I would also only accept Luthor, if the actual villain was Parasite manipulated by Luthor.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#91 Lunacyde  Moderator

No question I'd want Brainiac. He'd fit in well with what MoS established imo

Foxdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Foxdye

Brainiac should be in the third movie if it gets that far. The second one should be more grounded to earth than dealing with more threats from outer space.

Snake_Plissken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luthor, with an ending of Brainiac contacting Luthor after his defeat, saying something like 'I can help you with your Kryptonian problem'. Credits.

Batmanikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I want to see Lex I'm the next film and leave Braniac for the JLA film. I think Darkseid should appear in JLA 2 rather than 1. Maybe a similar story to DC Universe Online as though I don't like the game the storyline is just Blockbuster Gold .

Avatar image for docluthorvondoom
DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just not have another movie? Is that an option?

Avatar image for docluthorvondoom
DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallbecomeabattoo: ah 14 year old mentality. things go crash, superman doesnt save anybody besides named characters and kills. edgy and dark. oh wait ..... that's somebody else....... animal man.

I'm with you man. That movie was all pomp and flash, nothing to do with Supes. The character hasn't endured for almost 80 decades because he was a dark brooding killer, it's because he's suppose to represent the best of us.

And if they are going to be doing another movie (let's hope not) I really hope they don't do Luthor; not just because he's been in so many Superman movies, which is totally a valid complaint, but because he's one of my top five villains in comics, ever, and I know Snyder and Nolan will completely bastardize the character.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@docluthorvondoom: i can imagine when they first pitched the story to WB: 'ok so a superman movie. who plays luthor?...... what's that? a zod? what's that?'. MOS didnt do as great as they hoped so i think they will be hurting pretty badly to use luthor in the next one just because people know him better.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doordoor123:

Are you sure you didn't accidentally walk in on another movie? Man of Steel was the best Superman film ever!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want luthor, and if I'd did, I could watch superman and superman returns. I want someone new, like doomsday or darkseid. This first man of steel was action based and that's what people have come to love about the franchise so far, and I don't think luthor could give superman a good enough physical challenge, or at Lear not as well as some others could. Plus, luthor has been done before. I would ony want to see batman if its definitely going to lead to the justice league movie. Could someone tell me all the Easter eggs? I only say the lex crop one on the side of a truck, I missed the rest.

hotpocket53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging by the lexcorp truck and tower in man of steel its gonna be lex luthor and im okay with that