Comic Book Question of the Week Results: Pick a Cameo for 'The Wolverine'

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Fox has dozens of awesome characters at their disposal, and seeing as Wolverine's last movie was packed with characters, I thought it would be fun to speculate over who we would want to see in Logan's upcoming movie, The Wolverine. We know the likes of Silver Samurai and Jean Grey will appear, but there's so much possibility when it comes to implementing another character or two.

This Tuesday, we provided a poll with ten characters and voting was open until this morning. The list ranged from Deadpool (no, not Weapon XI) to Jubilee. It was a close race -- much closer than the previous questions -- but ultimately, X-23 slashed her way to the top.

No Caption Provided

I can understand why the clone took the victory. Not only is she a fan favorite, but seeing someone else yelling for a change would be refreshing. Not to bash Hugh Jackman or anything -- I actually like him as Logan -- but seeing the character make a switch to a father figure instead of being the center of all the trouble would be a neat change of pace. Plus, X-23's story is simply cool (if you haven't read 'Innocence Lost,' get on that). In the meantime, let's pray Dennis Hopeless doesn't kill her over in the pages of AVENGERS ARENA (you know, assuming the deaths are for real and not a virtual reality). Did you vote for Laura? If so, why? If not, who earned your vote and why do you want to see them?

Check out the poll results below to see what other characters the community really wanted to see. Honestly, I'm shocked there wasn't more demand for bringing back Scott Summers.

The Wolverine is directed by James Mangold and comes out July 26th. Don't forget to check the homepage next Tuesday for a new 'Comic Book Question of the Week!' As always, you're more than welcome to make suggestions for questions every week, too! You can send them to me via Twitter, in the comments below, or via a PM.

Gregg Katzman is a freelance writer for Comic Vine and IGN Entertainment. This is the part where he shamelessly plugs his Google+ andTwitter pagein hopes of getting a new follower or two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is the first one I can remember the winner being the one I voted for.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@xwraith said:

This is the first one I can remember the winner being the one I voted for.

Awesome. Why'd you vote for her?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

Hey, seeing as Laura's my favorite comic book character, I'd obviously love to see more of her. But...honestly, I'm not sure if a film version could even live up to my expectations/hopes. I think the margin of likelihood that I'd be disappointed is much larger than the margin of likelihood that I'd love it. Especially given what they did to Deadpool.

Added to the fact that I can't for the life of me find a casting suggestion for her that I've really agreed with wholeheartedly...

Anyhow, didn't vote because I didn't see the poll and I don't tend to do polls and honestly since the redesign I barely even bother coming here anymore. Not sure how I would have voted but again, it's nice seeing her get some love.

*goes back to loathing Hopeless and Rosemann*

kcvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

can anyone come up with someone to play her?

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

the most logical choice is X-23, as it is a clone created in a laboratory, and we know there is science involved in this, science on Logan. the secondary choice is Daken, as he was Born in Japan, but I don't think he'll appear cuz his mother was killed by the winter soldier,who belongs to marvel INC.

the last one is sunfire, hero of Japan, pretty logical

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Has it ever been confirmed that X-23 was that chick with metal fingernails? The one in X-Men 2

SneakyBawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It simply KILLS me what they've done with her since X-Force.... I mean seriously pains me to watch. That short lived series of hers to now being buried under that Avengers nonsense. Yost, Tan and Crain did her so much justice. So dark and violent. Now that Wolverine is a big wuss in the comics I was hoping she'd fill that void. But no....they completely waste her potential. She needs to seriously be rescued by that team and made a mature title again.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ccraft said:

Has it ever been confirmed that X-23 was that chick with metal fingernails? The one in X-Men 2

That was Lady Deathstrike.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I went with Scott

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish I remembered to vote, X-23 would have definitely been my pick, love Laura she's honestly one of the most original and significant characters to be created in the last decade (ironic since she's a clone technically). I always say Mila Kunis as playing Laura, big green eyes, long dark hair and petite, but age is kinda a factor

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Deadpool should've owned this competition, he's waaaaaay more deadlier than X-23

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clemj

@krypton_: why on earth should there be deadpool in the plot?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Nice choice. It would interesting to seeing who plays her. I vote Chloe Mortez or Maisie Williams!

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By KRYPTON

@clemj: Other than the chance for Ryan Reynolds to strength Deadpool in film so that the character can get a green light for his own movie.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i voted superman

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: that was lady deathstrike

sho3s22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sho3s22

agreed. X-23 adds a trait to Wolverine that is great to see and I'd love to see it live action. Laura has a great story herself that I would see in a stand alone, hands down. Comic and movie gods, please answer my prayers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to see Sabretooth. I mean he was in the first movie. Also it would be great to know that a little lightning bolt didn't kill him in the first X-men movie. He's way too badass for that cheesy death.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23!!!!!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Omega Red?

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted Sunfire. Since Wolverine will be in Japan, I figured Sunfire might show up somewhere in the movie. That'll be hella cool if he shows up.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By DH69

my vote is a character thats depiction isnt utter garbage.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

As cool as it would be to see X-23 in a movie, I hope she isn't. Fox doesn't really have the best track record with the X-Men or F4 so seeing them mess up my favorite character is just not worth it.

If she ended up in a Marvel Studios movie, that would change things.

Come to think of it who owns the movie rights to her? While she is a mutant she has never really been a member of the X-Men team (except for X-Force).

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

Megan Fox as X-23 maybe??

Avatar image for mister_sensational
Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcvic said:

can anyone come up with someone to play her?

My choice would be Summer Glau, anybody who saw her in Serenity knows what I'm talking about but I'll admit it's been quite a few years since that movie came out and others might want to go with a younger actress however Ms. Glau is only 31 and she does already have the action chops on her resume'

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHE IS NOT A CLONE, or at least not by definition. She needs to be genetically identical, and shes only half identical. Again, shes more of a daughter than a clone (+)

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Vortex13

And the one I voted for is in last place lol.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: but she is described as one in the comics

sparda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what about arnold schwarnaggar as bane in a crossover

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool to see deadpool made top two.

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

When I was making my pick I didn't even think about X-23 and that would a really good cameo to know that she exists and has a presense in that universe.

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking about it Rooney Mara would make a very good X-23 because she has the ability to look very adolescent and she has the presense and some good acting chops.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Voted for DEADPOOL

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Daken will be post credit, X-23 won't work

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_sensational: 31 is just too old to play a teenager. Maybe ten years ago I'd have agreed with the Glau pick, but not anymore.

@m3th: Canonically, she is a clone. Yeah, it makes no scientific sense, but this is hardly the first case of bad science in comics. The only difference is supposed to be the change of a chromosome -- again, terrible science, but officially she is a clone.

@chibi_iroh: She's a bit old, and I see no reason not to find a teen talent (known or undiscovered) for the role, but of all the established actresses I've seen suggested, she's the first I haven't recoiled at.

sparda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what about arnold schwarnaggar as bane

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HellionVulcan

I'm all for Cyber since he had an important role with wolverine but X-23 would be cool but i want Daken .

Chibi-Iroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Chibi-Iroh

@akbogert: Rooney Mara is only 27 years old and just because she is a teen in the comics doesn't mean she has to be in the movie.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By akbogert

@chibi_iroh: I know how old she is, which is why I said she's too old to play a teenager.

There's absolutely zero reason to have people older than me play teenagers when there are tons of talented teenage actresses.

There's also no reason to change her age.

(by the way I reread that and it sounds like I'm being aggressive; that's not intended)

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 would be awesome in that I think. Great choice CV community!

Kirateufel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like x-23 but.. I don't wanna see her in a movie >.<