Comic Book Question of the Week Results: Favorite Valiant Series

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

We've made it no secret we're huge fans of Valiant's reboot here at Comic Vine. They've done a brilliant job resurrecting various characters and have done an even better job making their return totally accessible to both new and old fans. Each title is bringing a completely different atmosphere to the table as well. Be it mystical horror or offbeat and raunchy comedy, there's absolutely something for everyone. We each have our favorites, but this week, we wanted to see which series you're all digging the most and why. The dust has settled after two days of debate and voting and Aric was able to soar above the competition. The Renegadesalmost caught up to him, though.

Fun fact: this cover is being turned into a statue. I'LL TAKE TEN.
Fun fact: this cover is being turned into a statue. I'LL TAKE TEN.

X-O MANOWAR was my vote as well and, if I had to elaborate, I'd say it was due to three things: sci-fi, action and paff. Each book is doing a consistently great job, but X-O MANOWAR is just a massively fun adventure which has yet to slow down. As if things couldn't get any better, the next issue has Aric facing off against Eternal Warrior -- you know, that other badass who is also getting his own title (by Greg Pak/Trevor Hairsine). We told X-O MANOWAR's writer, Robert Venditti, his title took the number one spot and here's what he had to say.

"Valiant publishes some of the best comics on the stands today, so for X-O Manowar to be picked as the Comic Vine fan favorite is no small honor. As General Redacted, my favorite character from Archer & Armstrong would say, "[REDACTED] yeah!"

And in case you were wondering, here are the poll results.

• X-O Manowar 26%
  • Harbinger 24%
  • Quantum and Woody 16%
  • Archer & Armstrong 12%
  • Bloodshot 12%
  • Shadowman 10%

There you have it, folks. If you've ever been looking to dive into Valiant, the Comic Vine community recommends X-O MANOWAR the most (closely followed by HARBINGER). Check the homepage Tuesday for the next Comic Book Question of the Week. Spoiler alert: it'll be the same question...but for Image!

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good question of the week. This should garner more interest for valiant comics. Too bad I'm too busy with marvel and Dc to take on more titles besides tmnt. I'll someday jump over to valiant..... Someday

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Quantum and Woody. I'm honestly surprised they won 3rd place. I voted for them thinking they would be the underdogs.

I am also a bit surprised Bloodshot and Shadowman are on the bottom. Then again, it's only 6 titles thus far.

I am interested in Shadowman, Bloodshot, plus Quantum and Woody but I just don't have the spare cash. Maybe as Thorboy said, "someday."

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Don't let the results full you pepole the other Valiant books are just as awesome

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

It's not such a surprise X-O won this poll. Somehow I can't remember voting in the first place. Anyway, my two favorite Valiant series are first and last, or more like last and first. I can't wait much longer for the Eternal Warrior.

I LOVE VALIANT!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Didn't vote on this poll, must of missed it. But I would have voted for X-O Manowar anyways. Is Harbinger worth picking up? I see it's 2nd on this poll

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cameron83

X-O manowar is pretty good. No surprise he won. He's like the Superman of Valiant

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: It's brilliant and I personally think it's better than XO

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedLantern23

This week's poll will be interesting. Saga vs The Walking Dead. Hmm...

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i love all these titles but harbingers is my favorite followed by archer and armstrong , x-o , then everyone else .

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern23: It's gonna be a big poll as well since Image put out a LOT of books

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By theTimeStreamer

might as well try indie. marvel & dc have been pretty sh*tty recently. on paper and in how they conduct themselves with the people that bring in the money.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XO manowar 15 was amazing. I'm definitely getting the hardcopy deluxe of issue 1-14. I'm also picking up eternal warrior.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash: Harbinger is definitely worth the read. It has edged out X-O as my favorite Valiant title over the past couple months. Harbinger Wars is a fantastic story too if you get the chance read it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't think I could pick a favourite. I've read every single title listed. As far as I'm concerned if it has Valiant on the cover I'll buy it in good faith.

CaseyJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaseyJones

I'm surprised Quantum and Woody had more votes than Archer and Armstrong.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donfelipe: did you know Shadowman is getting a new writer?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#17  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Read Quantum and Woody guys!! It's my favorite.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Too bad there wasnt a "'None of them because I couldnt care less about Valiant" option. Then I wouldve gotten to vote in this poll.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

I'm certainly picking up the first trade or maybe I'll make a comixology account finally just to get it and some other indie books.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Cool. I just ordered the first XO trade a couple days ago. Can't wait to give it a read.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty surprised about the attention Valiant is getting here a lot more than for instance Image (which a third biggest publisher). However I lil that you are doing it.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm late tot the Valiant train. I've started reading Harbinger and Bloodshot but haven't had a chance to get to the rest yet. If only I didn't work full time I might be able to catch up :P

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Valaint is DA BEST.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

X-O looks super cool from a distance but I don't have the room for it on my must reads. The only one I've been reading is Quantum and Woody and although its just two issues I already love it.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went Archer and Armstrong. It was the first Valiant book I read and loved it, still do. It's hilarious and clever, brilliantly written and the characters are great. But most of all, if not for it, I would not be reading every Valiant book on the shelves right now, so I owe my weekly enjoyment to Archer and Armstrong, for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

@madeinbangladesh said:

I'm certainly picking up the first trade or maybe I'll make a comixology account finally just to get it and some other indie books.

Ended up getting it digitally.
Everyone listen to madein, this book is great.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

@i_like_swords said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Seriously? Bummer

Yea next issue is his last

I think it was necessary. I liked the first Shadowman story arc but after Patrick Zircher left the book took a nosedive.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Seriously? Bummer

I think it was necessary. I liked the first Shadowman story arc but after Patrick Zircher left the book took a nosedive.

Yea you can kinda tell that JJ was struggling with all his commitments and his writing was suffering, not to say it was bad though it's still a good book.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@that60sguy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Seriously? Bummer

Yea you can kinda tell that JJ was struggling with all his commitments and his writing was suffering, not to say it was bad though it's still a good book.

I didn't know until yesterday. In the November Solicits and on Bleeding Cool it says Alex Kot, Sebela, and Dvorak will be writing issue 12 that will feature 3 stories. I'm okey with Kot and don't know anything about the other two writers who seem to be fairly new. We'll see.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@that60sguy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Seriously? Bummer

I didn't know until yesterday. In the November Solicits and on Bleeding Cool it says Alex Kot, Sebela, and Dvorak will be writing issue 12 that will feature 3 stories. I'm okey with Kot and don't know anything about the other two writers who seem to be fairly new. We'll see.

Yea an 11 is going to be a Halloween special

No Caption Provided

Halloween is coming – and it’s about to hit the Valiant Universe like a ton of bricks!

Valiant is proud to announce its first standalone Halloween special, coming this October in Shadowman #11 – an all-new, hell-raising, bonfire-blazing adventure from critically acclaimed writer Jim Zub(Skullkickers) and superstar artist Miguel Sepulveda (Red Lanterns, The Thanos Imperative)!

After witnessing the origin of all Shadowmen past and present in Shadowman #10, follow Jack Boniface into his first Halloween in the Valiant Universe! It’s All Hallow’s Eve in News Orleans – and Shadowman’s about to find himself alone on the job, standing guard on the most dangerous night of the year. Still reeling from the fallout of his cataclysmic battle with Master Darque, can Jack go it alone and protect his city from the legion of evils that haunt the Halloween night? By popular demand, it’s a special October tale for Valiant’s nocturnal guardian – and a perfect jumping-on point for new readers!

“Halloween mixes in well with the supernatural action and voodoo that drives the series and this issue uses the over the top Halloween revelry in New Orleans as a backdrop for an action-packed caper,” Zub told the New York Post. “On a night where everyone is in costume and the imagery of death and the supernatural is all over the place, Shadowman can operate a bit more ‘publicly’, but the seasonal chaos also presents a whole other set of challenges.”

Featuring a standard cover by Marcus To(Cyborg 009, Batwing), also look for theShadowman #11 Halloween Mask Cover – featuring a perforated, fully detachable Shadowman mask printed on high quality card stock that no Valiant fan will want to miss!

This October, evil has its day. Ride along when Shadowman confronts Halloween’s worst horrors in Shadowman #11 – by acclaimed creators Jim Zub and Miguel Sepulveda!

For more information on Shadowman and the rest of the Valiant Universe, visit Valiant onFacebook, on Twitter and atValiantUniverse.com.

SHADOWMAN #11

Written by JIM ZUB

Art by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA

Cover by MARCUS TO

Valiant Level Two 8-Bit Variant by DONOVAN SANTIAGO

Halloween Mask Cover Also Available

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE 10/2/13 (FOC – 9/9/13)

Drewyetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Drewyetti

Harbinger is the only series i read from valiant, but i'll be opting to read more of valiant and where should i start?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Harbinger is the only series i read from valiant, but i'll be opting to read more of valiant and where should i start?

anywhere, it's all good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drewyetti said:

Maybe Bloodshot, since he's most closely tied to Harbinger.

Other than that, literally everything else is great.

Furcursto79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just as Arthur replied I'm blown away that a person able to profit $8004 in one month on the computer. did you read this site http://7.ly/QDq

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 33

Not suprising

KomicKev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when Valiant was sold to Acclaim back in the 90s and they "reimagined" the characters to parallel some video games they created. I actually bought several of the titles and enjoyed them immensely. Funny, back then Marvel was screwing around with things and saturating the market with a ton of titles, multiple covers, etc. What goes around comes around I guess. I'm always a little leery in investing in a new (or new again) line of comics because I worry in a couple of years they may go the way of so many other lines of past. If they come out in TPB, then I'll surely pick up some of them.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DonFelipe

@jonny_anonymous said:

@donfelipe said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@that60sguy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Seriously? Bummer

Yea an 11 is going to be a Halloween special

No Caption Provided

Halloween is coming – and it’s about to hit the Valiant Universe like a ton of bricks!

Valiant is proud to announce its first standalone Halloween special, coming this October in Shadowman #11 – an all-new, hell-raising, bonfire-blazing adventure from critically acclaimed writer Jim Zub(Skullkickers) and superstar artist Miguel Sepulveda (Red Lanterns, The Thanos Imperative)!

After witnessing the origin of all Shadowmen past and present in Shadowman #10, follow Jack Boniface into his first Halloween in the Valiant Universe! It’s All Hallow’s Eve in News Orleans – and Shadowman’s about to find himself alone on the job, standing guard on the most dangerous night of the year. Still reeling from the fallout of his cataclysmic battle with Master Darque, can Jack go it alone and protect his city from the legion of evils that haunt the Halloween night? By popular demand, it’s a special October tale for Valiant’s nocturnal guardian – and a perfect jumping-on point for new readers!

“Halloween mixes in well with the supernatural action and voodoo that drives the series and this issue uses the over the top Halloween revelry in New Orleans as a backdrop for an action-packed caper,” Zub told the New York Post. “On a night where everyone is in costume and the imagery of death and the supernatural is all over the place, Shadowman can operate a bit more ‘publicly’, but the seasonal chaos also presents a whole other set of challenges.”

Featuring a standard cover by Marcus To(Cyborg 009, Batwing), also look for theShadowman #11 Halloween Mask Cover – featuring a perforated, fully detachable Shadowman mask printed on high quality card stock that no Valiant fan will want to miss!

This October, evil has its day. Ride along when Shadowman confronts Halloween’s worst horrors in Shadowman #11 – by acclaimed creators Jim Zub and Miguel Sepulveda!

For more information on Shadowman and the rest of the Valiant Universe, visit Valiant onFacebook, on Twitter and atValiantUniverse.com.

SHADOWMAN #11

Written by JIM ZUB

Art by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA

Cover by MARCUS TO

Valiant Level Two 8-Bit Variant by DONOVAN SANTIAGO

Halloween Mask Cover Also Available

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

ON SALE 10/2/13 (FOC – 9/9/13)

That's a lot of changes and different (and new) talents for Shadowman in a short period of time. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to these issues. Halloween Special times Shadowman just has to be good, and I love anthology titles; having 3 (shorter) stories in issue #12 could be fun. I'm actually excited about Shadowman's upcoming titles. On Bleeding Cool it also says that there will be a "13X" edition as part of the Bleeding Cool Magazine (for $1.99); an exclusive preview to a new story arc and issue 13 in December. Here's the 13X cover:

No Caption Provided

Pretty cool, huh?

There's plenty of reasons to be excited about Shadowman's future.

Edit: That Halloween cover is pretty cool, too!

Avatar image for katheri84340829
katheri84340829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my buddy's step-mother makes $77 hourly on the computer. She has been fired for 9 months but last month her paycheck was $16184 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site.....WWW.Rush64.ℂℴm

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

a surprise and not a surprise. would think it would be archer and armstrong, their best and most consistent in quality book but x-o is iron batman so i get it. just what the masses love, aigoo.

EdwardGKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now.I feel so much freedom now that I’m my own boss.go to this site home tab for more detail.... http://www.Day34.com

Hathouty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

≥►.◄≤ as Melissa answered I cant believe that a mother able to get paid $5382 in one month on the internet. did you look at this site➡➡➡www.Blue78.com

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

Wish I'd seen and voted on this. -_- Oh well. I would've voted for Harbinger as Shadowman had a serious decline in art quality a few issues back.